When the Stars Come Crashing Down Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Edea filled the Princess' hand with her own, gently interlocking their fingers. Lia looked up to find the young woman fighting back tears, her brilliant blue eyes swimming in a sea of both relief and despair. She clenched Edea's hand and pulled her into a tight embrace, arms surrounding her slender frame, filling her companion with an unspoken reassurance.

---

The pair of orcs stalked through the forest, following closely behind the pets that had led them on a winding, nonsensical path through the trees. Hours had passed since they departed Grosh's side and the sun was beginning to set, casting deep shadows in every direction. But they were hot on the trail after disembarking from the summit of the mountain, their trackers having caught onto the scent. The pets became more energetic with each step, noses held close to the ground, the pace quickening. They were closing in on their prey.

Soon, there would be no survivors left.

---

Cid and his forces marched through the forest, heavy armor of a few dozen Knights clanking with every step the detachment took. They cut through meadows and overgrowth, crossed streams and emerged from a deep valley all before the sun began to set. They eventually happened upon a clearing and came to a rest just on the precipice of it to maintain their cover, his men fatigued and in need of recuperation. As the Knights of the Royal Aegis halted their movements and found mercy at the bottom of their skins of water, Cid held a spyglass up to his eye and surveyed the area ahead. Mary was brought up from the rear of the formation by one of the Knights and stood by the Commander's side, wringing her hands together, shoulders bunched up.

"Are you certain we are close to where you saw the Princess?" Cid asked calmly, slowly sweeping the spyglass from side to side.

"Yes, I am sure of it my Lord," Mary responded quietly, anxiously glancing out across the clearing. The proximity to her home, and in turn the horde that had destroyed it, brought her great restlessness.

"Very well," Cid said, removing the spyglass from his face. He turned and motioned to one of his men, who in turn grabbed Mary by the arm.

"My men will escort you back to the fishing village. When I return with the Princess, we will set sail for the capital."

Mary nodded and turned away quickly, eager to leave the land behind. Cid watched as more than half of his forces turned and marched away with the woman, disappearing into a thicket of trees. Only a dozen or so men remained with the Commander, a lighter unit which in theory should prove to be nimbler to maneuver within the confines of the trees. The tall elven man allowed his men to rest for a few minutes more as he stood watch, arms folded across his chest. As darkness began to penetrate the leaves, leaving large portions of the forest in silhouette, he let the arms drop from his chest and relocated his right hand to the pommel of his sword. There it would rest for the remainder of the trip into the unknown.

"On your feet men. Let's move."

---

Lia peeked through a small crack in one of the boarded-up windows, observing the hazy sunset from within the safety of the ramshackle house. It would soon be nightfall and that's when they would make their move, she reckoned, under the cover of complete darkness. They would have one chance to make it safely back to Cid and his ship, and they could ill afford the attempt being ruined due to being mistimed. She roughly estimated they had an hour or so remaining until it would be time to make their escape, but it was hard to tell with the ashen smoke still swirling through the air, obscuring her view of the sky.

The Princess turned back toward the dark living room, the fire having long since been extinguished. The home was not as cold as it had been in the morning, but it was cold enough for her to tuck into her cloak and hold herself close, slowly sliding to the floor. She pulled her knees close to her chest and shivered, counting the minutes until she and Edea could leave. Many thoughts raced through her mind as she counted, watching as what little light remained within the four walls was slowly sucked out of existence.

She wondered what Cid and his men were doing now. Was it possible they were unaware of the town's demise? Or were they busy planning a surprise attack on the army? Lia couldn't estimate for sure the number of men in Cid's employ, but she was certain it paled in comparison to what she saw from the mountaintop yesterday. The force she had observed was nearly insurmountable, it would take the entirety of the realm's men, horses and supplies to combat it. If word did not reach the mainland soon, she feared her father's kingdom would be in serious jeopardy.

Just as her brows began to point together in a deep frown, Edea appeared from the bedroom draped in a blanket and stood before her, her eyes finding Lia's.

"Would you like some company my Lady?" she asked, a soft smile on her face.

The Princess nodded, and Edea accepted the invitation by sitting next to her, their shoulders touching. It grew colder by the minute inside the home, but it was nice to feel the young woman's warmth. Silently they grew closer, the two elven women huddling together, sharing their heat. They sat underneath the blanket Edea eventually drew over them, trapping the warmth within their shared cocoon.

"How is that my Lady?" Edea asked.

"This is much better, thank you," Lia responded, feeling slowly returning to her fingertips.

Edea nodded and silence fell between them once more. Lia was diligent in keeping count of the minutes, but as she rested her head upon the blonde woman's shoulder, who in turn rested her chin on the Princess' head, she started to lose track once her eyes came to a close. The young woman was so soft and warm, it was a struggle for the Princess to concentrate as she felt herself drifting off to sleep.

"Tell me about yourself Edea," Lia whispered.

"Yes, my Lady. I was born far across the sea, but I do not know who my parents are. I was brought here when I was just a girl, and I was raised as an orphan on a farm not too far from here. My adopted parents passed away a few years ago when the ship carrying them sank off the coast. I have been on my own ever since."

"I am sorry about your parents. Aman," Lia responded softly.

"Thank you, my Lady. I found work around town, mostly at the tavern, and many of my nights were spent serving drunks. Until one day I ventured up that mountain, and...well, you found me," Edea said quietly, her voice trailing off.

"I am happy that I did."

"As am I, my Lady. Thank you again."

Lia fell quiet, pressing her body closer to Edea's, driving her head from the woman's shoulder down toward her breast. Her face now rested on her companion's chest, the soft heartbeat of the young elf filling the Princess' ear. The unassuming rhythm began to quicken its pace, the heart lightly thumping against Lia's body. The Princess opened her eyes and stared ahead at the blanket, her thoughts swirling.

"Are you well Edea?" Lia asked quietly.

"I am well my Lady. Might I be of service to you tonight?" Edea responded, her voice low and breathy.

The suggestion brought to mind the nightmare Lia had endured earlier that day, causing her to squeeze her thighs together at the thought, a knot of guilt twisting within her stomach. She had shied away from reflecting upon the meaning behind the dream, unwilling to entertain the carnal thoughts in fear of them corrupting her further.

"No, that will not be necessary," Lis responded halfheartedly.

"You moaned for me while you slept today. Are you certain you do not want my service?"

Edea's words twisted the knot even tighter, until the fibers screamed in protest, equal parts guilt and want flooding the Princess. Before she had a chance to speak, she felt Edea's soft lips on the side of her head, the tender kiss heating Lia to her very core.

"This is wrong Edea," Lia said softly, barely believing the words she spoke, "you do not have to do this."

"You saved my life, my Lady. Please allow me to show you my appreciation."

The Princess didn't have a decent response ready in time before she felt the soft lips on her face again, this time much closer to her mouth. Lia's own heart began to beat faster, catching up to and matching the pace of the one thumping against the side of her head. She tilted her head up toward the young elf and found her deep blue eyes, searching them intently. Edea returned the gaze for a moment, a reassuring smile on her lips, before she brought her mouth down once more and found the lips of the Princess.

True heat spread between them as their lips formed a union, and Lia felt herself let go as Edea took the lead, the young elf managing to inflict a small crack in the Princess' barrier. Lia sighed into Edea's mouth as they embraced, the gentle kiss turning into a tender affair as their lips moved quicker and with more energy by the second. The women's tongues vacated their own mouths and invaded the other's, engaged in a playfight that saw the small muscles constrict, contract and collide all around one another.

They straightened up and began to disrobe as they kissed, eager to expose their skin to the cold air as long as they did it together. Their cloaks hit the floor and Edea began to grope Lia through her royal garments, only a rich velvet tunic separating her from the Princess' breasts. Lia groaned into Edea's mouth, the hungry utterance encouraging the young elf to continue. She obliged without hesitation, breaking away from their embrace to help the Princess out of her top, setting her breasts free. She was well endowed but not obscenely so, though each one still overflowed her palms as she groped the dark-haired woman with both hands.

Lia tilted her head back and moaned softly, closing her eyes as Edea continued to tantalize her. She felt a warm, wet tongue claim her right nipple with a quick swirl, and then a soft pair of lips quickly followed suit, trapping the erect knob within a moist cavern. The light suction was such that Lia physically felt herself becoming aroused, becoming hyper aware of a distinct wetness that began to secrete from her. Perhaps Edea could sense it too, for she began to run a hand down the Princess' front, tracing delicate fingers over the half-breed's smooth skin. When Edea's hand met the waistband of Lia's trousers, the Princess obliged by opening her legs to her, allowing her the access she sought.

The blonde woman wasted no time in accepting the invitation, slipping her hand into Lia's trousers and delighting in the heat contained therein. Her slender fingers first found purchase upon a thigh, teasing her companion with a squeeze though continuing to please her with her mouth and tongue, still holding the nipple hostage. But she would soon relent, bringing her hand to rest upon the mound perched above the source of Lia's heat, ready to spring into action at any moment. Lia brought her head back up, panting in anticipation, her breasts heaving directly into Edea's face.

Edea detached her mouth from the Princess' chest, causing her to whimper as her nipple went cold, but she was quickly silenced as their mouths crashed together once more. In that moment, Edea's fingers trailed lower and began to slip within the wet folds of Lia's vagina, intimately touching the woman in a way only she herself had done before. The Princess' moan of pleasure was stifled, escaping down Edea's throat as their tongues danced ferociously, the two women trapped in a spiral of lust that flushed their cheeks and drove the breath from their lungs. As the heat underneath the blanket was becoming unbearable, Lia escaped its confines, her torso reemerging into the cold, dark living room of the humble abode.

Down below remained her companion, the golden-haired elf hellbent on pleasuring the Princess no matter the obstacle. Lia felt her every movement as if they were magnified tenfold, those soft, delicate fingers exploring her every nook and cranny. She was so caught up in the excitement she hardly noticed as Edea paused to remove the trousers that hid her jewel from view, fighting to catch her breath the whole time. But the woman soon resumed, still hidden beneath the blanket as her fingers explored the Princess' tight opening, a curious fingertip easing the hole apart.

The breath caught in Lia's throat, her eyes falling on the wall far across the room. Seconds later that same finger penetrated the Princess, stretching her apart farther than she had ever been, feeling herself greedily clamp upon Edea's knuckle. A string of curses tumbled from Lia's lips as she began to gyrate upon the finger, the tiny extremity slowly sliding in and out of her body. As if that were too pedestrian, a new sensation joined the mix, one Lia was intimately familiar with.

The Princess clamped a hand over her own mouth as she felt Edea's tongue find her most sensitive area, a slow and deliberate probing of the engorged button hiding between her taut thighs. Without warning she was unraveling, her legs quivering uncontrollably, fingers digging into her jaw to keep herself from howling her contentment. Lia's body was on fire, every nerve ending melting in simultaneous combustion as she reached her climax, stars appearing before her very eyes.

Edea emerged from the blanket soon thereafter, gasping for breath, clumps of golden hair matted to her forehead. Her sapphire blue orbs were vibrant and warm, though a deep blush accompanied the sheepish grin on her face. Lia was unable to form words and was barely able to support herself on her palms, her arms wavering as her fingers dug into the stone. The coy grin soon disappeared from Edea's face though, replaced with a stern, stoic gaze as her face began to lower once more.

Lia sat transfixed by what she saw, her mind registering the events as if they were occurring in real time, though in reality she had fallen behind by several moments. It wasn't until she watched the tongue enter her body that she understood what was happening, and by then Edea had resumed pleasuring the Princess with fervor for half a minute or more. It caught up to Lia in the blink of an eye and snapped her out of her stupor, the sound returning to her ears. Edea was heedless in the way she consumed the Princess, her tongue licking and smacking a chorus of lewd noises that filled the barren home. Edea groaned from her position in between Lia's legs, enjoying the delicacy immensely, using her slender fingers to spread apart the thick lips she dined upon.

She retracted the tongue from Lia's body and began to lick those very lips that remained splayed apart, eyeing the pink skin closely, adamant in tasting every single inch. She alternated in between short, quick swipes of her tongue and long, exploratory strokes that saw her maneuver her deft muscle up and down the entirety of Lia's opening, collecting every drop of warm arousal within her mouth. She would occasionally glance up at the Princess as she did so, fixing the woman with her deep blue pools that resembled ocean water aflame, her eyes burning with passionate lust.

Lia was beside herself, nibbling upon her tongue to keep from crying out while she rocked her hips. One of her hands found the back of Edea's head, slender fingers twisting within the golden locks. The Princess held her in place as she grinded her vagina upon the succulent mouth that was delivering to her the greatest pleasure she was aware of; the two women locked eyes best they could while this occurred, Edea's tongue flexed and stuck out for the Princess to enjoy as she saw fit. Lia could only stand the treatment for a few moments more, watching the tongue repeatedly split her lips to nestle and swirl around her swollen clit, before she reached another otherworldly orgasm.

A torrent of warm liquid jettisoned from the Princess' opening, her muscles violently contracting, her bare ass raising off the floor. She once again covered her mouth and this time she screamed into it as wave after wave of heavenly euphoria crashed down upon her, overwhelming her every sense. Tears began to well up in the corners of her eyes as the sensation overtook her, the purples hues hiding as the Princess hung her head behind a drape of black hair. Lia collapsed onto the stone floor, a profound wetness still leaking from her core, her thighs and stomach vibrating as her orgasm carried her through every stage of rapture.

Edea rose above her, coming to rest on her heels as she panted for breath. Lia turned her head and looked up just in time to watch the young elf curiously lick the finger she had explored the Princess with, that heavenly tongue tasting her very essence. A deep blush filled Edea's cheeks and she wiped her mouth with the back of her sleeve, tearing her eyes away from Lia's weary gaze.

"Was my service adequate, my Lady?" Edea asked quietly, her cheeks still burning.

Lia was still reeling from the throes of passion that attempted to carry her away into a different realm, but she steeled herself against the tide and sat up upon her elbows, accosting her companion with a bewildered expression.

"Adequate? I have known no greater pleasure than what your mouth provides. It was far beyond adequate," Lia said sternly.

"You honor me with your praise, my Lady."

The two women embraced the silence between them with their emotions spiraling high, before succumbing to one last passionate kiss the night would allow, the final seconds of a count long since forgotten passing by unbeknownst to them both.

---

Night had fallen, a pervasive darkness pressing through the trees, obscuring the finer details of the forest. The pair of orcs reached the edge of a clearing in the woods and on the far side of the open area, nestled in a grove of trees hidden at the bottom of a hill, stood a nondescript home. The sight of the structure was all the confirmation they needed, though the tracking animals they followed behind began to snarl in its direction, having picked up the strongest scent yet. One of the orcs pointed at the home and grunted a garbled word to the animals, and the beasts broke away, sprinting at full tilt.

---

The Royal Aegis bounded into a dark meadow with Commander Cid leading the formation, their greaves clanking softly upon the tall grass. They maneuvered without the assistance of torches to light their way, forgoing the light source in exchange for stealth. In the distance Cid was convinced he saw a pair of large shadows, and he held up a cautionary gauntlet, halting his men behind him. The Knights all ducked down into the overgrowth, surveying the scene from afar. Several seconds passed with the nightlife of the forest being the only sounds to meet their ears, until the unmistakable howl of a wolf pierced the night. Cid found his feet first, eyes frantically scanning the pitch-black forest before him. He found the source of the howl, his eyes landing on a pair of wolves far off to his right, the animals closing in on a small home he assumed the Princess was taking shelter in.

"On your left Commander!" shouted one of his Knights, and Cid whirled on the spot, finding two pairs of glowing red eyes stalking them from behind a tree line close to their left flank.

Cid wracked his brain quickly for the best possible outcome given their situation and began to mentally divide his force within his head. As he did so, the orcs stepped from behind the cover of darkness and emerged into the opening, standing a head or two taller than even himself. Even in the darkness the Commander could recognize the pair of axes each member of the duo wielded, jagged blades soaked with blood. Cid unsheathed his sword with fervor and his men followed suit, the dozen that remained within him prepared for death at a moment's notice. With his free hand the Commander dug into a small pouch and produced the roll of parchment he penned earlier, handing it to one of his Knights.