Where No One Has Gone Before Pt. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Thank you," Jim said. "And may I say you look quite... good... yourself?"

"You may," Mishita said, kissing him on the cheek. She stepped back and looked at me before speaking. "You remember my second, Commander Ra'al," she said, motioning to the plant-being.

"Yes, of course," I said. "It is a pleasure to meet you in... person... Commander." I thought I detected the hint of a smile in the way Ra'al's leaves shifted.

"And a pleasure to meet you. You are the first humanoid from Earth I have encountered. Please pardon me for not reaching out, but my leaves emit a dew that would be... detrimental... to your covering," he said, his voice emanating from speakers in his cart.

"That is one of the reasons we prefer to work in our natural state," Mishita said. "Will your pilot be joining us?"

"No, Commander," I said. "He has duties to attend while we meet."

"I understand. We have a designated companion if you feel he requires some... company," Mishita said. Designated companion? What the hell is that? I kept my thoughts to myself.

"That won't be necessary, but thank you for the offer," I said, smiling.

"Very well, but please let me know if you change your mind," Mishita said. "Please, join me." She turned, and we followed her and her entourage to a lift. When we got inside, I noticed one of the females with her had a strange green tattoo between her breasts, and I made a note to ask about that.

"Commander's quarters," Mishita commanded. Suddenly, the lift moved - first up, then laterally. I could detect the change in direction and wondered where we were headed. Finally, the lift stopped, and the doors opened.

We walked into a spacious, well-appointed room. I saw a portrait on one wall of a nude blonde woman sitting next to a bushy plant with a dozen enormous penis-like appendages. I had seen her image before, in one of the genetic memories Kyra had retrieved from Jim's father. Mishita noticed where I was looking.

"That is Queen Tere, the woman this vessel was named after," Mishita said. "The Gingravik next to her was her loyal and beloved consort, Lord Bernard. All of the humanoids on this ship owe their existence to her. As well as all the humanoid beings in the Empire."

"You speak of them in the past tense, Commander," I observed.

"Yes. They lived in harmony for many years and produced many offspring. She died not long ago, and her consort followed her. She was beloved by everyone, human and Gingravik alike, and her image spawned millions of erections across the Empire," Mishita said. "I can only hope to be half the woman she was."

"She was the epitome of human femininity," Ra'al added as he wheeled beside us. "We have hope because of her, and her image continues to produce multiple ejaculations. She was the one who proved that Gingravik and humans could live and work together in peace and lasting harmony. She will always be honored in our memory, along with Marsook the Magnificent."

"I see," I said quietly. I had no idea who or what this Marsook was, and I was curious to learn more about this Tere woman. And what was this about erections and multiple ejaculations? What kind of a society is this? I kept my thoughts to myself, though, not wanting to offend our hosts. I saw a green mark between Tere's breasts, similar to one I had seen on one of the women who escorted us to Mishita's quarters.

"What is that?" I asked, pointing at the mark. "I saw that on one of the other women earlier."

"That is her mating mark," Ra'al explained. "Do Earthlings not mate?"

"Yes we do, but we usually wear rings, like these," I said, holding up my left hand.

"Rings can be removed at will, Captain," Mishita said. "The mating mark cannot. It also holds a genetic sample of the wearer's mate."

"Interesting," I said. "What happens if they divorce?"

"Divorce?" Ra'al asked. "I am not familiar with that term."

"It's when a married couple splits up," I said.

"That does not happen in Gingravik culture, Captain," Mishita said. "Once we mate, it is for life."

"I see," I told her. "And she was... mated... to this Lord Bernard for life?"

"Yes, she was," Ra'al said. "Their story is a testament of true love that transcends space, time, and the line between species. They never knew how much their love inspired our people. It is a shame she never got to leave her native Earth," Ra'al added quietly.

"She was from Earth?" I asked, surprised.

"Yes," Mishita answered. "She was the Queen Mother of the Gingravik Prefect of Earth for more than 80 years. She founded it in the early part of your 21st century, and dedicated her life to the Gingravik cause."

"I've never heard of this Gingravik Prefect of Earth," I said. "Where was it located?"

"It still exists," Mishita said. "But it has remained hidden from prying eyes since the war. And I am not at liberty to disclose its location."

"War? What war?" I asked, totally confused.

"In the early part of your 21st century, one of your major powers embarked on a war of conquest against one of its neighbors, threatening your planet with nuclear annihilation. At the opening of that war, this power took Queen Tere and her contingent captive. She told them who she was and explained that she was on a mission of peace aboard an unarmed neutral vessel, but they didn't believe her.

"They threatened her and her contingent with all manner of vile things, including rape and murder. But she stood firm against them and rebuffed their filthy advances.

"Squads of D'o'wr were dispatched, augmented by Lord Bernard and a hybrid named Jake. They rescued the Queen and the others with her. Vessels were dispatched to deal with this power, and they were able to stop the war and put the madman responsible for it on trial for interstellar war crimes.

"He was convicted, then returned to his native land, where he spent the rest of his miserable life behind bars in the worst prison his country ran. The Queen was recognized for her valor, and Jake was named a Hero of the Gingravik Empire, the first to be so designated in many of your years.

"Sometime after the war, the High Council classified the incident, and the Prefect went into hiding, choosing to never again interfere with the affairs of humanity. They have spent the last ninety of your years working to improve the Gingravik race while observing human events, hoping for the day when our species could once again come together in mutual understanding," Mishita explained.

"But I don't understand something," I stated. "If this Prefect went into hiding, how did you come to be... here?"

"At the end of that war, 25 female human embryos were placed on one of the ships dispatched to Earth, along with a contingent of 'matrons' who would look after them. They brought those embryos to the home world, where they were incubated and allowed to grow unimpeded by the problems facing your planet.

"My grandmother was one of those 25 embryos. And, I am told, she was a direct descendant of Queen Tere and Lord Bernard. From what I have been told, they were quite... active... throughout their relationship, which lasted until their death," Mishita said. I saw a slight familial resemblance between Mishita and the woman in the portrait.

"So how long have the Gingravik known about Earth?" I asked.

"A long time. The Gingravik have known about the human race for about 600 of your years now," Mishita replied. 600 years? I felt like I could be knocked over with a feather. "Ah, our meal has arrived. Please, join me at the table."

"I must return to my post now, Commander," Ra'al said. "With your permission, of course."

"Of course, Ra'al," Mishita said. "Please report if you need anything."

"Yes, I will. Captain, it has been an honor to meet you."

"And you as well, Commander," I said. Realizing it was nearly time to check in with Elizabeth, I excused myself. "I need to check in with my ship," I told Mishita.

"Of course, Captain," she said, pressing a button on her wristband. "The channel is open for you."

"Thank you," I told her as I pinged Elizabeth.

"Enterprise, Commander Travers speaking," she said.

"Captain Jones, Number Two. Just checking in. Everything is fine. We're preparing to eat now."

"Enjoy your meal, Captain," Elizabeth said.

"We will, thanks. What's your status?"

"All systems green so far. Nothing to report," she said.

"Very well. I'll check back in an hour. Captain Jones out."

"Enterprise out," Elizabeth responded, closing the channel.

I watched as Ra'al turned in his cart and left Mishita's quarters, then joined her, Kyra, and Jim at the large table. We waited for her to sit before taking our places, and I considered the food placed before me. It smelled delicious, and I saw what appeared to be tiny shrimp in some kind of sauce.

"This looks good," I said.

"Thank you," Mishita said. "These crustaceans are native to the home world. The humans there consume them in great quantities, and when ground and mixed with nitrogen, the shells provide an excellent fertilizer for the Gingravik soil."

"Everybody wins," I replied.

"Yes, they do," Mishita responded. We talked as we consumed the meal, which I found quite tasty.

"I must say, Commander, I am quite impressed with your knowledge of our history and your command of our language. You say these Gingravik have been watching us for six centuries? How come we're just now hearing about this?"

"Captain, please understand something. Not only do the Gingravik have a superior libido, they have a superior intellect. No offense. They were crossing interstellar space while humans were bobbing around on the ocean in rickety wooden boats," Mishita said. "They saw promise in the human race. And... they were more than taken with the human female form."

"Oh? And why would they be interested in human females?" I asked.

"A long time ago, the Gingravik home world was attacked by a hideous species known as the H't'quiy. They unleashed a devastating disease that nearly wiped out the female of the Gingravik species. They managed to struggle but soon realized that the Gingravik race would cease to exist unless something drastic was done.

"So, Empress Tere - not to be confused with the Queen Mother - launched waves of spores into space to find other species the Gingravik could... partner... with. Perhaps even mate with. They had varying degrees of success but could not find a species they felt totally comfortable with - one they thought would be most compatible. Both physically and philosophically. Until they happened upon Earth.

"They watched Earth from orbit for centuries, learning as much as possible. In the process, they became enamored with the human female. It was a combination of beauty, form, and strength that won their hearts, so to speak. Finally, they felt it was time to attempt a successful mating. That took many years, but it finally happened. It marked a turning point when the Queen Mother bore Lord Bernard's offspring.

"They successfully merged Gingravik and human technology, and with the Queen Mother's leadership, built a substantial Gingravik community on Earth. When their community outgrew their original facility, they relocated to what is now known as the Prefect," Mishita said.

"Why not approach the United Nations?" Jim asked, taking the words out of my mouth.

"They did," Mishita said. "It was at the height of a pandemic. The United Nations sent delegates to the Prefect to meet with Queen Tere and her ambassador. But nothing of any real use came from the meeting." Kyra turned to Jim.

"Your great-grandmother was a diplomat with the United Nations," she said. "Assigned to an undisclosed location on a classified mission." Kyra turned back to Mishita. "Is it possible she was one of those assigned to the Prefect?"

"It is quite possible," Mishita said. Kyra pulled her mobile comm device from an inside pocket and showed Mishita a photo drawn from Jim's genetic memory. Mishita looked at it closely before responding. "I have never been to the Prefect of Earth, but I have seen pictures. That does look a lot like what I have seen. And those appear to be Gingravik sex organs."

"So, those appendages ARE sex organs?" I asked. Mishita chuckled at that.

"Yes, Captain. I'm sure you're aware that not everyone keeps their genitals in the same place. How did you get that picture?" she asked Kyra.

"This was embedded in Jim's genetic material," Kyra told her.

"So, you can read genetic memories now," Mishita said.

"It's experimental at the moment, but yes," Kyra answered.

"Our scientists have been doing this for quite a while now," Mishita told her.

"There's one other thing I'd like to show you," Kyra said, running her hands over her portable comm device. "If you don't mind, Jim," she added, looking at Jim.

"Not at all," Jim replied. Kyra found what she was looking for - the picture of the woman she saw in Jim's DNA - and showed it to Mishita.

"Oh, my," Mishita gasped, her eyes growing wide. "This is... me."

"Yes," Kyra said.

"I have something I should show you as well," Mishita said, getting up from the table. She returned a few moments later with a thin pad which she handed to Kyra. Kyra looked at the photo, then handed it to Jim. His shock was evident, and I could see the image of a nude male from the waist up - the face was clearly Jim.

"How is this possible?" Jim asked.

"Our scientists are still trying to understand, but they believe it has to do with our combined genetic material. Something about how Gingravik DNA unlocks something within human DNA. I don't understand it all myself. I look at that picture when I lay down to rest and use it to control my dream state. It helps me find... release," Mishita said. I looked at Jim and saw the shock on his face. I spoke up before he could say anything.

"Commander Decker has been receiving transmissions that somehow block his normal dream state. In short, he dreams of you. Are you responsible for that?" I asked. Mishita's hand went to her mouth in shock.

"I was told something like that could possibly happen, but I couldn't believe it. I... felt... Jim's presence and thought of him whenever I took a rest break. I had no idea... Please accept my apologies. It's just... When I think of him, I feel an overwhelming urge to be with him, to..."

"We were light years away when he first began to receive these... dreams," I said. "They got stronger as we got closer to this sector of space. In fact, we used those transmissions as a tool to find you. Were you aware your dreams were being transmitted to him?"

"I had no idea," Mishita said.

"Any idea how something like that could happen?" I asked.

"There is a bond between Gingravik mates that is literally unbreakable. It has to do with their DNA. When they are mated, they are infused with a sample of their mate's DNA, basically marking them for life. With that mark, they are incapable of having intercourse with any other being. They also have a... connection to each other... that others cannot break or understand. Perhaps that has something to do with it," Mishita said.

"That makes about as much sense as anything else," Kyra said.

"But that assumes Jim carries Gingravik DNA," I added. "Is that what you're telling us, Commander?" I asked Mishita. She thought for a moment, then nodded her head.

"Yes, Captain, he carries Gingravik DNA, as do I," she said. "That picture from his genetic memory pretty much proves it. And it would explain my irresistible attraction to him." And I thought it would explain the strange findings in Jim's genetic tests. I looked at Jim before continuing.

"Do you feel the same attraction toward the Commander, Jim?" I asked.

"Yes, Captain, I do," Jim said without hesitation.

"Well, Kyra, it seems that's one puzzle solved," I said. "But there's a couple of other puzzles we need answers to."

"What are those?" Mishita asked.

"We have received reports of... anomalies... in this sector of space. That's why we were sent here - to investigate those incidents and try to understand what they are. We've also intercepted transmissions from this area to Earth. What can you tell us about those?"

"Again, you are correct, Captain," Mishita said. "Like you, I have a mission to carry out. My mission, simply put, is to limit access to this area of space, preferably without direct confrontation."

"And why would you want to limit access to this area of space?" I asked. Mishita thought for a moment before answering.

"There is a species indigenous to this area that is quite dangerous," she said.

"Dangerous? How?" I asked.

"They are... sexual omnivores with unique mental abilities," Mishita said. "We call them the Darnok. And anyone within two periods - what you define as half a parsec - is in danger." Half a parsec? That's equivalent to 1.63 light-years, I thought.

"And you're here to make sure other vessels stay away from these Darnok creatures?" I asked.

"Yes. At least until our scientists can develop a means of protection from their mind-waves."

"How close are you to doing that?" I asked.

"They have developed a prototype, but it hasn't been tested completely. To do that, we would need to get within range," Mishita said.

"And then what?" I asked.

"We... have yet to plan that out. We had hoped to acquire some D'o'wr, but that would mean somehow sneaking them past your planetary defenses," she said.

"These... what do you call them? Dower? What are they?"

"D'o'wr," Mishita corrected me. "They are analogous to your special force operators. They, like Jim and myself, are part Gingravik, and they are specifically trained for this type of operation. But they are only found on Earth. The Empire did not see fit to bring any back from Earth when they had the chance. I don't know why."

"Wonderful," I said with an exasperated sigh. I guess Earth doesn't have a monopoly on political stupidity.

"You're not considering," Jim started before I cut him off with a raised hand.

"I'll need to report to my superiors. That will take some time. Would you be willing to provide whatever information you have on these Darnok?" I asked.

"Of course, Captain," Mishita said. "And please understand. We are not a militaristic race. We can defend ourselves, but offensive military actions are foreign to the Gingravik."

"I understand," I replied. We finished our meals, and I felt a bit... amorous. Perhaps it was the seafood, which tasted a lot like shrimp. Between that and Mishita's abbreviated "uniform" with bare breasts on full display, I fought the urge to rip Kyra's uniform off and take her right at the table. I suspected both Jim and Kyra felt the same way, and the slight blush on Kyra's face indicated that she, too, was feeling something.

"Captain, how long do you think it will be before you hear back from your Star Fleet Command?" Mishita asked.

"Give me about four to eight hours," I told her. "I have to put my report together, send it, and wait to hear back. Why?"

"With your permission, I would like Commander Decker to stay with me for a while. At least until you get an answer," Mishita said. I saw the flushed look on her face and suspected she fancied some private alone time with my Number One. Seeing the look of anticipation on Jim's face told me everything I needed to know.

"I don't see why not," I told her. "I would like you to check in periodically, Number One. Just to let me know that you're okay."

"Yes, sir," Jim said all too eagerly.

"In fact, why don't you spend the night? That is, if the Commander can stand to have you around," I joked. Mishita's face broke out in a huge grin.

"I would love that, Captain," she said. "I'll see to it he returns on time."

"I appreciate that. Report to my ready room at 0800, Number One."

"Yes, sir," Jim said with a smile. Mishita handed me a thin tablet.