All Comments on 'What She Didn't Tell me'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 474 Comments (Page 2)
MrVdogMrVdogover 11 years ago
Steve lied -

when he claimed he 'would have fought for Ann' to get her away from Ronnie - he would not. He didn't challenge her choices before, either with Ronnie or the guy in the bar. He would have realized (correctly) that a girl who must be wooed and won multiple times is not a good candidate for monogamous marriage. Ann is not exactly a slut, but her affections are easily redirected, and she cannot be trusted. 3 stars, because of the inconsistency in Steve's character.

fanfarefanfareover 11 years ago
wrong category

So what is a story like this doing in the Loving Wives genre? This genre is for vicious misogynists to spew their visceral hatred of everything female.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
both were wrong and the lack of communication all most cost them a marriage

if they both sat down and talk it out. it would not have cost them a small fortune to get it right and those lawyers at 250 an hr and up! are getting richer. jealousy and hearing the one side of a conversation will not work well anywhere in life..

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Experience is the great teacher

Excellent story. It really highlights that experience is the great teacher. Neither of these people learned how to trust or communicate. As they say, marriage takes trust, love, and respect. Take any one part away and the rest falls apart eventually.

How this is even remotely "women-hating" is beyond me. Frankly that word is tossed around so much these days that it's about as meaningless as calling someone racist.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
Tell me

Why is her true love calling her in the fucking middle of the night and how did he just happen to get her phone number?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
It's not rocket science. A slut is a slut.

Oh goody, happily ever after. So hubby gets to have his woman. The woman that shares passionate kisses with her first love. The wife that gave her first love her phone number, and CONTINUED to have a relationship while married.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Crap!

This story was a steaming pile of wimp cuck bullshit! 1 star

connoisseur29connoisseur29about 11 years ago
P.I.

It would probably have messed up the theme of the story, but I think if Steve had just hired a P.I. to begin with to check things out it may have saved them both a lot of money and heartache. Cheers!

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3about 11 years ago
I'm gonna puke.

All the talk about trust and then the bitch goes off for for 2 1/2 hours and then comes back looking like she was used hard and put away wet. I would have found another judge and divorced the cunt.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
I thought a first good, the after reading commets changed my mind

Kissing the other guy then stopping him?

Spending the night with her ex when her other left at the restuarant?

Early on drunk with another guy putting on a show while dancing>

Leaving for 2.5 hours to tell a guy never again?

Giving a man her cell phone number and having secret intimate phone conversations? You dont have to have sex to be in an affair.

Paying way to much attention to her ex over time?

Nope I would have divorced her without hope of reconciliation. Putting them back together is RAAC.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Nope

They're the wrong pair. What he needs from a partner is too far away from what she offers. And he doesn't offer what she needs. Trouble coming.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Oh HELL no!

All the money is gone so just quit your job and let the Judge do what he will. He throws you in jail for contempt and the house will go into foreclosure. No money means the wife and kids end up living with her parents. You get to move far away and start over again. No cheating wife, no kids, no alimony or child support (can't get blood from a turnip. If they try, leave the country). All done. And sure as hell, no reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
so....

did she give ronnie a good bye forever fuck or not? She went home and balled Steve, but while he looked her over for bite marks, he must have suspected something. She offered to tell him, but may be he didn't want to hear a lie. Tough one, because how good is make up sex when it is sloppy seconds?? Thanks Slirpuff, for a engaging tale. I wish therapist Ruth made Steph more accountable for treating Steve in the same loving manner he had shown her through the early years of the marriage. Ruth should have challenged her to make more of an effort to rebuilding the trust and intamacy; putting more responsibility for Steve's happiness on her. At least she was smart enough to demand that ronnie had to be totally blocked out of her life. It just sucks that he (ronnie) still got a piece before he left town for good. Cuz although Slirpuff left it open to interpretation, after a second reading, it seems obvious she fucked him for old times sake that Saturday. And see that tells me that she had been fucking him all along, may be not regular, but enough over the years that it was a full blown affair. Oh well, we will never know, and I feel for Steve as he never will either. Some Bitches can't be honest with themselves, or their therapist even, and especially not the hubby!

RhomanovRhomanovabout 11 years ago
To Truely Commit

Something they both finally did.

Good tale.

Thx

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
life

A tree that does not bend in the wind brakes. No one is perfect and some

are to bull headed to bend. they both were partly in the wrong. marriage is

give and take and coming to a understanding . A no Ronnie should have been

worked out and I am sure there were some girls the wife would say no contact

to. That is how my marriage worked and is still working after 44 years. one

girl told my wife I was hot and wanted me, we worked that out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
unfinished

need to know what happened at the goodbye

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

ronnie needs his fucking balls cut off. he hunted another man's wife and did his best to fuck her. he needs a near death experience.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
yes 5 stars

But for me, Ann (at least) had one more go with Ronnie.. and I believe it is and was a long running affair... I feel sorry for Steve... This is one of favorite authors on here... I wish he would complete this story... I would have had a tail on her for the meeting.. Trust but verify...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Weak

Same old shit from Slir. Every story has limp dick Steve Moore. Meets slut, marries slut, gets cheated on and used. If the story has 2 pages they break up as best friends, if the story has 4 pages all is forgiven and good old cuck Steve says: "I know you love someone else honey, why not go sleep with him tonight, and I'll clean the house and watch the kids, and wait for a creampie later".

And what kind of judge locks 2 people who hate eachother in a house with kids? Maybe write some realism and backbone into the next one!

OverthefallsOverthefallsover 10 years ago
Don't see it working that way

Most men would have simply told Ruth in the first session that he had made his mind up and the marriage was done. No therapist can FORCE the touching and feeling stuff. And had the Judge put him in jail for contempt, all he has to do is stay there for a few months and EVERYTHING is lost. They lose the house, all savings and his job. So she would have to move in with her parents and the kids (she would have gotten them in the divorce - that's they way the Courts in this country roll) and they would have needed to start over again. That's the mess that this marriage would have ended in in real life.

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 10 years ago
I generally like your stuff

But there were too many holes in this one. I'm sure with 120 comments everyone has been hashed over. But I have to ask how does a man live with knowing that he was and always will be a consolation prize in his wife's eyes?

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 10 years ago
I agree with the comment by oneshot

Ann's goodbye session with Ronnie killed the story. After what he heard on the phone, Ann has to make a much more dramatic demonstration of picking Steve over Ronnie.

I'd almost like to write an alternate ending to the story, from the point where he hears the phone call.

Lonewolf2013Lonewolf2013over 10 years ago
A lame story that only a cheating slut would like.

I am not sure where this counseling took place but where I am from no person can be forced to touch anyone or have anyone touch them. This is a lame cockold story where the weak male character gives into his slut wife. I read the first two pages and went right to the end and the ending was not surprising or interesting. I am glad I did not waste anymore time reading this crap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Pussy husband

Loves his wife, stretched out and full from another man. 1 star. Wish I could vote -100

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
Ugh!

She came with a lot of baggage. She had an abortion, and didn't bother to mention it, she was carrying a torch for the shithead who pushed her into an abortion even after he later admitted he never wanted kids, she allowed the shithead back into her life and let him come between her and her husband. Those are the facts. So, now Steve is in a shitty situation. He has a wife who is a liar, a borderline cheater, and a baby killer. Yes, taking the life of your unborn child is in fact a killing. It may not be murder (killing against the law), but she stilled killed her own child. (Totally fucked up!) Don't you think Steve had a right to know this about her before they were married? That would have been a deal breaker for me. Then, the fact that she let the creep come between her and Steve tells you the rest of the story. This bitch is fucked up! No, not every wife has to be some gangbanging slut to ruin a marriage. Some of them can just be screwed up lying bitches with blood on their hands. The fact that a woman would have an abortion calls into question what kind of mother she is if she already killed one of her children. Steve certainly deserved the opportunity to know the truth before they got married. He was in fact tricked into a relationship with someone who was deceiving him. In the end, the best thing for him to do is to ride out the marriage until the kids are grown. Hide as much cash as he can, and then get the Hell out of there. This is the exit strategy of many people, men and women when the are stuck in a marriage with kids and a shitty spouse.

MadBrownMadBrownover 10 years ago
Not one of your better ones.

Sorry, I voted a 3. There was to much I didn't like plot wise. I'm not a died in the wool BTB, but the wife was too secretive about her prior relationship and extremely insensitive to her husband feelings. Common courtesy mandates that you don't ignore the person you're with in favor of a former lover, especially if the other person is your husband who you know is very much aware of the former lover. I would have been pissed too and would have let both of them know it in no uncertain terms.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 10 years ago
This story really bugs me

I like it A LOT. But I dont' think it does justice to to the underlying plot. Especially the scene at the end where Ann goes away for a final conclusion with Ronnie. That is just too unbelievable.

4 stars.

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20over 10 years ago
Nope, no fucking way!!!!!!

The Attorney Generals office would have been on that judge like stink on shit, and that therapist would have had to find alternate employment. And God only knows what the press could have done with this. Very weak, totally unbelievable.

RetiredEngrRetiredEngrover 10 years ago
Not Realistic

I know this is just a story and is the brainchild of the author, but as a reader, I have problems with the plot. First, if it had been me, I would never have gone back with her after the Friday night with "Bob", because she was acting like a slut and had no sincere feelings for Steve. Next, I do believe that she married Steve on the rebound and certainly still had the hots for Ronnie as she later admitted to. I think her feelings for Steve were about the same as I have for my absolutely beautiful and wonderful Cairn Terrier "Bella". I think the world of my dog, but it ain't the same as I feel about my wife. I certainly do not think she was honest with Steve prior to the marriage and in fact I propose that she was deceitful and in my mind, the telephone call proved the point. Finally, on her Saturday visit to Ronnie, I would have hidden a recorder in her purse or somewhere to satisfy myself that she did not give him a "goodbye" f---, because I just don't believe anything she would tell me and lastly, I cannot believe Steve would not want to know what she said to Ronnie (I know I would).

Just my thoughts

jasonnhjasonnhabout 10 years ago
Reread and more observations

Steve wanted one thing, a woman that was committed to him. Early on, when he found Ann was not, he dumped her. Commitment was a reasonable thing to want and Steve made it very clear that he expected it.

The problem is, Ann NEVER committed to Steve. She played at it and deceived Steve. Maybe she was even deceiving herself but she was not committed to Steve. There are other forms of betrayal besides sex and Ann is still holding a large torch for an old BF that treated her badly.

And here is the proof:

"Saturday Ann left just before eleven. I knew where she was going and I just gave her a kiss just before she left. I could see it in her eyes that it wasn't going to be pleasant. About one thirty I was playing with the lawn mover in the garage when I noticed her right behind me.

Her eyes were red, her makeup was smeared and she literally flew into my arms. Ann didn't say a word; she just led me upstairs to our room, locked the door and took me. I didn't initiate anything; it was completely her show as she balled my eyes out. "

(BTW, as an aside, it should be "BAWLED HER eyes out".)

Ann is devastated about severing ties with a guy she claims she is not "cheating" with. Let's think about this a bit. If a wife is committed to her husband and, while a bit high at a party, lays a smooch on an old friend, there really is "nothing to it". But when she is with a guy who she obsesses about and who is continually putting moves on her and would take whatever he could get from her, yeah, there is something to it. She claims she "won't let a guy control her" again. But Ronnie certainly WAS controlling her. But Steve, who loved her without reservation, HIM she keeps at arm's length. HIM she won't commit to. She doesn't have "bone crushing orgasms" with Steve. Maybe because she keeps that part of herself reserved for Ronnie?

Ann is one seriously screwed up puppy.

Ruth tells Steve:

"Steve, you need to open a new chapter in your life. You need to take back your wife not physically but mentally. In your mind you have had doubts as to how Ann felt about you and Ronnie. If she is to be truly yours, you need to stake your claim to her both physically and mentally. You have to have faith and believe in her, you must be able to trust her and above all remember that she picked you not Ronnie. Only then can you look at her and no longer have any doubts. If you two can do that, you have a chance at making it,"

But the problem is, Ann needs to make the first move. Steve can't have faith in Ann UNTIL Ann clears up her own emotions. He can't really trust her until she breaks her unhealthy connection with Ronnie. Yeah, Ann "picked" Steve. But as second best in the bedroom. Oh well, guess she could live with that. Wow, that's inspiring for faith and trust. Steve's doubts were WELL justified.

The whole counseling process tries to make Steve an co-owner of the problem. He is not. Ann has the problem of obsession with Ronnie and lack of commitment to her husband. Steve just wants what he is fully entitled to as her husband.

DB71DB71about 10 years ago
Yeah! What he said!

I think Jasonnh hit it right on the head.

KarenEKarenEabout 10 years ago
Not Quite Buying It

While I may believe that NOW, in hindsight she might choose Steve over Ron, but if she's claiming that if Ron came to her before she married Steve and said he would have kids, that she still would have chosen Steve, then she's lying! Why would a woman turn down the love of her life when he has just agreed to change the one thing that broke them up?

And another thing, when Steve asked why they broke up, and she said it was none of his business he should have insisted or walked away, as we can now see it obviously WAS his business! How can Steve make an informed decision on their future without knowing significant details of her past? Besides the version in the story, what if Ron had dumped her? Steve would have been justified to be concerned that she might be carrying a torch for Ron.

Tim413Tim413about 10 years ago
A sweet tale.

I don't know if Slirpuff is going to write again. I hope he does because I almost always enjoy his stories. But, he really needs an editor/proofreader. ("supposed" vs. "suppose," "used" vs. "use," making words plural, etc.)

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 10 years ago
I realize for the purpose of the story she loved her husband more...

But it just seems odd that it would take her two and a half hours to go wherever she met Ronnie and basically tell him "I love my husband and can no longer see you for any reason, talk to you in any way, and will have nothing more to do with you."

Really, if she REALLY loved her husband, that should have been an easy thing to do - especially if she really worried about losing her husband if she screwed it up.

Especially when you throw in at no point did anyone say Ronnie's opinion about having children (especially someone else's) in any way appealed to him. Would she have given up her children...? Presumably not, so it should have been a slam dunk to "dump" him.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 10 years ago
holes like a screen door

Steve was always her second choice, she would not forsake Ronnie for Steve but forsake Steve for Ronnie.

The judge and therapist were so out of line as to be nothing short of ridiculous.

Really they would both be out of their jobs and looking at charges and lawsuits.

American law is set up to not force someone to stay in a marriage that they want out of, that is the whole point of the no fault laws.

The very fact that one spouse wants a divorce and the other does not IS an irreconcilable difference and thus reason for the divorce to be granted.

Two and a half hours to say goodbye ?

Maybe if you throw in a goodbye fuck.

FD45FD45about 10 years ago
Love as old shoe

And not a 'pretty' old shoe.

This is how she described her love for her husband. Meanwhile, she had sweaty panties every time she stuck by Ronnie?

She has no right to be livid. Her actions were poor. And by her constant 'socializing' which was an excuse for being around Ronnie...huh. Add to that she kept hubby on short rations sexually and really...she has the NERVE to wonder at why he feels this way?

9pool9poolabout 10 years ago
HagarTheHorrible's Comment

Needs to be emphasized.

"Anton Chekhov said: 'One must not put a loaded rifle on stage if no one is thinking of firing it.' In the context of a story: Don't put in an element of suspense if you don't intend to get back to it."

We're given glimpses into events that build suspense without payoff. What did happen between Ann and Ronnie? Too many authors go out of their way to shoehorn in definitive proof that the wife is a cheating bitch, but in this case, ESPECIALLY because reconciliation is your goal, we need explanation for Ann's actions. There are moments where I found her genuinely sympathetic. I'd like to believe the best -- that she loved Ronnie but he hurt her too badly for her to consider giving him another shot when she already had Steve. The problem is that believing her takes a leap of faith.

The reality is that she shouldn't be talking about her husband's sexual prowess over the phone with another man. Ideally she shouldn't be talking about it with anyone, but we all know that women like to share these things amongst themselves. And, although I'm quite confident that authorial intent at the final meeting between Ann and Ronnie is for a tearful goodbye, the problem is itself that the goodbye is so tearful and exhaustive. This suggests that she hadn't fully committed to Steve regardless of what she said. Ouch.

Too many loose ends with this one.

rightbankrightbankabout 10 years ago
in Chapter 02

Ronnie comes back to town.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 10 years ago
Nope

9Pool's comments are spot on. The judge and councilor are quite a stretch of the imagination. The lengthy emotional goodbye to Ronnie? Bad juju.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

I guess if couples kept the lines of communication open you wouldn't have much to write about but it's sure a sad commentary on life

3 years strainded relationship vs a seven year marriaqe with kids Am I missing something here is it a "woman" thing? She would have fucked Randy in the middle of the street at rush hour if the oppurtenity was presented

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Okay, her mom is still her mom

But going in another room with MOM to discuss the private processes of their marital counseling? No way. Total breach of trust and once again she shows her true colors: disloyal.

FD45FD45almost 10 years ago
Can't believe I didn't comment on this.

First off, I enjoyed this story a great deal....even as there were SUBSTANTIAL plot holes in the story as previously discussed.

Why? There was good emotional turmoil and it dealt with a subtle yet important issue: the primacy of how much importance you put on a spouse. For this alone, it deserves great credit. It is an easy and low thing to write about what and how to think about a woman who spreads her legs for your friends, neighbors, bosses, random strangers in the street...(See Beerman)

This doesn't go that road. We have to ask: is what she is doing wrong?

Sadly, I feel she is and very much so. And now I will longwindedly tell you why...because that's the way I roll.

1) Our hero saw how Ann behave in a REAL relationship with Ronnie. She couldn't do enough for him and EVERYONE thought they were forever and a day. Did she treat STEVE like that? Not if he has to go begging for a) fidelity and b) sex. How often did she turn Ronnie down? One suspects not often.

2) He went into dating with her...and she cheated on him and broke her own rules. It seems the RULES are for Steve...and only Steve. He certainly has reason to feel that way.

3) He got together with her and it isn't established if they ever had sex. And yet, as soon as Ronnie enters the equation, he ceases to exist at that first meeting. Nor does she trouble herself to 'mend fences' until she FINALLY realizes she has a HUGE Ronnie sized hole in her fence...and it was growing. So does she go in repentant? Does she call? Does she try to have some make up sex? No. She sends a text. A TEXT. And then has the gall to get mad over HER poor actions. So our protag gets to compare HIS treatment with Ronnie treatment...and he loses.

4) She dumped the beloved Ronnie because of kids. She has one quickly...and then she has another one, to the dismay of her husband. He has to shout to get the baby out of her bed. He has to scream to get laid...just to get a guilt trip laid on him. She has FIRMLY established the primary relationship in her universe...and it isn't Steve!

5) But once the kids are self supporting, she discovers how important relationships are to her...with everyone except her husband. Because Ronnie is showing up. And she is foisting all work on her husband so she can gaze with moon calf eyes at Ronnie the Stud. Parties ever weekend until Steve screams.

6) Ronnie is bigger and a better lover

7) She still has strong feelings for him.

8) She has no legitimate answer to these questions except to say 'I prefer you for undefined reasons, even though I am mentally fucking Ronnie behind your back and doing lots of calls.

9) and she doesn't find the 'I got to dump Ronnie and make Steve feel like a superstar' on her own. She just cries and says "I didn't fuck him". That isn't the question. Does she WANT to fuck him? Would she PREFER fucking him? And in the one unguarded moment we have with her vis a vis the phone call, the answer is 'yes'. She'd prefer Ronnie for sex...and from her unguarded social moments, she'd rather BE with Ronnie.

Steve is second class in her heart and mind. He seems to accept this status. So be it. May he have many restful nights...though I don't believe he will.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I'll be damned...

One of the few times I agree with FD45!

First, a fantastic story, even with the spelling and grammatical errors.

However, I couldn't stay with her, especially after hearing her tell her ex-lover he was the better lover and the bigger cock and yes, she wanted to fuck him but couldn't. I just wouldn't stay after hearing something like that. Granted, love is much more than just a cock'n'cunt. But that same cock'n'cunt are deal breakers and have been through the ages.

With love, you don't have a marriage. With trust you don't have a marriage, with cock'n'cunt you don't have a marriage. But put all three together and you finally have a marriage. However, if just one of the three go missing, the marriage is over. What he heard on the baby monitor was enough to cut two of the three legs off.

Run Steve RUN!

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Comments On Page 1

When he got upset at the club when Ronnie showed up, instead of just leaving her there, he should have said, "It's time for US to go," and she either leaves with him or it's over.

Not right not to tell him the reasons for the break up. If Ronnie left her, she may be carrying a torch for him.

And Ronnie coming over when there's no party? Alarm bells!

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Comments on Page 2

""I let it go too far and I'm just glad I stopped it when I did," she said softly as I strained to now hear."

She let WHAT go too far? Ok, she probably didn't fuck him, but it sounds like they got kind of intimate.

"No matter how I feel about you, I'm married to Steve. He's my husband, and nothings going to change that,"

Oh, nice, not that she LOVES her husband, but she's married to him, oh, well.

"All right, it's not the hot burning love we had and he's not a big as you, but we have a bond that you and I will never have; our two kids. Ronnie, I've got to go, we can't keep doing this,"

Killer - Her "love" for her husband isn't as hot as it is for Ronnie, hubby isn't hung like Ronnie, and her only bond is the kids. So if they didn't have kids, she'd go off with Ronnie? Dumpher ass!

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Comments on Page 3

I’ve said it before, but like Steve said, if she wanted to be just “taken” once in a while, why not tell him?

How was Steve not totally up front?

Question about “fighting” for her is unfair. If before they were married, Ronnie came back and agreed to have kids, if she says she still would have chosen Steve, she’s lying. And how is he supposed to fight? If she wants Ronnie more, he can’t force her to go with him.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Final Comments

I'm glad for the happy ending, overall, but a couple of quibbles.

I don't for a minute believe that she wouldn't have chosen Ronnie if he came back agreeing to children. That was the main reason she broke up with him, why WOULDN'T she go back to him if he changed?

Ann better NOT know where Ronnie is! If she knows where he is there is always the possibility of running to him if things get tough. Ending means ENDING!

PultoyPultoyalmost 10 years ago
Everyone needs to be happy

And, that is the way the author wrote this. Our protagonist is happy to be here, where the story left off. That is ok, it is good actually, because happy isn't that easy to come by.

Many would never get together again, after the torturous path they'd gone through, but the gift this author has is that he draws the reader into the emotion, the hate, the tears, the love and feelings of each of the main characters.

It really is a wonderful gift to be able to write like this.

Thank you for sharing, thank you for writing.

5*

Best regards,

-Pultoy

Tootight1Tootight1almost 10 years ago
alright

kill the bitch, start over ,she is not worth the the effort

DrallDrallalmost 10 years ago
One of the best!

A full 5 stars for a loving story! Thank you.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
@jasonnj

(BTW, as an aside, it should be "BAWLED HER eyes out".)

Yes, if we were talking about her crying.

But we are talking about her fucking, i.e. balling, him, so "balling his eyes out" is correct.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Re-Reading

Once again, overall glad for the happy ending, but three things still bug me:

3) Her claim that she still would have chosen Steve if Ronnie came back and agreed to kids. Since their entire break-up was due to his not wanting kids, how could she not choose him if he agreed to kids?

2) The phone call, where she admitted her love for Ronnie was more intense, and her bond with Steve was primarily through the kids.

1) The 2 1/2 hour good-bye. First, how long does it take to say, "I can't see or have any contact with you?" Second, why so tearful? Yes, she had feelings for him, but that is what was causing them all the grief. A few tears, sure, but you'd think she lost her best friend by her reaction.

bobyroy69bobyroy69almost 10 years ago
No Disrespect

but where did you find 'Ruth', in a butcher shop? She certainly didn't seem like no counselor to me. The story started out nice but somehow disappointing at the end. I know it is fantasy but if it was real life, I would feel sorry for Steve because he has been duped again. KarenE gave some valid reasons why. A lot of questions unanswered, issues unresolved. 4**** from me and thanks for writing...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Too old a tale to really have comments useful...

But the fact is he is a wimp, she is a cheap liar, have the kids tests, too hell with Ruth (typical stereotype) in LW, dump her before Ronnie gets her PG. One star for pathetic portrayal of a husband.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
What did I miss

At the end he asked her to re-marry him and then the went though a second marriage ceremony. Ok, the way I read it earlier in the story hen they were in Divorce Court the Judge refused at that point to grant them a divorce and ordered them to again can habitat and attend six months of marriage counseling. So when did they get a divorce?

George in Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I don't think so

No way she changes her spots. No way he forgives her. Tell the Judge through his attorney that there's not a chance in hell that anything will change his mind. That he wants a divorce. He got the divorce. And the therapy bit? That was laughable. No therapist on the face of this earth can force physical contact. Their license would be suspended and they'd be lucky not to loose their ass in Court. And why would be believe a word out of Ann's mouth? She's a cheater and doesn't want to admit it. This was a terrible conclusion to an okay story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
This can't be!

She said that she didn't need mind blowing orgasms to be happy! Bullshit! What she is telling her husband is Ronnie gets it done for her, but she is willing to overlook the mundane sex she has with her husband. I say, throw her ass out and find a woman that really cares for him. Typical bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Betrayed

She'll settle for boring sex with hubby she don't need crazy orgasms with the ex, what a load of shit. He would never trust her, based on the story he never really did. She made it that way by her actions being secretive about him and their relationship together. Why the crying after she met the ex to end it and why would a married woman have to end anything if nothing was going on. She's a liar and was definitely with the ex and deep down hubby knows it he's just goons overlook it. He should of never got back with her after she stayed with the ex when they bumped into him she treated her man like shit and showed her true colors ,I would never have looked at her again

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
2 IDIOTS

Him: wimp, gullible, lovesick, coward, easy, foolish, and dumb.

Her: slut, skank, bitch, whore, liar, cheat, etc. etc. etc.

Pappy7Pappy7about 9 years ago
Didn't like it much

but not because it was poorly written but just because I thought that the reconciliation was forced. I, like others on here, think that she did cheat with Ronnie, she was so blind when it came to him that if he wanted it, he got it. All those parties where she ignored her husband and hung with Ronnie, the conversation on her cell phone was not about a kiss. And lets not get started about the stupid therapy sessions. And at the last when she went to see old Ronnie and came back devastated, well Steve should just get ready, it's not over by a long shot. Ronnie will resurface and take top billing back. That crap about settling for her husband's weak love making and orgasms because he was the better choice, I would have slapped her. But then, if she had treated me like she did her husband I wouldn't have married her in the first place. If a woman can't "get over" her first true love, the she doesn't need to be married to anyone else. If she is she needs to stay away from her first true love. I can't imagine Steve putting up with her attitude all of those years and her disrespect in front of their friends. No, Ronnie gotta go, wifey gotta go. I think the only reason that she didn't leave with Ronnie at the last is that he wouldn't take her kids as well as her. That's why she came back broken down.

I like the way this writer doesn't state something as part of the story, like her not cheating, but lets the characters do the talking. That way we can draw our own conclusions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Liked The Story .... BUT

the bitch cheated and Steve is and was a wimp. She acted like a bitch before the marriage, and ample reasons showed why. She had the eternal hots for Ronnie. Steve was simply a 'feel good' back-up. Twice, not including her intro mooning over Ronnie boy. Steve asked for grief, and unfortunately, she gave it to him once married. Chump. I do enjoy Sp's writing, though, so it's never a wasted read. Keep 'em coming my good fellow.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 9 years ago
Second time through...

still a five star favorite. This was very realistic.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 9 years ago
Good Writing

Two thoroughly unlikable characters. He's a pathetically weak-willed emotional patsy and she's a controlling self-involved bitch. A match made in heaven. Pretty well written story that brought some emotion. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
WHORE AND WIMP!

She still loves Ronnie and his lovemaking. Hubby is a wimp for even marrying her in the first place. He deserves the heartache that's coming to him, IN SPADES! The crap about "fighting" for her would only work if she were innocent, but ask yourself, would YOU fight for the love of a common slut on the street who's ASKING some guy to fuck her? I didn't think so!

I keep remembering the phone call..... even without hearing the other side of the conversation, even a bumbling FOOL could see that she was disrespecting hubby in the worst way. Again, you RAAC's are pathetic!

Tootight1Tootight1about 9 years ago
good story

on many different levels. does ones thinking change when you go from high school, to married life of 7 or 8 years?, of course it does, hopefully, so does maturity, and mentality. can anyone else see the maturity, or lack of, in the comments presented? there was love, insecurity, faith, communication, respect, understanding, shown in the actions and words spoke between the couple, or lack there of. at the end they were much more mature, and mentally capable individuals.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Slirpuff just another cuckold story

one reason....in her reply, the letter she never says "she loves him" or she wants him, just you do this you do that, you make me feel, but never I WANT YOU, I LOVE YOU..NOT SOMETHING YOU DO OR DID ......thats when you know it is written by an ass. RACC writers miss that, RACC readers miss that......women miss that, people with self respect dont.

sugnasugnaalmost 9 years ago
What was that?

She didn't marry him just for kids, she married him because he was the best deal at the moment. Ronnie was the guy that FORCED her to have a fucking abortion, then told her no kids! He is a piece of shit. She is not much better, killing her own kid for the sake of staying with a piece of shit. This is important information that she hadn't bothered to share with Steve before or after they were married. Still, Ronnie shows up again, and instead of being angry and repulsed by him, she is attracted to the man that made her KILL her own kid! Attracted to the point of distraction ignoring Steve. What the FUCK is wrong with her. If Steve had know what was really going on would he have loved her? Would he have married her? She is a weak, trashy, baby killing piece of shit. Not good wife or mother material. Now Steve does the therapy brainwashing and comes out the other side trying to make it alright. Unfortunately, it isn't. He is still married to a weak, trashy, baby killing piece of shit. Sorry to all those denial folks that like to forgive, forget, and get fucked in the ass over and over. The truth is the truth.

krosis666krosis666almost 9 years ago
Steve and his insecurities

Weren't the main problem. She was. For years she got to have her cake, and eat it too. For her, there were always three people in the marriage, the loyal puppy Steve, and the single ex boyfriend whom she loved just that bit more, the ex that she spent FAR too much time with, even intentionally excluding Steve.Even when the divorce proceedings began, she fought having to choose between them, because she had the subservient hubby, and the kids she wanted, and she had the love of her life, asshole that he was, and she wasn't giving either up without a fight.

By the way, where have you EVER seen a judge FORCE two people to live together? That was ridiculous! No judge would order that, as HE would be responsible if any violence occured, leading directly to his disbarrment! He might order counselling,as many judges do, to extract even more money from them, but a judge CANNOT nor would not order them to live together! People have a constitutional right to live where, or with whom they choose!

krosis666krosis666almost 9 years ago
Also

Think about it. WHY did she fight the divorce so vehemently? Because the ONLY way she could carry on as before, the only way she could win, was by staying married! She wanted kids! Ronnie didn't ! So, if she got divorced, she would either be alone with the kids, without Ronnie, or she would get to be with Ronnie, without the kids! The ONLY way for her to win, was to stay married. Steve never entered the equation for her, except as that which he always was to her, a tool. By staying married, she got to have what she had before, kids, a hubby/paycheck, and, after a patient wait and more lies, she would have 'The love of her life' back in her life too, albeit less obviously and with more sneaking around!

krosis666krosis666almost 9 years ago
Another thought occurs

Why didn't Steve put two and two together, when they were dating? Why did she break up with Ronnie? Because she wanted kids. So she would most DEFINITELY have had that conversation with Steve, telling him she was adamant about having kids, or they would go no further in the relationship. Therefore a little logical thought would have told Steve; "Hmm, she'll make out with other guys, while on a date with me. She is adamant about having kids. She won't commit, unless she's sure I want them too, so obviously I'm the patsy. If she makes out with others, she doesn't love ME. She wants kids. So obviously, the only reason she broke up with Ronnie, must be that he doesn't, and is only with me, because I do!"

I know, I know. Most of us rarely use our brains, and never use logic, when we are dating. But we should!

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 9 years ago
don't quite see it

How does Ann still carrying a huge torch for Ronnie mean this is true?:

"neither one of us had been totally up front with the other before we got married"

Typical LW blame the man counseling?

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 9 years ago
Second time through...

loved it. Five stars. A great tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I call bullshit!

No way a sane man takes her back after she has repeatedly shown him she can't be trusted. She's absolutely lying through her teeth. He should have politely told the Judge to piss off, gotten the divorce and then moved far, far away and started over. No way he EVER forgets her lying and betrayals. She slept with Ronnie sure as the sun rises in the East. Even for a fictional story, your reconciliation ending was just unbelievable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I stopped reading on the first page

when you did your usual thing of putting all the blame for her cheating on him.

"..... I was a little steamed but you can't blame me. If you had called, I wouldn't have had to wait around all night" To which came the usual moronic reply of "I know".

So in other words, your saying that the reason she let some guy finger fuck her in a corner, is because her boyfriend was late. And you have him accept that explanation and take the blame! Bullshit.

tae352001tae352001over 8 years ago
GREAT STORY HAPPY ENDINGS 5 STARS

Amazing the comments, how the wife (Anne) is a slut, she cheated kick her to the curb! wow why not burn the bitch at the stake too! Not one mention about Ronnie? interesting why? Ronnie is the antagonist in this story, besides the attitude of I will burn my spouse before my spouse burns me. Lets face it rushing off for divorce before sitting down with a counselor and just talk as adults. No honest open let it all out talk about everything. And see what happens, the truth comes out and they live happily ever after. Ronnie, the real dirt bag of the story, knew Anne was married, forced his way in the party and kissed her and still wanted and pushed a relationship regardless what would happen between Anne, Steve and their children. This maybe off topic, but I have been married for nearly 15 years, wonderful years, my wife and I do not accept swinging, or any consensual cheating. You are married enjoy it, stick with it and appreciate and support marriage or just divorce and walk away. I appreciate and support the homosexual community (which is a surprise to some) for their valiant and successful efforts to protect and legalize same sex marriage. I am sadden that the heterosexual community (I am a part of) does not support our own faith based marriage. If marriage is that important then cheating, adultery or any action that jeopardizes the marriage, results in divorce should be made a crime. In reality, divorce would cost everyone, the children, the husband and wife and so much more. Ronnie, would be made to face his actions by knowing that an enforced alienation of affection would cost him a lot well into his future. Imagine, Steve and Anne divorce, Ronnie due to his actions or any outside influence or person would be subject to civil suit that would follow them anywhere in the US. The new attitude would be "Take her or him, its going to cost you until I get all I lost financially back" regardless how long it takes. So its only a loss emotionally, never a loss financially.

I am glad the story had a happy ending. As to why Anne took so long, was not sex, sad Steve had to check her body quietly in the shower. I imagine if real, not a story, Anne was closing a chapter in her life and perhaps drove to a park, and cried for a while, I am also guessing Ronnie may have begged, got on a knee and promised anything, but her choice was made and her promise to Steve more important and valuable over anything. That would explain why Ronnie left to be never seen again.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 8 years ago
Specious Plot

No. Nice bit of psycho babble. No, he doesn't trust her. Waste of time reading as you torture motives and attitudes to achieve a pre- conceived absurd ending.

MullendersMullendersover 8 years ago

allways the joke about the wet spot well ladies shall i enlighten you why its allways on your side its simple realy its becouze you allways make the man come to you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
to me this one is a very sad story

because it so real to life presentation... the flame still burns.. a million songs lyrics tell the same story.... yes a 5.. and I have to say thanks for the flashback

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
What a waste

You are an excellent writer. It's a shame to see all that talent go to waste writing inane bullshit. It's difficult for me to understand how Ann is anything other than a scheming, psychotic shell of a woman. How can anyone love her? She's angry with him, she's hurt, she's undergone trauma, she's... she's... she's... I doubt the author's mind will ever wrap around the idea that some people are just fucked up and need to be jettisoned for the health and wellbeing of the family. This man is 100 percent, totally the victim and somehow the author makes him out to be the bad guy and not the psychotic bitch he's married too. I love you, and in the next breath, I love Roger. What kind of a man would put up with that crap? That should have been put behind her in junior high. This is a junior high romance and I've had enough of Slirpuff's twisted sophistry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Caretaker

Husband gets to provide the home and the kids until the ducks are in a row for the wife and her alpha male.

norcal62norcal62over 8 years ago
Seems like in 90% of LW stories the male is either a clueless dope, or lacks

any sense of curiosity about the other person. This shouldn't be necessary to set up a story situation. It's a throwback to the normal TV depiction of males as clods, clueless for stupid. This all may be true of a portion of the male population, but I hope it doesn't reflect the majority of U.S. men. Seems there are stronger ways to create a LW tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
page one

was all i could stand of this auto-bio of a wimp. he should be suking ronnie's dick vs eating ron's cream pies from his wife's cunt.

1 star

PeteCedarPeteCedarover 8 years ago
Anonymous 11/27/15

You're such an ass with comments like this. 5* to offset your 1*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
1*

another wimp husband.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
1* for me too.

just to piss of bonnie/vastie.

rjordanrjordanover 8 years ago
Great story

What they accomplished takes a lot more courage and hard work than raining down a bunch of macho bullshit revenge on everyone.

I liked them both, but Ruth was my favorite character.

5*

[The anal tag is a little weird for this story]

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Okay

I don't believe her. Steve is a Wuss.

gara5289gara5289over 8 years ago

I like the story but my issue is i feel like what was overheard and what was said in the therapists office were two different things and that was never addressed.

kyron99kyron99over 8 years ago
touching

great story that is a departure from the common fairytale revenge BS. real people, real insecurities, real baggage.. was good to see the, work thru them together for the best resolution.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Hmmmm

I think she would be better off without him. Least till he matures a little bit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Dear "I think she would be better off without him. Least till he matures a little bit"

Why don't you go find a chainsaw and assfuck yourself with it, you self righteous little twatwaffle?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Why not cut all the phsyco babble crap

Just burn the fucking bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
A minor criticism about Ann

This is my second time through and while imo this isn't your best, it's still in the top 10%. One thing that came through to me in both readings is what a cold fish Ann appeared to be. She barely budged the needle; about a 0.5 on the Warm and Loving Richter scale. Thanks again for sharing your work!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
I think the main point is missed

1. No guy is going to tolerate being blown off by his woman (they are even discussing marriage) while she talks with a guy she used to fuck. The breakup would be immediate.

2. No guy is going to tolerate hanging out and being friends with a guy his wife used to fuck.

3. The fact that a wife keeps secret from her husband the fact that her old boyfriend, with whom they both hang out with, conceived a child with him and aborted it. Is hanging horns on his head. E.G. The counseling would be over and the divorce would happen and she would be treated like dirt for the rest of her life. No hope of reconciliation once that is known.

In other words the ending reconciliation is not realistic.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysabout 8 years ago
The marriage counseling was a joke

It felt more like blackmail than anything, and a marriage counselor can't force the participants to so much as touch each other, three days a week and for six months is extremely excessive, court mandated counseling is actually pretty rare, especially after an acrimonious court battle, it's more likely to come up early in the process where the court believes that there is a good chance the marriage can be saved, seems more like the judge was on a power trip.

The only thing the court can, is to force them to attend, anything else is voluntary, it's the same as if a psychologist used emotional blackmail to attempt to pressure their patient into a breakthrough, pretty unethical.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Ann Is Still Harboring Secrets From Steve

After her final talk with Ron, and a tear stained face, Ron left. It is apparent Ann knew where he went. But did not tell Steve. What's one more secret from Steve?

Steve will go through his life with the recall of Ann telling Ron that she loved Ron more than she loved Steve. I cannot live with a wife who loves another man more than me. Time and time again she proved she loved only Ron. Their marriage doesn't stand a chance.

Can you do the readers a favor? After you name off the characters on the first page, it becomes he, she, you. I have to look back on the first page or else take notes to recall who is whom. Give us a break. Throw their names in from time to time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
2= 1 or maybe 2

So secrets destroy trust, one of the foundation stones of a happy marriage. 2= 2 or 1-1, cohabiting strangers.

It's scary to reveal that which might loose you that which you value most, but when you do and it doesn't, you are working on the upper floor of a really good relationship, 2=1. That's the part they missed in the beginning and it almost made

2 = 1-1 ,2, or 4 very unhappy people.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
a man does what he has to do

a man has to let it go and live with a bad situation. he has responsibility to his kids.

he can/should kick out the wife who puts him in second place after the kids are grown.

his happiness is secondary to the children. i have done it for 40 years

rianco71rianco71about 8 years ago
Good read but

I really enjoy your stories but I can't understand how you can put together such well formed stories and still make some silly spelling mistakes. (Hall) instead of Haul?

Is it just the way Americans spell or English not your first language?

I do enjoy your work but buy a dictionary.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3about 8 years ago
BS

No he cannot trust her ever again. You can spout all the bs you want but the underlying foundation of their marriage is severely damaged and he will always have doubts about her.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous