World of Asisai - A Reader's Guide

Story Info
A guide for my main series and one-shots.
1.6k words
3.5
479
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Welcome to the amorous world of Asisai! The purpose of this guide is to provide some foundational knowledge of the universe where all of my stories take place. This is not necessary reading and contains only minor spoilers for the main series (A scandal, a prophecy, etc.). Thank you for checking this out!

Races

Humans

Humans are the most populous race on Asisai and the primary rulers of two of the three most influential kingdoms of Asisai. They can be found almost anywhere, as part of any group. Though they are not the oldest race in Asisai, they have adapted to it more than any other race, primarily through their spread and use of Sage plants and the influence of the Sage church.

Nymphlings

- Average Height: 5'5" - 5'10"

- Life Span: ~125 years

- Body: Glowing eyes, pointed ears

Nymphs were ancient, magical beings that once ruled over Asisai until humanity waged a century-long war on them. The war ended when the Nymph queen decided to have the children of a human soldier, and inspired by her choice, other Nymphs did the same. From their unions came nymphlings, half human and half nymph. In the current day they're nearly as populous as humans and can be found anywhere, though many reside in the forests that were once the land of their Nymphic ancestors.

Kobolds

- Average Height: 4'- 4'6"

- Life Span: ~70 years

- Body: Scaly skin, short lizard-like tail, hair along the spine

Far off from Asisai, cosmic dragons ruled over a continent, and created the kobolds, mixing their blood and magic with the earth itself, to serve them. However, the kobolds would rebel against their masters, and fearing their destruction, the dragons would make a deal with a demon that would cause the fall of the dragon's kingdom, leaving the kobolds to create their own society and immigrate to the main continent of Asisai. They can often be found on the road as merchant packs, traveling and selling their inventions.

Centaurs

- Average Height: 5'6"-7'

- Life Span: ~150 years

- Body: Horse body with human torso

Centaurs are the youngest race on Asisai, hailing from another continent, east of Asisai. Originating from a fiercely capitalist society, they are known for competition and cocksure attitudes. They are most known for forming family units akin to lion packs, only contributing to their competitive nature. Though they have immigrated to Asisai as well, they are sparsely found in cities.

Owliths

- Average Height: 7'-7'6"

- Life Span: ~250 years

- Body: Covered in fur, Owlike head, talon feet and hands

Being the most mysterious yet proud race, even in the modern age, they are very isolationist. Only a few have immigrated to Asisai, from their underground kingdom that bordered the continent. Those who leave are labeled as pariahs, and exiled from their homes. From what little has been shared, they are said to hold secrets to ancient magic, and some believe that they're just as old, or even older than the Nymphs themselves.

Locations

Kingdom of Terraminas

- Capital: Caphina

- Ruler: King Lanmond V

- Races: Human, Nymphling, Kobold

The oldest and largest human kingdom, and one of the three great superpowers in Asisai. Founded and proclaimed as the greatest seat of humanity, and the strongest front against the demonic forces that once ruled the world. Though, they have also gained a reputation for a puritan and zealous governance.

Queendom of Erasoris

- Capital: Alipi

- Ruler: Queen Odeli

- Races: Human, Nymphling, Kobold, Centaur, Owlith

An immensely diverse nation bordering its brother, Terraminas, founded shortly after its rise. It once was a part of a larger, human territory, but with the discovery of Silver Heights, a bountiful mountain to provide silver, a queen was declared in conjunction with the formation of the House of Sorisancta, becoming a powerful queendom in its own right. It is now known as a greatly diverse, vast, and rather lustful nation.

Empire of Imasa

- Capital: Citalwys

- Ruler: Empress Ythaeli

- Races: Nymphling, Human

The largest Nymphling territory and the youngest nation created after the conquering of several Nymphling lordships under a single banner. The Nymphling states were once disparate and divided following the the end of demonic rule, but with Erasoris as an ally, Empress Ythaeli was able to bring many of the states into a strong empire, either through religion or by force.

Forests of Aalwys

- Capital: Undeclared

- Ruler: Various Lords and Ladies

- Races: Nymphling

Land of scattered nymphling lordships and cities that remained independent following the formation of the Imasan Empire. The various houses and their lords that managed to hold onto their land remained proud of their Nymphic descendancy and thus made their power from artifacts derived from their respective bloodlines.

The Great Plains

- Capital: Mnt. Andrelon

- Ruler: King Andrelon VII

- Races: Centaur, Kobold

The large, sprawling continent home of the centuars, lying east to Asisai. It is defined as consisting mostly of savannah and jungle biomes, which, over the course of centuries, has been conquered by the proud, competitive centaur race. Though, as the name would imply, to the peoples of Asisai, the land is home to many exotic creatures and magic, defying understanding.

Phyylis

- Capital: The Throne of the Sky

- Ruler: King Ilolok

- Races: Owlith

The mysterious kingdom from which the Owlith people originate. Lying underneath an immensely large mountain range to the north-west, it mostly known as a strictly isolationist nation, hostile to all outsiders. Little is known of the kingdom or its owlith people, having speculated to be as old as the Nymphs themselves.

Yvasvi

- Capital: Itvas de Nyram

- Ruler: Emperor Quezza

- Races: Kobold

This is the Ancient homeland of kobolds, having once been occupied by dragons, lying south to Asisai. Consisting of a series of islands, the Kobolds, being scrappy and inventive, adapt quickly to the magic and ruins left behind by their former draconic masters. The cultures of the kobolds vary from island to island, and with their collaboration with Asisai during the reign of demons, are very open and welcoming nation.

Groups/Organizations

House of Sorisancta

An order formed after the Crusades devoted to combating demons and users of corrupted magic. They work closely with the Sage Church, but they sworn to serve every nation, even the Great Plains and Yvasvi. They have a reputation for not only incredible magic and strength, but sexiness as well.

Road of Whores

A movement encapsulating groups of adventurers that explore the hidden corners of Asisai, for the sole purpose of every sexual high possible. From tainted ruins to exotic, magical creatures, to wanton experiments left behind by both nymphs and demons. The movement attracts all races of all ages, though the common Whore is one who feels disenfranchised by a polite society.

The Sage Church

The primary religion of the human kingdoms of Terraminas and Erasoris. Having originated from rituals involving burning sage, their practice is mostly characterized as strict meditation and exploration of one's inner nirvana,. They also work closely with the House of Sorisancta, and though they lack their sister orgzniation's beauty and strength, holy magic is still practiced amongst many of its members.

Imyrism

Named after the original nymph queen Imyra, this is the official religion of the Imasan Empire. They define themselves through free spirituality, casting the original nymph ancestors as the models of love and unity. Through this practice the Imasan has annexed much of the nymphling population, though many nymphling lordships remain proud in their ancestor's legacy.

Cults

Isolationist groups of people who worship the demonic and the profane. Though they are most created by those who scoff at the supposed spirituality of the big churchs, they get many of their members from the Road of Whores. Some cults directly interact with their demonic inspiration, allowing them access the magic of Corruption, making them quite dangerous.

Magic

Scriptomancy

The most common form of magic, performed through an ancient runic language. Originally discovered during the time of the nymphs, it's practice has evolved over the centuries, becoming a complex language on its own, being difficult to fully master. Many people can learn to cast a simple spell, but hose who are fluent in the magical language and can create new spells, or commands, are known as scriptomancers, of which there are only a few.

Holy

The elusive magic practiced by the Sage Church and House of Sorisancta. Characterized as extremely volatile, it is most known to enhance the bodies of those who weid it, as well being powerful enough to warp space. Due to its spiritual nature, it also the only reliable counter against the magic of demons.

Corruption

A dangerous, chaotic magic resulting from the taint of demons. It is described as being able to manipulate your body and mind, often transforming someone into a lustful creature with no memory of who they were before. It has been an effective weapon weilded by the demons during their reign, as the possibility for sexaual ecstasy is very tempting, with some willing to embrace it wholeheartedly.

Fables

A magic belonging solely to centaurs, drawing on the power of creatures of legend to enhance their bodies. Like scriptomancy it is a runic based magic, having originated from some of the earliest conquerors of the Great Plains. In the modern day it has taken on a capitalistic form, being sold en masse in a less powerful from, limiting the amount of true originals to be discovered.

Wyrm Blood

A blood-based magic wielded by the kobolds, originating from their dragon creators. Its most common use is mainly seen in its telepathic capabilities, allowing dozens of kobolds to act as unified force. Being intrinsically tied to a kobold's biology, it has seen little evolution, yet experimentation over the centuries has resulted in some truly outlandish spells and magic.