Who Needs to Talk

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I fell for it and was soon wearing more provocative clothes. He sent flowers and chocolates, then asked me for lunch. Stupidly, I went and he started asking me personal questions about my life, my husband, and eventually my sex life. It was not long until he was disparaging my husband, calling him beneath me. It was like a drip-drip, and he wore away at me.

"Then he asked me to go away this weekend. Thankfully, Lew was on the ball. He served me with this letter, telling me he would divorce me and I came to my senses. I have told Alistair that I'm not going, and my husband and I are working on a plan to save our marriage. I was going to phone you and make an official complaint, so I'm glad you are here."

Woods looked at the CEO, who just nodded. Then, he spoke, "Well, Ruby, we are glad you are prepared to be honest. Yes, it was a very big mistake and you are lucky you still have a job. We are having a problem with the quality of AM Metals products, so we are closing the account. That will remove Mr Clarke from the office permanently. So we will take no further action against you, but if you do anything like this again, you are out. Is that understood?"

Ruby meekly said, "Yes."

They both bid us farewell and left.

After they had gone, we ate some lunch, then started the search for a counselor. It was easy enough to get one. We phoned for an appointment and she wanted to see us the next day, Saturday. The time was set, then we sat and looked at each other.

After about ten seconds, I walked over to Ruby, took her hand and dragged her to bed. We literally were fucking for a good twenty minutes. We then lay in bed and I fell asleep with my head on her chest. I awoke close to five o'clock, and we made slow, sweet love, probably for the first time since she had met Clarke.

The counselling sessions went very well. Ruby realised that Clarke played with her fear of our life being mundane, and she recognised that she divulged all of the information to him that he used to push his plan. She accepted it was only a game to him, and came to appreciate just how good a life we had together. We did not need anyone to teach us anything. The counselling lasted three months.

Four years later, we are very happy and Ruby is pregnant with our first child.

As for Mr Clarke. He was out in our local shopping mall and had a very nasty fall going down a set of stairs into the car park. No one knew how it happened, but there were at least five husbands that didn't like him in the mall that day. We were all dressed in identical black clothes with baseball caps on, so no one could tell us apart. We all went to a coffee shop, then one of us got up, came back, another got up, came back, and so on. No one could tell who was at the table and who had left.

The police tried to break us, but no one gave up the names. I'm sure it wasn't one of us, promise!

_______________

Please rate this story
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
172 Comments
OPrimeOPrime7 days ago

s the husband crazy? The wife did everything but cheat on him. I would never be able to trust her again. Look for someone who is an adult!

desecrationdesecration8 days ago

"She still wanted it." Therein is the problem. Something will happen again... not necessarily cheating, but betrayal. BTB is about removing narcissists from your life forever.

doctrptdoctrpt9 days ago

No real consequences. She still wanted it until the final ultimatum. How can you ever trust her again? I sure could not. Great story, strong emotions that are developed through good writing.

PraetusPraetus28 days ago

My issue is the ending wrapped it up as a series of almost bullet points and it feels an afterthought. She still WANTS to do it.

At no point do we see a swerve until Alastair is nasty to her. Then it's all "oh what a MEANIE".

I THINK it'd have been better if she'd had her come to jesus earlier or an actual "I was wrong" and a scene of actual self awareness and remorse, not just fear of losing her comfortable life.

Ridiculous69Ridiculous6929 days ago

A good writer. It a so so story. The wife seems to escape any real consequences for her actions and it seems like she would be ripe for another seduction attempt down the road.

AnonymousAnonymous29 days ago

Why would he want to keep her? If she has his kids, they'll have half her genes, probably a similar intellect, which means they'll be just as stupid. He should count his lucky stars that she proved who she really is, before they reproduced. 3 stars, best I can do.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Katie: "I hope she comes to her senses, she can't be that stupid to think it's OK for her, but not OK for you."

====> yes Ruby can and is that stupid. One missed plot opportunity: no discussion of all thr marriages the asshoke destroyed, the recent divorce triggered by infidelity with thr predator in the same company, and the other two women being pursued, the most recent before Ruby, being Dan's wife. Wtf? It was in the report. Yeah she took it upstairs. She didn't see any of that? Hubby didn't tell her to read the whole thing? Or tell her about thr other assignstions that destroyed or were about to destroy marriages? Ruby was a bit of a nutcase with the crazy hypocrisy. His plan B should have shocked her, but the asshole smooths it all over? Hubby makes it vociferously clear he will divorce her and serve her on Saturday morning at the hotel if she follows through and there will be no going back. But she still takes her overnight bag to the office? Somehow the pre-action letter changes anything? I am ok with reconciliations after a pre-emptive strike to shake up the dynamic and open the cheaters eyes provided it had not progressed too far (their emotional affair was not that long, like 2 months and not yet that intense beyond the predators indoctrination and smooth talk) AND she did not disparage or demean the husband (she didn't ardently defend him, but she did notnherslef diss him, though by not defending him, that means trouble). But despite the pre-emptive strike, the folder (though no discussion about all the other marriage destructions laid at thr feet of the asshole), his strident refusal and his clear ultimatum AND timing, instead it requires the pre-action letter? That is stretching things foe reconciliation. She was really brainwashed. The husband was proactive, and even then it just barely stopped her idiocy. That is anhard pill to swallow even with her epiphany and their counseling.

Did like the ending with five guys, identically clothed and covered, and slipping out one by one and coming back and not ratting anyone out. That is damn hard for the cops to do squat! Good ending.

5 stars for creativity, except the lack of anything about all the other seduction and marriages destroyed was a big miss imho.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This is fiction. Taking it as gospel truth or representative of rela life is asinine. This is for entertainment. Not deep moral introspection. Well written. He snapped her out of it. Still the long emotional affair would need serious work to reconcile. Fortunately it wasn't all that emotional in that she didn't develop serious feelings for the asshole and that allowed her husband's ultimatum to snap her out of it. Was creative.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos3 months ago

"Are women really as stupid and easily manipulated as so many of these LW stories suggest?" - The answer to this is... mostly yes, but sometimes no. There are a slew of personality traits that all humans have and what will not surprise anyone is that men and women do not have an equal distribution of these traits.

Men, for instance, tend to be more disagreeable - women, more agreeable. Men also tend to be less neurotic (that is to say, they don't feel negative emotions very strongly) while women tend to be highly neurotic. This combination of personality traits means that women are prone to influence from groups and individuals (they are agreeable, probably as a survival mechanism) and they tend to either avoid or placate when faced with the potential to experience negative emotions (again - you can see how this might be a darwinian influence given how dependant women are on groups and men for safety and resources).

We've all heard stories, real stories btw, of women who move, or change jobs and start hanging out with a new crowd and the next thing you know they are on girls night getting plastered and screwing around on their husbands or boyfriends. It's the result of their predisposition to go along with the group as well as avoid negative emotions (typically they'll compartmentalize their behavior to avoid feeling shame or guilt and in doing so they'll lose their empathy for their spouses). This usually lasts until something in their situation changes - they get caught or their friend group changes or grows up. Hell, you can see it in the non-cheating context on social media. Look at all the young women who say they are in their "slut era" and then notice how that drops off precipitously as their fertility starts to dwindle and all their friends become married and pregnant.

I know this is a pretty bleak picture but it's not actually as bad as you think because the inverse is true - You can just as easily be the person who has the most influence on your spouse by both not allowing her to have relations with people who are negative influence - to the point of not allowing her to even have a job that you don't approve of. The thing is - this used to be pretty common in most relationships, but it's fallen out of favor because men get labeled (justly) as "controlling".

The problem is - most women need to be controlled by a man and if it's not you, it's going to be someone else. If she's not going to be submissive to you, her husband, it's going to make it difficult for your relationship when she's at work and HAS to be submissive to her typically male boss or superiors. The easiest way to handle this with the least amount of grief is to simply set the standard by which the relationship will be governed and then make sure she understands that if she doesn't comply to the standard, then it's over. People now a days call this "having boundaries" but there's another word for it - leadership, which is what a man ought to strive for in a marriage.

To put it bluntly - while women control sex, men control access to relationships. Any woman can go out and get sex, but not any woman can go out and get a man to marry her who is of equal (or preferably above) social standing. Hell, the entire family court system is designed to cater for this fact because if it didn't exist, the vast majority of women would literally be slaved to their husbands out of financial obligation. And frankly, even with how much government has tried to neuter this relationship advantage that men have, you can still claw it back with things like pre-nups, post-nups, family trusts, keeping separate finances, not putting her on the title for property that she doesn't contribute to, etc.

The absolutely ironic thing about all this is despite how much women like to pretend that it's their god given right to be emancipated, most of them are actually HAPPIER when their husband is in a position of superiority to them. I know it sounds like I'm some sort of incel, but my opinion is based on sociological and psychological research as well as practical implementation. I've been happily married to a stunner of a woman, a professional and semi-famous adult model, for going on 16 years and she's incredibly happy and faithful to me.

Here's the thing - she almost understands consciously what is going on. She even joked to me a few months back, "I don't know why I need validation from you so much!" which was said in the context of how she gets so much attention and validation from her fans, even when we are out in public. I really had to maintain my poker face at the time because I know why. Hell, I set it up this way from the very start of our relationship and I've reinforced it every day since. She has to work for it. She has always had to work for it. She knows when I am not happy that our relationship is on rocky ground.

You ever heard the term "Happy wife, happy life?" Well that's bullshit. Absolute codswallop. A happy wife is one who thinks she's winning a prize every day - her loving husband, her lovely children, her beautiful house, her entire life that she loves. I've witnessed my wife say this to her friends - "My first job is to keep my husband happy and take care of him, my second job is to love our children and raise them, my third job is make some money with whatever time I have in between." This is a woman who if you saw her in a magazine spread, you'd think was the biggest fake titted huge assed blonde porn bimbo in the world, but in actuality she has the morals of a 1950s TV Mom. Obviously minus the aversion to nudity - which is frankly something I fostered in her because I wanted to be married to a big titted, huge assed blonde bimbo and I basically built one from the ground up (look at my user name!!!)

I'll be the first one to admit that I live an extreme life and I've gotten an extreme result because of it, but frankly if most men went even half or a quarter as much as I did there'd be a lot less divorces and a lot more men married to happy women.

Chimo1961Chimo19613 months ago

His idiot wife is nothing more than an entitled white. Dump her ass before you are slurping gangbang remains out of her.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The story carefully presents how a master seducer goes about his craft.

Must read for husband and wives and well as parents to learn how to protect their teen-age children and also prepare them for adulthood.

The Hoary Cleric

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Are women really as stupid and easy manipulated as so many of these LW stories suggest? If it's even a little bit close to the truth that's disturbing. I want to believe that all the stories are so far off the mark from almost every woman out there. But I have doubts...

After a while all the wives start to look the same. Different name but same basic person and story. Just once I'd like a story where the wife was actually able to listen to logic and reason, see the predator for what he is and what he's doing, then tell him to fuck off and say to the husband, "darling, you were right." Instead we get so many stories where it drags on and on as the wife ignores all sensibility until she's faced with losing everything (usually divorce papers served) then has a Eureka moment and snaps out of it. So formulaic and predictable.

Show More
Share this Story

story TAGS

Similar Stories

A Promise Made, A Vow Broken No such thing as a hall pass when it comes to wedding vows.in Loving Wives
Let Go CEO wife fires husband. What follows is the aftermath.in Loving Wives
An Unexpected Reaction To an unacceptable situation.in Loving Wives
Abandoned Rage Abandoned and humiliated in the worst way.in Loving Wives
Good Enough for the Goose... Stealing an accountant's wife can be dangerous.in Loving Wives
More Stories