Were in the City Ch. 21

Story Info
Battle, rescue, a dangerous decision.
5.8k words
4.88
4.6k
13

Part 21 of the 27 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 01/22/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jessie's and her Pack's POV

Richard Estate

"Something is wrong. There should be a lot more wolves around. I don't like this at all!" Jacob paced between the window and the open door, senses on high alert. "Maybe you didn't ask Jack the right questions. What exactly did you say to him?"

Jessie sighed, "I asked him 'How many others are in the area and where would they be right now?' I guess maybe the word area was a bad choice. Should I wake him up and ask more questions?"

Jacob shook his head, "Wait until we think this through a bit more. We need to go to the surveillance control room, we'll be able to look around from there."

Jessie nodded, "It's in the basement of this house. Beth and I found it earlier."

Beth spoke up, "Some wolf is going to try to check in with one of the others we've put to sleep any minute now and when nobody answers things will go sideways fast. We should leave now."

Liam nodded, "We've got Tim listening for any pack talk, especially alerts. He'll let us know if he hears anything. There are two SUVs in the parking lot out back with keys in the ignition. We go there and run if it becomes necessary, ok?"

Beth didn't look happy, "This is crazy. We can all shift but three of us would be moving on only three legs and don't have good odds in a wolf fight. Many of the perimeter guards will be in wolf form, how do we deal with them?"

Tim walked back into the room with a cell phone. Liam held out his hand, "Give it to me." As he powered up the phone, Jessie said, "Tim, how many people ... wolves ... are normally living or working on this property?"

Tim shook his head, "I don't know the exact number, but it's over 100."

Jacob nodded, "That's what I thought. Jack Richard says there are only about 35 around here now. Why so few?"

Tim shrugged, "The Algonquin Alpha requested help so some were sent there. Boundary patrols have been increased so there are more north of us. There's a meeting in Ontario and some are travelling with Mark and Stephen Richard."

Jacob grunted, "Can they really be this stupid? Do they think they are untouchable? What the hell are they doing?"

Liam had made a call, putting the phone in speaker mode. "It's Liam, get Helen on the line right now." The call transferred quickly.

"Liam, are you alright!? Where are you? Where are the others?"

Liam summarized the situation, "Helen, we are all together at this moment, listening to this call. We've got Jack Richard silvered and another 15 wolves down. We have to decide what to do next. Do we run or do we try to take this place ... that's Jessie's idea."

Jacob jumped in, "Helen there are only about 35 wolves here right now. It's insane. And the cages are full, damn it! We can't just run."

They heard someone other than Helen exclaim, "Shit! It worked!" Helen laughed softly, "For the past two days we've had lots of wolves running outside the Algonquin Pack boundaries and the northern border of the Richard land. We've got rogues attacking every shipment headed in or out of Algonquin territory. We've been doing everything we could think of to thin out the numbers where you are without violating the terms of our truce."

Jessie spoke up, "Helen, can you help us take out the wolves guarding the boundary close to us now?"

"No, I ... we ... can't attack. It would be a treaty violation. But you've got other help. There are 15 Jenkins Pack wolves less than an hour from you, waiting to go in. The Richards made a mistake taking Beth and they are going to pay for it. It's risky, but legal. Jenkins is going to take her back, and if that helps you ... well that's just a lucky break isn't it?!"

Jacob shook his head, "Helen, something is wrong. The Richards are not stupid. They take us, Jessie, Beth ... of course there would be some attempt to rescue us, some consequences. Why would they let most of their wolves go elsewhere, why are almost all the Richards somewhere else? No, we are not that lucky ... we are all walking into a trap!"

"Jacob, we've got eyes on the other Richards. Three are in Ontario, the other two are in France. We've seen the other wolves moving, increases in numbers elsewhere. We've carefully hidden the Jenkins wolves, nobody knows they are close to you. The Richards know my group can't attack, they assume Jenkins doesn't dare, they don't know you can free yourselves -- they think they can hold you even with low numbers. The only thing they might think we can do is send in a few rogues without obvious ties to my group to try to free you."

Jacob exclaimed, "Why would they thin their ranks if they know it's a feint? You can't attack the Algonquin lands either, they know that. Sacrifice some shipments ... they can afford to take the hit for a time. They could just sit tight and thumb their noses at you all. But they've played along -- why?"

Helen sighed, "Because they have to keep the Algonquin Alpha in the dark. With Jessie, or Jessie's offspring, they can cut the Algonquin Alpha out of the Trust, out of a lot of their illicit businesses and the wealth they generate. Because their Alpha can compel them. All but one are far away so that they can't be compelled."

Jessie jumped in, "They want to be free. They just need me and enough evidence to prove I have the Richard alpha mantle. They've been planning this for a long time, they've got to have put aside enough money etc. so if they have to burn everything down to get free they'll do it. They are ready to start over, they have to be ... Oh! ... Shit! ... Helen, they can use this situation to settle old scores. We are not in the trap, you are!

Liam got it. "Helen, pull everyone back from the Algonquin border. You are stretched too thin. They are coming for you!"

"Fuck!!! Julie, everyone to shelter and lock down now! Jacob ... Liam ... I'm sending the Jenkins wolves in. They'll be at the boundary in about an hour. Whatever else you are going to do, do it quick. I've got to go ... good luck to you all."

After Helen hung up Jessie looked at the others, "The Richards have got the Algonquin Alpha focused on Helen, they are going to restart the war -- it will be a major distraction and hopefully prevent Helen's group from ever interfering with their plans for me. Three things I'm betting are unexpected -- Jenkins wolves will attack this place, we are free, and Jack Richard is our prisoner. What do we do with that?"

Jacob was pulling weapons from the duffle bag Bobby had carried into the room and was handing them around to everyone. "Beth, take Liam and Tim to the surveillance control room. On the way, tranquilize every sleeper -- that will keep them out longer. Liam, check the tunnels, make sure there are no surprises there and keep watch. Let us know if you see anyone coming our way. And make sure there is no record of anything happening today being kept please."

Bobby finally spoke, "Tunnels?"

Jacob nodded, "Lots of them. They keep most of what goes on here out of sight. Bobby, I want you on the balcony on the top floor that looks south. Stay low and report any movement you see. We are going to draw the other wolves out and away from where the Jenkins wolves are coming in. Go now."

As the others left, Jacob turned to Jessie. "We need more info from Jack. Can you wake him up?""

She nodded and looked at his arm. "Are you able to keep going with that break? Do you think we should brace it with a splint?"

Jacob shook his head, "If I have to shift I don't want anything in the way. I'll cope for now."

Jessie leaned in, kissed him fiercely and sighed, "I feel a hundred years older than I was just a few days ago."

She walked over to Jack and grabbed his hand, "WAKE UP ... DON'T MOVE. BREATHE." Once his eyes were focused on her she told him "You will continue to answer my questions truthfully."

Jacob growled, "Is Helen Lavalle's group going to be attacked?"

Jack's eyes shifted to Jacob and he laughed, "Fuck you rogue! You and all the rest of the vermin will finally be exterminated."

Jessie nodded, "I'll take that as a yes ... look at me ... are any of your family actually going to come back here? I don't mean are they 'scheduled' to come back, I mean are they really intending to come back here?"

Jack hesitated for a few seconds then choked out a "No."

Jessie nodded again, "So what's the plan? Once you had Beth's video testimony what's next for us all?"

Jack really tried hard not to answer this time and Jessie wondered if someone strong enough might actually damage themselves resisting her command ... but she knew Jack wasn't strong enough. "Kill Beth and the others, take you to Ontario."

"Take me how? Who would take me?"

"By car. I would take you."

"And then what? Once you met up with your family there?"

"We all fly to France. The plane is waiting in Ontario now."

Jessie looked at Jacob, Everybody out of the country and out of sight. How convenient.

Jacob frowned, ... if they are really burning all their bridges ... ask about the Algonquin Alpha.

Jessie sighed, looking at Jack, "What have you planned for the Algonquin Alpha?"

Jack growled, "He and his line are finished. Our true allies will rule there soon."

Jacob cursed. Great ... just fucking great ... I'm sure they've worked out some twisted scheme for keeping their paws on everything from a distance until they show up with a mantled child.

Jessie shook her head. We are not going to let that happen. We are going to screw up their plans big time! First we take control of this place, then we deal with the Ontario problem. Can you make something look like an attack north or west of here quickly? I can tell Jack to call for help ... that should get the other wolves to come to us."

Give me 10 minutes. Jacob grabbed a shotgun and handgun from the duffle bag. Jessie, this has been a bloodless takeover so far but it's not going to remain that way. We must do whatever is necessary to survive. Do you understand that?

Jessie nodded.

Good. There are silver knives and two more handguns in the bag. Remember everything I showed you ... don't forget to release the safety.

Jacob turned and walked quickly out the door. Jessie smiled briefly, thinking she would rather have had a big strong hug and a long passionate kiss instead of a reminder about how to use a gun ... but he was all business and she loved him for that.

As she armed herself she checked with the others. Liam, what's happening in the tunnels?

There are two people near the exit by the warehouses. It looks like they are doing paperwork. Nothing else. The numbers really are low.

Bobby, how's it looking where you are?

There was no answer. Bobby, where are you? Are you ok? No response. Jessie knew he was still alive, she could feel that.

Liam is there a camera that can see Bobby's position?

No. Stay where you are and be careful.

Jessie walked to the open door and listened. Hearing nothing she stuck her head out and then moved slowly into the hallway checking both directions. Nothing. She walked quietly towards the stairs to look around.

When the flashbang went off in front of her the intense flash of light and deafening sound flattened her -- which was damn lucky as the spray of gunfire that followed whizzed just over her head. Stunned and blind, Jessie felt someone grab her by the shirt and drag her back down the hallway to the room where Jack was chained up. She could hear the others in her head ... Jessie what was that? ... Jessie what's happening ... Jessie answer me!

"Sir? You ok?"

"Get this fucking collar off me now! She's got the key. Whatever you do, don't let her touch you ... anyone else aware of what's going on?"

"Don't know sir. I'm just following your orders -- go silent, secure you and this prisoner if there's an attack."

"You almost shot her in the hallway you idiot!"

"Sorry sir, I didn't know she was free."

Struggling to focus Jessie called out, I'm in trouble! ... there's one new bad guy in the room with me now. Jacob is your ruse ready yet?

Jessie I'm coming for you!

Liam stay where you are, you have to handle anyone coming through the tunnels. Jacob ... you ready?

Yes.

Then let 'er rip!

As her assailant pulled the keys from her pants pocket an explosion outside rattled the windows and the whole house shook.

"What the hell was that?"

"Should have killed those fuckers the minute they arrived. They so love to blow things up. Get us the hell out of here now!"

Jessie could barely make out the conversation going on around her, her ears ringing. She was starting to see a little better but not much. Her body felt like jello but she was going to have to pull it together and move.

The new guy was standing over Jack about to unlock his collar as she shifted, throwing every ounce of energy she had into getting her talons into him before he could react. Back legs kicking and clawing, jaws clamped on the back of his neck, talons sunk deep and tearing she hung on as he yelled and flung himself backwards. Together they crashed into the wall and he rolled along it as he started to shift. It felt weird to be riding along as her enemy changed but even though all the parts moved her talons stayed embedded and the rest of her continued to maul him. They ended up tangled in the table and chairs before she felt his neck snap and his body sagged to the floor.

Pulling herself up, Jessie looked over at Jack. Her DON'T MOVE command was still in effect and he was still chained to the wall. Shifting, she put her hand around his throat. "When I take the collar off you will only send out to the others what I tell you to say and nothing else. Do you understand?"

"Yes."

She found the keys and unlocked the collar. "Call all the others to come and help. Tell them wolves are attacking from the west. Do it now."

I'm good -- bad guy down. Jack is calling for help now. Liam, please verify with Tim.

She heard Beth, Jessie I'm at the front door. I'll watch south through the windows and I'm watching the stairs. Nobody else is coming in unannounced!

Tim confirms the call for help. I've got movement in the tunnels. I've got four ... um, make that five armed men coming towards us.

She heard Jacob, There are at least three wolves coming from the north towards me.

I've got men and wolves coming towards the front of the house!

Bruised, her body aching from being tossed around the room, Jessie pulled another knife and the last handgun from the duffle bag, loaded it and clicked the safety off. She looked at Jack and decided that she wasn't going to leave him without ensuring the future she'd decided for him, just in case she didn't make it through this.

Kneeling down, placing her hand around his neck she said "Look at me. As soon as you are free to walk out of this house you will break your bonds to pack and family, shift, and begin moving north. You will continue to go north. You will not stop until you can go no further, until you reach the ocean. There you will roam for the rest of your life, never going more than a day's run from that spot. You will never shift back to human form ever again. You will run away from all humans, all wolves and any other Were. You will live alone for the rest of your life. You will tell no one of these commands. Say you will do this."

In Jack's eyes she finally saw fear. "I will do it."

Without another word she stood up and walked out the door.

***************************

Alpha Jenkins' POV

15 minutes from the Richard Estate's southern boundary

Everyone was moving forward as fast as possible, but Jenkins was worried it wasn't fast enough. Fifteen wolves spread out over about six miles hoping to surprise and overwhelm the boundary patrols without too many casualties. They were avoiding the main entrance and the sections where there were tunnel exits, hoping for better odds elsewhere. When Helen had called to tell him to go in she'd said that Liam had managed to contact her and let her know there were way fewer pack members than expected on the property, which was very good news, but he wasn't going to be foolish. He'd stick to the plan.

Helen had also warned him that Beth and the others were free -- or at least they had been when Liam had called -- and that they were aware his wolves were coming in ... coming in for Beth, Bobby, and anyone else who might want to leave, and then out as soon as possible. Justifiable if they didn't stick around.

Suddenly he heard a distant explosion and within a minute he could see smoke rising above the trees ahead. Something was happening on the estate. A few minutes later he heard gunfire. Shit! There was only one reason for that -- Beth and the others were fighting for their freedom and probably for their lives.

Wolf!

The pack member to his right called out a warning seconds before Jenkins picked up the scent.

Track him! I'll keep going.

Jenkins ran over the scent trail and kept moving forward.

He could hear more of his warriors call out warnings. They were crossing the patrol area now. A loud growl to his left caused him to swivel quickly as an Algonquin wolf came barrelling towards him. As large and powerful as he was, the guard was no match for an Alpha wolf in his prime. Less than a minute later Jenkins was moving forward once again.

He could hear the sounds of combat around him as his warriors found other guards. It had been years since he'd been in a real battle, the cacophony of voices in his head hard to follow. He knew he had at least two of his group hurt but still alive. He sent others to help them. They were down to eleven as they crossed into the Richard Estate.

They had all studied the plan of the estate Helen had sent him and were headed for the group of buildings that included the manor house. As he got closer Jenkins could see the large garage and grounds service building was on fire. As the others reached him two were left to watch their backs and the rest began weaving through the outer ring of structures towards the house. They checked each building they passed.

Beth! Bobby! Can you hear me!?

There was no answer.

Alpha, there are a bunch of people unconscious in this building! It's a prison -- there are at least a dozen cells here.

His warriors knew Beth and Bobby, had been shown pictures of Jessie and the de Vries brothers. They all knew who they were looking for.

Ok ... if you don't recognize any of them and there's no threat there keep moving.

The bodies of a wolf and a man lay on the circular driveway in front the house. The door was closed, the front windows shattered, bullet holes in the siding and the door.

Beth?! Bobby?!

Still no answer.

Spread out, circle the house. Tell me what you see.

Jenkins shifted behind a bush and called out "Beth? Bobby? Can you hear me?" He had to be careful -- if there were any witnesses he had to be seen to only be looking for his pack members.

"Bill? Is that you?"

He felt a huge rush of relief. "Yes! Beth is it safe for me to come in there?"

"Yes, get in here. Tell the others to be careful. I don't think we got everyone, some are armed. There's a friend out there somewhere too."

He nodded. You heard her, stay alert.

He ran up onto the porch and opened the door, looking around. Beth was sitting on the floor looking out a window, a gun in one hand. The other hand looked mangled and she had a rough bandage soaked in blood tied around that arm.

As he knelt down to look at her more closely he heard a series of gunshots a short distance away to the east.

12