All Comments on 'Whodunit'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 206 Comments (Page 2)
blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 1 year ago

Heh, well, that went in a different direction. Nice, Mr. 1957. Write another please, Randi

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Decent story but a terrible ending. Don’t think the character you set up would react that way. The worst people in the story get away with murder. I guess that’s life sometimes.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 1 year ago

Perfect outcome, but his kids? WTF. Telling him to defend her, then focus on his marriage? That was the moment he should have filed for divorce. Then told his kids to grow up.

redpoppiesredpoppiesover 1 year ago

Too cold for me. I'll never read another of your stories. The writing is decent but I think the thoughts behind it are hateful and putrid. Once again the system is not allowing me to award stars so this will be my only expression of disapproval.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I want an update where the kids get their own taste of heartbreaks and they try to beg Rollie's forgiveness. And Sandy's pale life in the pen.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Oh.....hell yeah!!!!! Enough said.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story. Karma really is a bad bitch.

DoNotPassGoDoNotPassGoover 1 year ago

That is so cold and brutal! *****

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 1 year ago

Hummm the cop has no morals but the cheating whore must have been a saint

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Rollie better run like hell away from his cold hearted partner, let’s an innocent women spend life in prison and he knows it, he’s as bad as she is

26thNC26thNCover 1 year ago

Great story, but the cheating bitch of a wife got off a lot easier than her lover. Brings a tear to the eye when poor cheaters find they’ve been cheated on too.

muskyboymuskyboyover 1 year ago

Outstanding! 5/5, and I almost never give LW stories a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Didn't like it much. Rollie is a fool if he ever sleeps with Leslie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It is fantasy not a real story. It was fun, thank you. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I don't see how he could trust his partner after he found out she was the killer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The exact story has already been written same plot about the female partner killing the wives lover. Same detail about her being in real estate as well. Whether it’s been ripped off or was previously read by you and subconsciously written, who knows? Either way it’s pretty low and should be removed.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 1 year ago

Excellent and gritty! 5/5!!

shopratshopratover 1 year ago

I have to agree with JamieCTaylor - the MC's love interest is murderous and he's just as bad as she is. No way they could ever have the trust needed for a good relationship. I'd like to see Karma catch up to this pair in a followup story.

opheliusopheliusover 1 year ago

I figured it out midway. Why else would there have been a reference to Leslie's close resemblance to the wife? Chekov's gun.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Absolutely fabulous. Les looked like the sluts younger sister. The neighborhood busy body lived down the street. Perfect for a close identification. Fuck those kids, cut pff all ties to someone who doesn't give a shit about your pain and suffering. They are not worthy of any of his concerns.

BehindbluisBehindbluisover 1 year ago

But now he knows the one he's with CAN plan and commit a cold-hearted murder. Seems like a continuation in the making....

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

To be honest, I thought that Leslie was one of the mistresses and she found out that she was competing for her lover with Rolly's wife

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A great well written story. An ending that I didn’t see coming; even after all hints.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Five Stars

5***** from me. Outstanding story.

One thing to remember though, never, Never, NEVER, piss off a woman like this.

TajfaTajfaover 1 year ago

Very well written but so much for justice. Gave 4 stars for a story well told. It was almost a 2 because the killer got off Scot free while the cheater but non killer got life in jail. The punishment did not fit the crime.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I enjoyed it but you telegraphed the ending within the first 100 words.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Pretty bad , his cop partner murders his wife’s lover. And he is okay with that! I don’t care how bad his wife was cheating just divorce her. Murder is a crime punishable by life or very long prison time.. how can he accept that she can kill anyone in a jealous rage. There is no way to justify this crime except those who hate women theBTB club sucks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

God way to handle cheaters

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This was really well put together. Hooked dropped that clue right at the start, then brought it back at the end, and with a surprising motive. I, QuickMagazine, like an actual Anon who commented a few hours ago, thought when Rollie figured it out that Leslie would have been yet another of the victim's mistresses. Anyway, Rollie made the right call, since justice had already been served, quite nicely all around. This got a QuickMagazine 4. Why not a 5? Because it should have included an epilogue in which Rollie and Leslie ("his younger partner") go on to have children, with Rollie cutting off and disowning those two ingrates he made with Sandy.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 1 year ago

@Lickideesplit - "Unlikely a female cop would depend on her civilian looks to fool a neighbor (who Leslie probably did not know about) to cover for a murder!" - Don't think that she was so much COUNTING on it, but figured that if she was seen that the witness would identify the wife.

\

I don't think that she was suspected soon enough to check for GSR. I could be mistaken.

kdad9010kdad9010over 1 year ago

We all knew the wife didn’t do it but I didn’t expect the husband and his partner to turn out to be the true villains! Getting away with it would be one thing but framing someone to go to jail for life! Wow. That’s some VERY dirty cops!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Serious BTB dude. Righteous?

Get rid of of one slag, at least no alimony. Rollie should sleep very pussyfoot, one wrong situation and he might just get ventilated by a 38. My Dad taught me to never trust a smiling cat.

But, we all know the good ones are somewhat bat-shit crazy, right?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow, what a comic story. As a person who actually worked Homicide I smiled thru the investigation process like it was a comedy. Then at the conclusion when you partner confessed and he said Okay, I thought how disrespectful you were toward the police profession. What a terrible impression to make on citizens who don’t know law enforcement personnel. I am really surprised and dishearten by your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

All cops are bastards. Especially that you’re related to

NudeInMaineNudeInMaineover 1 year ago

I didn’t see anywhere where the detectives tried to look into her alibi. Like who called to set up the appointment to show a house. To lure her away while they got the gun from the closet. (Who else might have known about the gun? His partner?). Maybe his wife cheated. But to spend 20 years in prison because her husband is an asshole too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Continuation where Rollie and killer get caught because. Hildreth also see the resemblance and ask for a further investigation..Rollie and partner MUST be. Brought to justice as Sandy's punishment for cheating Does NOT fi/ the crime and life imprisonment should NEVER be punishment for cheating no matter how the scumbag women haters on here feel about it...Rollie never paid his wife much attention and probably beat her as cops sometimes do...

NudeInMaineNudeInMaineover 1 year ago

Also: He didn’t care much about his kids if he was going to let his wife rot in prison for something she didn’t do.

LoejtcLoejtcover 1 year ago

Unique! Surprising. Creative.

As for commenters complaining about disrespecting the police, would it be OK if Rollie was a plumber, engineer, lawyer, etc? There's good and bad in every walk of life.

teedeedubteedeedubover 1 year ago

Great story. This is fiction, right? What's with all the haters? Fun story!

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyover 1 year ago

The "Artist" was finished the moment he decided he could talk shit with impunity. I wouldn't be sad he got ventilated if he wanted to be a tough guy so fuck him and the wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The wailing and gnashing of teeth over the "disrespect" supposedly being shown to the police are laughable and pathetically manipulative. As is true of every profession, employment in law enforcement is no guarantee of lawful or ethical behavior. Derek Chauvin, Jon Burge, Louis Eppolito, David Mack, Kenneth Bowen and Joseph Miedzianowski are just a few of those who have smeared the thin blue line with shame. Fortunately, such corruption is uncommon. All the cops I know are law abiding, hard working mortals who harbor no delusions of sainthood.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Writer left a hole in the story line when stated that Rolli's last line in his story to detectives was false. Needed to be answered other than conjecture from the reader. Should have had some sort of reconciliation or understanding with his children.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Rollie had a choice. Take back Sandy who cheated on him for two years or go with a fresh start with a woman who killed for his love? Good choice for Rollie. A fresh start with a woman who looks like Sandy and actually loves him and him alone.

HeypossumHeypossumover 1 year ago

A very fun story 5 stars

TonyspencerTonyspencerover 1 year ago

Karma all round I think. Nice and neat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I gave it 2 stars not because of poor writing or spelling but because it was copied. I read a story about a year ago on this site that mirrored almost the whole thing except name changes, not good to try and rip another person's story by making it your own by only changing names in it, not original and certainly not what is to he expected here, on the plus note the original only got 3 stars as you could predict the outcome of the story long before the ending was like watching +1 on the TV after watching same episode on normal.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 1 year ago

It was easy enough to figure out... "Knifes Out", this wasn't, but a pleasant read nonetheless.

I'm usually not down with people getting killed or wrongly imprisoned... but, for some reason, I can't muster up any compassion to the 'innocent' parties here. 'Guess that's what they call karma.

Thanks for the share, author.

redbaron172redbaron172over 1 year ago

Gees 144 comments in two days????!!!! and half are cop haters..... wow.... good story though, being a cops wife is tough on a woman, especially a detective in a larger city. Few holes though, comments early on that his partner looks like she could be his wifes sister?? Little side banging maybe there... open for investigation.... still a great story!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Where's Traci? You and she must have reconciled in real life.

SteelPaperTSteelPaperTover 1 year ago

What a wonderfull story ... finally EVERYONE gets what they deserve 5 * to the 5th power

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5 Stars on this one . Good Story

AllNigherAllNigherover 1 year ago

Not bad. Can't quite understand the kids reactions though. Also keep in mind in relation to this part "From there, it only took five days before a jury came back with a guilty plea. " the accused puts in a plea... eg their response to the charges. So they can plea guilty and not have a trial. Juries deliver a verdict of guilty or not guilty... not a plea.

Not bad though.... kind of saw the direction it was going though. Too many references to similarities to wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I don't get it. Rollie finds out his partner is a cold blooded back shooting assassin who killed her lover and framed his cheating wife up to take the fall, and now he believes Leslie when she said she loves Rollie? I would run.

And the readers are happy with this ending?

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

Nothing like true love.............................5 stars

GladstonGlieseGladstonGlieseover 1 year ago

Always hate to see heartless, ungrateful kids in an infidelity tale, but a fun story.

MarkT63MarkT63over 1 year ago

Ended too quick...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I agree with the commenter who finds this a dubious ending. The woman who gave birth to his children & spent 24 years as his life-partner is framed by his work-partner, both of whom had affairs with the same douchebag. Yet, his feelings of betrayal surpass any feelings of familial loyalty. He prefers the love of the murderer to that of his children. Makes for a neat tale, I guess; but in reality, this is an absurd outcome. Fact is, he should not even trust the woman to be on duty with her. After all, she knows he can turn her in at any time. So, if and when they have a falling out, she might arrange for him to be in harms way, while on duty.

shadrachtshadrachtover 1 year ago

Not sure where the commenters are getting that Leslie (the partner) slept with the murdered man. That is not supported by the story at all.

It was an okay story - justice was had. The only people that didn't suffer or have any shown consequences are the kids who were so blase about their mother being a cheater.

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941over 1 year ago

Short but good, well worth the read.

deblackbusterdeblackbusterover 1 year ago

Insert surprised pikachu face here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The commentators need to get together as we need to do an INTERVENTION with Hooked. Look, 25 year old guys don’t spend a lot of time banging 50 year old women. They may get drunk and go a round or two with them now and then……but they don’t answer the phone calls from the SENIORS too often after that…..let alone shack up with them. Ask any cougar about that. If Demi Moore couldn’t hold Adam Kutchner ……..a Traci ain’t holding on to Hooked’s 25 year old 6-2, 200 pound chiseled studs. If needed we can take Hooked to a strip club and show him the body of a 25 year old and then the body on a fifty year old……maybe we can get a cougar drunk and have her take off her clothes for Hooked. Their muscles just ain’t the same……especially when you grab ahold of them ….grab ahold hard when doing the horizontal dance……there just isn’t the resistance to your grip you absolutely need at that crucial moment. R. H.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 1 year ago

Why is it that the Anonymous dopes that comment on this site are so full of absolutes and platitudes that their thought process turns into one an arrogant dupe. I am pretty sure somewhere in this big country a"cougar"

is screwing a 25 year old ,say every day. Now the story. Nice concise tale with just the correct amount of betrayal to make the "just happening" revenge unique and well just. On top of it all the victims get a 25 year old (oh twice in one story) still my heart. 70 year old politicians aren't the only ones who should have to take an intelligence test. Finally, I would bet the kids didn't like their dad's sense of justice, morality and right vs wrong...Fuck em. They really won't like his young girl friend...

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefabout 1 year ago

Loved the story and saw the ending before it was reviled and then just had to smile. Can't say I'm happy with the kids, kind of turds if you ask me. I guess murder trumps infidelity in their minds, and Dad can just suck it up. I can see why some people don't like this story, but I think Sandy got what she deserved in spades, just luckley it wasn't the death penalty.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Hey cuck writer, this is 5 stars, well done.

I thought the killer was Rollie but Les is even better!!

Les looks loke his wife which is why the neighbour identified the wife!!

Best outcome for 2 cheaters!!

As for his kids, both bastards can go fuck themselves!!

Old_LionOld_Lionabout 1 year ago

A very good BTB and Burn the Bastard Story. AND a happy ending as well

Kudos!!

muddman74muddman74about 1 year ago

Cool story. Not realistic, but I do like the way the author kept us guessing who done it until the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Love it!

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionabout 1 year ago

I read this story before. I don't remember what score I gave it the first time, probably 4-stars. It was a good story, and even knowing how it would turn out I still liked reading it. I will make one observation. His wife was a bitch, and a two-year affair was totally wrong. Serving a life sentence for adultery is too much. His partner was a police officer and shouldn't get away with murder either. Were the kids wrong, absolutely. They have no life references to understand the pain and hurt their dad was feeling. Hopefully they never will. So, 4-stars for the entertainment value only.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Excellent! You handled the 'reveal' perfectly; if Rollie had found his wife was innocent before the trial, it would have ruined a very good story.

Especially liked the character development. Rollie is pretty much a normal person, and we weren't given some BS about how kind he had been to his children and small animals.

Great story!

IndyOnIndyOn11 months ago

Sandi?....really?....I was beginning to think that the only cheating women were named Traci?

Great story...*5*

RetiredScientist1943RetiredScientist19439 months ago

Another great story! One minor point of fact though. In some of your stories you have the guy throwing up his supper the morning after. Food only stays in the stomach no more that 2 hours before it moves on to the small intestine.

photogman18photogman188 months ago

Excellent story. I figured it out early, but it was well written and the plotwas refreshing.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

lmao I loved this one. But goddamn in most of your stories the kids are absolute pieces of human trash who always taking the cheating mother's side.

Sandy got what she deserved in my book. A life sentence may seem harsh but cheating on a spouse is like killing them. If the cheating is premeditated she deserves to go down for murder 1

SorchakSorchak8 months ago

Why is it that Hooked's MC's kids who are under the age of 18 are ALL smarter than the adult ones? Every story I've read of his in which the kids are adults they want their cheated-on father to forgive the skank, or in this case support her in her murder trial. It's like once they get to the age of 20 or so, their brains leak out their ears. And yet, he never tells them off, either. If I found out my wife was cheating on me, and my kids supported her more than me, I'd tell them where to go and how to get there. They're adults (supposedly), they should be able to handle it.

But if they're between 12 and 18, they mostly side with good ole Dad and condemn her for breaking up the family.

So now the question is, does he hold his not-so-smart offspring at arm's length from now on, or does he forgive them for being stupid?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Got what she deserveded!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

What does justice have to do with it?

Two wrongs make it right?

Fraternal order of police partners?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

5 stars on this one . My 15 year old daughter lied in court . She said that sometimes when i looked at her it made her feel creepy . I gave her an extra 50 thou to change their last name to her mother's maiden name . Every year in January I have been getting 10 thou put into a bank in the Grand Caymans . My Grandfather and father both played the stock market . I also have a couple shares of Warren Buffett stock . I am worth more than 3 mill . But nobody knows that but Me and the other people here .

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Karmic justice prevails! I hope Leslie likes chocolate cake donuts. Four stars ⭐️ for this one.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

5 stars, damn i love it when dastardly deeds are done for real justice and the victims end up on top.

to the anonymouse who posted this;;

;Anonymous26 days ago

What does justice have to do with it?

Two wrongs make it right?

Fraternal order of police partners?

Bet youre just fine w/ all the political monkey shines, corruption and illegal unconstitutional shit taking place w/in the democrap party but are "upset" when public safety types provide a little cover up for ea other when overwhelmed w/ disrespect hatred etc from the scum theyre suppposed to protect, Fuck yuou and yours

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

She is a cop so getting a street gun should have been the first thing she did. You want to get rid of a cheating wife then tell the respectable police officer that his wife is a cheating slut and let the clues lead to an unknow assailant not the cop's gun and wife.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

KARMA !!!!

FluidswallowerFluidswallower6 months ago

Sweet!!! Thanks for an interesting and fun read.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster16 months ago

OMFG.... !!!

I thought that his wife was set-up once the info about her 'client' not showing up for the appointment to see the house was given...

...since we never knew until almost the very end of the story that his partner looked similar to his wife, I didn't figure her gor the killer.

THEN, you throw a HUGE curveball in the last paragraph, after he recounts the facts discovered and admitted, when he accepts her as his new love !!!

I did NOT see that coming, so FIVE STARS for a very well-crafted story with a shock ending !

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

a great story. not totally surprised that the lady partner did it, but great ending.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I be damned. I had the wife figured for it about half way through. Then later I thought maybe Rollie actually did it. Fooled me, Hooked, I just never considered the partner. Good point on the vomiting, RetiredScientist, I had wondered about that myself once or twice. I’m not a scientist but it just seemed unlikely to me.

Great story, Hooked. But don’t stop now.

Five stars. I

drbenchpress66drbenchpress665 months ago

Haha shiiit man I wanted the wife to find out who set her up but that might’ve been too much

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

While ironic, the final piece knocked a star off. Life in prison for a woman innocent of murder? Four stars for a tale well told.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Fully agree with anom two months ago. Get a street gun and do the deed if you want to, and let Rollie know about the cheating, so he can divorce and become available.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

WOW….I’m supposed to be sympathetic to a murderer.

Maybe the worst story I’ve ever read.

Just_WordsJust_Words4 months ago

I read it again and it's still 5*****! I can't feel too sorry for the wife given her hypocrisy and dishonesty.

MisterPGMisterPG4 months ago

A downright evil revenge.

5 stars

knoxhardknoxhard4 months ago

Juries render verdicts. A guilty plea is the result of a plea agreement reached by the prosecutor and defendant rather than go to trial. It's the criminal equivalent of a settlement agreement in a civil case.

Generally, I love me a story from Hook. This one not so much. Not because of the plea mistake. Stuff happens. Story was just awkward. He has to stop working the case immediately, not after he interrogates his wife. Because he is a suspect! His wife was fucking the victim! Ummmm, motive.? There is no way he questions her. No way that he takes control of the pistol.

And the end is just awful.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

ACAB.

Anyway, she'll murder him sooner or later.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

To bad, so sad that the bitch is in prison!! When she got pissed at the love of her life because he was cheating on her, the cheater. And the kids and their attitude, really pathetic. I liked the story and the odd revenge!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous