Warm Skins

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Elaine slid a tentative tongue between Dakota's rough and raw lips and sighed with pleasure as the tawny brunette swirled her tongue over hers. Their heavy breathing was all that filled the stale air in the small confines of the tent.

Dakota wrapped her hands around the blondes petite waist and lifted her down onto the floor; amongst the blankets. She could feel every rib between her fingers and the delicate peaks of her spine. She felt so small in her arms. Smaller than she thought.

When she had Elaine there, between her legs, panting in soft delectable sighs, it was all she could do to keep from ripping off her clothes and ravaging her. With a steady breath, she leaned down and laid a kiss on the woman's chest, and then another on her plump breasts.

Every inch of her that rubbed against Dakota, that pressed beneath her, and that she laid her lips on, seared through her like a blistering cleanse. The skin she always thought looked so soft and youthful was everything she fantasized it was. Against the coarse and hardened skin of her own, Elaine's was healing and Dakota could feel it with every touch.

And Elaine was generous with it all.

Elaine moaned some more and ran her hands through Dakota's hair. Before long, she was racking her fingernails across her bare skin as the women shed their clothes and melted deeper into each other's arms. Though the outside was cold and withering, the heat from their bodies and the friction of their hips and fingers set ablaze the tiny tent into a million infernos. It was like a small piece of heaven hidden away beneath a deep dark sea.

Dakota flicked her tongue over Elaine's pink nipples and suckled at her breasts while Elaine rocked her hips into Dakota's open pussy. It took all of Elaine's strength not to moan and scream at the top of her lungs, less they awaken the others. But by god, did she want to.

She'd never experienced anything like this before. It was something she'd only heard of in old stories and through hushed whispers from the older adults back at the camp. She was a virgin - untouched and unclaimed. Ethan was a force of nature to make sure of it. It was his little sisters only baby girl, after all.

Sloan had mentioned that the act itself used to be frivolous in the past and many people partook in it carelessly. She'd said that it had become less a sacred act and more a currency for entertainment.

One of the reasons why the Outbreak spread at such a devastating rate, she would say. There was a population to infect. She was right, but Elaine had suspected Sloan may have conflated the two partly due to her own personal tragedy. To make the bitter pill easier to swallow, so they say. She'd told her how she was a child of many siblings. But after the Outbreak, she was all that was left.

But all those stories she'd heard could never have prepared her for this. Nothing could describe how sublime and surreal every touch on her burning skin felt. Now, she felt she could understand what Sloan had meant back then by the act being sacred. The flurry of emotions that ran through her mind and coursed through her raw and untethered body appeased all her unspoken yearnings and healed everything broken. It was as if she'd been asleep all this time and now she was awake.

And Dakota, the beautiful woman before her. She was gentle, strong, thoughtful, and passionate. She'd sensed Elaine was inexperienced yet did not treat her like a child or shy away. Instead, she guided her. Carefully, slowly, and with as much ardor to make her moan and bite her tongue in sweet agony.

Even after everything she'd been through, she still had love to offer.

Dakota kissed her way back to Elaine's lips and gazed into her eyes before slipping her fingers between her legs and into the folds of her wet and aching pussy. They stared at each other with glossy eyes and heavy lids - with rosy cheeks and exalted breathes. A fuzzy warmth saturated them like wildfire.

Elaine's supple mouth opened in a sudden gasp and she arched her back as Dakota's fingers stretched her pussy lips wide and filled her whole. The feeling was so strange and scary at first that Elaine nearly fainted. But just having Dakota's presence there fortified her. Just the touch of her muscled body and the smell of the gunfire smoke in her hair centered her mind and cleared away her doubts.

She put to rest Elaine's worries with her attentive gaze and soft kisses and paved way for a feeling so powerful it made her pussy twitch and her belly quiver.

Dakota sucked on the whimpering blondes tongue while she fingered her with rapid but careful thrusts. The walls of her vagina felt so tight and hot and every time she pulled away for just a split second, Elaine's slender legs would cinch around her waist and pull her closer; begging her in deeper with such desperation.

The yearning that Elaine possessed for her burned her loins and made her shudder. Soon, she could feel Elaine was close to cumming.

With one final thrust, Dakota curled her fingers inside her and covered her mouth with her own to stifle her cry. Elaine screamed in her mouth. Tiny veins popped out from her neck and she dug her nails deep into Dakota's back. She'd never felt like this before. So...released.

The orgasm exploded inside the lowest part of her belly and spread like a sickly sweet virus throughout her whole body - all the way down to her fingertips and toes. It was unrelenting and overpowered her senses until she felt weak and lightheaded. She collapsed in a euphoric heap.

Dakota brushed away some flyaway hairs in the woman's face and wiped some of her perspiration when she finally calmed. For a moment, she just watched her. Studied her. Her heart shaped lips were ajar and silky wet in the aftermath of their kisses. Her straight nose was red at the tip. And her high cheeks had a blush across them so sheen it made her want to lick them like candy and taste her.

Elaine panted lightly and opened her eyes in a daze as if she were in a daydream. Dark pools of midnight skies in the form of steady and intense eyes greeted her and Elaine let herself fall into them. Dakota was a rough woman. Frayed and beaten by a merciless world. Drained dry by both the living and the dead.

And she was beautiful. Elaine rubbed her leg up the woman's chiseled thigh and pressed herself closer to feel her hard abs. Then, she cupped the woman's face with both of her hands and stroked the sides of her neck; just below her ears. Her thumbs drew slow circles across her sharp jaw.

She was careful not to agitate Dakota's injuries, even as she lay still beneath her. But the look on her face made her want to hold her as tight as she could. It was as if Dakota was looking right through her, into her soul. And whatever she saw there, it enraptured her.

Elaine pulled Dakota's head closer and laid a kiss on her cheek and then another on her lips. Then, her expression became serious. "What happens after you kill Frank? Will it be the last time I see you?"

Dakota paused. In revenge, nothing else exists.

She'd supposed she would not even be lucky enough to have the chance to think of the future. In truth, she'd accepted the possibility of that place being her final fight. But that was then. Now, as she looked upon Elaine's face, a future didn't seem so fanciful. But, it was still just a foolish wish.

"I don't know. There's nothing left for me. Until he's dead, I don't know what I'll do."

Elaine put a hand on her cheek. "That's where you're wrong. There's something even for you. But there's no persuading you to have faith in that as you are now, is there? I can't blame you. So, I'll wait. I'll be waiting for you. I thought you should at least know that."

Dakota leaned her head into the woman's palm and closed her eyes; letting herself sink deeper into Elaine's touch. If anything, the smell of her skin, the warmth, and the soft and slow beating of her heart, that was all that could be promised for now.

She laid her head on the woman's chest and rested her eyes - and for the first time in a long time, with no fear of what was to come in her sleep.

That night, she dreamt of nothing.

At the break of dawn, they made their move. They had to. Not even Frank would be foolish enough to turn back home now. They were so close. But he would be a bigger fool to continue on and Dakota knew he would like the arrogant bastard he was. With both sides down in numbers and weapons, it was going to come down to who wanted the other dead more.

Under the gray and listless early sky, the men and women of their unit worked to get ready for what was to come. They were quiet and moved about in a ghostly manner.

Dakota walked over to the main area with Elaine close behind and, upon seeing Sloan, made her presence known. "We've failed. The mission is over."

Sloan scowled. "What the hell are you talking about?"

Elaine came around with just as confused an expression as everyone else. "Dakota? W-What are you saying?"

"I'm saying the plan has failed. It's a death wish for us to keep going."

"So what? After everything you want to bail? You fucking coward. Frank was right about you, you're a deserter. A traitor." Sloan accused.

Elaine interjected, "Sloan please..."

"It's a death wish," Dakota continued, "and that's why I'm changing plans. We're not going to face him. I am."

"Dakota?" Elaine questioned wearily.

"He revealed my name in front of you two for a reason. To create disorder and distrust amongst us. He knows his war with Ethan has too much history and bloodshed for forgiveness to stand a chance. I don't expect it ever truly will. But, let him believe it. Let him believe I'm alone. That's our best shot."

Sloan and Elaine watched her as the gears in their heads worked. She was onto something.

"What if he kills you?" Elaine asked.

"He won't. Not if he wants to live." Dakota reassured her.

"You better hope this works, or I'll kill you myself." Sloan interrupted.

Dakota smirked. "You know, you say that a lot."

When the others eventually agreed, they made their move and crossed the badlands to their destination.

The sun was high in the sky when Frank stopped just a few feet away from the doors of the bunker. Finding it had been a bit difficult amidst the wretched state of the treatment plant, and getting there had taken a bit longer since company made their presence known the night before. They had to travel cautiously, and with more dead roaming the streets, more carefully.

Frank took a drag out of the thin cigarette between his thick fingers and let the smoke fill the air. He'd barely gotten out of that junkyard alive and lost a lot of men because of it. He cursed Dakota's name and hoped the stupid bitch would try her luck with him again and show her face there at that place.

So when he saw her sitting there at the bunker's entrance, he knew there had to be a god somewhere, and he was a cheeky bastard.

He ordered his men to halt and threw open his door to meet her. He could see she was unarmed which only made him more cautious. The bitch was up to something. Flicking his cigarette to the ground and smearing it in the dirt with the heel of his boot, he addressed her.

"You know, when I had Gabe come for you, I intended for a quick death, out of respect. You were a hightailing traitorous cunt sure, but I really did consider you one of my own. I didn't expect Gabe to do what he did, honest to god. But he always did have a grudge against you. Outperforming and outshining. You really had potential, Jericho. But had I known you were shacking up with a bunch of pussy nomads, I would've done the same. You really disappointed me." He glared at Dakota and clicked his tongue. "Stand the fuck up."

Dakota merely looked up at the old man. "It ends here, Frank. You're not leaving this place."

"Shut the fuck up. Where are your men? You think I'm stupid enough to fall for another one of your tricks? How about I cut you to pieces and smoke them out from their hiding places?" Frank threatened. When Dakota didn't say anything, he grinned. "Oh, poor Jericho. Don't tell me they turned their backs on you?"

Dakota's following silence was all the answer he needed and he howled in laughter. "That's good! That's real good! People can't forgive, it's human nature. Just look at you. You'll always be alone. That's how I found you and that's how I'll put you in the ground."

"You win. You always do, isn't that right? Now you have me all to yourself. But I've been wanting your blood for a long time. Now, you're mine."

Silently, Dakota pulled something from behind her back. Frank's men jerked their guns on her and watched cautiously as she held up something black and square. However, they couldn't tell what it was from where they stood.

"You're not leaving. Not with the bombs and not with your worthless fucking lives," Dakota spat, "before you can even lift your shit-licking fingers I'll blow you all to fucking chunks."

Immediately, Frank raised an arm to seize his men. "Wait!" He ordered. Then he turned to face Dakota. "Don't fuck with me. You think I'd fall for that?"

"C'mon then. Try me. I've been waiting to blow this shit up right in your fucking face for years! So do it!" She bellowed.

Frank swallowed hard and watched the woman closely; hoping to find anything that gave her away. Anything that sold her bluff. But all he saw was vengeance in her eyes.

"Jericho, listen to me..."

"That's not my name." Dakota cut off. When Frank looked at her in confusion, she repeated herself more aggressively. "That's not my name."

Frank let out a shaky breath, "Dakota."

"I want to make something clear, Frank. You never found me. I was still lost even when your ugly mug came 'round. I was never yours and I will never give in to you. I owe you nothing. But you, you owe your entire fucking empire to me. And now, you're gonna watch as I tear it all down."

And before Frank could utter another word, bullets ripped through his men and doused his vision with blood and lead. He dropped down quickly and went for cover as Sloan and the others bursted from their hiding places and filled the unsuspecting men to the brim with holes.

Those driving the vehicles rammed into those trying to flee and took their turn shooting them down for good measure.

They were absolutely overwhelmed.

Dakota watched as the chaos unfolded in front of her. Bandits dropped like flies as Sloan's men slaughtered them all. She was right to play to Frank's arrogance. Now, she could reap the rewards. And as the blood spilled across the dirt and the bodies fell, she began to play Frank's words in her mind over and over. 'People can't forgive'

When she finally found Frank; hiding amongst the fresh corpse, she yanked him out and dragged him by his jacket away from the fray. He'd been shot a couple of times and struggled to even breath as she tossed him to the ground.

But as she crossed over to him again, he slipped out a knife from his belt and stabbed her in the leg - below her knee into her calf - right as she neared him. She fell with a grunt and swallowed down the sharp pain that pulsated throughout her left side and quickly wrestled the knife out of his hands.

They struggled for a few seconds until Dakota kneed him in the face as hard as she could. When his grip felt loose, she wrenched the weapon out from him and, with one straight and fluid motion, plunged the knife deep into his chest.

With a strained whisper, she watched as his face reddened with anger, fear, and at the sensation of his life slipping away. "You're wrong. People are capable of forgiveness just as they are capable to resent." Frank elicited a grossly wheeze from his pale and bloodied lips. "Her name was Helen. She found me in the darkness. And in the aftermath of what you did to me, it was Elaine.They found me. So I forgive you. I confess. Goodbye, Frank."

As time passed, there was no more moaning or wheezing. His eyes had gone cold and glazed over and his breath was stale.

Frank Pope was dead.

Dakota slumped onto the ground away from his body and wrung her blood soaked hands. A cool breeze suddenly blew past her and she closed her eyes to relish the moment. When she opened them, Elaine was there - standing just before her feet. For the first time since her hands drove that knife into Frank's chest and left it there, she felt a heavy and deep weight lift from her shoulders.

Dakota sucked in a breath and felt something new and different fill her lungs. She was no longer tired, or unstable, or unsure. Looking at Elaine there, with her long blonde locks in a braid, and her thin fragile arms against the metallic frame of a machine gun, and the earnest look on her beautiful face meant all for her, Dakota was steady.

She got up from the ground and approached the smaller woman. Their eyes followed each other ceaselessly until Dakota stood in front of her.

Elaine's sweet voice echoed in the wind. "His men are all dead."

"Yeah." Dakota barely whispered.

"And Frank?"

"Yeah."

Elaine nodded. "I'll be waiting. You know where to find me." She began to turn away but stopped as Dakota grabbed her by the wrist.

When she turned around, Dakota kissed her. Holding the back of Elaine's head with her other hand on her soft cheek, she let herself melt into the smaller woman's scent.The kiss was long and deep and as they separated, they laid their heads together.

"Don't leave. I'm here. I want to stay. If it's with you, I want to stay. You don't have to wait." Dakota said.

Elaine smiled as tears rimmed the corners of her eyes and she kissed Dakota some more. There, in the middle of a battlefield, in two women, hope was possible. A future was possible.

In the days after the death of Frank, Ethan was eventually able to extirpate the rest of his commune and take back and distribute the stolen territory and supplies he'd obtained over the years. As for the explosives, they were left where they were and buried away never to see the light of day again. Progress could be made without them.

The fight with wandering bandits and the dead never abated. But things were looking better, and good communities with good people began to become more common than they ever had before.

In the end, Dakota joined Ethan's community and spent her time there making a life for herself. It took time for both sides to make peace with the things she'd done, but eventually, the healing began. She gained new trust, new friends, and new family. And in Elaine, she gained love and devotion.

They'd made a promise with each other to always look into the future, whatever it may hold. And the more they held onto that promise and believed in it, the more they experienced laughter, smiles, and happiness.

Dakota owed Elaine her life. For as long as she lived, she was hers. There was nothing she could ever do to repay her back the things she'd done for her. She'd taught her patience, wisdom, and compassion, and everyday that she spent with her, she was teaching her something else.

But unbeknownst to Dakota, Elaine was the one learning. Loving.

In time, she came to be familiar with the marks of Dakota's story. Beneath her scars, the ones of flesh and soul, she made her journey through each of them. She came to know her pain, her thoughts, and her body. She began to understand the other side; the half that she merely spurned as dark and evil. And she accepted.

And in the nights, Dakota stopped fearing of sleep. The dreams would come to her once or twice, but slowly, surely, in due time, they went away altogether. Because when Elaine held her close and bound her body and soul to her, Dakota dreamed instead of the sky, the grass, and of the woman she loved.

Elaine had been right. In reality, Dakota had already been forgiven a long time ago.