All Comments on 'What You Wish For Pt. 01'

by Rehnquist

Sort by:
  • 215 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
It takes a lot of skill to elevate cliché to an art form. Think Chandler, Ellroy.

Compelling and riveting storytelling...Mancelt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
thanks

look forward to any of your work, and this looks like another gem

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
really really

Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Wow!

Have to read the rest of this!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Wow!

Great story so far - best non-explicit sexual novel I've ever read!

MarvinSMarvinSover 13 years ago
Hooked

I am hooked on this story! Gotta read more.

Scotsman69Scotsman69over 13 years ago
A very fine story

A friend commended this to me after I told her I seldom read anything in LW.

I'm grateful that she pointed me your way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
5 stars, homie!

So I'm stroking a woody looking for a hot story to get off on, and find this. Well it's died down a bit now :( but I can shoot off on something else. This is some real shit Tyler's going through here, and I really want things to work out between him and Susan.

I can't see it lasting 6 full parts though, unless maybe his ex comes back into the picture, and some other major stuff happens. Right now this feels like it could be wrapped up in one or two more chapters tops (he's come so far already), but I'm with you for the duration b/c I love your writing and characters. You worried about depth? Well worry no more. You rock, man. I can totally see how Susan knows that a change would be good, and wants to change, but is still afraid of going through with it.

As of now, I see that all 6 parts have been published here, so it's kinda pointless to ask you for certain things, but I can tell you now that I'm gonna read all of them.

Thanks, Rehnquist. Please keep writing :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

You promised us real people but they are still all too beautiful and flawless. Fingers crossed for the next chapter.

DeckviewDeckviewabout 13 years ago
You have all the elements of a great story going here!

Excellent plot that moves forward at a pace that fits the characters, believable character that have depth and are likeable, and great dialogue. You're doing it. Congratulations!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
An Excellent Beginning!

Rehnquist :What You Wish For Pt. 01

Rich characters, moulded with strong, recognizable qualities which are enhanced by a great storyline and bound together with dialogue that is down to earth, realistic and natural with the whole package nicely paced. Wow!!

Though we view Kristin as shallow because of the limited personal interactions between husband and wife, I feel that is a Rehnquist twist which he will fill in much, more completely when the time is right. This author has a unique skill for surprises and twists that make his work so enjoyable to read. With Tyler returning home, it's inevitable that he and Kristine will meet and this meeting will undoubtedly will be very interesting and enlightening.

Take Care!

Simply_Me

bartolobartoloabout 13 years ago
Excellent beginning to your story

Great story that leaves the reader wanting to continue to read non-stop: but not now me as i need to be up early tomorrow.

You development of the story is excellent. And at this point, I'd assume that Susan is going to be IT, his gal; his babe through thick and thin. He deserves a good women after what he had live through after his wife left him and divorced him..

I'd wish only one thing, Rehnquest, which is that you describe in more detail certain scenes in the story so that readers can become more familiar with the surrounds. For example, the nightclub where he met Susan; his home (is it the home he bought when he and his wife moved to Palm Beach from Illinois? I like to build a visual image for some of the locations in which the story is taking place.

GualterioGualterioabout 13 years ago
Really enjoying this story!

Hey, I can only second the "excellent beginning" comments. I just wanted to let you know that someone else is reading and enjoying your work. Well, on to part 2!!

MarvinSMarvinSalmost 13 years ago
Romance

I have to keep reading to see if this will end up being a new romance or maybe (horrors!) a reconcillion. (sorry can't spell that word)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Damn good read

I must second this comment.

We have a real, honest to goodness author here. He can spell, write consecutive sentences and keep his work flowing...One of only a few that can do that...Great job you're doing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Real?

It seems like you are writing from first hand experience! It seems so real, so genuine, and so heartfelt. I feel I can relate to what is happening to the character as he struggles with his love life. Thank you so much for writing such talented work. I only hope you will publish this and help others get to see the beauty of your art.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 13 years ago
I see another winner here -

OK I like the characters so far - (developmentally) I want more about Kristin the psycho -

Susan better figure prominently in the future lol

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Interesting. All "I" see is another Pomy loser.

Pompous and arrogant. Story line is barely acceptable but for this ugly pompous style.

For that is given 1* !!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
For the previous anon

Some people are natural pricks; some people are naturally stupid. I'm trying to decide if you're just a prick, just stupid or both. I'm tending towards both.

RonRWoodRonRWoodover 12 years ago
11 months late...

I have read many stories in the last few years, and there are so many I have missed by different writers. You do have some of the skills one expects from from highly skilled and educated writers. Like making us think this is your story. But then, isn't that the main skill a writer can possess? To make a reader feel that this story is reality? This chapter did for me...

To welcome HARRY's comments is a nice thing to do I guess...But he is more an annoyance than anything. Maybe a tiresome character is more appropriate. His socalled constructive criticism is too hard on amateur writers and worthless to the polished or skilled ones like you. I miss DSQ and look forward to StangStar's weekly

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Hooked

I did not want it to end. its 3 pages long but seems a lot shorter. now to read the next part.

LegionsOfLiesLegionsOfLiesabout 12 years ago
Anon 12/7/11

I seriously enjoyed that comment.

Great set up Rehn you have a gift with story. I couldn't care less about grammar, punctuation or anything else of the technical bullshit as long as the story and characters can pull me in and you do that masterfully.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
A garbage by arrogant and incompetent dickwad.

Too bad this inept travesty of a story is even published. 1 star!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Attn 6/3/12 anon...

Why don't you cowboy up, post a comment as a member, direct us to YOUR story, let us read it, and comment, if you think you can do a better job?? otherwise, go to your little corner, sit down, shut up, and keep your inane whine bag insults and comments about the writer to yourself.

rehl25rehl25over 11 years ago

@Anonymous09/03/12

This would have been much more convincing, if you had written it with your name shown. xD

@Anonymous 06/03/12

You forgot to point out, what you didn't like about the story. Without proper pointers, the Author is never going to get better, and your comment looks like a 10 year old calling someone names. Somewhat amusing, but still unpleasant.

-My opinion-

The author doesn't need to get better. Awesome story.This is my third time reading it.

Go on just like this =3

kemanderkemanderalmost 11 years ago
4k the Critics!

Nobody writes as good as this is but the man who wrote this. So to hell with the critics!

john68utjohn68utalmost 11 years ago
Easy to please?

Maybe I'm just easy to please. I've read a couple of your stories and thought they were, with the exception of a few typos, very well written. Again of course I'm probably easy to please.

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 10 years ago
Big R. I would like to see a happy ending in this story, preferably with the lady lawyer.

Susan. I had to look back and get her name. I'm an old man and my mind is leaving. I am enjoying this story so far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
love story

this has the making of a very believeable love story. Am looking forward to the next chapters.

ThePathfinderThePathfinderover 10 years ago
Good Start

You are one of my favorite authors on this site and once again you don't disappoint. Nice set-up for four different plot points (ex-.wife, mother's illness, novel, and personal relationship). Looking forward to plot drivers in pt. 2.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
u need

a writer.

2 star

CybawulfCybawulfabout 10 years ago
Pretty good story so far.

To the last comment, "u need a writer?" No buddy, you need an editor before you comment douche.

RedmasterRedmasterabout 10 years ago
Susan

Good start on character development. Susan is a sympathetic figure.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
half full

Rehnquist, I Iike your outlook on life. Just by reading your stories, I know your an optimistic guy. And, you always give your characters hope, or a taste of hope. I don't know her background but everyone reading this story is hoping he can wipe away Susan's tears and make her happy. This is why I like your characters far more than Daniel Q Steele's. His women are so over the top and despicable in their actions, that no matter what they do later, they're impossible to warm to. Thanks for your efforts.

markranemarkraneover 9 years ago
I Like This. A Lot.

Great start and wonderful characters. I like Tyler and Susan and Dad and Mom. Kristin not so much...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
You are DQS's rival.

R your style of interacting the characters in your story - differs with DQS's in that the latter is more towards raw emotions and sexual displays of the female anatomy, mostly boobs and common male reaction to such displays of sensuality. I prefer your style (so far) which is more about personality interaction - feelings - with sex as the incidental factor. Keep at it man.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
So far

... this is my favorite of your works. Which is kind of like saying this is the most beautiful, most perfectly shaped, and tastiest meraschino cherry in the jar. Of course, I had to eat all the cherries to prove it (burp!). Oh, pardon me!

Sorry you're no longer contributing here.

VisualPerv

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
What a Start!

I usually don't comment until the end of a story....BUT this is one hell of a start! Fantastic writing and very interesting characters and plot. Whatever happens next, I wanted to say that.

EXursusRhereEXursusRhereover 9 years ago
Exactly!!!

What xtchr said. Times 10.

garic372garic372almost 9 years ago
Amazed

Recently stumbled across this writer, how it took me this long ill never know. I think this is the 2nd story i have read, and both have been beyond amazing. Looking forward to this series.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
More stories?

Rehnquist is such a great storyteller,but no longer posts here. Anyone know where to read his work besides here?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Anon

That's the million dollar question. He has quite a following. I've spent a few hours trying to track him down. I read a comment on another story that said he had passed away. I'm holding hope that that has not happened and he will someday surprise us with another masterpiece.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
This is Illogical

Why would she leave a guy who's making a TON of money that she's spending like water to marry a fucking cop who earns chicken feed??? (Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of whores.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
m,aybe she loves the poor guy

it's not always about the money and only the annony assholes would think that way

Chuck100Chuck100almost 8 years ago
Just WOW !!!

I am just starting to write stories you are my new hero! I would love to write like you. Great story line!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 8 years ago
Second time through...

Still five stars. Still love it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Alright

Off to a flying start. Looks like I will be reading late into the night on Part 2. Thanks.

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 8 years ago
Like this one...really like this one!

Canot wait to read on!

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 8 years ago
Correction...

"cannot"...that is what you get when you hit enter without proofreading...lol

ImHappynBPImHappynBPover 7 years ago
Good start

I'm going to like this!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I guess I'll be the one dissenter...

I don't get your character! How does a savvy, successful business man who makes lots of money, be so clueless about EVERYTHING ELSE????? He doesn't know why his marriage failed????? REALLY????!!!!!! He's out of town 3 weeks out of the month and when he IS at home he works an 80 hour week and he doesn't know why his marriage failed???? UUUGGGHHHHH!!!!! YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME????

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Last Part Best

Story became better when wife had left him. Up until then was mundane. After he went out to get his pipes cleaned and started moving on...writing and meeting ladies... the story picked up 100%. Thanks.

bruce22bruce22about 7 years ago
Reread this today

Really, it is a convincing tale with convincing people. The fact that he has no friends down there gives a good reason for his wife going home. Of course, as a writer he may make tons of money, or starve.

tazz317tazz317about 7 years ago
UPS AND DOWN....GOOD AND BAD

the real life evolves and spins on, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

You bastard, Rehnquist! Thank you for this first chapter. It was excellent. Well written and edited. I've avoided you because of your name (I thoroughly despise the former Chief Justice) but after reading this first chapter I'll eagerly be devouring the next five. Perhaps you could spoil us readers and expand on the story and write 'Long Gone'... As always, kudos to you and the other writers for taking the time to write these stories and having the courage to share them with us.

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 6 years ago
Double Wow

You have me hooked. Can't wait to get to the next chapter. This chapter had it all. Beautifully done. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
BIG HIT

The ball has left the bat on its initial trajectory headed out of the park.

I'm an old man spending some time in Lit everyday. For day or 3 have found some pretty good stuff and some disappointing stories. A little frustrating.

Time to read a Rehnquist I've been saving back. Like going from gloomy weather to partly sunny and then the Wow spectacular day comes that outshines what went before. Ahh.... it's Rehnquist again! Nothing like it.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
This is real.

Why did you think it needed to get to chapter 3 to appreciate your main character? The story develops extremely well and is so believable. Looking forward to the further chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Excellent first chapter

Really, really good. That was an excellent ending to the first chapter.

Reading about his writing process inspired me to get back to my studying of Mandarin so it's at a high level of fluency instead of just fluent. Thanks

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funabout 6 years ago
Yes, an absolutely fab first chapter

Started off as the usual staid she-cheated/left-him stuff; average, 3-star.

But! Focusing on the recovery really started to lift the story.

ChuckEPooChuckEPooalmost 5 years ago
Omg!

This was the best written story I’ve ever read...by far. If you have a novel, I’d love to purchase it. A 5 is inadequate for this.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooteralmost 5 years ago
Damn - wow!

You managed to explore almost the full extent of human relationships, exposing many human frailties, and making much of it so raw.

Thank you! More!

SirCarlSirCarlalmost 5 years ago
One of the best!

Exceptionally well thought out, written, and presented!

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Great start

I've put off reading this for way too long. It was all that I expected and more. A great start to the series. You can keep Kristin, I want Susan.

goodsonformomgoodsonformomover 4 years ago
Yeah, I know this life.

While I read the beginning I thought I was reliving my life and divorce.....great insights. I'm hooked.

WordcraftWordcraftover 4 years ago
READING THIS . . .

For the third time, and I'm still loving it!

ohyessssssohyessssssabout 4 years ago
Wow

Didn’t expect much at first, but it came around pretty quickly. I really liked it. Can’t think of any corrections. Carry on.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Great!!!

Wonderful first chapter!!! Susan sounds like a great friend/lover.

The_Artfull_CodgerThe_Artfull_Codgeralmost 4 years ago

for a very few, a sixth star is needed.

BlueHemiBlueHemialmost 4 years ago
I'm With

Codger. Sometimes there just aren't enough stars to truly reflect my appreciation of a story. This is one of them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I'm With Codger

On this one too. Too soon to hope he ends up with Susan? Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Characters

So the first chapter started out a bit boring. But damn the two main characters (him & Susan) are the highlight of this chapter, not the parasite ex.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

You are a verry good writer, I have read several of your works. This one started a bit differently than most of the cheating wife stories. You told it well and the phrase used by Dad said it all "Do work to live or live to work?"

He obviously had a shallow, spoiled wife. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

WargamerWargameralmost 3 years ago

Great story, thus far. Do not know how I missed this one in the past. But there you go.

Now to read on.

Scores 5/5

ohyessssssohyessssssalmost 3 years ago

I frankly, think you are as talented as Daniel Q. And, your ladies aren’t nearly as over the top she-devils, as his. I hope you you don’t run out of time or ideas.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good story, it really is a good example of the American mentality about going into great debt when buying a McMansion! His wife had to have a huge first house. They couldn’t buy a smaller house that they could payoff quickly. Her husband was making $250,000 per year.

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941over 2 years ago

Good start, hope it continues. Definitely 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Outstanding!

I’m not signed in, so I have to post as “anonymous. Got to get my PS again. Got to finish and post at least some of the stories I’ve started.

Mvf_Lit

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 2 years ago

Really good. He is one of a small group of writers on this site who knows how to tell a story.

CaptainRiverCaptainRiverabout 2 years ago

Definite 5 star story. Wish he was still posting here.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

Was reviewing my comments from a year ago and they still stand. You are a very good writer and I wish you were still writing. I can really emphasize with our man here. After divorce you are sort of just out in the cold. My divorce was over forty years ago. Sort of the same reasons this guys wife left except different. I think this guys wife just got bored. That's what happened to mine. I was 6 years older and tired she was still young and pretty and looking around for something else. A bit shallow if you ask me, but I'm just an old married man. On with the next chapter.

UncertainTUncertainTabout 2 years ago

Getting into this.

FyrscapeFyrscapealmost 2 years ago

Ok so I am hooked. So far a very good read. You really have a knack for making the characters real.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

third time, not much else to say but R is great writer and his parallels to real life are right on. Most of us men working for the family haven't got a clue the woman is not happy............................

xhristianjxhristianjalmost 2 years ago

One of the commonalities to so many cheating wife stories is the passive nature of the Men. Obviously some men become slaves to the machine we all know them the cog in the machine nothing more than flesh covered robots.

But some Men are made of sterner stuff yes they do what they need to for the welfare of their families but their engaged and involved in the lives of their children and wives these Men should be our Heroes! In fact they should be the Heroes of their Wives and Children but too often 'familiarity breeds contempt' a harsh epitaph but no less for being True.

ErotFanErotFanalmost 2 years ago

We're off to a roaring start. Character have been introduced and we know something about them - and we want to know more about each!

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitover 1 year ago

"....you are so remarkably hot that you could give a stone idol a hard-on."

Er, right, er, um, b-b-b-! OR perhaps So hot that you could melt water? Freeze ice? ..fart into a Blast Furnace?

As similes go.. one out of ten! But the stories ok, so far. A tad extruded, but ok so far!

R.S.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting plot and character development and good execution. This is one of the few authors who appears to know how to use pronouns. The others here are either woketards or simply intellectually lazy simps.

5

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanover 1 year ago

Interesting story line, as usual for you, slightly messed up but fascinating characters cannot wait to see what shit you put em through

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So far so good, keep up the good work. 5*****

waltdeewaltdeeover 1 year ago

Very readable. I enjoyed it and now moving to the 2nd part.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

2nd reading for me as you are a very good storyteller. like your other stories too. Long Gray ? or something and Bar and Grill.

Opinionated1Opinionated1over 1 year ago

i wish you were still writing....

SeaChangerSeaChangerover 1 year ago

Holds my attention and interest. Easy to read and follow. Serious. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting premise.

But so little sex.

Four stars.

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

I read this a long time ago.

The first chapter was just brilliant. What an intro

I’m just loving this, scores 5/5 easily!!!!

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

BTW this should be in Romance NOT Loving Wives.

This is a romance novel

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

WG

Seems to me most of the LW stories should be in fetish

JTassJTassabout 1 year ago

Excellent beginning! It's definitely intriguing enough to make me want to find out what happens next,

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous