Wizard Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Slash and Smash?" John asked.

"We'll do it," Roxanne said. "I'm Smash."

"And I'm Slash," Helleen added while stroking her fingers up and down the grip of her sword over her shoulder.

"I'm hungry," Matthew said. "George, is it ready?"

"I'm not going to fight with a full belly," Helleen said.

"Wouldn't look right," Roxanne agreed.

Jennaca turned to John. "What did you get me into?"

John grinned and shook his head. "I didn't do a thing. This was all you. Maybe if you weren't so good..."

She couldn't keep the smile off her face. "I'm good, am I?"

"The best I've met," John said. "A natural."

"You haven't properly met us yet then," Roxanne said.

"There's time for that introduction later," Helleen scolded her sister. "First we get to introduce ourselves to Lady Jennaca. I have a feeling it's going to be very exciting."

Roxanne rolled her eyes. "Yes, I'm sure you do."

Jennaca looked back and forth between the two women and then to John. "I feel like I'm missing something."

John shrugged. "If you are then so am I."

"All right, clear a spot and let's do this," Matthew said. "I'll eat while you fight."

"Are you ready?" John asked Jennaca.

Jennaca rolled her shoulders, causing her tightly bound breasts to rise and fall. She shook her arms and nodded. "I'm already ready. Sasha, stay back. You had your fun earlier, now it's my turn."

Sasha rubbed against her bare belly and purred. The vibration was loud enough everyone felt it.

"Give us a minute to change," Helleen said.

"It's just a sparring match, not even an exhibition!" Matthew sputtered around a mouthful of stew.

"You want us at our best, we need to look it too," Roxanne pointed out.

"Lady Jennaca's outfit is on point already," Helleen drove their argument home.

Matthew shook his head and sighed. "Women... even the fighting kind..."

"I wouldn't live in a world without them," John said.

Matthew chuckled. "You just wait. On a normal day of fighting Roxanne and Helleen end up as one of the highest cheered matches. Imagine all three of them together."

The other men nodded and chuckled, smiles on their faces. John raised an eyebrow and looked to Jennaca.

She shrugged and checked that her weapons were free and ready. "What are the rules? This is friendly, right?"

"Aye, be mindful that we're all friends," Matthew said. "But accidents happen. We've got Sadie for that."

"Oh! That's right, you have a healer. I haven't known a decent healer since I was back home. Where is she? She worships Eile, right? I've never known a priest— or a priestess— of Eile. She teaches mercy and healing and compassion... it makes sense she would travel around a lot. She must meet a lot of people in need of her aid traveling about like this. And I'm sure there's enough to keep her busy if you're fighting constantly. Good thing I kept you from capturing Sasha. Even a healer like Karthor wouldn't be able to help after Sasha was finished with someone trying to fight her."

Everyone stared at Jennaca. She stared back and then glanced at John.

John smiled and shrugged.

"What?" she asked the small crowd.

Matthew spoke first. "Well, I can see you won't be the first one winded in a fight!"

Jennaca blushed and everyone else laughed. John gave her a comforting smile.

"All right, let's do this!"

"They're changed already?" John asked as everyone turned. His mouth closed and then fell open when he saw the twin sisters in their exhibition garb.

Helleen's armor consisted of sandals with leather straps to her ankles. Interconnecting links of chain were sewn into the straps. The next protection she had was a skirt that consisted of equal sized strips of leather that fell to almost to the middle of her thigh. Each of the three inch wide strips came to a point and was covered on the outside with chain links. Above the chain link covered belt was a strapless bodice made of the same chainmail-sewn leather. She wore leather gloves that stretched up to her elbows, covered in steel rings like the rest of her armor save for her palms and the bottoms of her fingers. Helleen's sword was strapped over her shoulder and a long spear was held in both hands.

Helleen's armor was decent compared to her sister.

Roxanne's sandals were made of a dark leather and the straps climbed all the way up her legs. Strips of leather ran straight up and down her legs and disappeared beneath her skirt, with a strap buttoned to the strip every inch or two all the way up.

Roxanne's skirt was made of overlapping scales. It was short too. Shorter than Helleen's. So short, in fact, John doubted she could take a normal step without answering the question of what she wore beneath it.

And that was it. Her only other equipment was her mace in her right hand and a round shield on her left.

"That's so not fair," Jennaca muttered.

John shook his head but found his gaze drawn back to the pair of muscular women. Roxanne in particular, especially as she swung her arms back and forth to loosen them up. The motion had a noticeable effect on her chest. "Very distracting," John agreed.

"No, that's not it," Jennaca said. "Her boobs are small, she can get away with that. If I did that I'd end up biting my tongue off or knocking myself out."

John glanced around at her and saw Jennaca stick her tongue out and gestured with her hands as though her boobs flew up and smacked her in the chin and knocked her head up and to the side. She bit her tongue for affect and then winked at him.

John looked back and, with a tiny bit of his focus restored, he took note that Roxanne and Helleen were both so lean and muscular that their breasts were little more than teardrops. Well, he assumed Helleen's were the same as Roxanne's, her low cut bodice hinted as much. He shook his head when Jennaca walked past him.

"Wish me luck, my lord," she said.

John swallowed and nodded. "Right... yes, good luck. And try not to hurt anyone this time?"

"Oh! Good idea," she said and slipped her bow off. She handed it to him and then unclasped her quiver from her belt and gave that to him. John fumbled to hold it all as he followed her with the others until they joined Helleen and Roxanne in an area cleared of all but trampled grass on the far side of the cook fire. Helleen's spear could take up half the distance of the clearing, giving her a clear advantage.

Roxanne and Helleen stepped apart from each other. Roxanne raised her shield so it covered her body and blocked John's view of her bare chest. Her mace lifted to the ready as well, but he found he wasn't paying attention to that. No doubt that was part of her strategy. Helleen's spear was held in both hands and pointed at Jennaca.

"Lady Jennaca, good fight to you," Helleen said.

"And to you," Jennaca said. She hesitated and glanced around. "Is that it, do we start now?"

"Fight!" Matthew shouted, signaling the matches start.

John expected the seasons gladiators— gladiatrixes?— to press their advantage. Jennaca surprised him and leapt forward. Her arms moved so fast her sword and axe almost seemed to appear by magic.

The twins had experience to spare and reacted to Jennaca's aggression smoothly. Helleen lunged forward and thrust her spear at Jennaca. It was a simple move so easy to avoid even a farmer would be able to jump to the side... and right into the approach of Roxanne.

Jennaca did indeed step to her right as expected. Where she surprised the twins was that she kept moving forward. Jennaca hooked the shaft of the spear under the head of her hand axe and pulled it tight to her side behind her. Her forward curved sword struck the spear's shaft ahead of her, splintering the wood and letting the woman spin and use her side as leverage to break the weapon in half.

When Jennaca's spin ended the four feet of spear spun through the air at Roxanne. She raised her shield and batted it aside... and blocked her view of the cunning woman that lunged forward and ducked low to sweep her foot across and take the tall Gladiator's feet out from under her.

Roxanne hit the ground and rolled away. She jammed her shield and the knuckles of the hand holding her mace into the ground to stand up but Jennaca's knees on her back drove her back to the ground with a grunt of exploding air. The ring of steel against steel made Roxanne jerk under Jennaca's weight.

"Your sister's dead," Jennaca said. Her sword was held overhead, blocking the heavy strike of Helleen's hand and a half sword. Jennaca's hand axe rested against the back of Roxanne's neck, the sharp edge burning the woman's skin with the pressure each movement put against her.

"I yield," Roxanne grunted while trying to catch her breath.

"I don't," Helleen snarled and yanked her sword to the side, trying to upset Jennaca's balance.

Jennaca sprang off Roxanne's back by driving her knees into the woman's bare ribs and lower back. She landed on her feet and caught a surprise backhand slash on her sword. She angled the blow up and over her head and raised her axe to feint a chop at Helleen's hip.

Helleen danced away and brought her sword back in guard. She glared at Jennaca and ignored her sister picking herself up and retreating to the crowd. The two women studied each other for all of a second before Jennaca darted in and thrust her sword at Helleen's belly.

Helleen swung her sword, trying to catch her, but Jennaca ducked under the blade and slipped to her left so it passed by over head. Her kukri missed but she was inside Helleen's guard. Jennaca spun to her left and caught the sword on its way back on her blade. Helleen snarled and let go of the grip with her left hand. She made a fist and drew it back to strike Jennaca, only have her breath driven from her as the blunt side of Jennaca's hand axe struck in the chain-mail covered side of her bodice.

Helleen let go of her sword. Without any resistance Jennaca's sword swept the weapon away. Helleen's foot lashed out and caught behind Jennaca's ankle. Helleen's hands, now free, slammed into Jennaca's chest while Helleen threw her weight forward. Jennaca tried to leap away but they crashed to the ground together, Helleen on top of the smaller woman.

Sasha's roar stilled the cheering for a moment. Helleen and Jennaca ignored the great cat. Helleen drove one thigh between Jennaca's legs and kept her other leg outside of Jennaca's. She grabbed her tight fitting top, managing to slip her leather clad fingers under the fabric near her shoulder and tugging on it while her other hand closed around Jennaca's throat.

"You yield," Helleen panted while adding pressure from her thigh against Jennaca's crotch.

Jennaca dropped her sword and axe. She spread her legs and drew them up, grinding herself against Helleen's leg. Helleen's eyes widened when she felt the hot slickness on her thigh. Jennaca used the distraction to bring her right hand up and twist her grip so she grabbed Helleen's neck on her right. Her left hand she drove into Helleen's arm pit while she used her planted legs to drive the woman up and over.

Jennaca followed, landing on top of her and reversing their position. The only difference was where Jennaca's hands were. She pressed Helleen's left wrist to the ground, forcing her to slid up on Helleen's body and leave her thigh behind. Jennaca's right hand held a dagger she'd pulled from the sheath on her left forearm and pressed the point into the hollow under Helleen's arm.

Helleen stared up at her with wild eyes. Her nostrils flared as she felt the prick of Jennaca's dagger. Her eyes darted to Jennaca's outstretched arm -- she couldn't punch her in the face because her shoulder and arm were in the way. Jennaca's legs were set too well, one foot on solid ground and her knee pressed into the strips of chain-covered leather over her mound.

"I yield on one condition," Helleen said.

Jennaca grinned. "This is fun... name it."

Helleen licked her lips. "A kiss."

Jennaca tilted her head and then shrugged. She lowered her head and pursed her lips, only to stop when Helleen let out a hiss of breath.

"Not now!" Helleen breathed. "Later... in private. Walk with me."

"Oh!" Jennaca gasped. Her eyes darted back and forth as she remembered they were being watched by a crowd. A crowd that included her Mas— a crowd that included John. "Sorry, I got caught up in the moment. Yes, I agree to your condition."

Helleen smirked.

Jennaca looked down at her dagger and blushed when she saw the small drop of blood her dagger had drawn. "I'm sorry," she said. She grinned a moment later and pointed out, "I agreed, but you still didn't yield."

Helleen chuckled and conceded, "I yield to you, milady."

Next to John Roxanne whistled softly and said, "You friend is an amazing warrior."

John stared at the two woman on the ground. Jennaca had been amazing, even if the fight had been short. Even more amazing was how her loin cloth was twisted and leaving her completely exposed in her bent over position. He cleared his throat and said, "Yes... yes she is."

"She's a terrible gladiator though," Roxanne said.

John turned, the statement shocking enough to pull him from the entertainment. "What? She handily defeated the two of you!"

"A gladiator must entertain. It's not about winning, it's about entertaining. Our matches last several minutes and encourage the crowd to join us. It's part acting as well as fighting. Each fight is a story. Poetry, in action, if you will."

"I see," John said. He nodded. "Yes, well, in that case, Lady Jennaca is a poor gladiator."

"But a deadly warrior," Roxanne agreed.

"Jennaca! Get up, you're arse is hanging out!"

John looked over to see Artesia walking into the small clearing.

Jennaca sat up, lowering her bottom down until she straddled Helleen's leg. Helleen gasped and tried to lift her leg up against her. Jennaca smiled at her and then took Artesia's hand. She climbed to her feet and grabbed her weapons.

Helleen checked her armpit and then shrugged at the small nick the dagger had made. She looked at her thigh next and stared at the moist skin Jennaca left behind. She licked her lips before shaking her head and coming to her senses. She climbed to her feet, picked up her sword, and sheathed it.

"Well fought!" Matthew called loudly. "Well fought indeed! A little quick for us, but that shows the difference in styles is all. Lady Jennaca, you are every bit the deadly warrior I suspected you would be. Too dangerous, I think, to be a gladiator."

"What?" Jennaca protested. "I beat two of your best... and they are good I can tell you that. They're tactics and teamwork were perfect. I'd hate to fight them again now that they've taken my measure."

"I am very good," Helleen agreed and sent her a wink.

Roxanne rolled her eyes and looked at John. "She's shameless, I apologize for my sister's behavior."

"No apologies needed," John said. "It doesn't look like Jen's upset by it in the least."

"Far from it," Roxanne admitted. "Helleen is a beautiful woman, can you blame her."

John smiled at Roxanne. "She clearly got her good looks from her sister."

Roxanne laughed. "You're going to be trouble, aren't you?"

Artesia walked towards John but Matthew intercepted her. "Well hello there, milady, John mentioned others but I didn't realize—"

"I'm no lady," Artesia said. "Pardon me, I need to speak to my lord."

"I meant no offense," Matthew said and stepped out of the way. "It's an oddity, two beautiful and dangerous woman in one day... It makes an old man like me feel like the saints are smiling down on me."

Artesia looked at him with a stony expression. She pointed at the scar on her cheek and said, "Last man that called me beautiful gave me this. You'd need a shovel to see what I gave him."

Matthew's eyes widened. "No offense meant, miss."

Artesia nodded. "Good then, none taken. I must see to my lord now."

He bowed his head again and let her go. The others were discussing the fight and watching, eager to talk to the winner, and the losers. Helleen and Jennaca were more interested in each other than the others and soon slipped away to head for the river and wash away the sweat and dirty from the fight.

"Pity, I wasn't in the fight long enough to get dirty," Roxanne pouted.

John tried, and failed, to not look at her upturned breasts. "I'm sure there are ways to get dirty, if you're craving a bath in cold water."

She laughed. "Believe it or not I love the cold water. Makes my blood race and my body hard. It reminds me to stay strong."

"Doing what you do, I can appreciate that," John agreed. He noticed Artesia standing off to his side and giving him some privacy while still being close enough should he need her. He smiled and said, "Roxanne, this is Artesia, she's my woman-at-arms."

"Woman-at-arms?" Roxanne repeated while looking Artesia up and down. She smiled. "I like it. You keep good company, milord."

"Talent and ability shows no preference for race or gender, I've found," John said. "These are the best people I have had the honor of knowing, and I'm very fortunate that I'm able to keep them close."

"My lord, do you trust these people?" Artesia asked.

Roxanne's eyes widened and then she laughed. "I like her, lord John. You need to keep this one close!"

"And you need to cover yourself," Artesia countered.

John chuckled. "Come, Artesia. Let's have some dinner and I'll explain all that's happened. We're all headed north, after all, it seems like it might be a good idea to travel together."

"I'd like to hear the story too, my sister and I were training while all that happened. We came back and here was this handsome Lord and beautiful Lady in our midst. Then Matthew is calling for an exhibition match," Roxanne said. She smiled at Artesia and said, "I'll go change first though."

Artesia watched her leave and muttered, "More of an exhibitionist match, from what I seen."

John snorted and gestured Artesia to follow him over to the cook fire. "Today's gotten away from us. Tomorrow night we'll work on your studies more."

Artesia's eyebrow raised. "You mean what you were talking about earlier — about using magic to help in a fight?"

John nodded. "Today's battle proved one thing to me, using magic in a fight is difficult if you're an active combatant. Everything happens so fast that any distractions can cost you your life."

"So now you say it can't be done?"

"Oh, it can," John reassured her. "I think we need to focus on fighting smart. Preparing the battle field. Temporary enchantments and such."

Artesia's lip tweaked up in a smile. She nodded and took the bowl from George. She mumbled a thank you to him and nodded again as she considered what John had told her. John watched her and smiled. Artesia was always so somber and grim, he liked seeing her smile. It made her beauty shine... not that he'd ever admit that to her, she'd probably backhand him into the fire if he tried!

John took a bowl of the stew and a quarter loaf of bread with it. He looked for a place to sit and eat it when Jennaca's voice came drifting through the ether of their infernal contract. Her voice was ghostly and ephemeral, but missing the typical humor she lived every day with.

"John! Come quick! Something's happened... something terrible."


12