Winding Creek Pt. 06 - Sequential

Story Info
One problem near solved n two more cummin'...
10.3k words
4.85
2.2k
2
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JDDebaum
JDDebaum
59 Followers

Irish Mike McCarthy were still pissed. He were used to gettin' things his way. Plain n simple. No questions askt. He'd broke more than a few rules to get where he were.

He stole neer two thousand in gold coin from the bank he worked at for three years, framin' his friend n mentor George Stevens in the process. The several fresh minted gold coins found in George's pockets when his body finally washed up pretty much convicted the man. The twice married accountant 'peared to be livin' beyond his means...

Irish Mike had bided his time fer almost a year 'fore headin' west with his new bride, Elizabeth Marshall, with a job offer penned by his own self. Liz was a young, comely girl with flamin' scarlet hair, willowy slender n a tight little bottom n cheery smile. After violatin' most every norm with the young gal as they traveled, he sold the wagon n most everything else (includin' Elizabeth) to a man on the run from the law.

Mike had convinced him 'a man travelin' with a wife would be beyond mosts scrutinee. The final tally after the sale and Elizabeth's willingness to do anything to escape her vile husband n his evile ways were near three thousand in gold. Irish Mike boarded a steamboat, gambled some, n then settled in Independence for a bit 'fore meetin' Judge Horace Pickett. A deviant gambler, the two shared many a night drinkin' and sharin' an occasional whore. It were Pickett that sent him to Winding Creek with the tale of a hotel, saloon n eatery that mite be had cheap: with the right approach of course. Pickett had given the Irishman enough background on the current owner that the sale was made quickly n the seller quietly left Winding Creek.

It were at the newly named Rusty Nail that Irish Mike met n friended Jack Seasons. Mike, seein' an openin' that could maybe help 'im, steert Mathew Billings to Jacks sister, Gretchen. The romance was short n the weddin' a pretty big shebang. Between the three new friends n with Judge Pickett, Bill Nelson n Al Stewart who owned the mill, things were set in motion to take the town in a 'new' die-rection.

There weren't a whole lot standin' twixt the newly formed group of conspirators n control of the town. Jist some old, neer worn out mountain man and a dozen er so other business owners. Most those others were beholdin' to J.D. in some way or another, includin' Bill Nelson. That is til he fell in love with one of the whores Mike had brought to Winding Creek. A whores promise kept Bill sniffin' around while the group figured n schemed.

Jack Seasons pretty much opened the door when he sweet talked J.D.'s oldest daughter Tiffany into marriage. The old man wasn't much of a threat after that, takin' to the jug a bit to often n his wife tendin' to his business. Who gave a rat's ass 'bout some woman n her high falutin' ways.

They had Jist Bob keepin' a close eye on the old timer n 'is ranch while he workt there, sometimes lettin' a favored mustang find its way to Jack's n then to Independence. Jist Bob would sometimes imply that fer the right price, ol' J.D. could have an accident or otherwise disappear. Pickett figured it was all jist talk knowin' Bob were a drifter when he got to Winding Creek n most of what he had were given to 'im or stole from ol' J.D.. After all, who'd trust a man like that any ways.

Then the beat all of all beat all's happened when Jack got lucky at the Rusty Nail's dice table. He'd run up neer four thousand in winnin's: first on a long odds bet of twenty dollars gold and then when he started rollin' the dice his self. Mike had to sell him twenty percent of hotel n bar to keep the saloon open. Gamblin' needed cash n Jack had all of Irish Mikes. Didn't matter much at the time. Seasons were a loud-mouthed fool n braggert. Mike jist never got around to buyin' it back, lettin' Jack drink fer free n givin' him first shot at the new whores n such.

Then Lucas Blake showed up n killt Jack not twenty feet away from where he were sittin'. Billing's n Sheriff Rivers failed at the attempt to kill the young man neer a week later: Billings paying for the mistake with his life. Sheriff Rivers were found dead not to long after that, cut up pretty good n scalped. His killer were never found. Irish had thoughts of who but kept it 'em to his self since Pickett put all their plans on hold after Mathew's dyin' the way he did.

But Irish Mike McCarthy were plottin' on his own now. Things would pick up where they'd left off after Lucas Blake were dead n planted next to his adopted daddy, J.D..

Irish Mike struggled with his famous temper when the stranger passt him that'd shunned his attempt at bein' friendly earlier in the day. He'd kept a careful eye on 'im as he walkt from the hotel, thru the Rusty Nail n then into his adjoinin' eatery.

He looked at the man sittin' at the end of the balcony that run along the whores' rooms 'bove the hotels double door entry. Motionin' with his eyes towards the stranger, Buck Michaels sittin' at the end of that balcony with his long gun, nodded in response. Buck was added after Lucas killt Jack. Mike figured that if anyone else was to do any killin' in the Rusty Nail, it were to be him or his that done it.

The new arrival were cleaned up now. Red shirt n dark gray britches fresh boiled n his vest polished clean: no hat, both his face n head fresh shaved. His holstered pistol were still set different than most; high on his hips, barrel pointed more left than down.

It were the way he carried that gun n his own self that held Mike's attention... n kept his temper in check. It'd take a sight more effort to kill Lucas Blake then havin' it done by a skilled gunman. Since holstered pistols were quick growin' in use, havin' one n the ability to use it weren't always one n the same.

Havin' shook off his slow growin' anger, Mike figured maybe he miten't take offense that the man didn't take 'is hand n then payin' his own self fer the offered drink. He'd checked the register at his hotel shortly after the man signed in n left. A small x was all it offered. Damn fool was ignorant as well as rude.

But then ag'in, maybe not. Man like that mite not want to be known. He were damn well sure of his self. Ma'be a man like Mike his self: Leavin' the past behind, startin' a new life. The gold rush had sent many men west. Some very dangerous men at that. Ma'be he'd try to make his acquaintances once more after the man had 'is supper...

---------------------------------------------- 0 --------------------------------------------

Lucas Blake rollt onto his side when 'is wife Linda Jean set to slow untangle herself from 'im to leave their bed. She'd babbled him to sleep the night before, askin' new questions 'fore he'd answert the one she jist askt before. She were as sure happy as he'd seen 'er in... How long?

He lay quiet as she slipped away n were almost asleep agin 'fore hearin' Tiffany Ann, Luna n Linda Jean carryin' on in the kitchen. Layin' flat on 'is back he could hear mummers n some hushed gigglin. There'd be no sense in tryin' to sleep with the three rattlin' on as quiet as they could n the smell of fresh coffee slow fillin' the air.

Lucas knowed at least some of was bein' said and the speculatin' that went with the announcin' of his n Tiffany Ann's early mornin' ride.

Linda Jean had gotten her way. He were still annoyed, but figured if it were to be it were goin' to be. Their momma had blesst it in her no uncertain way. She'd lived it with J.D. n Luis Tee: Though not long in the same house. The only unsettlin' words she had were to 'never put Tiffany ahead of Linda Jean'. Damn the very idea... Weren't his thinkin' that put 'em in this tangle.

He were pretty much settled 'bout the how; especially after Debra Ann had said J.D. always planned it be him n Tiff married, not him n Linda Jean. He thought about J.D. n then Charles Taylor. Bigamy were never much heard or spoke of til the Mormon war when Lucas dismisst it out of hand...

*

Linda Jean Blake wet the small towels end before wipin' the to much rouge from high on her sister's cheeks.

"Lucas likes plain Tiff, you know that. I swear, as pretty as you are."...

Tiffany had been up long before the sun that mornin', feelin' her way to the creek. The half-moon light peekin' from behind the scattered clouds above her allowed some light, but not much. She'd shed her moccasin's when she'd got there n after findin' the right spot in the fast movin' water, slipped off her nightshirt n tossed it back on the cold waters edge.

There'd ben little sleep that night, tossing and turning and trying to think of the ways it mite happen. Would Lucas be kind like he was with her sister? Would she feel the different ways her sister spoke of quietly with her with bright smilin' eyes and a flush in her cheeks? Was Lucas as different as she'd imagined? Hoped? Or were all men truly alike.

After all, Linda Jean only had been with Lucas. The same as Tiffany til her husband Jack gifted her to Mathew n then was shared with Jist Bob. The biggest difference between the three was the way they smelled and the size of their pecker.

Jack were most always quick and when he couldn't, expected her to help him finish with her hand or mouth. The most pleasures she ever got from him was when he'd use his mouth and then only twice that made her feel the sinful, whorish way Mathew did.

Least Mathew could finish what he started.

She shuddered at the remembrance of Mathew taking her several times that horrible day, then sharing her with Jist Bob. He'd made her serve the two men near naked the dinner she'd cooked. The two men took liberties in the slow coming dark, slapping at her bottom or groping her free swaying breasts n tugging at her sore, tender nipples. After their dinner, they used her in so many different ways together before each sodomizing her before they finally fell asleep. Bob was mostly quick but Mathew were slow n deliberate after their meal.

Then the long, tortious walk in the cold night with baby Jack swaddled n held tight in her arms. That walk to her parents' home, looking back over her shoulder in fear, was the longest she'd ever remembered...

She was damned now. A sodomite. A whore with a dead husband and child...

She picked her way back to the edge of the creek, easing onto the dew-covered grass. Slipping on her moccasins, she took note of the slow rising light way off in the east. A hint of red and gold coloring the slow lightin' sky. Slippin' her night shirt back on, she wondered again about her sister. How she swore Lucas would take care of them both; Just like he always had since coming into their lives. He'd make sure as the comin' up sun no one would ever hurt her again... Help her be the woman she mostly was before that day...

*

Luke stayed clear of the kitchen n the whisperin' women inside it. He even waited til he were on the porch to climb into his boots. Smoke were already perched near the closest end of the corral, his long gun settin' close by. His sharp whistle brought Quick through the open sliding door of the barn leadin' Patch n his own red speckled Cherry.

Lucas was more n pleased in Quicks choice fer Miss Tiffany. A man most never offered his own mount. Luke knew what that mustang meant to the younger man.

"Mornin' Quick."

"Good mornin' Sir."

"Why Cherry?"

"You said the gentlest Sir. Cherry is that n more. Even Miss Linda said she's a fine horse."

"Miss Linda?"

"When she's out n about Mr. Blake."

Lucas nodded then lookt hard at 'im.

"You like it here Quick."

The young man felt the color in his face decidin' if it should come red with pride or pale to white.

"Y-yes Sir."

"I heard you can read some."

"Y-yes Sir. Write and cypher pretty good too."

Luke looked inta the young man's eyes who were trying to stand as tall as he could be.

"That a fact."

"Yes Sir."

Luke nodded in acceptance n shifted a bit in his favored chair.

"I'd like for you to tend the carriage for me. You'll be drivin' Miss Luna to town tomorrow. Look sharp when you do. Your fixin' to have a bit more responsibility around here... Representing me n mine."

Luke enjoyed watchin' Quick's tremblin' lips slowly spread into a man's smile like it were his weddin' day.

"You up for that?"

"YES Sir!"

The smile faded a bit. A touch of embarrassment coverin' Quicks face.

"There something wrong Lucas?"

Luke looked up at his wife, a steamin' mug of coffee wrapped in her hand.

"Other then you women cluckin like a brood of hens..."

Linda smiled n slapped at him lightly with her free hand.

"Tiff is near ready..."

She turned her smile to Quick.

"...Thank you Quick for lettin' Tiff ride Cherry this morning."

"Yes Ma'am."

Linda finally handed Lucas his first cup of wake up before settlin' on the long porch swing.

"No breakfast Husband."

"Not today Darlin'."

She set quite until Quick tied off the pair of horses n moved away.

"N just where are you taking my sister this pretty morning Mr. Blake."

Luke was near finished with his coffee when he narrowed his eyes n looked at his wife.

"Depends on how well she still sits a saddle Mrs. Blake."

"She'll be just fine after she settles."

The deeply committed couple shared that special look saved for only each other.

"I'd like you to see today how well Quick does with paper n ink. We need someone in town Linda Jean. I don't want folks here at the ranch to pay their bills anymore."

Linda pouted a bit.

"You're not saying anything 'bout Tiffany Ann?"

"Don't start woman."

Linda Jean Blake slipped from her place on the swing, climbed into her husband's lap and deep kissed him long n hard. Clingin' tight to him, she whispered soft n low.

"I love you Mr. Blake. Thank you."

Her man smiled in return.

"Maybe you can find out Quicks real name too."

Linda Jean buried her face in Lukes's chest.

"Stephen something or other."

"I'm ready unless you want another cup of coffee Lucas."

Luke looked at the sister of the woman now cuddled in 'is lap. Tiffany, lips tinted nicely, straw colored hair tied with a red bow in a long style ponytail n wearing Linda Jeans buckskin britches under her pale blue dress smiled softly 'fore lowering her eyes.

"I fixed us some lunch if you get hungry."

"Sounds good Tiff. Now if I can get this load off my lap and we'll go."

Linda bit at his chest 'fore crawlin' off his lap n steppin' down to gather her husband's saddle bags. Handing them to Tiffany, she nuzzled Patch in the front of his powerful shoulder. Cherry pawed the ground.

"I'm coming Cherry."

She dipped under Patch's neck and patted her sisters mount for the day before nuzzling against the geldings hard boned cheek. Turning to free Patch's reins, she watched Tiffany fill one side of Luke's saddle bag n then reach inside the other. She saw the look on her face when she drew out the wrapped n string tied box. Tiffany looked at her sister.

"I guess this is why we hadn't heard about this."

Both women peered at Lucas, their eyes narrowed a touch n their pretty little noses dropt a bit.

"I got there n plum forgot with the talkin' n all with Luis n Mama."

Both girls smiled a touch at Luke's reference to their mother.

"We can drop it off today if you'd like?"

Linda Jean tried to look peeved. Tiffany handed the gift to Lucas.

"Why don't you open it now."

Luke puzzled a bit.

"It's from me n Linda Jean Lucas."

Still wonderin', he slipped the string off n slowly unwrapped a small box. He knew it were Jim Crawfords or 'is son's work. Openin' it, he saw a fine, squat bowled briar pipe. He looked at his wife.

"We figured you mite take to it easier if you thought mama wanted you to use it."

"Neither one of us can stand much more of those foul smellin' cigar's you've taken a liking to."

Luke chuckled as he lookt at the two now smilin' women, reacht inside his black frock coat n slipped out his hand carved two cigar holdin' box. Handin' it and the offered gift to 'is wife, he took the worn patchwork blanket from Tiff's shoulder in stuffed it into the empty side of the saddle bags.

"We're burnin' day light ladies."

Tossin' the bags behind his saddle he took Tiff's soft gloved hand n led her to Cherry. Tiff stepped into the stirrup as Lucas steadied the horse and watched her swing her tight, buckskin covered leg over the saddle. Handing her Cherry's reins, he moved to Linda Jean, kissed her offered cheek n mounted Patch. In less than a shake of a cat's tail, they were headed west, an easy trot makin' Tiffany quickly adjust to the movement twixt her widespread thighs n Lucas tryin' not to look at her sweet bouncin' breasts...

*

Smoke Garcia looked at Quick as he washed the red spoked carriage like his very life depended on it.

"Queeck, you be carefull youu no scrubb the paint off ehh."

"Yes sir."

Smoke shaked his head as he eyed the younger man who hadn't called 'im sir since the last time he toled him not to. He were excited 'bout somethin'. Smoke drew the makin's from his pocket n slow rolled a cigarette. Quick wiped dry the seat he'd jist scrubbed n started ag'in on the near black carriage's side.

"Sumthin' special Qeeck."

The dark-haired youth looked at the most fearsome man he'd ever knowd.

"Mr. Blake askt me to take Miss Luna to town tomorrow."

He shrugged his shoulders.

"He didn't say why."

He saw the big man's black eyes narrow.

"Is no matter why. Youu just do like the Padrone askt.'"

Smoke turnt to leave the barn.

"You ever shoot a pistola Queeck?"

The low growlt question caught Quicks full attention.

"Maybe once Si... Smoke."

Youu fineesh, then youu come to me where I pracktice."

Quick just nodded, even more unsure now then when Mr. Blake spoke to him this mornin'...

------------------------------------------------- 0 ----------------------------------------------

Tom Trombley stopped to wipe the free flowin' sweat from his brow before callin' out to Bacon.

"Yur turn with the reapin' hook Bacon. I'll gather n pitch for a bit."

The wider of the four men took his gloves from 'is belt, covered his calloused hands n steady got after the golden oats. Tom looked over the land he'd planted in the spring, drew in a deep breath and sighed. They'd been there before the sun n cleared maybe a half-acre. They'd harvest til noon, then go back to gettin' his own land ready for plantin' 'fore supper.

He'd just filled his cup from the small barrel behind the long seat of the wagon when he saw two riders headin' his way.

"Time fer a break boys."

Bacon and the O'Hara brothers all wondered why til they seen the riders.

All three men gathered at the rear of the wagon, Tom collectin' his flint lock rifle n joinin' 'em. It weren't but a minute er so til Tom recognized one of the riders as Lucas Blake. Took near another til he knowt fer sure the other; His sister-in-law Tiffany. Tom wet his lips, handin' the long gun to Bacon n tellin' 'im to put it back under the bench seat of the wagon. Tom started movin' toward the advancin man, wipin' his face n keepin' his hands in plain sight.

"Mornin' Lucas. What brings you out this way."

Luke pulled up short, loosenin' the rawhide catch on the tooled Walker Colt before steppin' down off Patch. Keepin' the blue black geldin' between him n the wagon, he extended 'is hand.

"Mornin' Tom. Miss Tiffany wanted to see her Mama. I can see your busy but I wanted to say hello."

"Thank you Lucas... were neer done with the oats. Once their dried n we thrash 'em, you got neer twenty sacks headed fer your place. Straw too."

"Sounds more'n fair Tom. Your Missus?"

Tom Trombley smiled.

"Fine, fine... Thanks fer askin."

Luke put his hand on the burly man's sweat covered shoulder.

"Look Tom, I been thinkin' how we both could put a little gold in our pockets..."

JDDebaum
JDDebaum
59 Followers