What Did Happen in Vegas? Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Let me get a drink first," Lisa said.

Shandra waived at the waitress and she came over and took Lisa's order. The two women sat quietly until the waitress returned with Lisa's drink. As the waitress walked away Lisa took a big swallow of her drink.

"Tom cheated on me." Lisa just blurted it out.

I can't believe it. Tom wouldn't do that," Shandra said.

"Believe it. I have proof," Lisa said

"You do?"

"Yes. I have pictures," Lisa said and then reached into her handbag for the printouts she had made. Without another word she dropped them on the table in front of Shandra. Shandra picked them up and examined each one carefully.

"Oh, my God. What are you going to do?" Shandra asked.

"I don't know yet. I am still in shock," Lisa said.

"Holy shit. How could he be that dumb? I am sorry Lisa but your husband must be a complete asshole."

Lisa said, "I think you're right."

Lisa went on to tell Shandra about the phone call and how she had told Tom about it. She also told her that she knew Tom was lying when he told her he spent his evenings in his room reading and now these pictures proved that he was lying.

Just then, Lisa saw Brad walk into the bar. She quickly put the pictures back in her handbag. "If Brad comes over to the table, don't say anything about the pictures," Lisa said.

"I won't say a word."

Brad sat at the bar and ordered a beer. He was watching the sports news on the television when the bartender returned with his beer. Brad sat sipping his beer until the sports segment of the news ended and then he looked around the bar and spotted Lisa and Shandra. Brad picked up his beer and walked over to their booth.

"Mind if I sit with you two gorgeous girls? I hate drinking alone, even though it's better than not drinking at all."

Shandra laughed but Lisa didn't show any reaction at all.

"Lisa, are you feeling any better today?" Brad asked.

"What? Oh... yes."

"You don't look like you're feeling better. You want to tell me what's going on?" Brad said.

"Tom cheated on her," Shandra said.

"Yeah, right. Tom cheat? Never happened," Brad said.

"It's true," Lisa said.

"No. He wouldn't do that. He is crazy about you. He would never cheat on you," Brad said.

"Don't be so sure," Lisa said as tears started to pour from her eyes again.

"If he did, I'll kick his ass for him... What am I saying? I am sure he didn't do anything. I just can't believe he would be that stupid," Brad said.

"Lisa, you need to teach him a lesson," Shandra said. "Show him how much it hurts. You know what I think you should do?"

*****

7:00 PM

Tom was pacing around the house wondering why Lisa was so late. It wasn't like Lisa to not call if she was going to be late. She's upset, Tom thought, but she still should have called. Tom poured himself a drink and then picked up the phone and dialed Lisa's cell phone. The phone rang several times and then her voice mail answered.

Was something wrong or was Lisa just not answering his call?

*****

7:05 PM

Lisa's cell phone rang and when she pulled the phone from her handbag she saw that it was Tom calling her. She put the phone back in her handbag.

"I think I better head home now before he comes looking for me," Lisa said.

On the way to the door Shandra said, "Think about what I said, you need to show him how it feels."

Lisa tried to smile at her. "I'll talk to you tomorrow," Lisa said.

*****

7:30 PM

When Lisa walked into the house Tom was sitting at the kitchen counter with a drink in his hand.

"Where were you?" Tom asked. "You had me worried when you didn't call and then you didn't answer your phone when I called."

"You had nothing to worry about. I wasn't having an affair. At least not yet," Lisa said.

"Don't even joke around about that. I didn't have an affair in Las Vegas so just knock it off," Tom said.

"Damn it, Tom, I saw the pictures. When are you going to start telling the truth?" Lisa said.

Lisa's refusal to believe him made Tom angry again.

"At this point I don't care if you believe me or not. Just don't do anything stupid. Don't do anything you can't take back," Tom said and went up to the guest room and closed the door.

*****

Friday April 18, 2003

11:00 AM

Lisa was at her desk trying to keep busy when Brad stepped into her office.

"How are you doing?" Brad asked.

"I'm trying to stay busy," Lisa said.

"Do you really think Tom cheated on you?" Brad asked.

Lisa reached into her handbag and pulled out the picture of the blond and set it on the desk in front of Brad. His expression never changed as he looked at the picture.

"Have you ever seen her before?" Lisa asked.

Brad said, "No, I don't believe so."

"Are you absolutely sure? "

Brad picked the picture up and studied it again and said, "No, I can't say that I have ever seen her."

"What did you guys do in Vegas at night after the conference was over?" Lisa asked

"Some of us went gambling each night," Brad answered.

"Did Tom go out to gamble with you?" Lisa said.

"Not this trip."

"Where did he go?"

"He told me that he spent the evenings in his room reading," Brad said.

"He stayed in his room to read?" Lisa said.

"Yes," Brad said. "Why? ... Oh shit. You don't think Tom was messing around with that blond in Vegas?"

"Yes, I do."

"What did Tom say?"

"He denies everything," Lisa said.

"Maybe he's telling you the truth," Brad said.

Lisa put the rest of the pictures on the desk.

"Do you still think he was telling me the truth?" Lisa asked.

Brad studied the pictures and then shook his head in disbelief.

"Would it help if I talked to Tom? Maybe I could get him to tell me what happened in Vegas," Brad offered.

"No, I'd rather you didn't. He needs to come to me on his own and tell me the truth," Lisa said. "If he can't do that, there is no chance for us."

"Lisa, you know how I feel about both of you. I would hate to see the two of you break up so if there is anything I can do to help you let me know," Brad said. "If you need to talk to someone you can call me anytime."

"Thanks, Brad. I appreciate that."

*****

6:30 PM

Tom and Lisa had dinner together but, when Lisa asked Tom if he was ready to tell her what really happened in Vegas, Tom got up, took a beer from the refrigerator and went up to his room.

*****

Saturday and Sunday April 19th and 20th

Tom and Lisa spent the weekend avoiding each other around the house. Tom began to realize that it was going to be up to him to try and fix things. He would have to somehow convince Lisa that he didn't have an affair. The pictures that Lisa said she had would make it very difficult but he was going to have to find a way. Tom hadn't seen the pictures yet. Lisa hadn't offered to show them to him and he wasn't going to give her the satisfaction of asking to see them. Tom knew that he was going to have to find out who sent the pictures to Lisa and why.

*****

Monday April 21, 2003

12:15 PM

Tom waited until he knew that Lisa had gone to lunch then he snuck into her office and opened her e-mail files and found the note she received on the 18th. Knowing that he didn't have much time he forwarded the note to his own e-mail account. Tom then erased the note he had just sent to himself from Lisa's outgoing mail folder and left her office.

*****

1:30 PM

After having lunch with Zack, Tom went back to his office and opened the e-mail and read the note. As Tom read the note he could feel the tension building. It felt as though his spine was twisting like a rope.

Tom tried to remember if he saw anyone taking pictures but he couldn't. How could somebody have taken pictures of him without him noticing? Then Tom clicked on the web link and looked at the pictures. He was shocked at what he saw. Who had taken the pictures? How could he counteract the note and those pictures? Maybe if he hadn't already lied to Lisa he could find a way out of this but she would never believe anything he had to say now.

*****

2:25 PM

Bill Werner was sitting at his desk watching his new HP printer as it created the document he had been working on when his phone rang.

"Hello?"

"It's me," the voice on the phone said. "You did good in Vegas?"

"Thanks, I had a good time too." Werner said.

"Did you hear from your friend?"

"Yes. She is at the hotel waiting for me." Werner said.

"Have a good time but make sure you get the job done first."

"No problem, I have it covered," Werner said.

Before Werner could say anything else the phone went dead.

"Jesus, what an asshole," he said to himself. "Well, at least I'll get another piece of Brandi."

*****

5:00 PM

Lisa called Tom just before he left for home and told him she was having dinner with Shandra. Tom wasn't happy that Lisa wasn't coming home but at least he would have some time alone to think about what he needed to do to fix things. He knew it was going to be very difficult to overcome those pictures. Tom now regretted that he hadn't told Lisa the truth right from the beginning. He was sure she knew he was lying when he said that he spent his nights in his hotel room reading. No one would have believed that lie. He wondered again why he had said anything that stupid. It made it so that it would be nearly impossible to get Lisa to believe anything he had to say.

*****

6:15 PM

Shandra and Lisa were sitting in Shandra's kitchen eating Chinese take out.

"Have you thought about what I suggested you do?" Shandra asked.

"I am so pissed at Tom now that I am beginning to think seriously about doing it," Lisa said.

"It will certainly get his attention." Shandra said.

*****

6:30 PM

Tom stopped at a local Applebee's restaurant to have a beer and some dinner before returning home. Tom's mood was a bit sour and he didn't enjoy his meal that evening. On his way out of the restaurant he bumped into Bill Werner.

"Hey, Tom, how you doing?" Werner asked.

"Good, Bill, what brings you out to this end of town?" Tom said trying to act more cheerful than he felt.

"Got a dinner date and she wanted to meet here," He said. "It's a little out of my way but she's worth it."

Tom noted the book in Bill's hand. "You always bring a book when you go on a date?" He said.

Bill Werner held the book out and said, "No. This is a gift for my girlfriend. It's a book she has been wanting to read."

Tom thought it was odd the way Bill was holding the book out in front of him. Did he want Tom to see the title? Well, he was not interested. Tom wasn't in the mood for talking so he said good night to Werner and went to his car. As he backed out of his parking spot and headed out to the road Tom saw Werner still standing in front of Applebee's but now he wasn't alone. There was a blond woman with him. Tom couldn't see her face but she looked like she had a pretty good body. It looked like Bill was holding the book in front of him as he talked to her. Tom wondered, if the book was for her, why didn't she take it from Bill?"

*****

Wednesday April 23, 2003

9:30 AM

Tom was working on the Hampton Electronics contracts when Brad came into his office.

"Hey Tom, what's going on with you and Lisa?" Brad asked.

Not knowing that Lisa had already confided in Brad, Tom didn't want to tell him about the problem they were having. "We had an argument the other day. Everything will be all right in a couple of days," Tom lied.

"Anything you want to talk about?" Brad asked.

"I really don't want to talk about it right now, if you don't mind," Tom said.

"I understand. If you decide later that you want to talk, give me a call," Brad said.

Tom thanked him and Brad left.

*****

4:15 PM

Lisa called Brad and asked him what he thought she should do.

"Lisa, I really don't know what to tell you. I am very uncomfortable being caught in the middle between you and Tom. I talked to Tom this morning and tried to find out what was going on without letting on that you had told me anything. He just said the two of you had a fight and everything would be all right in a few days."

"Don't you think that if he was innocent like he claims he would have told you the whole story to try and get you to help him?"

Brad didn't agree or disagree.

"I am trying to make my mind up about something can I call you later to talk about it?"

"Sure, Lisa. I told you before that you can call me anytime."

"Thanks, Brad."

*****

7:15 PM

On the drive home from the office Tom suddenly remembered someone taking pictures in Vegas but he couldn't recall if it was someone on their team or if it could have been the private investigator mentioned in the e-mail. Even if someone had been taking pictures of him how did they get the pictures that were sent to Lisa? Tom wondered if this vague memory was important or not.

*****

8:25 PM

Tom had been sitting in his room reading when he decided to go downstairs to get a get a beer. When he walked into the kitchen, Lisa was sitting at the counter talking on the phone.

"Ben's at ten o'clock... Okay I'll be there."

Lisa didn't try to keep Tom from hearing the call so he didn't think anything of it.

Tom wanted to say something to Lisa but she didn't give him a chance. As soon as she put the phone down, she got up and headed upstairs without even looking at him.

*****

Thursday April 24,

6:00 PM

Sitting at the dinner table Tom tried to talk to Lisa.

"Lisa, can we talk about those pictures? They aren't what you think."

"They aren't what I think? Then what are they? I didn't make this up. This is your doing not mine and, until you can admit what you did, I don't even want to talk to you."

Tom got angry with her for being so obstinate and that ended all conversation for the rest of the evening.

*****

Friday April 25, 2003

8:25 AM

Tom got a cup of coffee from the break room and then called Brad and asked him to come up to his office.

When Brad arrived Tom told him about the pictures Lisa got via e-mail and the note that accompanied them.

"Do you remember seeing anyone around us with a camera. I realize that there would be a lot of people with cameras around but did you notice anyone that would have been taking pictures of us?" Tom asked.

"You mean taking pictures of you, don't you?"

"Yes, I guess I do. Did you happen to notice anyone?"

"Sorry, I didn't but then I wasn't looking for anyone taking pictures of you. So, did you do it?" Brad said.

"Do what?"

"Cheat on Lisa?"

"What do you think?"

"I would have thought no if it weren't for the pictures."

"Shit. What the hell am I going to do?"

"I'd love to be able to help you but I don't know how. Have you tried to apologize to Lisa?"

Tom was about to tell Brad that he would not apologize when Zack walked into his office.

"Tom, could I have a word with you in private?" Zack asked.

"Tom, if you want to talk some more give me a call," Brad said as he left Tom's office.

"Tom, what is going on?" Zack asked.

"What do you mean?"

"I have heard a rumor that you had an affair in Las Vegas and Lisa found out about it. Is that true?" Zack asked.

"Yes. I mean no. I didn't have an affair but Lisa thinks I did. How did you hear about this?"

"That's not important. You know I don't really care what my employees do on their own time as long as it doesn't interfere with the business but this situation is not good. You know that I am planning to take this company public later this year. You have to realize that a scandal like this could force me to change some of my plans."

"I will get this mess straightened out," Tom said.

"Good. You know that I had planned on naming you president of the company but if this mess doesn't get cleared up our board of directors would never approve it."

Tom was stunned. He knew what Zack had planned for him but it never occurred to him that his marriage problems could keep him from being named president. Why was Zack talking about a board of directors?

"Zack, we don't have a board of directors."

"We don't now but when we go public we will. I have been talking to some possible candidates for the board and they are all pretty conservative. Any hint of scandal and they will force me to pick someone else to be president. Are we clear on this Tom?"

"Yes, I understand. I will straighten everything out with Lisa."

"See that you do," Zack said and then turned and left the office.

Tom was a mess. How did Zack know that he and Lisa were having problems? Who would have told him? As far as Tom knew only he, Lisa, Shandra and Brad knew what was going on. Brad couldn't have told Zack, as he had only just found out and Tom doubted that Lisa would have said anything to Zack so that only left Shandra. But why would Shandra say anything to Zack? "Shit, my marriage and my career are about to go down the tubes and I can't seem to do anything about it. What the fuck am I going to do?" Tom asked himself.

*****

7:30 PM

When Tom got home Lisa was in the kitchen fixing dinner and she didn't speak to him as he came in. Tom didn't like being ignored so he went upstairs to the room he had been sleeping in and changed into a pair of jeans and a sweater. He left his wallet on the table and went back downstairs. Tom and Lisa had another silent dinner together and as soon as Lisa finished putting the dinner dishes into the dishwasher she disappeared upstairs. Tom went and sat in the living room and wondered if there was anyway to save their marriage. It was beginning to look doubtful.

When Lisa got upstairs she laid out the clothes she was going to wear and then took a shower. After her shower Lisa put on her black lace bra and panty set, Tom's favorite. With them she wore her black thigh high stockings a short black skirt and a red blouse.

After she put her makeup on Lisa checked herself out in the mirror. She was satisfied that she had achieved the look she wanted, sexy without looking like a tramp.

*****

9:30 PM

Lisa's hands were shaking as she reached to open the bedroom door. She was nervous about the confrontation she was about to have with Tom and she was worried about the bigger confrontation they would have when she came home.

Lisa took a deep breath and headed downstairs.

When Tom saw the way Lisa was dressed, he got scared.

"Where are you going?" Tom demanded.

"You had your fun now I am going to have mine."

"Lisa, don't do this. Remember what I said about not doing something you can't take back."

"You should have thought of that when you were in Las Vegas."

"I told you nothing happened in Las Vegas."

"Since you don't seem to want to talk about the pictures with me maybe you can explain them to your lady friend's husband."

"Lisa, please don't do this."

"It's too late Tom, I have to go."

Tom was so angry that instead of physically preventing her from leaving, he let her go.

"Fuck you if you don't care about our marriage," Tom yelled at her.

Tom stood in the kitchen hoping that Lisa would come back into the house but when he heard he car back out of the garage and the door begin to close he knew she wasn't coming back.

Tom picked up his cell phone and some money that was sitting on the kitchen counter. He put the bills in his pocket and clipped the phone to his belt and grabbed his leather jacket as he raced out to the garage. He decided to take his motorcycle instead of his truck because it would be easier to follow Lisa on the bike.

As Tom pulled out onto the road he could see Lisa's car about two blocks ahead of him. He followed her to 44th Avenue and then lost her in traffic. He continued driving around to all the places that he and Lisa would normally go but there was no sign of Lisa.

*****

10:00 PM

Once Lisa entered Ben's Lounge it took her a couple of minutes to find him. He was sitting straight across the room from where she entered but the bright lights on the dance floor made it impossible to see until she walked halfway across the room. Then she saw him as he stood up and waved to her.