Winter Soldier's Soulmate Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The SUV attempted the same move but the wheels lost their traction, and the vehicle was sent careening into the guard rail.

Bucky heard a whoop from beside him and glanced down to see Lucy facing the back. She must have been watching. He quickly focused his eyes back on the road and made his way back towards the highway.

They wouldn't expect him to return to such a crowded area so soon, giving them at least a little cover, plus they wouldn't be so conspicuous going at fast speeds on the highway. Ignoring the fact that there back window had been shot.

They needed to get somewhere safe where they could hide, and soon. They needed to ditch the car.

One problem, he wasn't sure where they were.

"Luce, look in the glove box again and pull out the road map. Find out where we are for me." Bucky said distractedly, while he took signs to get them back on a major highway.

He wasn't sure where the nickname had come from, but he liked using it a lot. It suited her and just flowed from his lips with ease.

He watched out of the corner of his eye as she dug through the glove box and pulled out a road map book of the United States.

He had gotten some odd looks when he bought it. From what he could understand, most people used their phones and other electronics as a GPS.

However, those were easily hacked and used as a way to track someone. Bucky preferred to do everything he could without technology. They were probably tracking the car, either they had been able to hack it or were tracking the license plate, probably both.

They needed to ditch the car. He could pick up a twenty-year-old junker; they wouldn't be able to hack that as well; however, it would be more conspicuous.

It would be so much easier if they could get lost in a city somewhere. Hunker down for a week or two, try and get people off their trail.

If they could just get to Atlanta....

"Bucky, it looks like if you keep going north, you can hop onto 43, and that will take you to Interstate 20 which leads straight to Atlanta." Lucy interrupted his thoughts as she turned the map book this way and that in her hands.

He grunted in response and put his foot down harder on the pedal. He wasn't sure how long the drive would take them, but hopefully, they would be able to get there on one tank of gas.

Authors Note: What did you think? Let me know in comments!!!!!!

12