When the Stars Come Crashing Down

Story Info
On the brink of war, a young Princess must find her path.
9.5k words
4.71
4.5k
4

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/13/2023
Created 01/28/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Heavy winds buffeted the withered temple, pelting the wooden structure with a fierce rain that grew in intensity by the minute. The hooded occupant ignored the violent weather, even when the wood surrounding them creaked and groaned in protest. At the center of the dimly lit chapel stood the statue of a goddess, the likeness of which had long ago been worn away by the elements. The stone was cracked and rugged due to ages of neglect, but within the hall the last remnants of its power could still be felt. The woman doffed her hood and glanced up at the blank face, peering into the stone void. She took a knee before the blank-faced statue and clasped her gloved hands together, soft purple eyes sliding shut. In her moment of prayer, a crack of thunder punctured the temple, echoing harshly off the stone walls. She could feel her body absorbing the energy, a peculiar warmth spreading throughout her core and to her extremities. The force was overwhelming, and she clenched her teeth just to bare it, but within seconds the sensation subsided. She slowly climbed to her feet and clutched the statue for support, panting for breath. A violent knock upon the heavy wooden door that separated her from the outside world drew her attention, and with a final glance at the empty stone face, she withdrew from chapel.

"What has happened?" she asked loudly over the roaring storm.

"Commander Cid of the Royal Aegis has arrived Princess. He brings news from King Beren," replied one of her Knights, similarly shouting over the harsh conditions battering the temple.

Princess Lia donned her hood once more, more so to conceal the concern that crept into her face than to protect herself from the unrelenting rain. She immediately set down the cliffside path, flanked on both sides by a handful of her most trusted guards from the Royal Aegis. The inky darkness of the night would occasionally be set ablaze by a tendril of lightning that pierced the clouded sky, briefly illuminating the raging sea that crashed upon the cliffs beside them. In one of those brief moments, far below their current position, Lia could make out a royal vessel moored on the beach. Within a few minutes of following the worn path, the entourage eventually plunged into a forest, leaving the derelict temple behind to fend for itself. It didn't take long for the Princess and her group to come upon Cid's makeshift camp, as they spotted the fire from afar. She passed through a platoon of Cid's guards that gave way to her, opening a path to reveal the Commander himself who stood a head taller or more than everyone in the vicinity.

"Greetings Princess," said Cid, his head bowing slightly to acknowledge her.

"Greetings Commander. What business is urgent enough for my father to send you to me personally?"

Cid straightened up, backlit by the crackling campfire, casting his gaze down upon the Princess. Between the imposing height, slick platinum blonde hair pulled into a ponytail and the stones of emerald that served as his eyes, Cid was quite the sight to behold. Even his pointed ears, adorned with muted black piercings, were interesting to study and gaze upon. The ornate plate armor he wore, ashen black and trimmed with gold, clanked as he turned away for a moment to retrieve a scroll of parchment from one of his men. He turned back toward the Princess and extended it toward her, the royal seal unbroken. Lia took it and broke the seal at once, surprised to find her father's familiar handwriting instead of that of the court scribe.

"This can't be," Lia muttered seconds later, looking up at Cid as she absentmindedly closed the scroll.

"I'm afraid it's true Princess, the Orc Warchief sends warning of impending conflict. We have heard whispers that his son already moves against us. I'm to return you safely to Meidell at once," Cid replied.

"But my pilgrimage has only just started! I should see it through before returning to my father's side," Lia shot back while encroaching upon Cid's personal space, her purple hues beginning to glow.

"Were you successful in acquiring the blessing from the temple here, Princess?"

Lia stood down and studied her hands, the gloves soaked through and weighed down by the rain. But behind the fabric she could feel the energy from the temple statue crawling across her flesh, imbuing her with a power that would take time to harness, let alone control. It was important for her, now more than ever, to see this journey through, to find greater strength with which she could defend her father's kingdom. But the risk was too great for her own safety. Cid observed her come to terms with both her newfound gift and the situation at hand, raising a gauntlet into the air for all to see.

"The King will be pleased to hear this my Lady. Let us set sail at once."

As if on cue the small army of men surrounding them jumped into action, breaking down the temporary camp as quickly as it had sprung up during Lia's time sequestered away in the temple. Minutes later their entire force was on the march toward the dark beach, leaving nothing behind on the island but smoldering embers.

---

The vessel shuddered amidst the violent swells of the sea, routinely tossing the ship's crew and the elven army about the decks and cabins. Somewhere up above her Lia imagined Cid was busy setting course for Meidell, capital city of the Ashilan Kingdom. With a sigh of relief, she reclined within the wooden basin, grateful for the peace granted by her private cabin and the steamed water she now resided in. A small, dull mirror was affixed to the rim of the tub opposite of her and she peered into it, searching for answers. The reflection of a fair skinned half-breed looked back, with ears that weren't so pointed as her father's, a slender nose that hung over a pair of delicate lips and a set of purple hued eyes that were as attractive as they were mystifying, all of which was shrouded in a cloak of shoulder length tresses the color of a raven's feather.

Lia moved past examining her own features quickly but her unwavering gaze remained on her reflection, instead pondering the gravity of the situation laid out before her. War would soon ravage her lands and there would be no telling how severe the casualties could be by the time she made it home; it had taken a full cycle of the moon just to reach the island they found themselves retreating from, and now they traveled through inclement weather which would assuredly slow them down. Still deep in thought, she began to scrub her body with the perfumed water which smelled of vanilla, a deep frown furrowing her brow.

After the bath Lia found herself studying an old map of the kingdom by candlelight, clad only in a black silk robe that fell open as she bent over the wooden desk. The map was hard to read, what with the frayed text and folded lines obscuring the features, but she searched diligently for what seemed like a half hour or more. Eventually she traced a slender finger over a piece of land she estimated would be roughly near the area they would soon pass by. The land was remote, a secluded mass at the far edge of the kingdom she was unfamiliar with, a place so seldom visited even by merchants it possessed no name. The only geographical feature of note was a range of mountains that was surrounded on every side by dense forest. The forest bordered the Red Desert to the East, the official boundary limit of the Ashilan Kingdom highlighted by the bold dashed line that separated safety on one side and danger on the other.

She straightened up and pondered her options, curling her fingers into a fist. It wouldn't do much good to return home in a time of war as weak as she was, there was still so much more to learn. Lia focused her eyes on her clenched fist, watching as her fingertips dug deeply into the palm, to the point where the nails began to break skin. She focused her mind on a common object stowed deep down in her satchel across the room, one that was uninteresting and found in everyday life. A pained grunt pushed through gritted teeth as her fist began to glow with a dull green hue, and just as soon as the color appeared it vanished. Lia gingerly uncurled her fingers and found a malformed quill within her palm, a misshapen and off-color utensil that soon crumbled into a small pile of dirt. She brushed her hands together with a sigh and a shake of the head, unimpressed even with her first effort. There was more to learn than she thought.

A knock at the door interrupted Lia's musings. She fastened the robe around her torso and swept across the room, opening the door herself to reveal a pair of knights flanking a burly deckhand. The strange human's expression of curiosity quickly morphed into that of apprehension as he instantly realized who she was. Lia looked both of her knights in the eyes before stepping aside in the doorway, offering the strange man an encouraging nod into her cabin. He responded without word and crossed the threshold into his Princess' chambers, the door to which she closed behind them after her men took up station outside of it.

"My Lady," the man started as he turned on his heel to face her, but he was cut off as Lia placed a slender finger on his lips.

With her free hand Lia loosened the sash that bound the robe to her torso, and she watched as the man's eyes broke away from her own and slid down her front to delight in her nudity. He openly ogled her bare breasts, and Lia invited him to touch them rather than stand idly by, taking one of his large hands in her own and relocating it to her chest. His calloused fingers found purchase on her soft body and he began to knead her ample breast in circles, her supple skin brushing up against the rough creases of his palm. Lia cooed for him as he squashed her breast repeatedly, and then trailed the finger that had silenced him before down to his groin, outlining the growing erection that tented his trousers. She watched as the last vestiges of trepidation drained from his gaze, and he lurched forward to embrace her with a desperate kiss.

His hunger for her was laid bare as their lips crashed together, their tongues danced fervently, and her fingers curled around his aching desire. She couldn't recall exactly when she'd snuck inside of his waistband, but she was glad she did, as his cock overflowed her palm, and it was all she could do to wrap her slender fingers around his width. She stroked him with the same energy he groped her with, and the man grunted his contentment into her mouth. Lia responded by playfully chewing on his lip and swirling a delicate fingertip on the underside of his swollen member, eliciting a gasp from the deckhand. She could feel a thin stream of his arousal coating her knuckles, a small grin sneaking into her lips as the man was starting to melt within her grasp. She broke away from his embrace to relieve him of his trousers properly, and after he stepped out of them, she grabbed him around the base and slowly walked him over to her bed.

Lia faced away from the stranger and playfully disrobed, watching over her shoulder his eyes that traveled her body from head to toe and back as all her skin was revealed to him. She pirouetted slowly and sank to her knees, one leg before the other, her eyes focused intensely on his as her hand once again gripped him by the base. She tested his mettle with a curious lick, her tongue finding the head of his cock without breaking their stare, her purple hues slanted and unwavering. A shockwave ripped through the man, and it was all he could do to remain upright within her clutches. She drew him into her mouth at an excruciatingly slow pace, torturing him with an elongated tease that eventually broke him, his eyes diverting to one of the walls of her cabin. Inwardly Lia smirked, but she was only just beginning.

The Princess displaced the buildup of saliva in her mouth when she suddenly and violently slammed the stranger into her throat, drawing a loud moan from the man who was fighting an unwinnable battle. Thin streams of warm saliva oozed from the corners of her mouth and splattered on the wood floor beneath them. She retreated until he was vacated from her throat and replaced where her mouth had been with her hand, lightly stroking the soaked shaft within her clenched fist. Lia repeated the process, opening her greedy mouth to this strange man over and over again, each recurrence seeing her gouge herself on his erection faster and with increased force. The man's hips were swinging to meet her face by this point, and she responded by wrapping her free arm around his waist, pulling him even closer as he did so.

She eventually came up for air, panting lightly but otherwise none the worse for wear, even with the tears welled up in the corners of her violet eyes. She allowed the muscle bound man some reprieve, letting her fingers and lips fall away from his throbbing member and he stood up straight, chest heaving uncontrollably. Lia took the time to rise to her feet to lift the man's shirt up and over his head, tossing it aside. His body was solid muscle resulting from a lifetime of physical labor, thick leathery skin burnt from long days exposed to the sun. She assessed him with newfound glee and pushed him backward onto the bed, formally inviting him to spend the night with her.

"My Lady," he said again, sitting up in mock protest, "we shouldn't do this."

Lia climbed her lithe body into his lap and pushed him once more into the bed until he laid supine on the furs decorating it, his legs instinctively spreading for her. She was perched right above his throbbing erection, and she encircled it with her fingers and began stroking him tenderly, her fierce eyes locked onto his. He couldn't help but groan as she continued to torture him in the most pleasurable way imaginable.

"I'm not interested in your name, but tell it to me anyway," Lia said coolly.

"Nathaniel, my Lady."

"I trust you will tell nobody about this night Nathaniel. Am I correct to trust you?"

"Yes, my Lady."

Pleased with his answer, Lia lowered her hips onto him even further, until his head met her lips; they were beyond engorged and in need, the Princess' arousal freely flowing onto the man who was no longer a stranger in theory only. They gasped in unison, and Nathaniel took the opportunity to thrust his hips, but before he could place himself within her Lia recoiled and relocated him to her only remaining orifice he had yet to be introduced to. The confusion on his face was replaced with an unforgettable expression of shock and awe moments later when she guided him into a space tighter than any he was sure to meet, in this lifetime or the next.

"Princess, why are--"

"We are not wed Nathaniel; I cannot give you what isn't yours."

The true realization set in, but it was hard to tell by the expression on his face that saw his mouth go agape as he attempted to choke down a moan that was desperate to escape his bulging throat. Lia grit her teeth together as she further lowered herself onto his cock, pressing her torso close to his. She clamped her knees to his sides and ducked her hips, modifying the angle slightly until he found a new depth within her, and she came to a momentary rest. She could feel him throbbing violently within her backside, the delicious pulsation coaxing more liquid from her body. She allowed herself to pant into his ear as she continued, bucking her hips upon his, beginning to ride him with fervor.

The ship would regularly creak and groan as it ferried them across the sea, but not nearly as loudly as the Princess' bed did at this moment. Nathaniel was pressed so deeply inside of her that his moans were incessant at this point, and the report was beautiful court music to her ears. She nibbled upon his lobe in between the short, rapid thrusts of his cock inside of her tight hole, occasionally invading his ear with the tip of her tongue.

"My Lady, I'm going to finish soon," Nathaniel managed to choke out in between groans.

Lia raised herself up until she sat above him, his lap serving as her temporary throne. He placed his wrangled hands on her hips to hold her steady, and she contorted her lips into a grin when he looked up at her. She rocked her hips with more power than before, lifting her butt from his lap only to slam it back down a split second later, allowing him unhindered access to stroke the entirety of his length within her tiny hole. She echoed his moans of contentment and lost herself within the moment, her eyes sliding shut. She placed a hand in between her legs and felt herself, massaging her tender lips, drawing closer to her own climax. Nathaniel's hips were bucking wildly, forcing his intrusion so deep inside her she could feel him in her stomach. Her breath caught and his did too, and she blindly felt for his mouth with her free hand, finding it a split second before a cacophony of sailor curses filled her palm.

Even in darkness Lia saw exploding lights as she reached her climax, a dazzling display that caused her senses to swim in a pool of murky pleasure. Her body vibrated atop his as the waves of bliss crashed upon her, causing her shoulders to shudder. She was biting so deeply upon her lower lip in an attempt to stifle her moans that she drew blood, the pungent aroma of iron invading her mouth and nose. She opened her eyes and slowly raised her hips, withdrawing him from within herself until their bodies disconnected from one another. Lia stood on uncertain legs and slipped back into her robe, looking down at the man who was beside himself, lost in a world of boundless rapture. She was overflowing with his warm seed and could feel it seeping out of her body as she moved; another bath would soon be in order. Lia collected his clothes from the floor and tossed them at Nathaniel right as he sat up from her bed, disheveled and disoriented.

"You did well Nathaniel, thank you. Remember, your Princess is grateful for your silence."

---

"My Lady, with all due respect, I cannot allow you to do this. My orders are to return you to the capital at once," Cid protested calmly, fixing his emerald gaze on the Princess.

Lia stood with her feet planted on the unstable dock, the black cloak she was wrapped in blowing in the fierce wind. A dull sun hung high above them, unable to penetrate the thick cloud coverage, leaving a gloomy grey sky behind in its absence. She placated Cid with a gentle smile, slipping one of her small hands within one of his massive gauntlets.

"I appreciate the concern, but I can take care of myself Commander. I won't be gone for more than a few days at most, and I promise we will sail straight for Meidell upon my return."

"If you're going to do this, at least take a few members of the Royal Aegis with you."

Lia shook her head and instead produced her crown from the satchel slung across her body, the thin golden ornament adorned with a few dazzling sapphires and a large amethyst set in the front that matched the color of her eyes. She hardly ever wore it atop her hair anyway since she found it to be less imposing to the subjects in her company if she wore it across her forehead, so that much of it would be covered by her hair. But the times had changed, and it was better to go without it entirely in favor of remaining anonymous. Cid replaced her hand with the crown, cradling it delicately between his armored hands, his eyes betraying the concern he harbored within.

"For when I return," the Princess said softly.

---

It was midday by the time Lia reached the first sign of civilization, it being a rundown tavern squatting at the foot of an impressive mountain range. A handful of smaller buildings and homes flanked the large establishment, scattered throughout the trees and even carved into the side of the mountains. She had navigated a thick forest full of precarious terrain to reach this place and emerged covered in a healthy amount of dirt and sweat to prove it, but her determination never wavered. A few people of various races milled about outside the establishment, but they paid the nondescript hooded woman no mind as she quietly slipped inside the building. The inside of the tavern matched the tone of the building's exterior, a drab expanse of a room that was far too cold for Lia's liking. A certain level of malevolence was to be expected in corners of the world such as this, but despite knowing this she was taken by surprise to witness a bar brawl between two drunken occupants before even finding her own seat. Lia quickly shuffled to the far end of the bar and perched herself upon an uncomfortable stool that dug painfully into the back of her thighs. All she was after was some information and perhaps a quick meal and then she would be on her way.