What I Should Have Said Pt. 01

Story Info
Yuuri moves to New York and gets a job at Kachu Bar.
6.5k words
4.27
6.5k
6
0

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 06/27/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Keirarose
Keirarose
66 Followers

***Hey all! This is my first fanfic. I hope you like it! This is an alternate universe story where a slightly more tsundere Victor is still a figure skater but Yuuri is more or less a stripper... >.> 'scuze my fantasies. Anyways, thanks for reading! Please let me know what you think.

(I know not everything is going to be 100% realistic. I'm not super knowledgeable about strip clubs.. So I kind of made up stuff because plot, I hope it's not too distracting!)***

*****

"Don't mess this up, Katsuki. You'll start on Monday." The middle aged man said as he set down a name tag and uniform. His bright green eyes sparkled kindly under his thick eyebrows in contrast to his hard, angular face. His taupe hair was pulled back into a pony tail that ended near the middle of his back. He was dressed in a simple tan suit.

Yuuri fell into a low, grateful bow. "Thank you, Mr. Cialdini"

"Celestino, please." He smiled kindly. "See you Monday."

Yuuri stood speechless as broad smile spread across his face. He felt like he was about to burst at the seams. He glanced over at his best friend shyly, feeling extremely giddy.

"Oh my god! You got it!" Minako squealed in delight. Her chest bounced as she jumped up and down excitedly. "I knew you would! You're totally adorable and I think Celestino has a thing for pretty boys like you."

Yuuri blushed furiously, 'I am definitely not a pretty boy' he thought as he ran his hair through his messy black hair. He had brown eyes that were often hidden behind his blue half-rimmed glasses. His face had a boyish softness to it that matched his lean body, which had a small amount of muscle from the occasional work outs and dance classes with Minako, but it was very slight.

Minako wrapped her arms around him, giving him a kiss on his cheek. He felt his cheeks and ears redden as he blushed.

Yuuri and Minako had been friends since childhood, even though Minako was a few years older. Even during their childhood, Minako had always been the popular one. She was gorgeous, as all dancers seemed to be. She was tall and thin with medium length brown hair, dark grey eyes and a single beauty mark under her left eye. That was Yuuri's favorite physical feature of hers.

She was outgoing, even when they were kids. Yuuri couldn't have been more opposite. He was always the shy one who Minako had forcefully befriended. Yuuri fondly remembered having met so long ago in an ice skating class for beginners.

A boy pushed a young, unstable Yuuri down onto the ice, kicking at Yuuri's skates every time he tried to climb back to his feet.

"Come on piggy, get up! Oink oink!"

"Hey! Stop that!" Minako yelled, somehow managing to stomp with her skates on the ice as she trekked over to the boys.

"Or you'll what?"

It didn't take much time for him to figure out. He was face down on the ice, being kicked by Minako's pink princess skates in the ribs in a matter of seconds.

Yuuri was relentlessly bullied throughout elementary and middle school for his weight until finally, he joined ballet with Minako and shed some of his baby fat. Even after slimming down, Yuuri was still subjected to the nickname "piggy". High school sucked. Once he graduated, he only looked forward. Never back.

Minako had been by his side through it all. Up until she moved to New York City almost a year ago. They had kept in touch. She was working as a waitress/dancer at a hot New York LGBT bar and a part time dance instructor. After a year of begging, Yuuri finally agreed to leave the Detroit to move in with her.

Moving to New York City had seemed larger than life. When people called it the city thay never sleeps, they weren't kidding. It was never dark, never quiet and you were never alone. Although, he was unsure whether he found this unsettling or comforting.

~

Minako threw her arms around Yuuri's shoulders as they walked back to their apartment earlier that day, hanging off him like spoiled child. Yuuri grinned, happy to have his partner in crime back at his side.

"You have no idea how happy I am that you're here. I've missed you so freaking much!" She emphasized with a squeeze.

He beamed. "I missed you too, Minako. You're my best friend."

"Soulmates!" She squealed as she released him to unlock the front door of their building complex. It was a tall brick building with nothing that distinguished it from the rest of the buildings around it. They live only a short distance from the heavy hustle and bustle of Times Square, but close enough to walk to work and anywhere else they might need to go.

Minako's apartment was small. A studio downtown often ran for about $2000 but she had found herself a cozy little place for about $1500 a month. No easy price to pay alone, or so Yuuri had thought.

"I've made anywhere from nothing to almost $5,000 in a night. I guess it just depends!" She explained as they curled up together on the couch with a large bowl of popcorn.

Minsko had started working at the Kachu Bar shortly after moving to New York and was now one of the most popular female dancers at the club. Men loved her. Women loved her. She could seduce just about anyone with the right music and a stage.

"It's not even the dancing that gets me the big bucks, it's just spending time with the men." She paused to shovel some kernels in her mouth, licking her buttered fingertips. "If they enjoy spending time with you, they'll pay a ton just to keep you at their table."

Yuuri envied her. The way she has such a presence among others. She was always the girl who walked in the room and everyone noticed. Just once he wanted to be noticed by someone. Someone to watch him, to want him and only him.

"I want you to teach me how to dance."

Minako giggle for only a moment. She had taught him the basics of ballet but not much past that. "Oh. Seriously? Like... dance like I do?"

Yuuri nodded, determination in his eyes. "I just... I want to be noticed for once."

"People notice you but, okay." She agreed with a grin. "Let's go get you a job then."

~

And that's how they ended up at Kachu on Thursday. The club had a blue glow that radiated from the floors instead of the ceiling. Luxurious sofas fringed the spacious room, all encompassing a stage which held three poles, evenly spaced down the runway. A few men and women were scattered among the furniture. Sipping their drinks of choice and chatting idly. Soft music played in the background. They headed to the bar that rested to the left of the entrance.

"Is Celestino here?" Minako asked one of the bartenders as she leaned over seductively, reaching forward to plant a sloppy kiss on the man.

"Yeah, he's in back." He said, jerking his head in the general direction as he reached forward to grope Minako's chest.

Yuuri stood there slack jawed. Minako had always been much more risque than Yuuri but he had never seen her so blatantly sexual with someone. He blushed, attempting to avert his eyes.

The man had emerald green eyes and highlighted hair that was short on the sides and longer on top. He was tall and athletic, with a pretty face to boot. The man was attractive and damn if he didn't know it. 'Hello gorgeous, gorgeous... I definitely need to work here. I will die if I can't work here.' he thought.

"Close your mouth, you're drooling." Minako doubled over laughing. "This is Christophe. He's one of the bartenders here."

Snapping his jaw closed, Yuuri nodded, sticking out his hand awkwardly as he stared at the floor. Christophe reached forward, grasping his hand firmly.

Too many moments passed, forcing him to meet Christophe's sultry eyes. The handsome man rubbed his thumb over the top of Yuuri's hand softly as he leaned in close. Yuuri practically melted into a puddle of Yuuri-mush at this man's feet. He oozed sex appeal. Oozed like biting into an overstuffed jelly donut kind of ooze.

"God, he's cute. Where have you been keeping this one locked away?"

Yuuri's face burned with embarrassment as Christophe released his hand and turned back to Minako. 'Im cute? You're cute.'

"I rescued him from the desolate, icy tundra of the upper Midwest." She said as she bounced up onto the bar, her legs swinging off the edge.

"Ungh." Christophe clasped his hands over his chest, feigning heartbreak. "You poor thing!"

Yuuri chuckled nervously as he rubbed the back of his neck. 'Yes, poor Yuuri. Give poor Yuuri a job so he can stare at your gorgeous face all night, thank you'

"I'll go get Cel for you two cuties." He said, giving Yuuri's chin a gentle stroke with his finger as he clicked his tongue and winked. 'Oooooze.'

"Ugh, you flirt." Minako whined as Christophe sauntered off, waving his hand over his shoulder at her.

Yuuri waited anxiously, for the man called Celestino to determine whether or not he would be accepted as their newest member of the club.

***

Yuuri was thanking his fitness coach under his breath on Monday afternoon as he shimmied into the tight, black spandex shorts. He had shed his baby fat years ago and worked out regularly to keep it away. His toned ass peeked out a little at the bottom of his spandex shorts and the front didn't leave much to imagination either. He reluctantly pulled on his vest and tie to complete the ensemble, feeling rather exposed.

'I look like an idiot.' he thought as he walked out of the bathroom cautiously, rubbing his sweaty palms on his thighs. He took a deep breath, running one of his hands through his messy hair.

"Hmmm." Minako said as she pulled Yuuri's glasses off his face. "You can see without those, right?"

"Yeah. I'll be fine." He said as she ran her hairbrush under water, brushing back Yuuri's unruly hair. On a normal day, it was somewhat shaggy and stuck out in all directions. Minako managed to style it in a way that looked sleek and effortless, taking away Yuuri's boyish charm but replacing it with something far more seductive.

"Daymmm boy!" She said, "you're gonna put me out of a job!"

He pulled on some loose jeans and blue zip-up over his work outfit and the two friends headed to Kachu.

The night life of the city crept in like an intoxicating fog. The music buzzed within him, creating an excited hum in his chest. Multicolored lights flashed dazzlingly around the club, lighting up the center of the room.

The sophisticated atmosphere that Yuuri had experienced on Thursday was replaced by an electric current that pulsed through the building in time with the music. Women gyrated around the poles on the raised stage; men and women dancing excitedly around it. Hands with dollar bills waved over the sea of heads.

Yuuri was mesmerized.

Minako grabbed his hand, leading him back behind the bar and into the employee area. He "un"dressed into his uniform.

"You'll do great. And I'm here all night if you need me." She assured as she squeezed him tightly.

Yuuri nodded as he ventured out into the club. Minako introduced Yuuri to some of the senior staff, two men named Otabek and Phitchit and a woman named Sara.

Christophe wasted no time, making his way over to Yuuri as soon as he entered the bar. Yuuri blushed as Christophe's eyes lingered not only longer than necessary. He poured a tall glass of ice water, sliding it to Yuuri.

"There you go, baby boy. You're gonna need that." He winked as he proceeded to pour a tray of multi colored shots. "You can take this around when you're ready. $5 each, Okay?"

Yuuri nodded nervously. He drank half of his glass of water before taking his tray and heading out into the crowd. It wasn't hard work finding people who wanted to buy shots. He walked no more than 10 feet from the bar before people were waving him down and buying rounds of shots.

People threw money onto his tray, into his hands, and even occasionally into the tight spandex around his waist.

He made his way through several more trays before another employee waved him down.

"You look like you could use a minute," the bartender named Phichit yelled over the music. "Go ahead and take 10, I'll cover you!"

He mouthed a big "thank you" as he ran to the break room. He was thankful for the cool air, a far cry from the smoldering heat of the club. His chest was slick with sweat and his hair was sticking slightly to forehead. When he had cooled off and recovered from the whirlwind of the club somewhat, headed back out.

He walked around the club to look for Phitchit, to let him know he was back out on the floor.

"I haven't seen you around here before, sweet cheeks." A middle aged man said greasily as he stepped into Yuuri's path. Where his hair wasn't grey, it was balding. He was short and his belly strained against his teal, paisley patterned button up shirt.

"Oh! Um, today is my first shift." Yuuri smiled, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"What's your name, pretty boy?" He asked seductively as he reached out, dragging his fingers over Yuuri's chest.

"Ahh... Um.. Yuuri" Yuuri coughed awkwardly into his arm, taking a step back. "What's yours?"

"Yakov. But you can call me Daddy." He purred as he thumbed at Yuuri's waistband.

"Heh. Okay, well, um, Daddy, I have to go find one of my coworkers. Can I bring you anything? A drink?" Yuuri tried his best to sound unphased and friendly towards the man, but it came out a little more panicked than he hoped for. He took another step backwards, trying to remove the man's hand from his waist.

"Now, now, you don't need to run off. I just want to talk to you." He said as his hand wandered down a little further. His frame blocking Yuuri's escape path.

Yuuri's eyes widened in panic as he pushed the man's hands away from him rougher than intended. "Sir, please, don't. I don-"

"Oh shut up, you little faggot, I know you all beg for this shit. I'm gonn- HEY WATCH IT YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE!" He screamed at a tall, silver haired man that had walked almost directly into him, causing him to nearly topple over.

"простите" The man had a thick, harsh accent. His voice was low as it rumbled just loud enough for them to hear.

"Speak English, fucking immigrant, this is Ameri-" His words halted as the other man violently grabbed the collar of his shirt.

"I said move along, you obese pig." He snarled, spitting the words. His eyes were dark and unforgiving.

He released Yakov's collar and took a step to the side, positioning himself between Yuuri and the older man. The fat, balding man stood there, fuming, his face turning a bright shade of red. The foreign man cocked his eyebrow, daringly. The older man scoffed dramatically before stalking away.

"Yuuri, da?"

"Excuse me?" Yuuri's brain finally caught up with what had just happened, the man's words not really registering.

"Your name. It is Yuuri?" He asked again.

"Oh! Uh, yeah." Yuuri rubbed his arm, shifting uncomfortably. "Thank you."

"Are you alright?" He asked, glancing down at the arm Yuuri was clutching.

"What? Oh! I- uh... No. I'm fine!" He stammered as he released his own arm.

The man gently grasped Yuuri's wrist, twisting it tenderly as he examined it. His eyebrows pulled together as they furrowed, trying to find signs of bruising or redness.

"Really. I, um, I'm fine. I should, um, get going." Yuuri said, pulling his arm away. The man released him quickly, his eyes still wandering Yuuri's body.

He walked faster than necessary back to the bar to find Phichit. He apologized and began explaining what had happened.

"Were you talking to that Russian?" He asked, completely disregarding everything else Yuuri had said.

"Oh, was that where his accent is from? I couldn't tell."

"Ugh. Yes. I'm going to school for linguistics. Kind of hot, isn't it?" He laughed giddily. "The accent, I mean."

"Heh. Yeah, I guess." Yuuri blushed as he turned away, his eyes glancing around the club.

He noticed the Russian man from earlier sitting alone at a sofa in the back of the room. He was dressed in black slacks and a button down shirt. The top few buttons were undone. A jacket and tie hung off the back of his chair. Yuuri took a moment to appreciate him from afar before approaching.

"Hi, um, I wanted to say thanks again for earlier. I didn't catch your name." Yuuri said as he approached.

The man's chin rested on his palm as his long fingers traced over his own upper lip. His bright eyes both contrasted and complimented his silver hair. His face was angular, his jaws prominent without being harsh. If Yuuri had to pick one word... 'Gorgeous. Beautiful. Dazzling?... That's more than one word, I suppose.'

"Victor" He smiled warmly, his head tilted to the side slightly. His bright blue eyes smiled as much his lips as he studied Yuuri.

"Well, thank you. Again."

Victor hummed softly in acknowledgement, without breaking eye contact. Yuuri shuffled uncomfortably in his spot.

"Uhhhh... So.. can I get you a drink? Erm. On me. As thanks, of course." Yuuri eloquently stammered.

Victor nodded, his eyes twinkling in the flashing lights, his fingers still draped over his curled lips.

~

Yuuri flopped onto the futon in exhaustion, his clothes strewn over the floor. 'Finally' he sighed as he snuggled in.

His first night at the club was a success. No major incidences. No major accidents or injuries... And he had made a little over $100 in tips.

He sighed happily, as sleep over took him rapidly.

~

Over the next few days Yuuri became slightly more accustomed to the hustle and bustle of New York City. He was able to find his way around downtown, to work and to their shared apartment.

"Let's go to a show!" Minako suggested as they lounged lazily at home. "I bet Christophe would come."

She wiggled her eyebrows suggestively when Yuuri's ears noticibly perked at the name.

"What would you like to see? Oooh! Phantom of the Opera is tonight at 8. We could go see that. It's one of my favorites."

"I don't think I've seen that one." Yuuri replied airily as he dug in the fridge, rubbing his stomach. "Maybe dinner too? I'm starved and I don't feel like cooking."

"How about we grab a poke bowl or something on our way to the show?"

Yuuri hummed appreciatively. "I'll get ready."

"So I'll take that as a 'yes' to poke bowls?" She giggled as he practically sprinted to the bathroom to shower.

~

Minako and Chrstophe bickered flirtatiously as they waited in line at the Majestic Theatre. Yuuri giggled occasionally as their ridiculous comments. He bounced on the balls of his feet in anticipation of his first show on Broadway and the chilled air outside. He pulled his jacket a little tighter.

Christophe's arm flung itself over Yuuri's shoulder as he pulled him close by the neck. "Are you cold? Here, I'll warm you up."

Yuuri struggled for a moment before giving in to the warmth that radiated from under Christophe's arm.

"Oh, look! The line is moving!" Minako piped up from the other side of Christophe. Yuuri stood on his tip toes to peer over the other man's arm and the sea of people.

Christophe's arm stayed locked possessively on Yuuri's shoulder all the way to their seats. When they reached their spots, Christophe gently gripped the collar of Yuuri's jacket before pushing it back behind his shoulders.

Blood rushed to Yuuri's ears as the man removed his jacket before draping it neatly over the edge of his chair. The way he moved was so sensual. It felt like Christophe was undressing Yuuri before dragging him to his bed when in reality, he was just politely taking Yuuri's jacket. 'stop kidding yourself, Yuuri' he thought, 'someone like him wouldn't be interested in someone like you'.

"Christophe!" A cheerie and familiar voice called from a few rows back. The three friends all twisted in their seats to find the voice's owner.

"Victor? I thought you were headed back to Saint Petersburg." Christophe questioned curiously. Yuuri whipped his head back around as soon as he recognized the other man. 'The Russian' he winced.

Keirarose
Keirarose
66 Followers
12