Willing Slave, Unwilling Master Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Unless they think, if they pile on enough pressure I will hand Rose over voluntarily.

Well, they have another thing coming. I will fight to protect Rose and the people I love even if my efforts are completely worthless. I refuse to sit idly by and wait for whatever storm is approaching to hit; I refuse to be powerless.

The ding of the kettle snaps me out of my reverie and I go about making a round of drinks for my friends and my slave.

— — —

Rose seems much more relaxed now that she is settled in my lap with pizza to munch on. It is a shame Emily couldn't be here, but I really don't want my parents to know I've introduced my friends to Rose, no matter how innocent today's get together is.

It has been quite interesting listening to the answers Rose has for my friends' questions. It's not really new information for me, but I think it's useful for Rose to be able to talk about her experiences in her own terms. I'm hoping, in time it will allow her to compare the life she has led to the one I want her to have, which in turn will encourage her to work towards freedom.

"Did you know we nearly kicked Dan out of our society when he told us he had acquired you?" Theo says conversationally, refusing to make eye contact with anyone as usual.

"Theo..." I warn, as Rose gives me a worried look.

"I'm sorry, Master." she says quietly.

"You have nothing to be sorry for," Claire interjects, "does she Theodore?"

I have never quite worked out how my ginger haired friend manages to say someone's name and make it sound like a threat, but she is going to make one hell of a terrifying mum at some point.

Theo actually looks up, suddenly aware he is in trouble. "I meant no offence," he says quickly. "I only mean, I'm glad we didn't; Dan treats her very well."

"True," Jasper grins. "I was half expecting to find her dressed in only a collar," he says jokingly.

I grimace; deciding pizza is a much more tempting proposition than trying to explain Rose's obsession with restrictive neck wear.

"Please, Master," Rose says, and I can feel her tense in my arms. "I'm not a good enough girl to deserve my collar."

There's a moment of silence as I awkwardly chew and practically inhale a large amount of pizza while my friends look at each other, not sure what to say.

"Rose, that isn't why I haven't got you a collar. It's just..." I really don't want to have this discussion in front of my friends. "We'll talk about it later okay?"

She nods.

Desperately racking my brain for a change of subject, I remember something I wanted to ask her about for a few weeks but the opportunity hasn't presented itself until now. "Rose, you said, you used to see a doctor very often. Why don't you tell us about that?"

"Yes, Master," she replies, nuzzling my chest as if needing reassurance I still care about her. Rolling my eyes I wrap her in a tight hug, kissing her deep red hair.

"We used to see the doctor every day before lunch, Master. She was very kind to us. When we were younger all eleven of us would visit her lab, appointments took a very long time. But when we were separated it, was better, quicker."

"And this was every day?" Claire asks with a frown.

"Yes, Mistress."

"What did the doctor do to you, Rose?" I ask, her confusing biology suddenly making a bit more sense to me. What the hell did they do to this girl at the compound? My first theory of her being the result of over breeding is quickly falling apart; she's clearly more special than I realized.

"She took our blood, Master, and made us lie in like a big tube and hold very still. I don't really understand what that was for," she admits.

"Sounds like a total body scanner," Jasper points out.

I nod, prompting Rose to continue.

"She also made us do puzzles and Math with little wires stuck to our heads. Again, I don't really understand what for, Master."

They sound like cognitive tests to me. I can't imagine any human letting someone perform medical experiments on them every day without even asking what was being done to them or why. It is another sharp reminder of just how cruelly the Lower Vil are treated.

My friends continue to ask Rose about her experiences at the hand of the doctor, but she knows very little and I find myself forced to draw a halt to the discussion in order to give Rose a chance to finish the rest of her food.

— — —

"Right, you two are free to do whatever you want until I get back," I say, pulling on my coat.

Emily and Rose share a look halfway between confusion and outright alarm.

"It's called having free time," I continue, noticing how Emily winces at the use of the word 'free'.

"Can't I come with you, Master?" Rose asks mournfully, drawing if possible an even more alarmed look from her friend.

I sigh; my friends left a while ago and despite some initial setbacks I think the meeting went well. Rose certainly warmed up to them in the end, which is a positive given I plan to move in with them when I go to university next year. That is assuming I haven't been arrested or worse by then.

"You know we can't risk it, sweetie," I reply, a lump in my throat. I am still not entirely sure if what I have planned is the right thing to do or not. "Why don't you watch Emily's shows with her? Or you two could watch a movie?" I suggest.

"Can we cuddle?" she asks enthusiastically.

"Of course you can."

Even Emily looks excited now. Not for the first time I wonder just how much of how the Lower Vil act is nature and how much is nurture. Despite how adorable Emily and Rose are, they don't exactly strike me as people who could survive out in the wild. Not that I know what the wilds of Vil'rah are like; for all I know the planet could be covered by lemonade seas and majestic fluffy cuddle lions.

"Now behave yourselves," I say, pulling Rose into a hug which she happily returns. "And if Anne says anything, tell her to write me a note."

With a smirk, I watch both girls nod before turning and stepping out into the crunching gravel. This little stunt probably isn't going to earn me too many brownie points with my parents; Rose is mine to command but telling Emily she can have an afternoon off cleaning an already spotless house is bound to get me into trouble.

I snort, turning my collar up against the unseasonably chill wind, like I could be facing down any more trouble.

— — —

Paper bag stowed safely in the inside pocket of my jacket I briskly make my way down a grav-car-lined side street which acts as a cut-through from the main shopping precinct to the central transport hub. The cold wind that was annoying in the suburbs is almost crippling in the city as it is forced between the massive skyscrapers that blanket the streets below them into perpetual twilight.

Thankfully I don't have far to go; I keep my head down, fantasizing about the warm train carrying me home. At least the hot air thrown out by all the idling grav-cars parked beside the path keeps my ankles warm. Suddenly a large box falls straight in front of me accompanied by a panicked yell of 'Watch out!'

Stopping dead in my tracks I look around wildly, only to come face to face with a mountain of a man pushing a completely overloaded floating trolley. The box that nearly crushed me must have fallen off from the top.

"You 'kay?" he asks, with a breathy wheeze.

"Yeah, yeah fine," I say, making to sidestep the box. "Lucky escape, huh?"

His laugh is more of a bark before offering a massive gloved hand. "Sorry 'bout all this," he says, not sounding sorry at all.

"It's fine," I reply, quickly putting my right hand in his. "Look sorry, I would stay and help but I really need to catch the next train."

He nods and releases my hand. "Off ya go, then!"

Hurrying away I allow myself a nervous laugh. The paranoia must really be getting the best of me, because I could have sworn his phone beeped at the exact moment I touched his hand.

— — —

Rose

A strange ringing sound fills the room, causing me to jump and Emily to let out a startled squeak before wiggling out of my arms. I watch as she pauses her show with a flick of her wrist, before diving on a long black device sitting on the coffee table.

"Fallow residence, Mr. Fallow's servant speaking," she says sweetly into what I realize is a phone.

There's a pause as whoever is phoning replies.

"Yes, Master Dan, I will make sure of it. Do you want to talk to her?"

I sit up quickly, eager to do anything my Master might require of me.

"Okay, Master, I will see you soon." And with that Emily puts down the phone, turning to me.

"Your Master wants you to go to his room and wait there until he sends for you. Okay?"

I nod, quickly getting to my feet. "Did he sound angry with me?" I ask. Remembering that being sent to their rooms is a punishment for some human children, how that constitutes a punishment I don't know.

"No, he sounded strange," she replies, "Now go quick, quick. He said he would be home soon."

— — —

It feels like I've been sitting in this room forever. I kneel on the rug, familiar from my first day in Master's care, trying desperately to fall into the meditative state that must be achieved if you want to stay in one position for long, long periods of time.

But it's no good. I just can't settle myself down. Master has never treated me like this; he's always told me what's happening. Perhaps he's decided to sell me after all. Oh please don't let that be true, I don't want another owner. I want my Master.

Suddenly the door opens and Emily strides into the room, her face expressionless. "Strip," she says curtly.

Oh no, oh no. Panic grips me and I fumble with my jeans, the button continually slipping through my trembling fingers. Without missing a beat Emily quickly steps up to help me, and soon I am standing naked in the centre of Master's room.

"Wait here," she says, wandering into the bathroom only to return a few seconds later with my hairbrush which she uses to gently tug my hair back into what I hope is a respectable fashion. "Beautiful," she murmurs before gently guiding me from the room.

I'm so distracted by what's happening that for once in my life I manage to make it downstairs without being led astray by my curiosity.

Entering the lounge I'm struck by just how many people are gathered there. My Master sits on the sofa, with Mistress Jezebel and Zack standing to one side and Anne, who is quickly joined by Emily stood on the other.

"Enter slave and kneel before me." The words don't seem natural coming from my owner. But I do as I'm told quickly, trying my best to make sure my position is completely perfect. This all feels strangely familiar, but I can't think why.

"Close your eyes Rose," Master says softly.

I obey at once, determined not to tremble even as I hear a rustling sound in front of me. 'Whatever is about to happen, I will be a good girl, nothing bad can happen to me if I'm obedient', I tell myself like a mantra inside my own head.

"You can look."

Opening my eyes I see that Master is holding something out to me. A strap of shiny black leather, decorated with a small golden loop from which dangles a glittering charm in the shape of a red flower; a rose. It's a collar! Master has gotten me my collar!

"Do you like it?" he asks with a crooked smile.

"Yes, Master! It's wonderful!" I reply at once, having to hold my wrists behind my back to stop me snatching the collar from his hands.

"You might not have noticed, but this isn't like other collars; there is no key, you can take this off whenever you want."

I frown before I can stop myself. Why would I ever want to take it off?

Shaking his head Master laughs softly, "I know you don't understand why that's important right now, but I hope someday you will."

I nod slowly.

"Also, sorry about all this," he uses his chin to gesture around the room. "Zack and Emily told me this is how Lower Vil traditionally receive their collars."

Now the familiarity makes sense, how many times have I read about this very ceremony? And yet, when it was happening to me, it completely slipped my mind. It must be because I never expected Master to do this for me; in truth I don't think he really wanted to. But he knew what it would mean to me and so he did it to make me happy. Master really is wonderfully strange.

"Now, there are conditions to be met if you want to wear this," he says, not quite managing to pull off a stern voice. "You will continue to work towards your independence, even when it's scary. And you will do your best to find your own happiness, knowing I will always be there to support you. Do you understand?"

"Yes...," I bite my lip, glancing around the room very aware of just how many people are watching. "I understand, Master."

"Then Rose, I pronounce you as mine, binding you to me until the end of your days," Master recites leaning forward and fastening the collar around my neck before bending close for a kiss.

Beside me Jezebel claps, "Oh, she's so cute! This calls for pizza!"

"We had pizza at lunch," Master says, pulling away as, as if on cue, Emily and Zack draw close, offering hugs and congratulations.

"So?" Jezebel says, gently patting my hair as she walks past. "You can never have enough pizza; it's a proven fact."

"Proven by who?" Master laughs, letting me nuzzle his hand as he stands.

"Me." Jezebel replies simply.

"Right," my owner replies, stretching out the word. "Well, you order that while I go and help Rose get dressed. It's far too cold for her to be naked."

The slaves surrounding me move away obediently as Master helps me to my feet. He wraps me in a tight hug before taking my hand and leading me from the room. I can't help but have a spring in my step as we stroll down the corridor. I have a perfect Master, friends, my collar and even my cough seems to be getting a little less frequent. I couldn't have dreamed for a better life!

"Sorry I sprung that on you," Master says, "I thought it might be a nice surprise."

"It was a wonderful surprise, Master, thank you!"

"Well, I heard what you said earlier and I didn't want you thinking you weren't good enough for me."

"I'm not sure I am good enough for you, Master," I admit honestly, "But I will try my hardest to live up to your expectations, I promise!"

"Well, I can't ask for much more than that, now can I?" he smirks, "And I will always be there for you Rose, I promise."

Nodding I cuddle up against his side, relishing the feeling of his arm around my shoulders as he leads me to his bedroom. Still buzzing with elation I head to the bathroom, intent on freshening up quickly so I can get back to my Master.

Splashing cold water on my face I take a moment to admire my new collar. The leather is shiny and black, yet very soft and my owner has taken care not to fix it to tightly around my neck. Smiling at my own reflection, I move the rose pendant so it sparkles in the light; it's so perfect.

The coughing fit hits so suddenly and fiercely that it doubles me over, as if someone had punched me directly in the solar-plexus. I grab for the sink to steady myself, sending the glass that holds our toothbrushes flying.

"Rose!?" Master shouts as the glass shatters against the tile floor.

— — —

Dan

My heart pounds in my chest as I burst into the bathroom. Rose is bent double, clutching onto the sink for dear life, tiny fragments of glass scattered around her bare feet. She's still coughing, each harsh bark hitting her slender body like a prize fighter.

Glass crunches under my trainers as I hurry to her side. I let her lean against me as with a final whimper the attack subsides. She looks up at me, her green eyes filled with the same terror as the first day we met, before she slowly pulls her hand away from her mouth, to reveal a palm full of frothy blood.

"Oh, sweet stars above."

She whimpers softly in my arms, trying desperately to reach the sink.

"No, don't move," I say in a panic, "you will cut yourself on the glass."

She nods slowly and I carefully pick her up. I am not muscular by any means, but Rose seems to weigh barely anything as I carry her out of the bathroom and lay her gently on the bed, grabbing one of my discarded t-shirts in order to clean the blood from her hand.

"I'm sorry, Master," she whispers, refusing to meet my gaze.

"You have nothing to be sorry for," I tell her, "just relax okay?"

She nods, "Yes, Master," I wince at how much defeat there is in her voice.

Suddenly the bedroom door bangs open. Turning on the spot I come face to face with Jezebel, who holds out the phone for me in a trembling hand. I am about to tell her to go away when I notice the look on her face.

I take the receiver in silence. "Hello?"

"Dan!" My dad replies at once, his voice frantic. "We've just had enforcers asking us who's at home tonight." There is a pause and I can hear my father breathing heavily. "You need to get out of the house. Now!"

12