What a Shortstop Does Ch. 25-28

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sarah met Ro's roommates when she came over for dinner one evening. They were a loud, messy, gorgeous group and Sarah could see why Ro preferred the tranquility of Sarah's apartment for their weekends. Going for walks or streaming movies were about the only other activities open. Strolling through a park together quickly became one of their favorite things since they had so many options in both of their neighborhoods.

The turmoil in the city was calming down, but with Sarah's season ramping up, she was traveling more. Which meant more testing. Every time Sarah got a new contact tracing call, she'd text Ro and they'd have to cancel whatever plans they'd had to hang out until her test results came back. It was incredibly lonely. But, David had worked out how to do some virtual game nights and she enjoyed their chats.

"So how's it going with Roisin?" was Carly's greeting one evening, accompanied with eyebrow wiggles.

David sighed, "Hi Sarah, how are you? See, babe, that's how normal people start conversations."

Carly rolled her eyes and leaned closer to the camera, "Is the sex still amazing?"

Shaking her head and laughing, Sarah leaned in too, "None of your business you nosy brat!" She heard Carly's indignant grunts as David adjusted the computer screen again.

"But really, are you guys dating now? Just friends with benefits? What?!"

Sarah smiled, "I don't know. This isn't as easy as 'will you be my girlfriend?' like when we were younger. We're both adults, seeing each other exclusively, not that there's much choice in that with the pandemic..."

Carly started to open her mouth in outrage. She was always a bit vocal about Sarah's player habits.

"Kidding!" Sarah cut her off, "I'm kidding, Carly. We're doing great. Just, we haven't labeled it. Plus with me getting close contact calls every five days, our time together is limited. I can't hang out with her while I'm waiting for tests, can't risk exposing her roommates."

Carly gave her a significant look through the camera, "You know, you wouldn't have a problem if you just asked her to move in already."

Sarah stared down at her keyboard. It's not like she hadn't thought about it, it just presented a lot of new puzzles. Ro's job as a nanny, for example, would her boss really appreciate if her nanny had to quarantine because of an exposure to her girlfriend? Also, would Ro leaving mean her roommates couldn't afford their place? Not to mention that Sarah's apartment was tiny. She and Ro would be right on top of each other all the time in the studio layout. Not that having Ro around all the time was a bad idea. Actually, it tugged on her heart again to think of it.

David's voice brought her back to their chat, "Hey, no pressure, Sarah. We just want you to be happy. Right, babe?" Carly smiled and nodded. "Right, enough of the mushy stuff, you bitches are going down tonight!" He pulled up the game board so Sarah could see it on their coffee table. She laughed and jumped into competitive mode.

Her talk with Carly and David got Sarah thinking. She wanted to be happy too and she was, mostly. But the lonely days in her tiny apartment, video chatting with her parents, taking walks with her mask on, were all getting to her. Having someone there, no, having Ro there when she got home would be a welcome change.

She let the idea stew a bit as she continued to see Ro and work picked up.

"Sar, do you think this tomato is still good?" Roisin was in Sarah's kitchen cutting up ingredients for a salad after their latest night together.

"I don't, ugh, know. Is it squishy?" The pushups Sarah was doing made it hard to respond. Her gym was still closed and she was trying to keep up her workouts at home. Sweat poured down her face as she finished another set.

"It's not that squishy, I can't tell." Ro was shifting her weight, tomato in one hand, knife in the other. Sarah got up and stretched.

"Here, let me see it," she chuckled. She reached her hand out.

"Ugh! You stink!" Ro recoiled, pulling the tomato with her and laughing. "Go shower, stinky girl. No food for you!"

Sarah rolled her eyes and smiled, "Fine, but I expect an expertly crafted meal when I'm done."

"You'll take what I make and like it!" Ro called as she plunged the knife into the slightly mushy tomato.

The water cooled her off when she first stepped in the shower, then as she gradually upped the heat, it relaxed Sarah's muscles. After washing, she hung her head in the shower, just letting it drench her shoulders. Her hand found its way between her legs and her fingers parted her folds. She and Ro had gone at it most of the night with Ro taking Sarah's strap like a champ, something they hadn't done together before. But the angle and timing meant Sarah hadn't come yet and she realized how much her body was aching for release.

She started to thrust in and out, adding a little pressure to her clit with the palm of her hand. Approaching her orgasm faster than planned, she braced herself against the wall with her back to the cool tile. Sarah felt the familiar build up just before her release and grunted as she fucked herself harder. Just as she was about to come, the shower curtain flew open and a completely naked Ro bounded into the tiny space.

"Oh, fuck! Wait-!" Sarah jerked her fingers out of herself, slipped, hit her head on the tile, and fell under Ro's wet legs.

"Sarah! Oh jeez, I'm sorry!" She bent to help the blonde up off the floor. "I'm so sorry, I just wanted to surprise you. I'm an idiot."

They got the water off and Sarah stood, wrapping a towel around her body. "No, it's fine. I was just, well, I'm sorry. I could have asked you to join."

Ro got a towel too and they made their way to the bedroom. Sarah's head felt a little sore, but she was fine. Which she constantly assured Ro of.

"I'm so sorry, Sar. Are you sure you don't need ice or anything?" The look on her face was pitiful as she blushed with embarrassment.

"Ro, I'm fine, really. I, uh-"

"I should have remembered you like, um, to be alone in the shower. I didn't mean to intrude."

"Babe, please stop apologizing." Sarah pulled her into a hug and their towels fell away. Ro let one finger trace around Sarah's chest and shoulder. The blonde shivered.

"I really did a number on you when I left, huh?" It was so quiet, Sarah had to lean in further to hear.

"Hey, that wasn't your fault. We were kids. You were making the best choice for you at that time. Look where it led you! You're dancing in New York."

"Yeah," Ro sighed, "But still, I think it was a bit selfish. I loved you, you know."

Sarah's eyes went wide, but she smiled, "I loved you too, Roisin."

They held each other as the warm room dried their skin.

"Hey, Sar," Ro began hesitantly. Sarah hummed in answer. "Do you think I could touch you for a bit? Just, I know I said I wouldn't push, and I won't try to get you off if you don't want to, but...I really want to taste you." Ro wouldn't look up as she mumbled the last part. Sarah sighed.

"Okay."

"Really?" Now Ro sat up and caught Sarah's gaze. "I don't want to make you uncomfortable."

Sarah smiled, "I'm very comfortable with you. It's just, it won't work. But if you want to, I won't say no." She leaned in and kissed Ro. Their tongues wrestled as they deepened the kiss and leaned back in bed. Ro pressed Sarah's back to the pillows and slid down her neck. Sarah's heart rate picked up as Ro descended her body. Watching the brunette crawl between her legs was hot, but Sarah knew not to get her hopes up that this would turn out any different than the dozen or so women who'd tried over the previous several years.

Ro smiled up as her mouth lowered to Sarah's lips. She extended her tongue and let one gentle lick fall to her clit. Sarah's breath hitched. She was already incredibly sensitive after their night together and her quick shower attempt. Maybe this would be okay. Ro watched Sarah through her dark lashes as she slipped more of her tongue over the lips in front of her. She kept the pressure light, but constant.

"That- that does feel good," Sarah moaned. Ro grinned then pressed deeper.

Ro played for a long time. Sarah tried to relax and just enjoy the sensation, but the longer it went, the more worried she was that Ro was expecting an orgasm. She looked down at the woman between her legs again and saw Ro's eyes were closed and she was contentedly licking the wetness from Sarah's vagina.

"Ro," she croaked.

Instantly, her eyes flew open and she pulled away, "Do you need me to stop?"

Sarah shrugged, "You don't have to keep going. It feels good, but I want to play with you. Make you come."

"Sar," Ro brought her head all the way up and pressed up on her elbows, "It doesn't have to be about making you come. I'm just so grateful you're letting me touch you. It doesn't have to be more than this. Okay?"

Sarah's shoulders relaxed and she nodded. Ro's hand came up to press the center of Sarah's chest and push her back against the pillows.

"Just tell me when you want me to stop." Then Ro bent back into the pussy in front of her. The salad lay completely forgotten on the kitchen counter.

_ _

"Come on, Doc! You've got to come. It'll just be us and the wives, completely safe."

Sarah rolled her eyes, "Jerry, I told you to stop calling me 'doc'. You can call me-"

"Look, Golding. You've been here a few months, you've got me back to my old self, way more than any of the other therapists I've had. I can start this season and I want to celebrate with you!" The large linebacker bounced on the balls of his feet like an excited kid, "The other guys feel the same way. Plus we want to meet this girl you've been hiding." Jerry wiggled his eyebrows and smiled mischievously.

"I'm just not sure it's entirely professional, and no way in hell are you meeting Ro! I'd like her to stick around."

Jerry stooped to the bench and grabbed his phone, "Come on, put your number in. It's cool with management, trust me. You're our team doctor-"

"Therapist," Sarah interrupted.

"Yeah, yeah, same thing. It's not like a normal doctor-patient thing. Besides, my wife wants to meet the person responsible for my improved head game."

"Dude! Not here! I just barely gave you a few pointers. I will give you my number if you please shut up."

The linebacker chuckled and gathered his stuff, "Loosen up, Golding. I'll text you the address. Now, don't go giving out my number to any of my adoring fans. Gotta keep the air of mystery, ya know."

"Jer, you've got to finish a season before you have any adoring fans. Now do your exercises tomorrow!"

Sarah adjusted her mask as she headed out of the training room. One of the benefits for getting her nasal cavity violated every three days was that she didn't have to keep it on all the time at work, just in the halls. She made her way back to her office to do some charting and call Ro.

"Hey babe!"

"So how would you feel about visiting a New Jersey mansion this weekend?"

Ro laughed, "Did another player invite you over?"

"Yes, Jerry is relentless. His wife is a sweetheart though and I think it could be fun. They want to do their best to chase you away though. You game?"

"I'm so there- Harry! Stay where I can see you! I gotta go, Sar, the kids and I are playing tag in the park and I'm it, yet again," Ro sounded winded.

"It's good cardio."

"Don't I know it. Talk to you tonight?"

"Yup, bye!"

The following weekend found Sarah and Ro walking up the steps to a large, modern house after hailing a cab from the train. The entrance was smooth concrete and stone with glass balconies off the second floor. Sarah felt a little underdressed in her dark jeans and blue button down. Ro smiled under her mask and took her hand as she rang the doorbell. She'd chosen a large white sweater over black leggings and looked every bit the dancer in her wedge boots.

"Golding!" Jerry yanked the door open and smiled at Sarah for a second before he registered Ro's presence. "And is this the woman you've tricked into dating you?!" He smiled evilly and Ro's eyes crinkled in amusement.

"Honey, don't torment them before they've even made it in the door!" A very pregnant woman appeared behind him and smiled warmly. "I'm Rana, Jerry's wife. You can take off your masks, we're all real spread out in here anyway." Jerry moved back to let them in and they all followed the slightly waddling Rana into a bright, living room. A few other couples were milling about and a sleek TV was on a local sports channel.

"Doc!" the other men called as Sarah walked in. Three players and an assistant coach were standing around the room holding various drinks. She rolled her eyes but smiled good naturedly.

Introductions were made and the other two wives and Rana whisked Ro away to the kitchen as soon as the teammates and Sarah started talking sports. They were giving her a hard time about working with the Astros and trying to get information out of her about certain baseball players. She took a sip of her beer and told a good story about some training interns and a particularly odd piece of gym equipment.

"So," one of the guys, a running back she had worked with extensively, started to say, "What's the story with your girl?"

Sarah shrugged, "What do you mean?"

"Well, are you settling down? Just having fun? What's the deal?"

"Oh, um," Sarah flushed a little. Normally, talking about her conquests was not really a point of pride. Even with Carly in college, she was vague about most of the details, preferring to keep some of it private. "We're just seeing how it goes, I guess. She's an old friend. We're... trying again?"

The guys all nodded knowingly and let it drop.

The afternoon was pleasant with laughter, food, and conversation. Rana showed them the new nursery and they got a tour of the yard and garages. A few video games were brought out and Ro killed everyone in the racing games, much to the frustration of the guys. She rubbed it in with smack talk only a person with three siblings could muster.

As the sun sank lower behind the houses, Sarah and Ro walked hand in hand down the street to where they were meeting the car to take them back to the train station. The air was cool and the night sounds of the neighborhood were calmer than the bustling city they were used to.

"I see the appeal of this," Ro sighed, gesturing around.

"Of a gated community?"

"No," she giggled, "Of a real neighborhood. A little more space and quiet. I love the city, but I see why people move out here too."

Sarah nodded, "It was nice not sharing walls with your neighbors."

"Would you ever move out somewhere like this?"

"Yeah, I've thought about it. The neighborhoods around the training facility are really nice. I'd like to have a house someday."

"Just no hedges?" Ro grinned.

"No fucking hedges!" Sarah laughed. "Would you ever move out of the city?"

"Someday maybe, but I doubt I could ever afford a house."

"I make enough, that's not really an issue-" Sarah cut herself off, "Not that I'm assuming anything. We haven't talked about that, I know. I don't mean to-"

"It's okay, Sar." Ro smiled and squeezed her hand, "I, um, like the idea of planning a future with you."

Sarah flushed as a wide grin split her face, "Good."

Both women enjoyed silent musings about the future as they climbed into the car. The train station was quiet for a change and they enjoyed a peaceful ride back to the city. As they watched the city lights flicker by hand in hand, neither was aware of just how soon they might have to make a decision.

Chapter 28: Forever

Sarah and Ro were cuddled on Sarah's couch watching the news together on Monday night. Now late October, football was in full swing and Sarah had been on the sidelines for Sunday's game against Buffalo. The home game allowed her to get in much earlier than usual on Sunday and relax most of the day Monday. Their late dinner of Chinese take out still lay out on the coffee table, a small celebration that it had been five months since they rekindled their relationship.

The atmosphere, though, was far from peaceful. Ro was pacing the small strip of floor between the kitchen and the living room while Sarah sat rigid on the couch.

By her ninth pass, Ro threw up her hands and shouted, "Marry me!"

"Ro, what are you-?" The TV flashed to another pompous speech about the qualifications of the new justice whose hand had just left the Bible.

"Marry me, Sarah."

"Seriously?" Sarah sat up straighter as Ro dropped to her knees in front of her.

"Seriously. This could all go to shit. This might be our only shot. So, please, marry me?" The look on Ro's face proved she was dead serious. Her pale complexion was flushed and her lips were pulled tight.

"When?" Sarah breathed.

Ro thought for a second, "Next weekend?"

"Okay, uh, okay okay we've got to get some paperwork, I'll look online. Where can we go? I think the park would be nice enough. What- Wow, I should book a flight for my parents, do you want to call yours?"

Ro looked dumbstruck.

"I'm sorry! We don't have to call them! I mean, we can get Shay and Becky out here, Killian and Connor too." Ro's eyes went wider as she stuttered. "What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Sarah Ann Golding, is that a yes?"

"Oh!" Sarah forgot to say yes? Shit, she forgot to say yes! "Of course it's a yes! Yes, Ro, I'll marry you!"

Tears spilled from Ro's eyes as she wrapped her arms around Sarah. They embraced and kissed there on the couch while the news drifted off to another political advertisement. They didn't watch it.

After coming up for air an hour later, Sarah smiled giddily at Ro. "Wait! I have something." She darted off into her bedroom and Ro could hear her rummage around in the closet. Sarah came bounding back, still completely naked from their impromptu celebration.

"Roisin Maria Daly," Sarah said, getting down on one knee, "Will you marry me next weekend?" She produced a small, black velvet box and cracked it open. Inside was a green solitaire gem on a thin silver band. Ro's eyes filled with new tears.

"When did you get this?"

Sarah looked a little sheepish, "After that first time we met up in June."

It was Ro's turn to be shocked, "Seriously?"

"Seriously."

"Yes, Sarah. I'll marry you next weekend."

With a new ring on her left hand and their clothes back on, Ro began calling her brothers. Sarah video called her parents and their congratulations rang through the apartment. They found the necessary paperwork online, the city clerk's offices were closed but everything seemed easy enough to file through the new portal. Sarah knew a coworker, one of the team's assistant coaches, had been ordained to perform his brother's wedding earlier that year so she called him and asked what he was doing next weekend. With the team playing Monday at home, they decided to do the ceremony on Saturday morning. Flights were booked and hotel rooms reserved quickly for the four family members that could make it.

Killian and Shay were booked to fly in on Friday morning. Becky decided to stay home with the boys since bringing them to New York in the middle of a pandemic didn't feel right to anyone. Ro promised to set up a video call for her and Connor to watch. Sarah called Carly and David and promised to include them on the video stream as well. Carly's screech of excitement could be heard over state lines, Sarah thought.

Ro was sitting at Sarah's island in the kitchen admiring her ring when Sarah came in, rubbing her ear after her conversation with Carly. She wrapped her arms around her fianceé and kissed her neck.

"Are you going to get a wedding dress?" Sarah asked while running her lips along Ro's throat.

"Hm..." Ro thought, "I don't know. Are you?"

"I was thinking," Sarah stopped kissing and choked a bit. Her eyes looked down while a little embarrassed blush grew on her cheeks, "I'd just wear my blue suit?" She kept her eyes on the ground.