Wolvren Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He cut from the elbow on his sleeve and yanked down a strip of cloth. Cutting it open he gently lifted the wolfs paw and wrapped it around in the warm cloth. The whine was soft but a lick to the face seemed to convey the wolf's thanks. Wolf blood covered his wounded hand and he saw it enter his wound. Grabbing some snow, he balled up his fist and counted to ten in his head. When he couldn't hold on anymore, he dropped the red stained snow. The wolf sniffed Keean's hand and licked his cut, leaving thick wolf drool in his wound. Keean wiped his palm on his sweats and reached out a hand to touch the wolf. The wolf sensing this lowered his head and entered into his hand.

The fur he was stroking between his fingers were coarse and thick but felt warm and inviting as his cold hand roamed over the head and back of the ears like a big dog. The wolf pushed him down and started licking his face and Keean broke out into unbridled laughter. Trying to sit up as the heavy weight was making it a bit difficult to breathe; Keean stopped pushing when he heard a low growl. Fluffy was licking his ears and neck this time and seemed happy not to let Keean get up anytime soon.

"I can't breathe Fluffy," said a struggling Keean.

Licking and nipping gently on under his chin, Fluffy rolled over to lay next to Keean on his back as he continued to assault Keean with wet licks as his paws dangled in the air. Staring at the night sky, the full moon was almost at its peak and lit up the whole alcove area. Fluffy stood up next to Keean and let out a haunting howl that reverberated through Keean's bones and he felt a sense of yearning he never knew he had. In response, Keean heard the replies of distant howls and Fluffy perked up his ears and let out a longing whine. Fluffy howled back his response. Expecting more howls from Fluffy's friends as the wolfs howl slowed down, Keean felt the most dreadful shiver run up his spine as a beastlike roar answered Fluffy's howl.

The wolfs ears laid flat on his head and growled deeply as he backed into Keean.

"What was that? A bear?" Keean asked the wolf as his shivering continued. No bear sounded like that. The screeching roar sounded almost human mixed with animal and Keean leaned into his wolf companion in fear.

Fluffy stood rigid next to the man and his fur and hackles were raised. He nudged Keean and whined low as if to get him up and moving.

Something was coming. Something big. Something that freaked the big wolf out.

There was the alcove a hundred feet away from them and Keean got up shakily and made his way. Once there, Fluffy stood in front him and shielded some of the clearing from view. Keean forgot his backpack and flashlight and the bright narrowed light lit up half of the clearing. Fluffy's ears were flat against his skull and he thrummed with growls in front of Keean. The wolf dare not give up their location with another howl and Keean sat with his arms wrapped wound his knees.

There was a crash, both wolf and man jerked at the sound. It sounded quite near, another roar sent fur and skin crawling. Distant howls from what Keean hoped was Fluffy's friends could be heard and Fluffy whined low in anticipation. "He is scared like me," thought Keean. "He's waiting for back up." What on earth could scare a wolf the size of a small horse?

Keean felt rather than saw some of the trees bending and shaking their way to the clearing and he leaned in on himself. The flashlight was like a homing beacon against the dull white but he was too scared to move. The thrashing noises and bloodcurdling snarls were coming really close and Fluffy lowered his head staring out at the trees. It grew quiet and Keean peered over Fluffy's back to look at the clearing. His heart was pounding in his chest and his palms, despite the cold, were sweating. What was out there?

Another roar and a heavy thud made both man and wolf jump and Keean shrieked. Fluffy growled low as a warning to him to be quiet and he stayed perfectly still. The only sign that the wolf was scared was the shivering Keean felt against him.

Keean felt a tiny surge of bravery and peered out. Lying in the snow looked what seemed to be the lower half of a deer carcass. Probably a young elk. Even from here, Keean could tell that it was savagely eaten. Something stepped out of the trees, approached the flashlight, and mutilated carcass.

Fluffy shook violently and lowered his whole body as his legs gave out. Keean had to shove his bare fist into his mouth and bite down to keep from screaming as tears streamed out of eyes in pure fear.

It was tall. Unnaturally tall, over 9ft and looked to have sickly grey skin with no fur. Its arms were too long and its torso too high. Its legs were backwards like a canine but it had grotesquely long feet. All its claws were as long as Keean's hand. There was white bone sticking out of its sides were ribs should have been and there were deep gashes all over its stomach that seemed to have never healed. Its head was what freaked him out the most. It looked like a wolf, if the wolf didn't have fur and died years ago. Long muzzle with missing flesh and skin and fangs longer than any knife. A large black tongue like a rubber tube dripped with gross black liquid. It dropped to the snow in low sizzles and Keean definitely did not want to find out what that goo felt like. Its eyes seemed to be popped forward in its head and were a milky red. Two tattered ears swiveled on its head. It raised its muzzle and gave another deafening roar that shouldn't have been made by anything alive. It sniffed the air with what sounded like phlegm in its throat that made Keean's stomach turn. Its head pointed to man and wolf and more liquid flowed from its mouth.

Keean shook with fear and closed his eyes. Fluffy was silent next to him with his body pasted next to the man. He was shivering as well but his eyes remained on the clearing and watched the monster carefully. Keean opened his eyes and quickly wiped the tears out of his face. Fluffy was just as scared as him but he was being brave for the both of them. Keean realized that the wolf could have left him here and ran off in fright, but he didn't and Keean tried his best to be quiet yet vigilant.

The monster stepped forward and knocked the flashlight as it rolled closer to the alcove. The monster seemed interested in the light and swiveled its head the same way a dog or wolf would do. Usually cute on canines, this looked horrible like the beast was thinking and that sent fresh shivers down Keean's back. In a roar, the monster picked up the half elk and slammed it into the flashlight in a sickening crunch. Bone and black meat flew everywhere and the monster repeatedly slammed the carcass into the snow and light. The flashlight skidded across the snow and shown directly into the alcove illuminating Keean and Fluffy.

The monster stared at them curiously before completely disappearing. Huh? Where did it go? Fluffy let out squealing wail as his injured leg was grabbed and almost crushed by the unnatural claws of the monster and the wolf was thrown out into the clearing. Keean screamed and kicked when the monsters face came into the alcove and roared as it grabbed Keean's leg in a vice like grip. The monster held the man above the ground by his leg and roared into Keean's face. It tongue came out and Keean vomited his supper upside down at the smell and the burning lick to his face. His face felt like it was on fire and his leg felt like it was about to break as Keean screamed in pain.

A zooming snarl had the monster grunting in pain as Keean saw Fluffy latched on to the monsters back and biting its thin ears. Fluffy thrashed as he bit for all he was worth as he growled in combat. Keean screamed and tried to kick its face as he dangled dangerously in front of the creature. Fluffy whined as his muzzle filled with burning ooze and he bit down again on the creatures head.

The monster swiveled and reached back with its unnaturally long arm and yanked the wolf by its head. Fluffy yelped in pain and Keean screamed to his wolf friend. Fluffy was picked up and thrown down in the most horrible crunch Keean had ever heard. The monster roared as Keean was tossed aside into his backpack and the monster made its way over to the wolf. Keean stood up in stark surprise and stared at Fluffy, as he was unmoving. The sight of his friend who bravely tried to save him, crumpled in a heap of blood and fur sent the young man into a frenzy. He felt a rage build up in him as he shouted to the monster.

"Leave him alone!" Keean bellowed. The monster turned to look at him as if Keean was crazy.

His bravery evaporated instantly and Keean shook with fear. A shiny sparkle caught his eye in the snow as the monster lowered its head and ran to Keean. Keean dodged weakly at the claws that swiped him as he plunged his pocketknife into the monsters eye. It screamed and screeched in pain so horribly that Keean shrieked again as he rolled away with his backpack and ran dumbly to Fluffy. The monster flailed uselessly about as it couldn't get the knife out of its eye. A deadly snarl sent out a warning to the world as it stared at Keean in pure hatred. Black ooze running down its eye, the monster wailed and rushed man and wolf. He knew this was the end and he screamed into the fur of the wolf next to him. Keean heard a faint whine and a soft yip from Fluffy as he heard the monster roar in pain.

Two wolves were on its back while two more each had a front limb in their jaws. Another two snarled and growled at the creature as they circled the thing. Fluffy's pack had come to their rescue and Keean cried out to them. Two more came to stand closer to Keean and Fluffy and he watched as eight wolves attacked the monster in synchronized succession and the monster flailed about uselessly. It began to step back and the wolves growled and bit deeper into the monsters flesh. In a flood of strength, the monster lashed up and threw the two wolves on its back and into the four in front of it. It staggered back and roared its ungodly pain as it stepped into the open bear trap. The force of its stumble and the clamping teeth severed its leg right through bone and flesh and it fell back. The wolves stood in front of the monster, panting and growling as the creature cried out something that sounded terrifyingly human

"Bou-n-d". The creature disintegrated into a pile of black ash.

Keean was shaking so much he thought he was about to pass out. A low whine brought him back to Fluffy laying in front of him

"Who's a good boy? You're a good boy Fluffy. Yes you are," cried Keean as he rubbed the big wolfs fur. Fluffy was trembling and whining low as his eyes glazed over.

"Please don't die. Please don't die, Fluffy," cried Keean as he jumped when a cold nose touched his ear.

He saw four of the wolves surround him and Fluffy as the remaining four-kept watch over the forest. They all were limping slightly and panting heavily but otherwise looked unharmed. Keean stared at them a little scared until Fluffy woofed softly to them. The four big wolves came to sniff Keean's face and they nuzzled their pack brother. Keean was crying opening now as his legs felt like lead and he was sore and scared. He was starting to feel his chest pull tight and he his vision blur as he gulped in air and tried to breathe.

A big black wolf came up to him and nudged him gently as Keean buried his face into the black fur of its ruff. Keean breathed deeply, a rush of musk filled his lungs, and he sighed slowly as his whole body relaxed in the grip of the scent. It smelt like the forest, with frozen pines and cold earth. Like the hunt that brought in sustenance. Like brothers and sisters who shared in his joy and pups that made everything seem silly. It smelt like...home.

His mind cleared and his breathing slowed as he slumped into the warmth of the fur. Eyes drooping as the scent nudged him into a sleepy calm. Keean breathed deeply again and the big black wolf howled in triumph and the others joined in as the pack had successfully protected their brother and strange new friend who smelled like wolf kin but was not. The howl pressed into the back of Keean's head and he slowly closed his eyes to the wonderful sound. Fluffy lying next to him woofed deeply and licked his hand once more as Keean lulled into sleep.

***

Keean shot up in shock and stared wide eyed around him. He sat up startling three of the big wolves he was sleeping on as Fluffy came to stand on all fours in front of the kneeling man. Keean gasped as a shiver went up his spine and slowly started to crawl back in fear, forgetting the past few hours. He stared into the bright yellow eyes and froze when a low whine escaped the wolf's muzzle

"...no...go..." whined the wolf

Keean gulped as words were statically drumming in his ears. The wolf stepped forward and he closed his eyes in fear.

"...stay..." pleaded Fluffy

The words were hollow in his ears as if they were spoken through a strong wind.

"...you...kin..." the last word echoed loudly in Keean's ears.

His scent filled Keean and he wrapped his arms around the wolf's neck as he breathed deep and closed his eyes as the static disappeared slightly and the wind in his hearing stopped.

"...safe..." assured the grey wolf.

"I can hear you," said Keean out loud.

Fluffy rubbed his head again under his chin and licked Keean's ear

"...strange..." sneezed the wolf

"How can I understand you?" asked Keean whilst Fluffy stood still

"...no...kin...but...still...kin..." said Fluffy

"What? I don't understand," said Keean anxiously.

"...no...kin...you...fuffly?..." Fluffy stepped back and tilted his head to the side in question.

"Fluffy. That's what I named you," said Keean as he sat down in the hard snow.

"...me...kin...you...strange...kin...me...fuffly?..." the wolf asked curiously, licking his nose

"Yes. Your name is Fluffy," laughed Keean

"...me...fuffly...me...likes..." said Fluffy as his ears pricked up again and licked Keean's face in earnest.

"...two...legs...but...is...kin..." Fluffy said in declaration

"Two legs? Like people? Humans?" asked Keean.

Fluffy growled at the word "Humans".

"...hoo...mans...bad...you...kin...not...bad..." declared the big wolf and licked Keean's face again.

Fluffy stared into Keean's eyes, brought his muzzle down, and breathed into Keean's face. Keean's mind cleared once more and the dizziness he had vanished. Fluffy pricked up his ears as if sensing something nearby.

"This one is kin," warned Fluffy.

Keean looked up at Fluffy in shock, as the words were clear and understandable as if spoken by another person. His lips didn't move and no sound came out. Keean realized he was hearing Fluffy in his head.

"Human male," cautioned an off-white wolf that was slightly smaller than Fluffy. Keean mentally named her "Snow"

"Snow? Human speaks kin!" said Snow in wonder as she licked her nose.

"He smells like kin," said a younger wolf with grey fur mixed with white and the name "Smoke" popped into Keean's head.

Smoke tilted his head to the side in question and pricked up his ears in interest.

"I Smoke? I Smoke!" declared the young male wolf as he proudly received a name of his own.

"What is human male do here at pack den?" asked the pitch-black wolf stepping forward who seemed to be the largest. "Shadow" Keean named him

"Shadow? Grrrmmm. I like word. I be Shadow. Who is human and why speak kin?" asked Shadow, licking his nose.

"I not know," said Fluffy. "He outside human. Inside he kin," said Fluffy as rubbed his side along Keean and stood in defiance to the other wolves. "He is kin! I keep male safe," growled Fluffy in declaration.

Some of the other wolves lowered their heads and began to growl and Keean sensed the tension rising. He slowly sat on his haunches, placed his hands out in front of him, and tried to defuse the situation.

"Whoa guys. I'm Keean. Please don't fight. I'll leave if you want me to," offered Keean as he was scared they would hurt Fluffy

"Kee-nn? Kin. Yes. You are kin," said Fluffy proudly, touched the human wanted to keep him safe.

"No. My name is Key-Yun," said Keean slowly and loudly

All nine wolves tilted their heads to the side and stared at Keean curiously

Rolling his eyes Keean placed his hand on his chest.

"Me Key-Yun," Keean said slowly again

"Key-Yun. Word for you?" asked Fluffy

"Yes. I'm Keean. You are Fluffy. She is Snow. And Smoke and Shadow," said Keean pointing as each one he named pricked up their ears. He couldn't believe he was having a discussion about names with a pack of wolves.

With Fluffy standing in front of him, the three wolves he named came forward slowly and sniffed the air. Fluffy's fur bristled and he was about to growl when Keean put a hand on his back and rubbed his fur gently.

"It's fine Fluffy. I don't know how I know, but I know none of you are going to hurt me," said Keean sincerely.

A white female with a blueish hue to her fur came forward and nuzzled Fluffy. "Mate" buzzed through Keean's mind as he realized the female was Fluffy's mate. She came up to Keean and nuzzled him gently letting her soft fur brush up against his cheek like a light "Breeze," said Keean out loud. She gently licked his face and her breathe fluttered along his face and a calm came over him just as when he breathed in Fluffy's scent.

"He is kin, my mate," said Breeze. Her mind voice was calm and soothing and both Keean and Fluffy visibly relaxed.

The three named wolves came forward and sniffed at Keean before gently rubbing their muzzles into Keean's hair and neck. Licking eagerly the wolves wagged their tails and yipped their approval of their new pack friend.

"He is kin. Come greet, my pups," said Shadow

Three of the remaining wolves were all-younger than Fluffy. Seemingly, cautious but curious, they waited until their sire gave them the go ahead to sniff out their new friend

.

A solid grey male with almost pointy ears eagerly licked Keean's face. Laughing and rubbing his ears Keean had the image of being surrounded by dense "Fog" said Keean and Fog licked his face in thanks.

The other two were the spitting image of each other, with slightly different sizes and light grey fur. One was male and the other female. They seemed to be close to each other and happily investigated together. Their noses were ice cold and wet in Keean's ears and he had the image of vapour rising from rivers. "Mist" to the female and "Steam" to the male. Both seemed happy at their newfound names.

The last male was as large as Fluffy and patiently waited for the younger pups to be done with their assessment. He was a deep dark grey and solidly built. When he came up to Keean to lick his face, Keean's hands plunged into the softest grey fur that he had ever felt and imagined falling into a soft "Cloud". Cloud sniffed around his pockets. "Food?" he asked eagerly eyes shining in anticipation. Keean laughed and apologised that he had none. His ears drooped down disappointingly and Keean had the image of a scolded puppy so Keean gently scratched behind his ears as he panted his thanks.

After greeting the pack, Keean turned to Shadow

"What was that thing? It looked like a werewolf that went horribly wrong," asked Keean

"Werewolf? Not know what werewolf is. Creature is bad. Not part of pack," said the older male

Fluffy came and nuzzled Keean. "Not worry. We keep Keen safe," declared the wolf. Keean smiled gently at Fluffy's attempt to say his name. "You save Fluffy. Pack save you,' said Fluffy as he licked Keean's face again.

Keean needed to get used to all the wolf licking. He noticed that the burn on his face was gone and the wolves licking soothed the after burn.

"Are you alright, Fluffy? You're still hurt from the trap," asked Keean to his new wolf friend.