Wrongfully Accused Ch. 07-09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Then, we heard about El Quetzal. Juan got in his head that if he slew the dragon, then his cred would go through the roof. After all, no one could beat your boss. So if Juan could, then he would be a legend. So Juan recruited me and all of the guys that got caught, for his little power trip. Of course, we told Lobo about our planned attack, but he denied it... We should have listened to him, but Juan was too prideful for his own good," Quin said, pausing after he recalled the events of that day.

"He wanted to do it, during rec time, where everyone could see. With me, him, and the boys, that made seven of us. We thought we had the odds in our favor, but we were sorely mistaken. We approached him, with Juan leading the pack. El Quetzal was working out in the weights area. He stopped when we were right in front of him. Juan in his big pride told El Quetzal that he was with them now, and if he didn't comply, then we were going to beat him down. Your boss just brushed him off and just continued working out. That only infuriated Juan even more. He gave your boss one last warning, but of course, he said no. Then as we surrounded him, that was when I saw those eyes, the eyes of a man that doesn't want to be fucked with. The very same eyes you saw when Jesus came in that day. I knew I should have stopped it, but Juan had already thrown the first punch. After that, pandemonium stepped in."

"Your boss took every single one of us out. He used the weights on the bench as his weapon of choice. He used a forty-five-pound plate and bashed my face with it." Then Quin decided to pull something from his mouth. Lila was disgusted by what she saw--a pair of partial dentures.

"I remember what your boss did. But that wasn't the worst part. He beat Juan to an inch of his life. By the time the guards stepped in, all seven of us were down and Juan was in a coma."

"Oh my god," Lila exclaimed.

"Yeah, that's what I thought, but do you know what terrified me? No one did anything. There were no riots, nobody from our crew stepped in to help, nothing. Everybody just stood there and watched. It was at that moment, that I realized how much power and respect your boss had. So after that day, me and the rest of the guys backed off. As for Juan, after he got out of his coma, he was put at the bottom of the pecking order and was stripped of rank. He wanted to get revenge, but Lobo stopped him.

"Who is this Lobo character? I know he is the boss, but who is he?" Lila asked.

"Lobo, or Christopher Sinaloa, is the older brother of Luiz Sinaloa. He got busted many years ago, and is now spending multiple life sentences in prison."

"So that's who he was talking about," Lila said, but mainly to herself.

"Anyway when Lobo decreed that we don't go after your boss, me and the rest of the guys just did our time. Then one day, I stumbled into the prison library to work on getting my GED, since my school was shit. That was where I saw your boss once again, him sitting in a corner reading some fancy book. I thought he was going to come after me as most guys would do in prison, but after he saw me, he just went back to reading. Taking that as a sign, I went back to study for my GED. I was struggling, I could not seem to remember anything that I read. Then one day, he came up and handed me a book. He said that I should read to help with my test. Day after day, he would hand me another book, and each one would lead me closer, until I passed my GED exam. After that, he gave me books on welding and materials. He said if I wanted to make some money, welding is the way to go, especially with SpaceX moving to Texas. So following his advice, I studied, and when I was released on parole I headed off to trade school. That has been about a year now. I should be getting my welding license and certificate by the end of the year."

"Why would he do that? Why would Jason do that for someone who attacked him?" Lila asked.

"I asked myself that very same question, and I even asked him, myself. All he said was why not. But whatever the reason, I'm grateful. With the blessing from Lobo, I was released from the Sinaloas with no repercussions. I'm sure your boss had something to do with that."

With everything said and done, Lila left the restaurant, still confused about Jason. She found out that he had powerful friends, but he never once worked for them. He could beat a guy to death, but also help them out. The more she devils into him, the more uncertain she is. The only thing that she could take solace in, was the fact that they were not in danger, for the time being.

After Lila left the restaurant, she managed to make it to the pet store, where she got several months' supply of dog food that was too heavy for her to handle. Luckily, they had staff to help her. She also bought a doggy bed, and some chew toys, since she didn't want the dog to chew up the nice furniture. And last, but not least, a collar and ID tag. With everything at hand, she made her way back to Jason's house.

When she got there, she found Jason in the back watching Shae running around the backyard. She looked so free running around with all that open space. But then when Shae spotted Lila, she made a beeline toward her. Lila yelped when Shae almost clobbered with her, but luckily, the dog skidded to a stop just before it made contact. That got a chuckle from Jason, and blushing red cheeks from Lila.

The rest of the day went by like any other day, except that with Shae, they had a new companion living with them in the house. At one point, Ronnie made a surprise appearance, saying that she wanted to meet the new housemate. They all ate together, and Jason performed a familial bond, to which Shae would identify Lila and Ronnie as friendly, and not foe. It was mainly done so that Shae wouldn't bark if one of them entered his house without permission, and deter those who are not. With everything done and cleaned up, Ronnie said her goodbyes, and Lila and Jason headed off to bed.

Through the night, Lila could not seem to find any sleep. She was twisting and turning, while her mind replayed the events of that day. She still had no idea what to make of Jason, even though she knew more about him from Quin, the cashier. While twisting and turning, a strange sound lightly filled her ears. At first, she thought it was her mind playing tricks due to lack of sleep, but the longer she heard it, the more she realized that it wasn't all in her head. Curiosity getting the better of her, Lila gently slid out of bed, afraid that if she made a sound, then the sound would go away. Ever so quietly, she tiptoed down the hallway while only wearing her nightshirt. Ronnie still gave her some criticism about her sleep attire, but Lila didn't want to entice Jason with her looks. The last thing she wanted was to excite a convict to have his way with her.

With every step down the stairs, the music grew louder. Then, in the cover of shadows, Lila rounded the corner and saw the origin of the sweet lullaby. It was Jason sitting at the piano, playing a tune that was both beautiful, and equally sad. Lila was swooned by the melody of the music, like the notes had moved something within her heart. She gazed upon Jason, the light of the pool giving him a soft glow, illuminating his hardened muscles and the scars that marked his back.

"How could a man with such darkness and pain, play something so beautiful," Lila said in a whisper to herself, as she stood there listening to music.

Then a loud thud of a misplayed note could be heard filling the room, filled by a groan man.

"Fuck. Every time," Jason grumbled to himself, as he held onto one hand, rubbing the tight muscle, trying to loosen the cramp in his hand.

He knew the hand cramp could happen, but he couldn't sleep, and playing music always seemed to soothe his troubled soul--even for a brief moment. Realizing that playing was no longer an option, Jason got up from the bench seat, patted Shae on the head, and started heading up the stairs. Lila managed to run up before Jason could notice, hiding in a closet room. With a slow, quiet breath, Lila waited and listened for Jason to pass by, and when the telltale sign of a door opening and closing could be heard through the quiet halfway, Lila stepped out of her hiding spot.

Lila still had no idea what to make of Jason, the more she learned about him, the more he confused her. He beats up a guy one day, then helps him make his life better. He has an aura of danger but can play lovely music. With each passing day, Lila's interest in Jason has been growing more and more; to what end, she didn't know. All she did know was that her life has gotten a bit more complicated and a bit more exciting. With all that in mind, Lila silently went back to her room, and drifted off into sleep, while the tune of the piano, lullabied her into a peaceful sleep.

Chapter 8

*** Lila's Apartment ***

It was the two days before Thanksgiving, and Lila was spending time with her dear older sister. They were lounging around the couch re-watching some of their favorite shows they used to watch when they were kids; like 'Malcolm in the Middle'. They were waiting for Jen to arrive home from school, since they had school just before Thanksgiving.

"So, Lu, how is working with Mr. Hottie going, manage any dick pics, yet?" Lily teased, as the next episode played.

"Stop it, Lil, for the umpteenth time, no, I have no, or will ever have any, pics of Jason, in any state of undress," Lila said, tired of all of her sister's constant teasing.

"Relax, Lu, I know. I'm just messing with you. So tell me what are our plans for this holiday?"

"Well, Jason gave me the week off, I figured he wanted alone time with his whore..."

"Whore?" Lily asked.

"Yes, he has a prostitute that he meets every other week."

"Really sis, why haven't you told me this, I would happily fill in for all of his sexual needs," Lily half-joked, half-being serious.

"Why? guys at the gym aren't cutting it anymore," Lila retorted.

"Yeah, in truth, they are all talk and no bite; they just talk a big game. And when they manage to get a night out with this ass--let's just say, I'm less than satisfied. Your boss, on the other hand, might just be man enough to handle me."

"You're incorrigible, Lil."

"That's me, Lil the little sex kitten. Anyway, what about Ronnie, is she going up to meet with her family?" Lily asked.

"No, she decided against that. She didn't want to hear from her mother--where is your next husband at? Am I getting grandbabies? Why aren't you back with your successful ex-husband? The cheater-- She figured that it would be better to stay here. I'll probably invite her over, so she can celebrate with us."

"Okay, and what about Jason?" Lily asked.

"What about him?"

"Well he will be alone this Thanksgiving, don't you want to invite him over, as well?'

"Why would I? He is my boss, not my friend. Besides, if he feels that lonely, then why doesn't he visit his own family and friends, I'm sure they would like to see him after all this time."

"Oh...You don't know?"

"Know what?" Lila asked.

"Well, if I am being honest, I have been cyber-stalking him, and I found some news videos during his trial. The media did not paint him in a kind light, sis. They made him out to be the monster. So much so, that his family sent out a public statement that Jason was disowned by them. That he was no longer a part of his family, and that they cut all ties with him. Even his parents."

"I knew about the disownment, but I didn't know that everyone rejected him. But he was found innocent, I'm sure that they would want to reconcile," Lila explained.

"They might, but after the trial, the media was harassing the family, trying to get a statement about Jason, and why he did it. Eventually, it became too much, and everyone just moved away, changing names, and now living out of state. The only ones they could track down were his parents, but that had a tragic end," Lily said, somberly.

"What happened?" Lila asked.

"They died in a car wreck, many years ago. Freak accident, semi-trailer's tires blew and drove them off the highway. They were dead at the scene."

"Oh my god, I didn't know," Lila said, kicking herself for not doing her due diligence.

"Yeah, the worst part is that he wasn't allowed to be at their funeral. Saying that the family barred him from attending. He never got to say goodbye."

They sat there in stunned silence. Lila processed everything her sister had said. While it was true that she and her parents didn't get along since she had gotten pregnant with Jen, they were still on speaking terms. But Lila could never imagine complete separation from everyone she ever loved.

"You see, sis, for eighteen years, he has been alone; no one came for him, no one listened to him. He was all alone and no one came to save him. He could still be in prison if it wasn't for Mrs. Carlile, but even though he is free, he is still alone," Lily explained, comforting her sister.

"How did you know all of this?" Lila asked.

"I know my way around a search engine, and have plenty of time to do my research on my next potential conquest," Lily joked, trying to lighten up the mood.

"Still incurable, sis."

"I know, but you love me all the same. Oh by the way, our landlord stopped by. He is still trying to make a deal for us to leave the apartment."

"I hope you said no. I know it is cramped, but it is the best place with the best rent," Lila said.

"Of course, sis. Remember seven more months and we will have the money to finish buying our own house."

"Yeah, seven more months," Lila said to herself. Thinking about Jason, "You know, maybe we can make him a plate for Thanksgiving. He might like that."

"Now that's what I'm talking about, Lu. And I am taggin' along," Lily cheered, before they settled back into their show.

*** Lila's Apartment middle of the night ***

Smoke started to fill the room, alarms were blazing, and the sound of people running and screaming filled the halls. Lila and Lily both woke up from their beds coughing from the smoke.

"FIRE! THERE IS A FIRE!" Lily yelled, as she jumped off the bed.

"GO, GRAB WHAT WE NEED, QUICKLY. I'LL GO GET JEN. MEET ME BY THE FIRE ESCAPE!" Lila screamed out to her sister, trying to outdo the blaring sirens.

Lila darted out of her room, as smoke filled the apartment, but that was the least of her worries, as she made a beeline to her daughter's room. She busted through the room only to find Jen coughing in her bed.

"Mom...cough, cough...what's happening...cough..." Jennifer said, trying her best not to breathe in the smoke.

"IT'S A FIRE SWEETIE, WE HAVE TO GO!" Lila shouted, on the verge of coughing up a lung, but that didn't matter. All she needed to do was get her family to safety. She dragged Jen from her bed, and into the living room. Lily was there with their emergency bag, she insisted that they keep ready for an emergency like the one they were in at that moment. They ran into the hallway, and a wave of people was heading towards the window where the fire escape was located. It was slow, but one by one, they managed to escape the burning building and made it to the other side of the street.

They watched as flames slowly consumed the building. Firefighters managed to arrive on the scene, but half of the building was already covered in flames and they were slowly reaching the top. Lila, Lily, and Jennifer watched, as the flames made their way to their apartments, setting everything ablaze. They stood there in tears, as everything that they had built there, all the memories they had, was all burned to ash.

They waited for the firefighters to put out the flames, but the building was a lost cause. More than half of it was burned, and the other half was deemed to be structurally unsound. The police arrived at the scene, taking down statements and information on the tenants, so they could contact them with further information. Standing cold, half naked, and covered in ash, the three women had nowhere to go.

"What do we do, where do we live?" Jen asked, frantic about their current situation.

"First thing's first. Lily, go talk to the police, find out what you can. I will call Ronnie, maybe she could put us up for a few days until we get everything sorted." Giving out orders, Lila began to rummage for her phone in their emergency backpack. Luckily, all three of them managed to take their phones during the blaze. Scrolling through her contacts, she found Ronnie, and made a call to her friend.

"Hello..." Ronnie yawned, as she picked up her phone on the third attempt.

"Ronnie, sorry you're up, but this is an emergency," Lila said, as she told her everything that happened to them and their apartment.

"Oh my god, Lu, are you all right? is Jen all right? and Lily?" Ronnie spat out, fully awake after hearing about their current situation.

"We are all fine, V, but we need your help. We need a place to stay, at least for a few days until we can get back on our feet."

"Lu, you know I am there for you, give me the officer's info, that way, tomorrow I can start making calls in the morning. Hopefully, your insurance won't drag their feet. As for space, Lu, I can't because my studio apartment won't be able to house all three of you. Plus, my landlord is a real bitch about unwanted tenants," Ronnie explained.

"No problem, V. I guess we can hold up in a hotel, then."

"Sorry, Lu, but that won't work either. Hotels are normally booked solid during this time of year."

"Then what do we do, V? We don't have anywhere else to go," Lila pleaded, worried that they might sleep in the streets, or at a homeless shelter, since they were at that very moment, homeless.

"Well, there is one place I can think of. He has more than enough space to take all three of you in," Ronnie said, hoping that Lila would go with her suggestion.

"No, V. I can't--we can't just show up and crash at his place. You know how he is with just me. Now, he is getting two more roommates in the mix. He won't go for it."

"It's your only option, Lu. Maybe if you explained your situation, and that it is only temporary, then he might let you in. What do you have to lose?" Ronnie said, hoping Lila could see her reasoning.

"Okay, Ronnie, I will go over, and maybe I will find out if he has a heart. I'll let you know how it goes."

"Okay, Lu, text me how it goes. Oh and send me all the information the police give out. I'll make calls first thing in the morning. And if Jason lets you stay there, then I will also meet you there."

Lily agreed to that, and from there, they both said their goodbyes. It was perfect timing, since Lily came back with a report and a card from the police officer on the scene.

"So what do we do now, mom? Are we staying with aunty V?" Jen asked.

"No, honey, but don't worry I know of a place where we could stay. We just have to get there."

During their rush for escape, they forgot the keys to the car. Luckily they had uber on their phones, so calling one wasn't too difficult. They all huddled in the back seat of the car, while the driver tried to make small talk. But in truth he was trying to look up their nightshirts, hoping to see some panties or some pussy. Lila saw this, so she made sure the guy had his eyes on the road. Since it was the dead of night, there was no traffic to be seen, so they made excellent time. Before they knew it, they were standing outside of Jason's house.

"Who lives here?" Jennifer asked.

"My boss, hopefully, he will let us sleep here until we can get back on our feet."

"He lives here?" Lily asked, taking in the awe of the housing and landscape.

"Yes, now let me do all the talking. He isn't exactly friendly, especially to newcomers." Lila warned.