Whispers in the Vineyard Ch. 04

Story Info
A chef & fireman walk into a winery. Stop me if you-
5k words
4.79
6.7k
6

Part 4 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/15/2023
Created 04/09/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Daddysgirlfl
Daddysgirlfl
2,306 Followers

Wine, a beautiful woman and a firefighter... What more do you want? Maybe some romance? Check. A strong woman? (I know I have some readers that will appreciate that 😉) Check. Sex, you say? Check! I think you'll love Gregg and Ellie as much as I've come to love them. Emails welcome! Thanks for reading!

Kitty and Jake's upcoming stories in Whispers in the Vineyard may have triggers of strong excessive sexual content, squirting, ass fun, girl/girl, nudists, strong excessive sexual content, pregnancy, breastfeeding, unmarried infidelity, and strong excessive sexual content. xo DG

Whispers in the Vineyard Ch 04

It was a depressing drive home after the memorial service. Gregg and I talked about our options and concluded there was only one. I get rid of the restaurant and move to the winery.

Leaving my town, friends, business and staff was the option. Painful one. Not going to Gregg was the second choice. Even worse.

My phone came through the car speakers.

"Hello! Miss you already," I said.

"Me miss you too. Very much. Love you too. Very much." Gregg's voice surrounded me in the car and was somehow comforting.

"I love you too," I sniffed.

"Don't cry babe," he said sadly.

"I'm not," I lied.

"Are you close to home?"

"Not much further."

"Last night was pretty hot," he said, his voice low and sexy.

"Ohno, not while I'm driving. You're making me squirm," I whined.

He laughed. "Okay okay, call when you get home, and we'll discuss it."

"Oh, you are such a bad boy," I giggled. Although phone sex was going to be about as good as it got for a while.

I was back at it the next day. Hit the butcher and produce early and got into the restaurant earlier than usual. I liked this time in my place by myself. I usually found solace, but it was different now. I couldn't put my finger on it but knew it had to do with the last few days at the winery.

I didn't mention it to anyone because Peter asked me not to. He told me he wanted to cut back his hours in the kitchen. His wife wanted to travel, and he wanted to be able to take time off. He was the heart of that kitchen and kept everything running smoothly. I thought back to our conversation.

"Have you considered moving here, Ellie?"

We were sitting on the deck overlooking the grapevines. I studied the winding rows for a moment, gathering my thoughts.

"I am thinking about it yeah. Gregg would like me to move here. It's just that I'd hate to give up my restaurant, and more so, leave my staff jobless."

He nodded. "I understand that. I was wondering if you came here, you'd want to work or not."

"I don't think I can sit and do nothing, but to be honest I never thought that far."

"I'd like to shorten my hours here and take a little more time off. If you would step in, that would take a load off my mind, and I'm sure Ami would be thrilled. I also would hate to have her search for a chef. We know you're a perfect fit already!"

"Oh wow, Peter. That would be a wonderful opportunity, but I don't think I'm good enough," I said, a little awed that he even thought of me.

"I've cooked with you, remember?!" he laughed. "You can easily manage it. You can oversee the whole damn kitchen for god's sake," he boomed, then looked around to see if anyone heard him.

"That you have that much confidence in me means a lot, Peter. It's just that I've never worked in a structured kitchen. Have had no formal training. I'm more seat of the pants type of chef. I normally choose what's in season and the best meat available." I sighed. "I just don't know."

He laughed. "I could argue each and every point, but all I'm going to say is BS."

I laughed. "Okay, maybe it's my own shortcomings hitting me. I do appreciate you thinking about me, and I will think about it. If I did move here, at least I'd still be doing what I love."

"And just as a little teaser, Ami and Gregg are very hands-off and allow us to pretty much do what we want. You could continue on as you're doing at your place."

"Only with a real kitchen and real staff," I laughed. "I will think it over, Peter. Again, my thanks for having such confidence in me."

"I just don't want to mention it to anyone yet. I hoped to tell Ami you'd be filling in when I'd be taking off." He grinned.

"No problem. It's just between us. We'll keep in touch!"

I reran that conversation in my mind while I was prepping tonight's dinner. I'd get to be with Gregg again which was my first consideration. I'd get to work and learn with Peter, which was my first work consideration. I learned so much in the short time I was in the kitchen with him before and I'd love to continue that.

"You must have been here early!" Janeen said, seeing the tables set and ready.

"I was. I sorta missed the place," I admitted.

"How was it? I mean for a memorial service type of thing?"

"It was very nice. The community made the food, and the tables were loaded. It was nice that the kitchen staff could attend the service." And they offered me a job. "It was wonderful seeing Gregg." I blushed.

"I bet you really miss him now," she guessed. "You know, it's none of my business, but I'm going to say it anyhow... Don't let this slip away from you. A lifetime of happiness compared to," she waved her arms, "this."

"I appreciate your thoughts and you're right. I wanted to wait until the timing was right, but what will be my indicator." I asked rhetorically.

"Do you think anyone would be interested in taking this over?" Janeen asked.

"I've never thought of that," I said, looking at her. "Maybe you?" I smiled.

"Me?" she squeaked. "I can only cook grilled cheese." We both laughed.

"What if you got more kitchen help? A chef? A wannabe chef like me? I had no formal training."

We looked at each other. "Hmmm."

I invited Randy over for my next test recipe day. While I was gone, he finished my deck, and I was thrilled. I called, but I need to pay him and thank him personally.

I was feeling creative and had loads of leftovers. Randy had unearthed outdoor furniture from my shed, so I planned on eating outdoors.

"You did a beautiful job, Randy! I'd never have come up with anything like this. You're very talented!"

"I'm glad you like it. It's a relief. I was hesitant to finish it while you were gone."

"No no. No worries. I leave it up to the professionals," I grinned. "I thought we'd eat out here since it's such a beautiful day?"

I set the food up buffet style, gave him a plate, and told him to go for it.

"Wow, you made a lot of food this time."

"I was feeling extra inspired today."

We ate and made small talk. He dove in and I promised him lots to take home. Probably enough to take to the station if he wanted to share.

He opened the after-dinner wine and asked, "I guess you're thinking to move north?"

"I am, yes. In fact, I'm looking for a chef to take over. I hate to just close the place and leave my staff jobless."

"I'll keep an ear out. I'd like to see it stay open myself." He swirled the wine in his glass looking down. "I guess it's a permanent thing with you and Gregg." He went on without needing an answer. "I was hoping I might have a chance, but I wish you both the best of luck."

"Thank you, Randy, that means a lot." There was little I could say to that, and we went back to small talk until he left.

The next day I walked into the restaurant and before the door closed behind me, Janeen said excitedly, "You're not going to believe this!"

I dropped my bags on a chair. "What?!"

"I might have found someone that could step in and take over!"

"Really? Who?" I was as excited now.

"You know Elizabeth that does catering around town?"

"Oh yeahhhhhhh," I said, her reputation running through my mind at warp speed. "Wow, she might be just the person?" Janeen nodded.

"I told her to come in tomorrow about this time. Will that work?"

"Hell yeah!" I laughed.

I had time to make a few inquiries about her before she showed up. She was bubbly, energetic, and as imaginative as me. She stayed with me in the kitchen and worked right alongside me. She was perfect and I was thrilled. All that was left was some paperwork. I would retain ownership and she would run the restaurant. I would be able to leave in a few weeks. After I felt she was trained, that is.

That freed me to think about the move. I hadn't told Gregg yet. I wanted to tell him when the time was right. When he'd be surprised. And he would be since he hadn't heard about the job offer yet.

I was off today, wasn't testing new dishes, and had nothing real pressing to do. I opened my eyes, decided it was too early to get up, and went back to sleep.

"Ellie."

I was having such a delicious dream that Gregg was here. I could hear him. I could smell his pine scent. I squeezed my legs together to enjoy the dream.

"Ellie. Babe."

"Mmmm," I moaned. The dream seemed so real. I squeezed my eyes shut, not wanting to wake up. His fingers softly trailed over my face.

"Ellie, honey, wake up."

"Nooooo," I whimpered. "Dreaming. So good."

"That dream better have me in it."

My eyes flew open. "Gregg!" He was sitting on the edge of the bed right next to me. I threw my arms around him and pulled him down.

"Ellie!" he laughed, rolling to keep his weight from falling on me.

"You are here!" I began kissing his face all over.

"I love you, babe," he whispered.

"What're you doing here?" I was waking up enough to wonder.

"I missed you so much, I left early this morning to get here. I have to go back tomorrow."

"I don't care. You're here now! I love you so much," I said, pulling his t-shirt over his head. "Take your pants off."

"Yes, miss bossy," he chuckled. "Is this better? He pulled my nakedness against his and I moaned.

"Yessss," I hissed.

We faced each other, kissing deeply while he kneaded my breasts. I slid my leg up his thigh to his hip. His hard cock prodded my smooth shaved lips. They were already swollen and needy and I rocked my hips.

"Oh babe," he moaned, sliding in deep.

I hooked my leg over his hip, opening wider and he drove in deeper. I rocked my hips in rhythm each time clenching my cunt tighter around his shaft. That position kept me in rolling waves of orgasm.

Suddenly he rolled me on my back. My legs wrapped around him. He held himself on his elbows, sucking and biting my nipples. His hips jerked hard, pounding his cock deep. My nails dug into his back, scoring the length to his ass.

The sound of wet dripping sex, hard rasping breaths, animalistic grunts, my own moans coming from somewhere inside me. We were in a race to get to the end. It was out of control sex. Suddenly he raised, drove deep, and exploded his hot seed inside me. The hot gush sent me over the edge, and I grimaced as I went over the edge.

"Phew. Damn." He lay next to me, his forearm over his eyes. "that was umm..." he trailed off.

"Yes, it was," I sighed.

My limbs were heavy. I felt like I ran a marathon. I wanted to roll over and go to sleep. So, I did. I threw an arm across his chest, put my head on his shoulder, and promptly fell asleep.

The scent of cooking garlic and onions wafted into the bedroom.

"You know how to wake this girl up," I said, wrapping my arms around him from behind.

"I know how much you like fried onions and garlic, but I added potatoes and sausage. I'm not the cook you are, but this should be okay."

"Are you joking! It looks delicious. You know your way around the kitchen. I at least remember that!" I poured two cups of coffee and we sat down to eat.

"So, you were surprised?" he grinned.

I laughed. "Did I show you how much I missed you too?"

"You did. You did. I'm still not recovered," he laughed. He stabbed a fork full of sauerkraut. "Did you make this?"

"I did. I started doing some fermenting because I couldn't find what I wanted for one of my dinners. I'm hooked. I can't believe how much you can add to sauerkraut to make it different."

"This is different! I like it, Ellie." He took another bite. "I'll bet Peter would love to have this."

I picked our empty plates up and put them in the sink. "Let's go sit out on the deck. You haven't seen it yet!"

"Whoa, this is great, Ellie." He walked around the deck. "Randy is really good, isn't he?"

"Yes, it was his design, and he did it all while I was there for your dad's memorial. It was done when I got back."

"Sounds like him. I know he has struggled since his divorce. She blindsided him. Fell in love with someone else and she left. Just like that."

"Yeah, that's sad. He's a nice guy." He nodded.

We sat on the old glider. "It's not like the view of the vineyard," I said.

"Well, no, but this is still nice."

"So, what would you say if I told you I was moving there?"

"What! Seriously?" He turned to look at me.

I brought him up to date on almost everything.

"I guess I don't have to ask if it's okay with you," I laughed.

"When? What are you going to do with the restaurant? How about the house? When? Soon?" He waved his arms.

I laughed. "I'm keeping the restaurant. Keeping the house, probably renting it out. I'll move as soon as I have the new manager chef trained." I stopped and thought. "Oh, one more thing to tell you."

He looked at me and waited. "What?!"

"I'm going to work in the kitchen at the winery."

"That would be awesome! You are a chef at the winery. That's just perfect, Ell. Perfect." He sat there grinning. "This is wonderful news."

"I hoped you'd think so, babe."

"And we'll have the house to ourselves. Mom is moving to an apartment closer to Gainesville. She said the memories there are too much for her. I think too she wants me to feel as though I can run the place without her looking over my shoulder."

I nodded. "I can understand that. I'm sad she won't be around, but I understand. There is one thing though. I should have talked to you about it sooner, but I wasn't sure where our relationship was going." He gaped at me. "Now wait, hear me out. This could be the most important conversation of our lives."

He got serious. "I'm not sure what would make me love you less or not want you but go ahead."

"I decided quite a while ago. Right out of high school, I didn't want kids. I didn't feel as though I was mother material. I also felt if I wasn't one thousand percent into it, I shouldn't do it."

"Okay, go on. I'm waiting for the problem."

"I just don't want children, Gregg. If it's something you want, then we need to discuss it now. I wouldn't want you to tie yourself up with me not knowing where I stand."

"Alright. The only thing I can think of is that we need to have you spayed. Or me neutered?"

I laughed. "Are you sure you're okay with it? I've already been spayed, by the way."

"Never had a burning desire for kids. Big responsibility. Not sure I'm grown up enough, blah blah. Hey, how about going over to that little bar on the river... Gator something, I think. They had the best grouper sandwiches. I've missed those almost as much as I've missed you."

I lightly punched him on the arm. "Gee thanks!" I felt such relief clearing the air.

We went to shower, got distracted by each other, and finally were on our way. This place was old Florida at its finest. We grabbed a couple of beers at the bar and went to sit at the picnic tables outside.

"You look less tense, babe," I said.

"I am. I'm finally getting my footing at the winery and I'm able to relax a bit. Having you there will help immensely."

We chatted until the grouper sandwiches came and that ended any talking. They were good and I hadn't been since Gregg left. I sort of wished it was him moving here instead of me moving to the hustle and bustle of the winery. But it is what it is and I'm going where Gregg is.

It was a whirlwind twenty-four hours with Gregg and too soon I was alone again. I didn't have much time to dwell on that because today was the first day of Elizabeth's training. She was there and ready when I came in with the meat and produce. Janeen and I had her shadow us both to get a feel for what we did.

I had a good feeling about her and began to plan my move. I kept Gregg in the loop because he wanted to help when and where he could.

A few days later I was taking a sweet tea break on my front porch, and I heard the familiar rumble of the fire truck. This time though I knew it wasn't Gregg, so it was a bit alarming.

It rumbled to a stop in front of my house and two of the guys jumped off and loped across my front yard. I remembered each one of them.

"Hey, guys!"

"Hey, Ellie! We wanted to tell you that the guys at the station will help you move. Do whatever you need. We have a big truck available to move your stuff up there. We'll do the loading and unloading. Gregg was our best buddy and you're our favorite chef. We want to do something for you both."

I grew all teary and gave them my thanks. How much I appreciated it. Over and over. I'm sure they were thankful they had a call and had to run.

True to their word, three weeks later, they moved me to the winery. They wouldn't even let me drive my car. I rode while two firefighters kept me in stitches sharing their stories which made the trip fly by.

Gregg was waiting for us. He planned a food layout for the guys before they left and of course cases of wine. It was a great camaraderie they had, and I knew it was something Gregg missed.

After they left, he showed me around the house. I'd never been there because we were always in a cottage or the winery. At that time James and Ami lived there too.

The house was a larger version of my Florida-style house. Tin roof with a wrap-around porch on all sides. It sat at the highest point of the vineyards and the view was fantastic.

We stayed in Gregg's room until we had time to decide what to do. He wanted me to redecorate, paint, and flooring. I understood that he wanted to make it ours.

I was getting ready for my first day in the winery kitchen on my own. Gregg came up behind me when I was applying my lipstick.

"Mmmm, sexy," he nibbled on my neck and bumped me with his hard bulge.

"I'm gonna be late!" I tried to squirm away.

"I'm the boss. I'll write you a note," he growled.

We looked at each other in the mirror. He pulled my robe off my shoulders baring my breasts. I watched his hands gently cup my breasts and thumb my nipples. Watching this way as well as feeling it was so erotic.

His breath rasped in my ear as we watched him knead my breasts, squeezing them together, pinching my nipples until my head tipped back, and my lips parted with moans.

Fingers traveled down my stomach and slipped between my legs. His finger gently manipulated my clit into a body shuddering orgasm. I tried to keep my eyes open to watch him. And myself. But I just couldn't. The orgasm racked through my body.

"Cum for me babe," he gritted in my ear. His breath was steamy, his breath harsh.

I fell apart again just at his words, the lust in his eyes. I reached behind me.

"No, this is for you. All for you, my love," he whispered, taking me to the peak again.

When I came down my legs were weak, and I was glad he had me braced against his body.

"Oh, you are so bad," I gasped out. "I have to work and now all I want to do is sleep," I laughed.

He swatted me on the butt. "Better get going then. Who knows what the boss will do if you're late," he said with an evil grin. "I'll meet you for lunch."

Peter was off today, and I may as well not have been there. The kitchen hummed along without a hitch. Everyone knew what to do and did it. I would never have imagined such a smooth-running kitchen.

Daddysgirlfl
Daddysgirlfl
2,306 Followers
12