Winding Creek Pt. 03 - Marriage

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh Gawd."

He stiffened. She looked up at him.

"You promised you'd stay still."

Luke quickly nodded into his wife's glowing eyes. Her hand started moving again. Slowly at first. Up n down. Squeezing sometimes at the base, keeping that same firm touch as she lifted her hand. She turned her eyes away, the wet warmth of her mouth covering the free-flowing tip. He groaned as he saw her cheeks hollow n then exploded when her faster moving hand mixed with her tongue lashin' the tiny slit at the very tip drew what was hers from deep inside. Pulling her face away, the spurtin' heat splashed hot against her cheek. The next flew over shoulder as she tried pointin' it away. She stared as his cock continued throbbing in her hand as more of the thick n runny mixture rumbled out the end. It slowly coated her hand. She stared as it slowed n then looked to her husband's face. Tight jawed, his eyes blazed into hers. His lips parted and his long, low groan made her smile. Her mama would be proud of her effort. Her sister would just smile...

----------------------------------------------------O----------------------------------------------------------------

Lucas Baxter marveled at his wife as she moved around their bedroom wearin' his once worn shirt. Her dark nippled breasts, heavy n still swellin', swayed above the growing signs of their comin' child. Her belly started growing 'bout the same time as the mornin' sickness slowed. Her breasts swelled not to long after n her need fer lovin': Dropped like a stone. Their love life mite 've stopped, but Luke were thankful for the good things and not to peevish 'bout the not so good. Linda took to some of his askins, maybe more than he had a right to 'xpect; Others, not so much.

She still favored buckskin pants (til her belly swelled some), then relented to her mother n Tiffs pushin' her to wear a split skirt. Tiff would refashion Lukes worn shirts for her to wear as blouses to squeeze the last bit of wear form the linen and sometimes cotton fabric. A rolled up chamois sometimes covered her underneath 'em, n sometimes not.

When he'd asked Jim to make the new room bigger, 'more space fer when babies started arrivin', she fussed sayin' she liked her parents' room. He'd learnt right quick then n there were that no amount of reasonin' could move Linda n her mother when they lined up ag'in him. Tiffany, who was mostly smilin' now, were most always right behind 'em. The new room would be Miss Debra's.

It was later that same evenin', after the house settled n the night sounds took over, that Linda rewarded him fer his acquiescence.

That girl could be hell in a sack wen she put her mind to it. There were more then one mornin' the newlyweds, Luke studyin' his coffee n Linda Jean flushed from twixt her breasts to her ears, fell under some all knowin' eyes at breakfist. Linda Jean, (when they were still fuckin' like bunnie rabbits), preferred straddlin' his hips with her feet tight ag'in him near under his arms. She could lean back n stare inta Lukes eyes as they made love. When she finally clung to him n shuddered n bit her lip, (sometimes more in once), she'd slowly curl up n over to cling to him n slowly roll her round little bottom like she were tryin' to git more of him inside. When she finally settled, Luke liked easin' her onta back, lock her knees over his elbows n give 'er hell... Well sum times...

N Choo-Choo, he was fast becomin' just that. The boy was everywhere, mostly under foot n soon he'd have a friend to grow up with.

The ranch were in better shape than anyone could remember. Corrals were near filled n the bunk house fillin' as well. A thin wisp of gray from the new smokehouse stood truth to the better times now bein' had.

The only sadness they'd shared was losin' J.D.. Three days after their weddin', he passed quietly in the night. It were decided he n the rest of the family, when their time came, would rest together sum three hundred feet from the old Sycamore facing the far-off mountains. The decorative fence markin' the area would be made when the new black smith arrived...

There were several new arrivals to Winding Creek. Most had takin' notice of the Blake's offer of tools and the availability of land Luke posted in more n one newspaper. Even the tales of gold discovered in California that sent thousands west was provin' profitable and helped add to the fast growin' ranch n community.

In Independence, Oscar, always a friend to the family, made everyone a nice bit of gold from the sellin' n trading of their horses n mules. The oxen that were unable to make the long arduous trek west, did fine on a farm pullin' a plow or leading a slow movin' buck board. Buy low n sell high with long winded barter... It were all just good business.

Durin' his business n such, Oscar would often extoll the virtues of Winding Creek and the Blake Family's offerin's. He'd chose careful who to share the 'limitless possibilities' with; Made sure they were 'desirables'... Farmers and tradesmen mostly. Folks he himself would like to live 'mongst when he finally settled to a long porch n rockin' chair far away from any livery...

Smoke Garcia, at the proddin' of Luis Tee n himself, started a regular freight line from Independence to Winding Creek n sometime Gonzales. Smoke had the force of will to handle the hard-bitten teamsters and the ability to settle any differences that might come up. Horses n mules flowed east and goods, oxen n sometimes settlers flowed back. Soon, there'd be hard raised crops n not to long after that, some cattle n such headin' to Independence...

Mail was sent n started arrivin' regular along with whatever newspapers were available; a tribute to Luis Tee. A post office n small house were added across from the renamed L & L livery. Three fingered Mike had left under the cover of darkness n most of what he stole were left behind with Sheriff Rivers. The gal that were comin', didn't.

When more then one woman inquired 'bout the job as U.S. Postal Mistress, Tiff had made the suggestion of Gretchen Billings, Mathew Billings widow. She'd been a longtime friend from school and helped during her marriage to Jack. She would tend the post office n kept a sharp eye on the liveries men until the blacksmith arrived...

Things had sorted themselves quite well between the Blakes, Season's n Trombley's. Judge Pickett had paid a visit to the grieving family n offered to mediate the possible legalities of Jack passin' with no will or other written word. He thought he might get two sections of land next to the Trombley farm fer the Seasons ranch in a quiet settlement. They could stay on the Seasons ranch until a new home could be raised on one of the new sections. When Tom harvested the crops he'd planted; he'd send maybe twenty percent to the Blake ranch.

The Blakes had the law on their side. The Seasons daughters no legal right and something was better than nothing after all. It would all belong to 'Little Jack' as they referred to Jacks Seasons only heir.

The oldest sister Gretchen balked hard at the offer. Tom saw the sense in it. His wife just held Toms hand and looked to her husband. Judge Pickett slow played the rest of his hand. Luke had authorized three sections of land, but no more.

The Judge tried reasoning with the fresh made widow, holdin' her hands in his as he explained some of the legal details involved. His finger started lightly strokin' her palm hidden underneath their hands. The widow looked at the man well past the age of her dead father.

"You know a woman has no legal standing Mrs. Billings. Lucas Blake, as young Jack's solicitor, is being more than fair. Maybe I can negotiate a little something extra for you, so you can start fresh."

She felt his hand tighten ever so slightly. The years she'd spent with her deviant husband taught her much more then this old letch might ever know. That murderin' family had no right to what her family had worked so hard for. And what about her own daughter? She was going to see Lucas Blake pay for killing her brother and then her husband. N that yellow haired la-tee-dah who trapped Jack into marriage; She was going to pay too. Besides, with all the goings on at the time, who knew who little Jacks father really was?

She forced a tear from her eye and smiled weakly. She had no choice now.

"I-I'll trust you Judge. Just please do the best You can. I'll be more in grateful."

She gently squeezed the married man's hand and noted the soft smile and flash in his eyes. Tom witnessed that moment too, knowin' his sister-in-law Gretchen Seasons had never been shy.

"Maybe you'd be kind e'nuff to give us til mornin' to decide Judge. We got extra room here fer ya n it'd save you the trouble of riding back to town in the afternoons heat or evenin's darkness."

The Judge sat back, slowly nodding his head in agreement.

"Thank You Tom. I would most appreciate that."...

Linda, standin' at the end of the bed, had her hands slow movin' over her swellin' tummy.

"Mama says four months, maybe five."

Meetin' her eyes, Luke smiled.

"Long as he's healthy, Can't ask for more than that."

"You said he. What if we have a sister for John."

"Sister?"

"That boy is yours now Lucas. You know it. I know it. And Tiffany seems more than pleased with it."

Her smile was sure and her eyes said it were true. Linda Jean expected Luke to father the child as his own. Tiffany n her Mother agreed. The three of them, Luke, Linda n Tiffany, had gotten even closer since Debra Ann had gone to Luis Tees for 'time away to let the younger folks settle'. She was back now, keepin' a sharp eye on Linda n watchin' over both girls. She hadn't done well with J.D.s passin'. She'd grow'd even more distant when Luis Tee went home more permanent as Luke's health improved. The only thing the sisters did not share now was Lukes bed; a possibility Linda wondered out loud about more n once. Luke was more than a little stand offish. Fathering John was a given. Sharing their home with Tiffany n her son was the only reasonable solution; at least til Tiffany found a new husband. N even then maybe...

"Linda Jean..."

He tried changin' course.

"...I swear you get better lookin' every day."

N then he winked.

Linda shook her head as she waved his compliment away.

"I swear, the more time you spend with the Judge n some of the other high faluting men have you speaking more like them then the Lucas Blake I knew n married."

He closed the leather-bound book the Judge had loaned him on his last visit; a rare gift that was seldom shared.

"Linda Jean..."

"I know. I know. You wanna run with the dog's you can't be pissin' like a pup."

She crawled onto the bed as Lucas lay down the book n opened his arms. She settled tight as she could against him. He wrapped an arm 'round her shoulder. She traced the long red scar that ran down his chest and exploded under his ribs.

"This still tickle Mr. Blake?"

"Yes it does."

"Can we cuddle a bit before you start your day?"

Lucas looked to the slow growin' light from the only window in their room n patted her widening bottom.

"Whatever the Mother of my child wants."

Linda Jean lightly poked him on the good side of his ribs n drifted off to a much needed nap...

Smoke Garcia stroked the shoulder of the near red gelding.

"You a good horse. Not like Patch yet, but soon eh."

He sensed before he knew Miss Linda was opening the door to cross the porch. The strong smell of fresh coffee said Luke was runnin' late. Smoke was pleased to see her lookin' more rested then usual.

"Good Morning Smoke; Rojo."

The large chestnut bobbed his head and pawed the ground with his only white stockinged foot. Smokes wide brimmed hat was removed n placed over his chest.

"Good Morneen Miss Linda."

"I got you some coffee..."

and after handing him the still steaming cup, reached into her apron pocket for two fresh made donuts.

"You should not bein' do this for me Miss Linda."

"I'm not. I do it for Rojo."

The horse had reached for the donuts before Smoke did. The hard-bitten man almost smiled...

Ever since Luis Tee had found him, worn saddle and shoddy gear slung over his shoulder, Smoke's life had changed. His wrung-out horse had faltered on some loose shale. He'd split the last of his powder to make sure the horse felt nothing when he ended her pain. A missed shot later would leave the worn man more n hungry. That's when Luis Tee appeared, mostly out of nowhere. He led his steel grey by the reins, the other hand held his long rifle, it's barrel pointed skyward. Clad in mostly buckskin, his flapped eared hat suggested a mountain man.

"Friend or foe?"

Smoke eased the saddle side of his load to the ground.

"Unless yu are wit' de Mexican Army, frend."

The dark eyed man nodded, stopping sum three feet away.

"Your horse?"

"Broke leg."

Luis Tee noted the worn shirt and mexican army wool pants.

"Had enoff eh?"

Luis extended his hand. Smoke took it.

"Thee smell of death... Rich men dressed in der shinee new uniforms, sayin' what we must do..."

Smoke shook his head.

"...that is no way to die."

A water filled leather pouch was handed to him.

"They lookin fer ya?"

Pullin' the bone plug free, the black-eyed man drank jist more then a mouthful before motionin' to return the water.

"Go ahead, fresh water 's only two hours from here."

Smoke raised the pouch agin, drinkin' more freely. The buckskinned man stood lookin' past Smoke and then around slowly.

"We'll set here, m'ybe over behind that dead, wood snag. Wait a bit. Make sure no one is followin'."

Smoke nodded as he handed the pouch back. They set through the most the day and watched. Few words were shared. The two men enjoying the silence until the sun started slowly on it's way down.

"There's a fast runnin' creek due south. We'll make camp there. In the mornin', I'm headin' to my place. If you a mind to, I kin use a good hand."

That was near two years ago.

Smoke Garcia worked hard and askt fer nothing. The two men shared the small mud shack while Luis Tee slowly bilt a stone house near the mouth of the boxt in canyon. He'd been workin' the stone for close to a year at that point. Smoke pitched in and the house was slowly finished. Luis Tee was breedin' wild mustangs with a jack donkey n sometimes a fine, eastern bred stallion. The mules they threw were well set fer the country in which they were raised. The occasional ridin' horses were even better.

Smoke only went to Winding Creek once, with Luis Tee and his partner J.D.. Folks there stayed clear of his newfound friend and spoke softly to J.D. Most figured Smoke were mexican, but he weren't. Him n his had made the long trip over the Atlantic from Spain n settled in New York. A skirmish over a woman sent the then Hernando Jesus Delgado west to avoid the hangin' he n his family were sure were comin'.

He became Smoke Garcia as he worked his way along the Ohio River n then down the Mississip. Folks had little thought toward a Mex, but they mostly stayed quiet due to the mans size and obvious ferocity. He eventually joined the army, mostly for somewhere to belong. The other men n sometimes boys accepted Smoke. Those that askt to many questions were silenced with a scowl n hard burnin' eyes.

It weren't til meetin' Luis Tee that Smoke finally settled. Both men knew n admired each other in their own way. They didn't share the same relationship Luis had with J.D., but their friendship was near as strong. That were the reason Smoke trusted Luis Tee, somethin' that he lost so many years ago when he'd left New York...

"Morin' Smoke. I see you got the last of my donuts."

Linda chuckled as Smoke's face shaded a bit.

"Your wife Padrone..."

Lucas smiled, kissin' Linda on the cheek 'fore swingin' a leg over Patch.

"No need Smoke. I know my wife's charms all to well."

The wider, darker man mounted Rojo.

"We'll be late Darlin'."

Lucas turned n touchin' Patch's side, set direction for the south canyon. Smoke n Rojo sided up with 'em as the sun fully rose in the east.

"It's time Smoke. I'll be ridin' to Luis Tees. If anyone ever asks, you ben with me all day n stayed when I headed fer home."

"Yes Padrone."

The two men rode another mile or so 'fore Smoke turned north, well out of sight of the ranch. He'd stay out of sight as he threw a wide circle back toward Winding Creek...

"Hello in the house!"

The salt n peppered haired man poked his head out the open shutter window.

"I'll be damned. Sumptin' wrong Lucas?"

"No sir. Just wanted to pass some time."

The heavy door swung open. Luis Tee, bare chested, the top of his long johns n suspenders hangin' at his waist, strode outside.

"You got time to pull a cork?"

"Ma'be one Luis."

Lucas swung down, leadin' Patch to the only decent shade on the north side of the house.

"Must've had an early start."

"I did. Smoke and I came to look over some of the new stock."

Luis Tee looked puzzled fer a minute 'fore a slow smile spread over his sun beaten face.

"N when you n Smoke headin' back?"

Lucas never batted an eye.

"My own self after we share some of that good liquor I know you ben making. Smoke 'il be spending the night helpin' with that cougar you got wanderin' around killin' stock."

Luis nodded his head.

"How's Linda Jean, Lucas?"

"Til 'bout two months ago, right as rain. Now she's frettin' 'bout her belly growin' n Miss Debra's fussin' 'bout what she can n can't do."

"Birthin' is a tricky thing Luke. You'd be wise to heed Debra Anns words."

"I know n will."

"Figured as much... But I had to say it."

The two men fell silent as Luie Tee gathered the clay jug and two tin cups. Settlin' in across from the younger man, Luis Tee filled Luke's cup first in the cooler, stone house.

"N how is Debra Ann?"

Luke enjoyed the harsh burn and the fast warmin' in his belly.

"This ain't home brewed corn Luis."

Luis Tee pushed his long, thinning hair back.

"No Sir, it ain't. Miguel brought this Tequilla back from old Mexico when he went south to check into sum retinto cattle. Gonna cross breed 'em with that English bull Smoke gotta hold of in Independence."

"Makes sense. Maybe get something more suited for here."

"From what I hear, they call 'im Long Horns. Good eatin' n bigger n kin stand the weather better than the English stock."

The two men set a bit, one drink leadin' to another. Luke askt 'bout the new jack donkey Oscar had found n was brought back on the next to last trip of Smoke's run to Independence.

"Too soon Lucas ta know Lucas... But Warrior is startin' to take notice of some of the mares we got 'im with. Any luck n we'll know about his A-bil-a-itees 'fore long. But we both know it'll be close to a year to see much more."

The sometimes silence settled between them. Luke wanted to know n Luis wouldn't say. 'You' have to ask Miss Debra Luke'. It was the same answer then n it would be the same answer today. No sense in askin'.

"The Seasons new place?"

Luke shook his head.

"Tom seems happy, but Gretchen, the older sister keeps pushin'. Jim's patience is worn thin."

"Thought she was takin' that mail mistress thing?"

"She was n did. But its jist a short buggy ride to the new farm she mite r mite not move into. Since she's been seein' the Judge... Who knows?"

"She mite kill that old man."

Lucas chuckled n Luis smiled at his own joke.

"Weren't he married Luke?"

"He was n is. What's his wife gonna say, let alone do? Sides, the Judge keeps his dalliances close to the vest."

Luke drained the last of the long-traveled liquor from his tin cup.

"Gettin' late Luis. Time fer me to git."...

On the long ride back, Lucas kept rollin' the puzzle around in his head 'bout why Luis Tee hadn't come to help the family 'fore he was askt, then come runnin' when he got cut in town. J.D. n him had ben friend's for near eighteen years. There were posibilties, but just one that kept pushin' to the front of Lukes mind. One that made sense, yet didn't hold water...