World World: Max vs Pride

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"(I also threatened to take their children, just like they did to all of you.)" Max adds, looking over at the rejoicing families that have been freed after so long.

"(So then what now, mighty one?)" my tribe's elder says, approaching us all slowly. "(Are you to rule over us as king now?)"

"(What?! No!!)" Max shouts at her, clearly offended by the accusation. "(I just wanted to reunite Annette with her family. I thought for so long I'd taken everything from her...I just needed to give something back.)" I frown at hearing my mate's words, my own words to my mother and the elder repeating once again in my head. I grab his face and turn it towards me, pursing my lips together with a little difficulty and I attempt to give him the kiss I have felt him give to me so many times.

"You have taken nothing from me, Max, and you have given me everything." I say softly to him in English. "But thank you for saving the tribe. I love you." Max freezes at my words, locking his eyes onto mine as my words wash over him. I smile softly at him and his eyes begin to fill with tears. He catches me off guard, wrapping me in a hug that would crush me if he were using his power and nuzzling the top of my head with his cheek.

"(As much as I hate to interrupt this touching moment, my question still stands...)" the elder speaks up, ruining the wonderful atmosphere I had just built up with my mate. I glare at her and she simply replies with a playful smirk before she continues speaking to Max, "(While I am sure that we should probably be able to return to the village we were taken from, the other antelope tribe has been trapped for so long that they no longer have a home to return to. Do you have a plan for that as well?)"

I do not even need to ask my mate about whether he had thought that far in advance. I know he has not. He just moved forward with whatever obstacle stood before him, driven by his desire to do what he thought was right. While we can discuss what they wish to do on the way home, I know that my tribe cannot afford to simply bring the other tribe in. Including their children, that is nearly forty mouths that will need space and food. Furthermore, that space would also need to be fairly easy to either defend or abandon as the need arises. Luckily for my mate, I've been pondering this very thing while I've been leading them all towards Siren and the children.

"Max," I begin, grabbing his attention as I feel the playful smirk form on my face, "Do you remember how we were joking about how nice it would be to have neighbors?"

The End for now