While the Gods Slumber Pt. 04

Story Info
Zhura and her friends leave Boma and meet a demon.
3.6k words
4.67
3.7k
3
0

Part 4 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 02/19/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
yibala
yibala
77 Followers

The three friends enjoyed a final glimpse of Boma when they crested a hill. Zhura could just see thatched roofs and lazy trails of smoke through the trees.

Boma was the only home she knew. For all of her life she'd been protected from demons and men that might do her harm. Now her only wards were the flimsy bracelet around her wrist, and the courage of her and her friends.

They continued deep into the bush. Kaj hacked a path through the foliage. Amina brought up the rear.

Amina advised them to stay off of the beaten path that followed the Little Mongoose south, in case they encountered traders who might remember their passing. So they had left the western edge of Boma through Chief Bindi's yam fields and cashew trees, and then followed the ancestral stones until they found the river. They crossed to the east bank, opposite the trail, and forged their own path. It was slow going through the bush, but they hoped to leave little trace behind.

Zhura, still flush with sex-induced vigor, carried a shoulder sack with her medicines. Like Kaj, she also slung a basket on her back, packed with the magical swaddle cloth, food and spare garb.

She dropped behind some, so that she could speak easily with Amina. The other woman carried her own antelope-skin bag. One of the gifted knives from Menga hung sheathed upon the waistband of her slit skirt.

"I didn't expect you to come with me," Zhura said. "What about your mother's trade?"

Amina's mother was a leading market-woman in Boma, with trade connections in all of the Sung villages, and as far away as Morore.

Amina shrugged. "She's been threatening to hand her trade down to her nieces instead of me," Amina said. "I chose to take her at her word."

"The crone will have to do without me as well," Zhura said. She regretted leaving the old woman so suddenly.

"She'll find someone else, perhaps a young herb-witch at another village," Amina suggested.

The market-woman's daughter drew a waterskin from her sack. Cupping some of the water in her hand, she began to wipe and wash the blue paint from Zhura's eyes. "You are not the herb-witch of Boma anymore, Zhura. Let's see more of your lovely face."

After she finished, Amina replaced the waterskin and rummaged further into the sack.

"There is another reason I had to leave," she said. Amina pulled out one of Ntoza's cock-shaped summoning stones.

"By the First Woman," Zhura gasped. "You didn't!"

"I wasn't going to stay there waiting for Ntoza to hunt down her warding stone," Amina said. "Besides, this woman trades with demons, and she was seducing you. I couldn't let that happen."

Zhura shook her head in disbelief. Her friend's habit of collecting other people's property was becoming legendary.

"Did you steal it before you saw the demon, or after?"

"Before. While you were in the hut getting rutted senseless, I was fleeing from demons," Amina said, grinning.

"It isn't a warding stone," Zhura said. "It's a summoning stone. There is a demon tied to it that we can summon if we learn how to use the stone."

It occurred to Zhura that the demon might be somehow tracking its stone, leading Ntoza to them. She had to find out more about how it worked.

"I'm thinking of another use for this that does not involve demons," Amina said. She held the clay phallus at eye-level, examining it with a mischievous expression. It was roughly the length and width of her forearm.

Zhura looked ahead, where Kaj steadily cut his way through the forest. "Does Kaj know about the stone?"

"Of course. He wants to use it on me."

"We will need to test it thoroughly," Zhura agreed.

"Repeatedly," Amina giggled.

Zhura recognized many of the medicinal trees of the forest - black-barked stinkwoods, needle-leaved junipers, with dawe conifers dominating along the river. Bromeliads and orchids grew beneath the canopy, along with snap-traps that caught insects. The uneven ground was treacherous, with buttress roots and vines snaking in all directions.

After the first couple of hours, Kaj slowed and stopped. He wore only a breechclout. His powerful chest glistened with sweat and pulsed with heavy breaths.

"Will we make it?" he called to Amina.

Amina peered down from the ridge they were on, to where she could see shining ribbons of the Little Mongoose. She shook her head.

"There is a tiny village a day's walk on the trail from Boma. A few families who smoke bees for honeycomb and hunt game," she said. "I don't see how we can make it by dark at this rate. But it may be for the better that we do not pass through there. We will be remembered."

Kaj handed Zhura his matchet - a short, single-edged chopping blade ideal for coconuts, melons and vines. Zhura took the handle with a grin, and led the way. She marveled at her own strength and vitality, improving their pace as she sliced through slender branches, forging ahead.

By the time the sunlight was fading in a clouded sky, they were sure they had not reached the settlement. But Kaj spotted a hunters' lean-to on in a clearing just upslope from the water.

The simple shelter was large enough for them all to lay out their raffia mats. Gnawed animal bones were scattered in the reddish dirt that surrounded it. Wedged in the corner, between the roof and ground, was a small stack of firewood and a coil of sisal rope.

Exhausted, they spread out their mats. They ate a half-hearted supper of dried yam chips, nuts and some tamarind pods they'd picked during the day.

"There's no warding stone here," Kaj observed as he set a small fire outside the shelter. Usually warding stones were planted around even the smallest village, to keep demons away.

"Maybe the hunters carry their stones with them," Zhura said. "Let me see if I can get the summoning stone to work."

Amina reached in her sack and handed Zhura the phallus. The herb-witch marveled how long and thick it was. The surface was smoothly polished and etched with drawings that depicted humans - or human-shaped creatures - mating with each other in various positions.

Kaj and Amina watched with evident interest.

Zhura felt her ears grow warm. She tried rubbing the smooth ceramic, fingering the tip, and then fisting it as best she could, as if she were jerking a foreskin up and down the shaft. It seemed for a moment to grow warmer, but Zhura decided it was her imagination.

"Do you wish to be alone with it?" Kaj asked, eyebrow cocked.

"Perhaps not tonight," Zhura said, trying to hide her embarrassment. "We are all tired."

Zhura set the stone aside. They all went in turn to the river, where Zhura stripped off her sweat-dampened skirt and blouse, to wash and hang overnight. She laid the magical cloth out on her mat, so that her knife and staff would be close at hand. Then she tried to sleep.

But rest would not come easily. Zhura's gaze was drawn to the dying fire, and to the dark jungle, which echoed with the cries and calls of beasts that hunted in the night. She saw their glowing eyes in the bush, and hoped they were not demons. She felt - or perhaps she imagined - ants and spiders skittering across her flesh. As tired as she was, she could not sleep.

Maybe she had been a fool. Zhura had a home and a life in Boma, however scorned she had been. She had left all of that for an unknown fate in a foreign land. And she'd brought her friends, who had given up even more.

Only a day ago, she lay with Ntoza, savoring the kind of passion she had never known. What if Ntoza was telling the truth? What if she was unaware of any plots, unaware that Zhura was daughter to a king?

What if Ntoza loved her?

Zhura remembered how the older woman shuddered in orgasm, with Zhura's tongue buried deep in her cunt. She could feel the vibrations in her own flesh, feel the older woman open herself and surrender. Wasn't that real?

Her fingers probed, slipping under the loincloth that was the sole garment she wore in the humid forest air. She rubbed her sensitive nub, feeling pulses of pleasure that stirred deep within her.

That sensation made her forget her fears, even if just for a few moments. Wrapped within a cocoon of blissful memory, Zhura could embrace the fact that her old life was over, for better or worse. This is who she was becoming.

A being of sexual power.

Her juices began to flow freely. She dipped her finger in her molten slit, tasting herself, feeling the jolt of magical energy thrum within her like the taut string of a kundi harp. She rubbed her hand in tight circles, building a steady, delicious tension. She reached for the summoning stone.

Zhura yanked off her loincloth and lay on her side, spreading her legs by planting one foot squarely on the mat. She rubbed the bulbous head of the stone against her slit, smearing it with her juices. The sensation was tantalizing. She rolled her hips, slowly, slowly pressing the head inside.

Soon the flared head was halfway in her cunt. Her nether lips bulged out, like cheeks full of mango juice. But try as she might, she couldn't get it deeper. She rolled onto her back and spread her legs wide. Zhura gripped the phallus with both hands, trying and failing to jam it deeper inside her, letting out an involuntary whimper.

Zhura glanced up, in shock. In the light of the embers, she saw her friends watching her.

"She needs our help, my love," Amina said.

Kaj's bright grin was visible in the night. "Was there ever any doubt?"

Amina crawled over to Zhura. "Get on your hands and knees," she ordered.

Zhura, still frozen with embarrassment, was slow to move. But she rolled over and raised her hips and ass in the air, pointing her shamefully wet and hungry slit towards Kaj.

Amina slid the summoning stone out of Zhura's hands, and held it for Kaj.

"It's too big," Zhura complained.

"Trust me," Amina said, gleefully. "It will fit."

Zhura looked back to see Kaj take the stone in one hand. He rubbed it up and down Zhura's slit, forcing another moan from her.

Kaj pressed the head into her. Zhura felt her inner walls stretched to the limit. She grunted as the full width slowly eased into her.

"You're splitting me apart," she gasped.

Amina laid on her back and scooted under Zhura. In a moment, the herb-witch felt the exquisite feeling of her friend's tongue on her pleasure nub.

"Oh! By the ancestors!" Zhura cried.

Amina began to hum as she suckled on Zhura's little button, hands wrapped around Zhura's back, fingers playing along her spine.

Zhura screamed as her climax hit her like a charging buffalo, shaking her body into uncontrollable spasms.

When she regained her senses, her head was on the mat. Her ass was high in the air, and she realized that Kaj was gently rutting her with the stone. The phallus delved deep into her tight cunt, touching places she didn't know had been there. She heard the wet slurping sounds of Amina sucking Kaj's cock.

Zhura rocked her hips back, urging Kaj to rut her harder and faster with the stone. It felt like hot iron inside her, heat coursing through her to the tips of her fingers and toes. She was quickly riding towards a second orgasm.

She turned her head so that she could see her friend fondling Kaj's balls, with his thick length lodged deep in her gullet. Zhura wondered, for the first time, what it would feel like for Kaj to rut her. For him to take his cock fresh from her friend's mouth and jam it deep into Zhura's cunt.

She trembled with the thought. But she didn't want the stone out of her for one moment.

Where the first orgasm was strong and sudden, Zhura's second was deep and prolonged. She heard herself keen as the climax opened her up like a flower, blooming brightly in the starless night.

Zhura was dimly aware of being empty inside as she heard Kaj growl and spurt his seed into Amina's mouth. Dully, the herb-witch rolled over and crawled to watch. When Amina had licked the last drop from Kaj's twitching cock, Zhura grabbed her friend and kissed her. Her tongue slipped into Amina's mouth, swirling in the thick, salty seed, greedily taking as much for herself as Amina would allow.

As Kaj lay down on his back, Zhura and Amina stretched out, still locked in their kiss. After a long moment, Zhura opened her eyes, looking out at the moonlit jungle, the ashes of the fire... and a dark humanoid shape that crouched in the clearing, watching them.

Its skin seemed to reflect the dim light from the coals of the fire. It had a mane of stiff reeds that sprouted out from its head and shorter bristles around the waist, wrists and ankles. It appeared to be a scrawny woman, with smallish, pointed breasts. But its face was covered by a brass mask with bulging eyes and a hole for a mouth. It sniffed at the naked bodies of Zhura and her friends, reaching out with four-fingered talons.

Amina turned her head, and gave a startled cry as she saw it. "It's a demon," she said. "Like the one I saw last night."

Kevin scrambled to his hands and knees and grabbed the matchet.

"Did we summon it?" Zhura asked. She reached for the phallus, smeared as it was with her creamy spend. Immediately, the creature's gaze was drawn to it.

"Guard us, demon," she commanded, hoping it would respond.

The demon approached Zhura. "Sanju mate." It groped through the bristles at its waist, exposing a hairless slit with a rather large bud at the top.

Zhura recoiled in disgust. She reached for her knife.

The demon immediately backed off. It took Zhura a moment to realize that its attention was fixed not on the knife, but on the magical cloth. She picked it up and looked from the cloth to the creature.

"Kill Sanju?" the demon croaked.

"What is sanju?" Zhura asked.

"Sanju," the demon turned a claw towards itself.

"Its name is Sanju," guessed Amina. "The cloth looks like its skin." The cloth was dyed and printed, but the iridescent scaly material looked similar to the demon's hide.

"Maybe that's what the cloth is made from. Demonskin," Kaj said.

"Kill Sanju only if Sanju does not obey," Zhura said. "Guard us, Sanju." Remembering what Ntoza had done, she planted the phallus in the soft clay of the earth.

The demon held a hand up in supplication, nodding its bristled head. It looked around the clearing, and scampered to a tree, climbing swiftly up the trunk.

"That's where the demon hid at Ntoza's last night," Amina said. "It came down from the trees."

As the Sanju climbed, its flesh blended with the bark of the tree, until it disappeared in the night, much like the cloth had vanished on Menga's table.

Zhura let out a slow breath.

"By my sacred ancestors," Kaj swore. "I believe we just bound a demon."

**

A drizzle of rain greeted Zhura as she awakened the next morning. She groaned and rolled over, wanting nothing more than to drift back to sleep. But then she felt the soreness between her legs and immediately remembered the last night.

Kaj and Amina slept, still naked, he spooned behind her. Zhura smiled, envying what might be the couple's first full night together. They looked content, even in this dreary, rough setting.

She poked her head out from under the lean-to, peering up into the trees. Seeing nothing unusual, she tugged on her loincloth. She stepped out into the light rain. The drops made a hissing sound, as if the forest was steaming.

"Sanju!" she called.

She saw a flicker of movement. The demon appeared, crouching on the thick dark branch of a kigeli tree. Its skin was a pale gray in the light of morning. It was munching on one of the unripe sausage-shaped pods that hung from the tree.

"Sanju mate?"

Zhura shuddered. The creature seemed single-minded. For all she had heard about demons, this one resembled a stray dog in heat.

"Sanju guard," she said.

"I'm exhausted," Amina said. She was awake now, watching, perched on an elbow. Behind her, Kaj began to stir.

"I don't think we can stay here," said Zhura.

Amina rubbed bleary eyes. "What will Ntoza do when she realizes you're gone?"

And one of her summoning stones with me.

It might have taken a day for Ntoza to realize it. She'd have to find the crone, and Menga to be certain, and she'd likely have to find them herself. Her demons wouldn't be able to pass through the village warding stones.

"Return south, I think. She will come along the river route. Perhaps she will pass by us, if she has no way of finding us in the bush."

"We would do better to stay ahead of her. We should be able to get past the hunting village today, but from there it is another day to the crossroads at Mibega," Amina said. "Then can we start east, on the trade route to Ikanje."

Zhura nodded. "I will lead the way, then." She retrieved a jar of palm oil and a razor to wash in the river.

When she returned to the camp, Amina and Kaj were supping on yam chips. "The demon will not appear when I call," Amina said. "Do we know it is even guarding us? Maybe it is just up there gorging on sausage fruit."

"Hold the summoning stone," Zhura said. "And call it."

Amina did so, unearthing and holding up the giant ceramic cock like a talisman. "Sanju, appear!"

Nothing happened.

"Sanju," Zhura said.

The demon manifested, in a tree not far from where it had been before. "Sanju mate?"

"It is attuned to me," Zhura said. "Perhaps because I used the phallus? I felt it grow warm within me.'

"Whatever it is, we should be moving. It is almost-" Kaj's words trailed off as the demon leapt from its tree limb, catching hold of a nearby branch.

It scampered from tree to tree, each time getting closer to the ground. Then it vaulted to the forest floor, racing off through the brush downstream in a shuffling gait much like an ape.

"There," Amina said. She pointed in the same direction. Two men carrying spears and arrows, with short bows over their shoulders, approached on the trail across the river. From their vantage point, Zhura could see the strangers look up in alarm as the demon approached, hastily leveling their spears.

The demon came crashing through the brush, splashing across the shallow waters of the Little Mongoose, hissing as it confronted them. It lifted a taloned hand and yanked the mask away from its face. Zhura could not see the demon's visage, but the bristles seemed to stiffen and rise like a porcupine's quills, framing whatever horrors it concealed beneath the mask.

With looks of terror, the men dropped their spears and ran. The demon chased them half-heartedly, then pulled back and watched them go. It set the mask back over its face.

"Useful," Kaj observed.

They were off as soon as their gear was packed. Zhura cut the path. She set as quick a pace as she could, so much so that at times Kaj and Amina struggled to keep up. The rain continued to fall, washing away sweat, and keeping biting insects at bay. The demon loped behind them, but only rarely showed itself.

By early afternoon, they reached the warding stones of the little hunter's village. They followed the perimeter around to its southernmost edge, where they found the overgrown, muddy southern route near a river crossing.

"From here," Kaj said. "We can take the trail, as long as we keep moving."

"What about the demon?" Amina asked.

"Can we make Mibega by nightfall?" Zhura asked.

Amina shrugged. "It will certainly be well after nightfall. Perhaps if we stop to rest along the way..."

Zhura shook her head. "Let's stay off the trail. We'll spend another night in the bush, and reach Mibega tomorrow. That way, we keep Sanju with us, unseen, for the rest of the day."

"How can you keep up this pace?" Kaj asked.

"Ntoza said it is sexual power," Zhura said. "I will need to regenerate tonight," she added, with a nervous smile.

Kaj's eyebrows perked up.

Zhura had altered her skirt, cutting it short to above her knee, and slitting the sides to her hip for freer movement in the bush. She kept the sanjuskin cloth close, tied and folded up around her bare waist. Not for the first time today, the smith's gaze drifted downward, admiring her attire.

yibala
yibala
77 Followers
12