War of the Roses

Story Info
Empty Nest Couple lose their way. Will they recover?
1.1k words
4.08
51.4k
45
53
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Just a short story about an empty-nest couple that lost their way. Things got ugly and it looked like their marriage was finished. There is very little sex and no one gets burned. Enjoy.

War of the Roses

Bill Rose didn't want to go home that Friday after work. For the past month all his wife Breana and he did was argue. About anything and everything. Toilet seats left up, picking her teeth, using their phones at the table, driving too fast, too slow, leaving bras on the shower door to dry, were just a few triggers. Since their last kid left for college they were faced with constant contact with each other and both needed some space apart.

"I told you that I don't like horror films," Breana snapped at him when he suggested going to the movies to see Friday the 13th Part VIII.

"Bullshit. You went with us for all the other ones. Well, I'm going alone."

"Go ahead asshole. I'd rather read a bad book than go anywhere with you tonight." She stormed out of the room and into their bedroom.

Bill sat down and sipped on his beer. In a couple of weeks their 20th wedding anniversary was planned with both families and friends. Normally after they had arguments they had make-up sex and things turned around, but he knew it had been two months since they had sex.

He could hear her talking on the phone and figured it was her old college roommate that went through men like chocolate candy on a coffee table. He was so tired of arguing and went to talk to her about doing something else that night when their bedroom door opened and she walked out dressed to party.

"Where the hell are you going?"

"Anna invited me out tonight for a few drinks and some dancing. Go to your fucking movie and say hello to Jason for me."

"Great I hope you have fun with your whore friend. Take some condoms with you. Our son probably left a few in his bedroom."

"Na...I think I'll go bareback tonight and don't expect me back early."

"Fuck...why come back tonight at all? Stay the whole weekend. Paula invited me to stop by her beach house anytime I want."

"Tell that ex-girlfriend skank of yours that I said to eat shit and die."

Both were red faced and about to go nucleur. Never had they reached this point before and their love for each other was buried deep in their hearts. He pushed by her without saying anything and slammed the bedroom door. A few minutes later he heard the front door slam shut and peeked out to see her drive away in Anna's car.

It was two days later on Sunday afternoon when he walked into the door not knowing what to expect. He figured their marriage was over and was too emotionally drained to start fighting again. Her car was in the garage but the house was empty. From the looks of things she never returned on Saturday morning.

After tossing his dirty clothes on top of the washing machine he walked out on the patio and looked out at the beautiful flowers growing. They had worked long hours last year putting them into the ground.

After spending two days and a night at his ex's place he was dead tired and quickly fell asleep on the lounge chair. An hour or so later he heard the patio door open and saw her sit next to him. She was wearing sweatpants and a tee shirt.

"I brought you a cup of coffee."

He took it from her hand and took a sip. "Thanks."

Nothing was said as they sat and finished their Java. Finally, she stood up. "My mother is expecting us for dinner at 4PM. Are you coming?"

"Why would I?"

"So that's it huh? Nineteen years and eleven months. Finished."

"Yeah, that's the way it looks. I'll look for a place tomorrow."

"Bill, may I have one last hug?"

He felt the tears start to fall as he stumbled to his feet and faced her. Her eyes were wet as well as they moved into familiar arms and bodies.

They cried openly and hugged tighter until she whispered, "I didn't sleep with anyone. I started to but I realized I only wanted to make love with you. I stayed and talked with Anna and she told me how foolish I was to risk losing a great man like you. But when I came home Saturday morning you were gone. My text to you never got a reply so I figured your phone was turned off. I couldn't stay in the empty house alone so I packed a bag and she took me back to her house. I love you Bill and hope Paula and you have a wonderful life together."

She started to push away but he held her close. "Paula is five months pregnant and is getting married to a great guy. When I called Friday night she told me how much she was in love with him and told me to come to her beach house to meet him. I needed to get away so I went and like Anna did to you she and her fiancée told me what I was losing. But, I knew that I couldn't go back with you if you had sex with another man so I walked the beach until I came home today."

She wiped her eyes and his and pulled his lips to hers. They kissed like teenagers before she moved her face back and looked into his eyes. "Make love to me."

Their sex was the best it had ever been and they did it one more time. She called her Mom and told her that something came up and they had to cancel out the Sunday dinner.

"Something came up?" He laughed as she stroked him until he was hard again.

She giggled. "Yeah, two times and it looks like maybe the third is on its way.

EPILOG:

They had their twentieth Anniversary party and life returned to normal. Actually, it went beyond normal since their sex life was increasingly better and better. After their fortieth anniversary they retired and moved to a small cabin on a lake and were sitting on rocking chairs watching the sun go down.

Breana was sipping on a sweet drink when Bill turned her way and joked, "How about a Netflix movie tonight. Friday the Thirteen Part XX is playing."

A few seconds later he was covered with lemonade.

Some jokes are just not funny.

Note: Hope you enjoyed it. Sometimes Loving Wife stories don't end up too bad. Be kind with your remarks. Thanks S742.