All Comments on 'Wenatchee Ch. 07-08'

by coaster2

Sort by:
  • 132 Comments (Page 2)
flarebel2327flarebel2327over 4 years ago
endings

nothing with coaster . just stop !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
REGARDING RED.....

As a wounded officer, he would not resign...he would be medically discharged.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
This is far more than the usual LW story.

Excellent story telling! 5*****

lee5456lee5456about 4 years ago
Truly excellent story

Wow! You are one fantastic author. I'll look forward to reading more of your stories. Thank you for blessing us with this wonderful story.

WargamerWargameralmost 4 years ago

Great story really loved it, scores 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good Story

This was a good story just about all the way through. And it was very well written. The characters were well defined, the story flowed very smoothly, and it was certainly an enjoyable read. My only problem with it was the ending. It was by no means a bad ending, I just think I was hoping for something a little more...dramatic. All the hoopla, all the damage she caused to her family, all the hurt she inflicted on so many people. Just because she got greedy. Oh well, it was a fun ride.

lee5456lee5456almost 4 years ago
What a wonderful but sad story

Nobody should have to go through this in real life.

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
UNTO EACH LIFE A THUNDERSTORM APPEARS BENT ON DESTRUCTION

however those with aplomb, strong character, loyalty and love will find the clovers and rainbows. TK U MLJ LV NV

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

I don't see why it would hurt that the bitch was arrested.

I don't see why her arrest was so traumatic. She was a thief, it had to happen sooner or later if she reappeared.

Let's see, she hides her legitimate income from him, hits him with a divorce out of the blue, flees the country rather than giving him his fair share (or to avoid prosecution), and his "heart goes out to her?"

Why would he need an excuse not to be intimate with Gisele? I'd be looking for excuses to BE intimate with her!

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

Really enjoyed the drama, deceit and the mystery of why the wife did what she did. In the end I was a bit disappointed by the abrupt end, at least it should of had an Epilogue letting Geoff and Gisele have their happily ever after. Still all in all it was well written and I would give it 5 stars.

GhostdogginGhostdogginover 3 years ago
Anticlimactic

Story about some dudes computer company the Mc works at with a sprinkling of a Lw plot interlaced.

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

About 90 pages too long.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It seemed slow at times. Overall a good read, more character building on the wife would have been nice, as to what got her to the point that she was in.

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteelealmost 3 years ago

A great story. ...and exremely well told.

That's the sort of rollercoaster ride no-one deserves to ride.

I'm missing your work and hope you're still with us.

CriosCriosover 2 years ago

Well told story. I thought the denouement was a little weak but otherwise a good story.

knoxhardknoxhardover 2 years ago

Ummmm, why wouldn't he have visited his wife when she first arrived back in the states? That just seemed really off. And the "explanation" his wife gave at the end seemed pretty weak

Final note, after learning his wife has taken off. I would think the first thing anyone would do would be to check the various bank accounts. Especially after being on notice that she was really, really anal about her money. Did she wipe them out? Or leave them alone? Would certainly provide something of an answer about her mindset.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Expelled from one relationship and jumping into another without the divorce concluded... sure disaster for a rebound failed relationship... people just do not understand that jumping from one relationship (no matter the circumstances) into another is a recipe for disaster... he was married for 20 years and is not going to be resolved out of that relationship for quite some time even if he did visit his wife in prison and get some satisfactory answers and closure... another intimate relationship will just temporarily cover up the emotional things necessary for him to deal with and make the new intimate relationship become strained and untenable.

MightyheartMightyheartabout 2 years ago

I would have preferred a reconciliation after she served her sentence.

Well written anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Needed more of an ending, just feels like it ends too abruptly. Would like to see the MC and Gisele's relationship develop more, the wife get out and try to repair her relationship with her sons and parents. Just needed a bit more, an epilogue.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Ending was way too abrupt. Disappointing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Reluctantly give it 4 ****. Good writing…but plot fizzled. The reason for the wife’s disappearance was boring…and illogical. The air went right out of the balloon that 7 chapters had led up to. And not wanting to see her kids?

.

Would have been a better tale if instead the wife had died a tragic death, and then we get involved in his romance with Gisselle.

BabalooieBabalooiealmost 2 years ago

Good story, but really needs another chapter in the end to tie it all together. Add some information about the computer business and the two or three romantic relations i.e. engagements and possible marriages. What happens after prison release? etc. Gave five stars for a very imaginative story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good story overall, but the ending was clipped. What happened next?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 2 years ago

"I waited this long for the right guy to come along, I can wait a little longer." - Frankly, he's lucky she's so patient. I'd be telling him to shit or get off the pot!

\

"Gisele was right. I had been putting off the inevitable." - Fucking finally!

\

"At least I'll have something to start my life with again when I do get out." - Even IF she could keep what was legally earned, there'd probably still be penalties and fines, plus half to Geoff.

\

I don't remember what I've scored this in the past, but I don't think I can score this now. It's a very good story, if overly long. I don't see how divorcing him protects him. If there's no evidence linking him to the crime, there's nothing they can do. The "I'm still married" crap was bullshit. She hit him with divorce papers and fled the country, stick a fork in the marriage, it's ovah! BTW, if it was all for the family, why not give him his share at the beginning, instead of her greedy rant?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A very good story.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 1 year ago

Very good read. Technically strong writing, and the editors did good work too. Each character was interesting, but my one suggestion is this: What the hell happened to make a sane, presumably decent woman do that? It seems inhuman for a woman to sacrifice all her relationships for, what? More money? Was she poor? Was her life not complete? Men can go off the rails, and women are human and fallible too. But still. What could realistically make this character DO that? Her husband would presumably know her well enough to have some inkling, but nope.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Red received a medical discharge with tax free income. Details matter.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Needed a reasonable explanation for wire’s insanity.

usaretusaret5 months ago

The end could have been a bit longer somehow. After such a long row to hoe, it seemed a bit abrupt.

daves_not_heredaves_not_hereabout 2 months ago

I enjoyed this story.

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Hm... For the first time I meet a story on LW, where the reason for the dissolution of marriage by the wife is simply greed. Not her going to greener pastures to some rich asshole, but inexplicable greed in its purest form.

AnonymousAnonymous24 days ago

“Pete had formally filed the divorce papers citing irreconcilable differences.”

/

Every state has the option to divorce for abandonment. Always use it if there’s any chance at all that it is appropriate. The outcome is generally better for the spouse that was abandoned.

/

ZK

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous