When Lightning Strikes

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Thanks dad, it was surreal. I've never heard of anything like that happening before. I guess God doesn't like beat-up old Mavericks." For the first time in a long time, I heard my dad laugh.

"I guess not." He took a deep breath. "When they called, I thought I'd lost you and there's just so much I never told you. I think we need to have a talk when you get back from Pete's. I got a letter from your dean, by the way."

"I think a talk would be good, but there's not much to say about school. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner but, to be honest, I hate business school and..."

"Chris." He cut me off. "I don't care about school right now. I'm just glad you're ok. I just don't want to lose you, and I think I was. That's what I want to talk about. You and Pete have fun and be sure to call your mom. I love you." He hung up before I could answer, which was a good thing because I didn't want him to hear me crying any more than he wanted me to hear him.

I hadn't even noticed the truck stopping. "You, OK?" Maggie put her arm around my shoulder as I sobbed into my hands. I nodded and blew my nose into the tissue she handed me.

"I don't remember the last time my dad told me he loved me." Maggie started crying with me. We were thirty minutes late getting to the freight depot in Vegas, but sometimes a good cry is more important than a schedule.

The 'girl time' Maggie had promised was a trip down Alice's rabbit hole. It was magic, massages, manicures, pedicures with bright red polish, and I got my ears pierced. Maggie even bought me makeup of my own, asking the technician to give me a quick tutorial on how to apply it.

I could feel myself slipping into a new world, a whole new existence. Just Like I had described to Maggie, the further I went down this path, the more it felt like this is how it always should have been. Seeing that girl in the mirror was like running into an old friend. I felt warm all over.

It was all capped off by dinner at a very nice restaurant that Maggie knew about.

Maggie got her load the next morning, a container to drop off at the Port of Long Beach. I decided to not go overboard in taking Pete's comment about something sexy seriously, choosing a simple skirt with a tank top that covered my tummy. From now on, the bra, forms, and makeup were going to be standard equipment. Running my hands slowly over my body, I gently massaged my fake boobs. Maybe one day I could get some real ones. The conversation with my dad was going to be a lot more interesting than he knew.

We dropped off the container and swapped the semi for Maggie's Jeep. Maggie gave me a purse. I put my wallet and phone in. We threw my wet clothes in the laundry and went to meet both Abby and Pete at the Santa Monica Pier for a late lunch.

The look on Pete's face when he saw me was priceless. Him not laughing or running away screaming like his hair was on fire was even better. The hug he gave me wasn't anything like the three-pats-on-the-back guy hug we normally shared when we saw each other, it was harder and lasted a little longer, his hands sliding along my arms as he let me go. I wasn't exactly sure what to make of that.

Abby hugged me like a friend she hadn't seen in years, or maybe a sister.

We slid into a booth at Bubba Gump's, and I filled Abby and Pete in on my great three-day adventure. Poor Bennie got laughed at again and Abby seemed to know a lot more than I thought she should. Maggie had evidently been giving her updates.

"So, this," he smiled at me. "Is it permanent?" Pete asked the thousand-dollar question.

"I think so. Maybe, I don't really know." I laughed and nodded and found his hand under the table. When he laced his fingers in mine, my heart could have burst. Just like everything else that had happened since I climbed into Maggie's truck, I didn't understand how or why it was happening, but I liked it. So, I went with it.

We ate and talked, and the conversation shifted to how Pete was doing at USC. He was loving school, and it looked like he might start next fall.

Abby was doing great at her law office; she was a top earner and seemed to be on the fast track to a partner position. It would be a few years away, but all the signs were there.

Maggie had her truck and another load to pick up in a couple of days.

Me; I didn't have a clue where my life was going. For the first time since I left Austin, everything that had happened came into focus. I was no longer in school and, therefore, was clueless what I was going to do with my life. Not like a career in the business world had ever held much appeal.

Halfway across the country, fifteen hundred miles away from home, dressed as a girl, counting on my one friend and two near strangers for a place to stay and whatever else I might need; whatever my life before had been, it had been secure, and this was the opposite of that.

A feeling of panic rose in my stomach. Followed by doubt and fear. "What the hell are you doing?" A voice that reminded me of my dad's screamed in my head.

Excusing myself, I went to find the ladies' room to catch my breath. My hands on the counter, I searched my face for a hint of Chris, trying to bring a touch of reality back into my world, but the more I looked, the more I saw Christy. That's what Maggie had called me.

It was Abby that followed me. "It hits hard, doesn't it? When the rush wears off and you think about what's next?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, at first, it's so exciting and feels so wonderful when you finally see the real you in the mirror. But then reality hits you and you think about things like your parents and your friends, school, job, all the day-to-day stuff you're going to have to deal with." I just looked at her, stunned that she had read my mind. "There's a reason my mom knew exactly what to say and exactly what to do when she realized you might be like me. She is amazing, but she's not psychic." Abby lifted her skirt. I saw her penis tucked away in her panties. "She's been down this road once before."

We stood there in the bathroom and just talked. I asked questions, and she answered them. She reassured me when I brought up my doubts and she encouraged me when I told her how happy I had been for the past few days.

"I'm a little jealous of you, you know that?" Abby smiled at me.

"Why would you be jealous of me?"

"You have Pete. I don't know your history, but I don't think he would care if you grew two heads." We both laughed.

"He's my best friend. He's had my back for a long time." I thought about how it felt when he hugged me and when he took my hand under the table.

"Well, it's just me, but I think he wants a little more than just your back, and it's probably been that way for a while. What you're going through may just be icing on the cake. Like I said, I'm jealous."

"Wait, you think he likes me like that?" She nodded and smiled. I felt something warm inside and realized I might just like him like that, too. So much was changing in my life, and it was all happening so fast.

"What are you two doing in here?" Maggie stuck her head in the door. Pete is about ready to call in the marines.

"Sister stuff." I smiled at Maggie and winked at Abby as we followed her back to the table.

"Are you alright?" Pete took both of my hands in his when we got back to the table.

"I'll be fine. I got a little overwhelmed, is all. I never stopped to think this through and then you asked me if it was going to be permanent and I didn't even have to think about it. But what does that even mean? Abby helped me figure a thing or two out, but that just raised more questions." I looked up into his big brown eyes, half hoping he would wrap me in his arms and kiss me right there. Somehow that would make everything alright at least for the moment.

I shuddered at the idea. It both excited me and scared me to death.

"Listen, why don't you two come over to my place?" Abby put her hand on my shoulder. "Christy and I can talk a little more and since she's already stolen my travel bag, I guess we can see what else I have that she can use."

We gathered our stuff and headed out to our cars. Maggie pulling me into a massive hug. "You remind me so much of Abby." She smiled at me as she let me go.

"She told me." I smiled at her. "I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't stopped to pick me up." Tears welled in my eye.

"This is not goodbye, young lady. I promised your mom I would make sure you were safe, and I keep my promises. Call me if you need anything." Maggie gave me the same look my mom did when she said it.

"I promise." I hugged her again.

Pete opening the door for me, and I slipped into his car so we could follow Abby to her apartment, his hand resting on my thigh as we drove. I didn't know where any of this was going, so I decided to just go with the flow and see where it took me.

Abby and I disappeared into her room, raiding her closet and dresser, looking for anything I could use that she would part with. I ran out into the living room to get Pete's opinion a few times until I realized the Spurs were beating the Lakers in game five of the Western Conference Finals. "Looks great." He mumbled without even looking. Some battles are just better left unfought.

I got another suitcase full of clothes, fall and winter stuff which in L.A. wasn't much different that the Spring and Summer stuff, some more conservative everyday wear things, plus a dozen pair of shoes. If Abby had a weakness, shoes were it. She would never miss what she had given me.

By the time the game ended, Abby and I had moved to the kitchen and were looking up resources for me to check out when I got back to Texas. I had decided I was going to stay with what I had for now, exploring my limits and getting used to presenting as a girl. The last three days had been magical. The next few weeks would be my chance to see how life would truly be for someone like me. It would also help me figure out exactly what Pete wanted from me and what I wanted from him.

Pete's hands on my shoulders sent a shiver up my spine.

"Did I lose you already?" He kissed my cheek, and I thought my heart was going to stop.

Abby mouthed "I told you." and I burst out laughing.

Pete's hands disappeared from my shoulders, and the temperature in the room dropped ten degrees.

"Pete, I'm sorry." I jumped up and ran to catch him before he could get to the door. Unfortunately, I was still giggling. "Abby said something funny. I wasn't laughing at you. You could never lose me. We will always be friends and as for what we are right now, well, I think we need to talk about that."

He didn't say anything.

"So, did the Spurs win?" I tugged his arm, urging him to turn around.

"Yeah, Murray hit a three at the buzzer." He slowly turned to face me. "So, I didn't screw things up by kissing you like that?"

I shook my head, gasped, and let out a shuddering sigh, biting my lip. Strange, new, wonderful, alien feelings welled up from inside me. I was on a precipice looking out over a vast expanse of unknown with no idea how to proceed, or if I ever wanted to. "You could try again; if you want to."

We stood there looking at each other for what felt like an eternity, both trying to decide what to do.

"All those girls I told you about." He paused and took a deep- breath. I nodded.

"Not, um, not all of them were, um, not all of them were girls."

"Oh." I took his hands in mine. "That maybe sounds like a plus right now to me." I grinned at him.

"You mean you'd be willing to... um, you know?"

"I honestly don't know. Like I said, you and I need to talk about that. What I know is that whatever I'm going through, I want you there with me because that's what best friends do. That, and I want you to kiss me so bad I can taste it."

When his lips touched mine, my universe exploded. I knew lips were sensitive, but this was so far beyond just a physical feeling. Yes, my toes curled, my stomach leapt, my heart raced, all those things. But my soul expanded a thousand-fold only to crash back in on itself and do it all over again. Lost amongst a billion stars. I saw, felt, and heard everything and nothing all at the same time.

My eyes fluttered open as our lips parted, my legs giving out, Pete catching me in his powerful arms, pulling back for another kiss more passionate, more wonderful than the first. I was going to have to change my panties when we got to his apartment.

"Oh my," I gasped when he finally let me go. "Did you kiss those other girls like that?"

"Nope, I've been saving that just for you." He was beaming, and I knew that whatever he wanted, I was going to give him.

"So jealous, so fucking jealous." Abby was laughing behind me.

Pete loaded my suitcase in the car next to the smaller one I had taken from Maggie's truck and Abby gave me an enormous hug, making me promise to put it all to good use and to stay in touch.

"Like I would ever not call my big sister. Besides our 'mom'," I did the air quotes thing, "would kill me." I laughed and hugged her again.

The ride to Pete's apartment was quiet and a little awkward. Neither of us said a word while he moved in and out of traffic and I watched L.A. pass by outside the window. I could tell he was nervous. So was I. The kiss had been amazing. The butterflies in my stomach were the size of eagles.

We had been best friends for years. He had slept in my bed, and I had slept in his. We had seen each other naked more times than most brothers. Evidently, he had been seeing me totally differently than I had been seeing him until that kiss.

Pete's apartment was simple and cleaner than I expected a college bachelor pad to be. He had nice furniture and a huge T.V. that I was guessing he had permanently set to some sports channel. The couch looked comfortable enough, but he carried my suitcases straight through the living room, down the short hall, past the bathroom to his bedroom. I followed him.

"Pete, how long?" He turned and looked at me. "How long have you felt like that about me?"

"I don't know. I've always wanted to protect you and then we became friends and it changed. After my eighteenth birthday party, I just saw you differently."

"What happened after your party? I had to leave early, remember?"

He blushed and smiled. "Tony's car wouldn't start after the party, so he stayed over. We were laying there next to each other talking, you know the stuff, girls we wanted to sleep with and what we wanted to do to them. He touched me. I was hard, and it felt good, so I didn't stop him. Then he took me in his mouth, and it felt even better. The next thing I knew, he was on top of me, and I was inside him. The only thing was, when I closed my eyes, I saw you."

"And that's why Tony was around so much senior year. You slut."

"I really liked it. What can I say? And none of the girls I dated would ever let me in back there."

"So, my bisexual best friend has had the hots for me for two years. Why didn't you ever say anything?"

"Hey Chris, wanna come over so I can fuck your cute little bubble butt? Yeah, I didn't think that would go over too well. I was afraid you wouldn't understand. I didn't want to lose my best friend."

"I don't think I'm ready for that, but it felt wonderful when you kissed me. Maybe we can start there and see where it goes." I pointed to my suitcases. "And I guess I'm not really sleeping on the couch?"

"Not unless you want to."

"Do you promise to behave?" I grinned at him.

"I promise to try."

"Try what?" I laughed.

"To behave." He blushed and grinned. "At least for a little while."

We spent the rest of the afternoon rearranging things in his bedroom, making room for my stuff. I hadn't realized how much Abby had given me.

Pete ordered a pizza, and I called Maggie, Abby, and my mom in that order. Shorter conversations first.

"You sound different, Chris. What's going on?" My mom was always looking for the conspiracy.

"I'm just happy. I haven't felt this relaxed in a long time. I think it has a lot to do with my talk with dad yesterday. He told me he loved me. He hasn't said that in a long time. That and it's good to see Pete again. I didn't realize how much I missed him." I was praying she didn't pick up on the undertones of what I had just said about Pete.

"Your dad was pretty upset when they called us about your car. He even canceled an appointment and left work to come home and be with me. I don't think I've ever seen him that shook up."

"Is he OK? I think he was crying when we hung up."

"He was washing his face when I found him and we're finally going on that cruise he's been promising, so I guess we'll see."

We chatted about stuff for a while longer; I told her about meeting Abby and about my first impressions of L.A. and she told me about the cruise, St. Kitts, Nevis, St. Maarten, my dad was going all out. As we talked, the tone of her voice changed, and she started asking me more and more leading questions I did my best to evade.

"Hey, Pizza's here. Gotta go. I love you, mom." I hung up before she could ask me anything else.

"She knows I'm hiding something from her. What am I going to do?"

Pete's phone rang, and I didn't get to finish my thought.

"Hello Mrs. Archer. Yeah, it's great to have him here." Pete was doing his best not to laugh. He was a master at redirecting her questions, but I guess he had been hiding his sexuality for two years and had more practice than me.

The pizza finally arrived, and I grabbed a couple of beers from the fridge, sitting a little closer to Pete on the couch than I normally did while we noshed on the pie and watched the Angels play the Rangers.

I fell asleep with my head in Pete's lap and awoke in bed in his arms. He had removed my skirt and, somehow, my bra, but my panties and tank top were still in place. Pete had honored his promise to behave. That made me smile almost as much as the feeling of his arm holding me close to his chest.

We had slept in the same bed at least a dozen times but always played that game boys play where you never ever touch the guy next to you. This was a delightful change of pace and something I could easily get used to.

The adhesive on my boobs was doing its job, and I liked the way they bounced as I made my way to the bathroom. When I finished, I Pulled my top over my head, admiring myself I the mirror, especially noting how my boobs made my waist look thinner and accented my hips. Smiling at the pretty girl looking back at me.

I had been so close all this time and had never seen what was right in front of me. All it had taken was different clothes and the realization that it was true; I was just feminine. Maybe I should have always been a girl. I let my hands wander up my stomach and fondled my fake tits, wondering how it would feel when, not if but when, they were real.

"I'm not the only one that needs to behave." Pete wrapped his arms around me from behind, laughing as he nuzzled my neck and kissed my cheek.

I pretended not to watch as he took care of his business, admiring his cock with fresh eyes. I wondered what it would be like to have him inside me. What would he taste like? How would it feel to have him do all the things he had done with Tony with me? Would it hurt? Could I even do it? I let out a massive sigh and looked away as he flushed.

"You have a swimsuit? I was thinking I could show you Venice Beach today." He swatted me on the butt as he moved behind me, shaking me from the lurid fantasies filling my head.

"I'm sure I do. You saw all the stuff Abby gave me." I laughed. "But I need a shower first." It took a little longer than I was used to. I had to take off my forms and clean them and I had to shave, and of course, I had to wash my hair and use conditioner and slather on lotion to keep my skin soft. All those things girls do. I took the time to put on light makeup that I thought would be appropriate for a day at the beach and went to get dressed.