Who Knew?

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Thanks James." I said smiling at him and feeling sorry for him at the same time. When Steph got him alone there would be Hell to pay, yet a small part of me also admired him because they had been married for twelve years now and this was the first time I had ever seen him step up like that.

Courtney stood to leave and quietly said, "We can discuss this more tonight when you come home Lindsay."

"I'm not coming home tonight Mom; I'm staying here for a few days. I think we all need some time away from each other to get through the raw emotions of all of this."

"That might be a good idea Honey." Bill said, kissing her on the cheek and reaching out to shake my hand.

We said goodbye to Stephanie and James as well, and then we stood beside the Christmas tree in the front window and watched them get into their cars and drive away.

Turning to look at me Lindsay asked softly "Did you mean what you said on the phone?"

"What? When I said that I love you?"

"Yes."

"Every word of it Lindsay."

She smiled and then stood up on her tip-toes and kissed me; then settling back down on her heels she slapped my chest and smiling said "It took you long enough."

She took my hand then we turned and together we went upstairs to check on David.

November 11th, 2017

It was 8:30 pm when I took all seven pounds and six ounces of Julia Renee McLaren out of her big brother's arms and handed her to her mom. She was an hour and a half old and her tiny fists were clinched next to her perfect little face. Her jet-black hair was a small, soft powderpuff on the top of her head and she was starting to fuss because she was probably getting hungry.

Leaning over Lindsay I kissed her forehead and whispered "I love you Baby."

She smiled tiredly and whispered back "I love you too Sweetheart."

"We will be back tomorrow morning to bring you two back home. Try to get some sleep okay?"

"I don't think I get to decide that anymore." she said laughing.

"Nope." I responded knowing that, barring a business trip, tonight would be my last night of full sleep for a long time.

David walked over and looked down at the two of them smiled and then kissed Lindsay on the cheek.

"Good night Mom. I'll see you tomorrow morning."

"Good night David. No junk food and make sure you take the trash to the curb tonight, tomorrow is trash day."

"Yes ma'am." he said sighing as he turned for the door of her room.

I closed the door softly and we walked down the hallway. Standing by the elevator I said, "So, Five Guys or In-N-Out?"

"Mom said no junk food."

"Yeah well, Mom's not here." I let it drop, winking at him.

"In-N-Out." he responded grinning up at me.

On the way across the hospital parking lot David looked at me and said, "Can I tell you something Dad?"

"Sure."

"Do you remember the day that Mom showed up at Disneyland?"

"Vividly." I said honestly.

"I told her that Friday that we were going for your birthday and said that she should text you to ask if she could come too."

I stopped in my tracks and just shook my head laughing, then still laughing, I gave the kid a five dollar a week raise in his allowance.

**********

Author's Note:

I honestly debated as to whether I should put this under the Mature or Romance category. I ended up choosing Romance over Mature because I felt that the full story was more of a long-term relationship rather than being solely focused on the differences in Mitch and Lindsay's age.

As always, I hope you've enjoyed it.

YDW