Wheel of Fantasy

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The rowdy applause continues transforming into an escalating pulsing chant.

Audience: "Luke... Luke... Luke... Luke... Luke..."

Luke raises his other hand and the chant abates.

Eventually an uneasy silence grips the surreal scene.

Luke: "Welcome Arthur to the Wheel of Fantasy."

Arthur nods and quietly replies.

Arthur: "Thank you Luke."

Arthur looks upwards, startled by the amplified echo of his meek reply.

Luke smiles back to corroborate the use of electronic trickery. Luke then turns to the hushed audience that is concealed behind the two high banks of studio lights.

Luke: "Tonight's guest comes to us from down town City Central. He is a former corporate high flier who once commanded one of the most formidable business empires this country has ever seen."

The audience instantly bursts into an outpouring of rowdy appreciation. The pulsing chant begins again.

Audience: Softly at first and intensifying. "Luke... Luke... Luke... Luke..." Then very loud for three chants until it quickly abates once again... "Luke... Luke... Luke... Luke... Luke... Luke... Luke..."

The simmering quiet returns.

Luke: "Arthur is here with a dream to rebuild that once remarkable empire." Luke draws a breath to rebuild the dramatic emphasis. "And tonight on wheel of fantasy we will give him the chance to do just that!"

Arthur rears back on his stool as the audience repeats the raw outpouring of appreciation. The chant resurges but this time as an incessant whisper.

Audience: Quietly. "Luke... Luke... Luke... Luke..."

Arthur's vision is slowly regaining some depth. He can make out the stage around him but he can't see past the glare of the two high banks of lights. Arthur surveys the stage and notices that it is devoid of any props. The lights only illuminates the bare hexagonal shaped stage. The light strangely does not infiltrate behind the stage.

Luke turns to face Arthur.

Luke: "Arthur are you ready for the Wheel of Fantasy?"

Arthur: Tries to make himself heard above the buzzing milieu. "Yes... Luke."

Luke: "Well then lets bring on the Wheel of Fantasy."

Applause surges and Arthur glimpses dark menacing silhouettes hiding in obscurity behind the glaring lights. He still cannot make anything out, but he is sure he can see sporadic flickering red lights in the ominous shadows.

Then he is distracted by a swirl of air that heralds the arrival of a tall flat circular device. Arthur turns to look over his shoulder and watches the intriguing item slowly glide into place as if it were on rails.

The audience then collectively breathes in an awesome sigh as the daunting machine comes to rest directly behind Luke and Arthur.

Carmela suddenly appears from behind the structure.

Luke leans toward her and tenderly kisses her cheek. She returns to take her place beside this imposing wheel.

Luke: "Arthur this is the Wheel of Fantasy."

Arthur: Carefully surveys the machine and whispers to himself. "Impressive."

The audience buzz subsides rapidly til only a deathly silence is present.

Luke: Leans closer to Arthur. "Are you ready?"

Arthur: "Yes."

Luke: "Arthur... to take your first spin of the wheel you must provide us with your first nomination."

Arthur didn't need to take any thinking time.

Arthur: "Jack..." Arthur pauses dramatically. "...Cartwright."

The audience reaction is instant and electric. The acclamation reaches a fervent crescendo. Then it abates with equal fervour.

Luke: " An interesting nomination Arthur." Luke turns to the obscured audience. "Jack Cartwright is Arthur's former junior business partner. Due to an unfortunate incident Jack now heads... Arthur's former empire."

Arthur patiently listens and waits for his next instruction.

Luke: "Now to confirm your nomination Arthur so you can take your first spin, please provide me with your nomination's..." Luke pauses momentarily to stretch out the dramatic impact. "...greatest opportunity for deliverance."

The awkward silence continues.

Luke: "You have twenty seconds to provide your answer."

Arthur notes Luke's complex of choice words in the question. What was Luke's true intent, a search for weakness?

As Arthur carefully rationalises the request he becomes acutely aware of the building warmth in the studio. He wipes the sweat off his brow with his wrist and waits...

Luke: "Times up Arthur."

Arthur: Sensing a need to answer frankly. "Jack's opportunity lies in his burning ambition..."

Luke's expression alters. Arthur elaborates.

Arthur: "...to do anything to win."

Luke momentarily glares seriously at Arthur. Arthur sweats profusely. Slowly Luke's repertoire of smiles relinquishes another intrepid smirk.

The audience compliments Luke's reaction with another burst of raucous adulation.

Luke: Slowly and deliberately leans over to Arthur. "Well now its time..." Luke's eyebrows rise for an instant. "...to take your first spin."

Arthur raises himself from his stool and the lighting changes. The high bank lights dim rapidly and a spotlight concentrates on himself. Another spotlight focuses on the imposing device.

Arthur's stool seems to slide away into the surrounding darkness. The wheel slowly approaches him as if it were inviting his activation.

Luke enters the new lighting arrangement from the left.

Luke: "Arthur, give it a great spin... Just pull down hard."

Arthur acknowledges the instruction with a nod.

As Arthur reaches up grasp to the imposing deep red coloured wheel he notes the intricate markings. Elaborate numbers, words and symbols are engraved in each of the wheel's segments.

One particular segment catches Arthur's eye. He didn't make out the number just the two symbols. A rearing horse and a bull's profile.

Arthur clutches the wheel and pushes it upwards to get a better grip.

The indicator ratchet at the top of the elegant apparatus clicks over like the barrel of a Smith and Weston revolver.

Arthur then is transfixed by the black segment that is opposite to the side he is holding. He recognises that it must be the mark of the game's default.

A soft drum roll begins to emanate from the darkness behind him.

The drum roll intensifies and Arthur pulls down with all the force he can muster.

The wheel turns in perfect balance. The drum roll is drowned out the relentless clicking of the straining ratchet.

There's a subtle change in the spotlight's focus. Now only the wheel is being illuminated brightly.

Arthur is mesmerised by the wheel's hypnotic reflection of the solitary spotlight. All the markings seem to flicker an animated message. It is unfamiliar to him, so he raises his internal awareness.

As the wheel slows down only the sound of the diminishing drum roll and the slowing of the ratchet clicks fill the darkened arena.

Eventually the ratchet clicks become individually discernible.

The moving markings are apparent once again.

Arthur traces the symbols that caught his attention before. They are at the bottom of the cycle.

Arthur watches them as they climb agonisingly upwards as the spin draws to its conclusion.

Each click can now be counted. The symbols are at nine o'clock.

The lighting is augmented once again and Arthur's spotlight starts a gradual illumination.

The two symbols draw ever closer to the ratchet.

Suddenly the intense silence is broken by a deep collective sigh and a wave of rowdy applause.

The ratchet stops on the second click in the segment with the two symbols.

Luke steps back into Arthur's spotlight.

Luke: "Well..." He pauses to maximise impact. "We have a prize that will get your heart..." Again another dramatic pause. "...racing."

On cue a spotlight cuts high across the stage like a piercing laser beam.

To the left hand of the stage a dark curtain is lit up and a fanfare of trumpets begins to blare out a high volume frenzy designed to escalate your heart rate.

As the curtains draw open bright lights fade in to gradually reveal two sleek sexy machines parked at an acute angle to each other.

The audience reacts by easing out a long deep "Ooo-oo-o-oh!"

Two gorgeous adornments open the doors. They are wearing stunning evening gowns that perfectly colour match the bold brilliant colours of these two gorgeous chargers. A stunning brunette in a scarlet silk strapless body hugging dress that clings to all her delicate curves. Then an equally entrancing blonde emerges from the bright yellow vehicle. She fills an amazing yellow gown. The front is nothing more than an intricate triangular weave that starts at the shoulders and apexes where her thighs meet. Both gowns only barely hide the mouth watering temptations lurking underneath.

Luke: "Arthur... in your prize basket... you've just placed two of the most desirable luxury racers that have ever graced this planet."

The two vixens stalk their way over to Arthur sidling tightly on either side of him. Arthur squirms uncomfortably ever more conscious of the warmth intensifying within this shadowy arena.

Luke: "The limited edition Ferrari Monza F650... The Diablo Rosso... one of only two ever built."

The brunette reaches for Arthur's hand and places a glistening jewel encrusted key ring into his palm. The distinctive black prancing stallion on its brazen yellow background captivates Arthur's vista. He stares momentarily at it then he clenches his fist tightly around this souvenir of desire.

Luke: Augmenting his delivery. "And to go with this fiery ruby..." Luke's customary pause builds more tension. "The Lamborgini Angelo Giallo... which is the only one... ever built."

The blonde reaches up inside Arthur's jacket, sliding her hand sensually against Arthur's chest. She reaches his shirt's top pocket and slips another sparkling jewel trinket into the pale blue and grey striped envelope.

Gentle applause begins to fill the arena.

Luke: "You see Arthur it's as easy as that..."

Arthur is lost for words. He just smiles awkwardly accepting the undeserved accolades.

The lighting gradually changes once again and the two sirens recede into the dark surround. An uneasy hush comes over the arena as the only light on now focuses on Luke and Arthur.

Luke: "Are you ready to go for your second spin?"

Arthur hesitates momentarily trying to absorb the enormity of his circumstance.

Arthur: "Yes... Luke... I am."

The audience reverts to another surge of boisterous applause and the chant intensifies through the unbearable clapping.

Audience: "Luke... Luke... Luke... Luke... Luke... Luke... Luke... "

Act Ten - Round Two

It takes a little time for this round of riotous exuberance to abate.

Luke turns to Arthur.

Luke: "Ok Arthur... as in the first round, I'm asking you to make another nomination."

Luke steps back leaving only Arthur in the white hot spotlight.

Perspiration is now trickling down Arthur's temple. He had already decided his remaining nominations. His only dilemma was the order.

Arthur: His decision is eventually divulged quickly. "Steve Anderson."

An unnerving hum fills the arena.

Luke steps slowly back into the spotlight.

Luke: "Steven Anderson..." Luke takes an excruciatingly long pause. "...your once inseparable buddy?"

Arthur nods affirmatively.

Luke: Continues. "Your companion through college and professional football."

Again Arthur nods as he struggles for breath in the oppressive heat.

The unnerving audience hum builds intensity.

Luke turns to Arthur and smiles by curling the left side of his mouth and raising his left brow.

Luke: "Steven Anderson who is now coveting Allyandra Popov..." Luke draws a deep breath then evocatively whispers. "...your ex wife."

Arthur just blankly stares back at Luke standing next to the great imposing circular shadow.

The audience hum subsides.

Luke: "Ok Arthur... To progress and spin the wheel of fantasy for a second and possibly third time. Please provide Steven Anderson's opportunity for deliverance."

Dark silence.

Arthur: Looks down to the ground and carefully prepares to deliberate his words. "Golden brown."

Another startling audience reaction makes Arthur rear backwards. The zealous ovation climbs to a sustained climax.

Then as quickly as it had risen, it subsides.

Luke: Nodding sympathetically. "Ah... The nectar of the gods."

Suddenly another spotlight slams its brilliance into the imposing device. The light reflects a red glow into the faces of the two men standing before it.

A quiet tension returns to the arena.

Arthur looks up at the daunting machine and begins to feel more heat building in the heavy atmosphere.

Luke: "Go ahead Arthur."

Arthur moves toward the side of the wheel. He reaches up slowly and notices beads of perspiration building on his wrist.

Arthur's intent is distracted by the default segment that sits at the three o'clock position. He grips the wheel with both hands. One above and one just below the dark segment. The glittering key ring is still evident slipped in between the fingers of his left hand. He notices that this hand is obscuring an interesting marking on the higher segment.

Just beyond his fingers is an etching that forms a shapely naked woman's silhouette. Across the midriff of the silhouette are bold letters spelling out the intriguing combination of "Marmolada Inc."

Luke: Interrupts Arthur's concentration. "Ok Arthur... time to spin..."

Arthur pushes the wheel up two clicks of the ratchet just as he did on the first spin. With an almighty effort he sends the heavy cylinder into a clockwise frenzy that makes the ratchet clicks blur into an entrancing buzz.

The audience draws collective breath and the customary drum roll then joins in the acoustic accompaniment.

The wheel slows and the noise begins to fade.

Arthur studiously follows the path of the dark segment.

It steadily descends on the right hand side of the wheel.

The pace of the rotation keeps diminishing. The dark segment has started it climb.

The individual clicks are now audible. Three clicks for each segment.

The dark segment is past nine o'clock.

The dark segment moves dangerously ever closer to the ratchet.

The audience heaves a collective moan of anticipation. Arthur's steely gaze is magnetised by the dark marking.

The segment is climbing upon the ratchet.

Click... click... click...

The first of the dark segment's clicks is snatched by the ratchet. Then the second click brakes the wheel's motion incrementally. Arthur's eyes widen in realisation. The third click is agonising but the wheel is still moving. The ratchet despairingly tries to hang on.

Finally the fourth click heralds a wave of relief from Arthur and a shock wave of awe from the shadowy audience.

Arthur sinks his face into an open palm.

The spotlight on the wheel begins a gradual fade out as a beam of light suddenly shoots across the stage to a partitioned area at the right hand side of the arena.

Another heavy light killing black curtain begins to open.

In the background a quick solitary piano note is interrupted and usurped by a long electric organ intro and a stark raw drum pulse. Seven raw beats and a foot pumped symbol strafe punctuated by a simple base guitar rift.

It's an instantly recognisable tune on the first two beat runs.

On the third run the back up singers' words are unmistakeable.

Backup Singers: "Hey sister, go sister, soul sister, go sister... Hey sister, go sister, soul sister, go sister..."

As the brash sassy "Franklinesque" singer seizes the solo vocals the music's volume fades into the background. Luke steps back into the spotlight.

Luke: Projects a strong masculinity in his voice "Well Arthur... do we have a exceptional prize for a man like you..."

Arthur looks intently over at the separating curtains.

The beaming spotlight reveals an opulent circular bed. It is adorned along its perimeter by three long curved cushions and shrouded by a shining white satin cover.

Carmela and Alexia suddenly materialise from the shadow of the wheel. They each take Arthur by an arm and guide him toward the curtained partition that is now almost fully exposed.

As they approach the opulent boudoir display, the lights begin to dim.

Two coloured light beams begin an exotic movement across the gleaming satin. The music volume builds back up.

As Carmela, Arthur and Alexia approach the boudoir their silhouettes form an eerie foreground to the hypnotic blue and red light dance before them.

The silhouettes part and then only one is left standing defiant before this display.

Suddenly the satin cover begins to stir.

The cushions on the opulent bed begin to morph into sleek velvety human forms. Though concealed by the satin cover the curves are unmistakeably feminine. Spellbinding colour highlights reflect off the three emerging vamps.

The forms heave and recede to the pulsing raw beat of the music. The bodies slide under the satin and meld into one pulsing creature. The sheets cling tightly to the skin revealing sensuous delights.

On a raw crash beat of the drum the back up singers punctuate the rhythmic dance with prophetic words.

Backup Singers: "Voulez courquo shez avec tua! Sez vua... Voulez courquo shez avec tua!

Bursting horns and the mood change of a soulful trumpet sends the pulsing creature into an amorphic separation.

The music begins to fade once again and the powerful feminine figures move closer to the edge of the soft circular nest.

The lights change once again. The moving colours are replaced by creamy white backlights.

As the music closes the bed cover draws inward to the centre revealing the dark skin of the three satin veiled dancers. They smile treacherously at Arthur who stands frozen in front of the candid scene.

Boisterous applause and intense painful whistling fills the arena. Arthur can feel it penetrating his muscles and the heat is becoming even more oppressive.

Another spotlight pierces the shadowy arena.

It illuminates Luke who is marching toward the boudoir scene from the position of the wheel.

Luke greets the stagnant Arthur. He guides him toward the bed. The eerie ebony animated statues move aside to let the men sit on the edge.

Luke: "Arthur tonight we have a very special offering."

Arthur smiles awkwardly. His focus diverts to one of the three live sculpture's smooth bare back.

She changes her posture into a demure suggestive pose.

Arthur smiles.

Luke: Begins to introduce the second prize. "The Lady Marmolada... the most exclusive... and expensive men's escort club... on this planet."

The audience silently awaits the rest of Luke's depiction.

Luke: "Membership to this... exclusive club... is one of the most sought after prizes of the rich and famous. Patrons to this club have included Movie Stars, Royalty, Presidents and Despots alike..."

The audience continues patient expectation.

Luke: "The parent company Marmolada Inc is the highest grossing single service organisation ever listed on the New York Stock Exchange... Last year grossing over three hundred and seventy five million dollars US."

Luke holds up a beautiful allegorical certificate.

Luke: "Tonight we offer you something special..."

Arthur is devoid of any meaningful response. The three sensual creatures sidle close to him and a buzz of anticipation radiates from the hidden audience.

Luke: Holds his delivery to draw the most gripping reaction he can extract. "Tonight we offer..." Another excruciating pause, then he fervidly whispers. "The controlling interest in Marmolada Inc."

The chant starts slowly and quietly.

Audience: "Luke... Luke... Luke... Luke... Luke... Luke... Luke... Luke..."

Wild clapping breaks out as Luke hands the certificate to Arthur. Arthur strains his eyes, a reaction to the overwhelming heat that is invading him.