Who Killed Jenny Schecter? Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No," Shane said. "We lost touch with Max right after ... you know ... Jenny...and up until then he hadn't had it. Did he get it later on?"

"Coroner's report says he did. Hang on. Detective Collins? Max apparently had the top surgery after he left LA, my people here don't know anything about it. Is there any reason to think it was connected? ... Okay... No, I understand ... Nothing on the BOLO ... Okay, I'm going to have to come up there and look at the book, can we set that up? How's your schedule? Okay... right. Yes, that'll work. Thanks ... My boss will call your boss ... Thanks. See you then."

Lauren set down her cell phone. "Fuck."

"What?" Carmen asked.

"It wasn't a hit-and-run accident," Lauren said. "Not exactly, anyway. They've got it down as an open case, homicide. They think Max was deliberately run down and killed."

"Fuck," Shane murmured.

"Yeah. And here's the really weird part. They think he was killed by his own car, and they never found it afterward."

"Fuck," Shane said.

Lauren picked up her cell and punched in Marybeth's number. "You got a minute? Something's come up. I've got to go to Bakersfield. We have another murder."

12