X-Ray Vision Ch. 13: Ever After

Story Info
They get married! Then do some diving. And an Epilogue.
23.7k words
4.93
1.5k
5

Part 13 of the 13 part series

Updated 04/05/2024
Created 02/23/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hit the street by 11:30!"

"I won't forget! Nick will light a fire under me!"

And she is gone, a peck on the cheek and out the door with Khang, my bride-to-be off to do whatever brides did all morning with their sisters before they wed the love of their life.

That's me, Greg, the love of her life! Jillian and I are going to be married, in a few hours. Exactly how this worked, I still have no idea. It's none of my concern, apparently.

See, in our clan, the Aunties are responsible for that stuff, all of it. The church, the party, a Đám Hỏi first which is a reception at her family's house. That's what 11:30 was about.

My part was just, getting cleaned up and dressed, then showing up with my 'brothers'.

I don't have any brothers, not by blood, an only child. But after last fall I had all the volunteers I could want. Way more than I was truly comfortable with.

Jillian and I had done something that got everybody feeling pretty great about us. Something they couldn't ignore, she'd said. Well, she was right; Khang had taken her phone off the hook for two days, it rang continuously, always another guy in the Vietnamese community and beyond wanting to walk with me. Cousins and uncles and brothers, every age.

Phuong had finally put an article in the local Vietnamese newspaper, show up here at 11:30 to walk 'The Finder' to ask for his bride Jillian, all welcome! Easy for him to say; I had to feed them all at the reception!

We'll look like a street parade, fifty or a hundred guys if they all show, processing up the hill from our condo on the beach, through the boardwalk to the Nguyens' place, the tailor shop they had on the professional street behind.

Fortunately, I had Nick here with me, my niece. She was to keep me on schedule, sort out the gifts, make sure I was dressed and on the street at the appointed time.

Can't keep the grandfather waiting! Though I'm pretty sure Phuong would wait any amount of time; he'd waited for this day for most of his life. Conspired to get me to, um, court Jillian. Totally melted down when Jillian told him we were expecting. Got everything he ever wanted out of this deal, nearly.

Phuong even sent pre-natal vitamins from the Vietnamese pharmacy, and a traditional crib, now in the spare bedroom, a wicker basket thing on legs, looks like it's for holding apples. Jillian says it'll be perfect, put a soft liner in it, blankets, baby will be very comfortable and safe.

Gonna be fun, marrying a girl almost five months pregnant. Gonna look awesome in her dress. Khang said it wouldn't be an issue, she's a genius with clothing, made a dress so clever Jillian would be beautiful and comfortable. I won't see it until, well, an hour or two from now!

The Aunties had planned the date well, lots of experience with this. Jillian was at that wonderful place between morning-sickness and aching back, the magic weeks in the middle where she was energetic, excited, still pretty mobile.

And fucking sexy. Oh my God.

Her baby bump is no secret to me; I can see every sexy curve and bulge. My son, in there, half a foot long, big head, tiny body, floating in a bubble in a perfect growth chamber, designed by nature to nurture a child.

And make expectant Moms look supremely fuckable.

I have a strong pregnancy fetish, I admit it. I see her curves, the changes in her face, lips, hips, her breasts and I get a stiffie. Every single time. She got so she'd joke about it, tucking my dick away when we crawled into bed, to make room for the two of them.

Down to business! First Nick and I shlep all the stuff from the extra bedroom, the bride-family-gifts, out to the drive. Weather is fine, that's a blessing right there, no problem leaving them outside. Nick does most of the hauling, so much faster than me, but I help with the two-person stuff. We get it all arranged in neat rows, ready for brothers to help carry.

No breakfast: Nick keeps closing the fridge door when I wander over, giving me a look? I have to fit into the suit, just for this one day, I can miss a meal.

Time to clean up, take a shower, get the sweat off and shave. Same old routine, but somehow today it seems to carry more weight.

Get thoroughly scrubbed, every inch, use soap. Then clip and comb and file, been to the barber for the whole job last week, still pretty tidy, not a lot to do.

It's an hour to go and Nick wants me dressed, now. Wants to help, I remind her I've dressed myself since I was four. Close the bedroom door on her.

Nick is something like my best man. Definitely my best friend, other than my wife. Jillian's niece, really, well not 'really', we just decided, and she went along with it, wanted it, so that makes it a fact.

Been a close friend these last months, for sure, talking me through my down times when Jillian couldn't sleep, couldn't eat, puking all over the place. Cooked for us! Not anything spectacular but when I was doing puke-laundry for the third time in a weekend on zero sleep she'd boil some rice or come over with takeout, some tame noodles the Vietnamese shop makes for expectant mothers, some non-smelly stuff for me so it wouldn't set Jillian off. Kept me alive.

God I don't know what I would have done without family!

So I gotta put on this rig, how hard can it be? Khang made it so that means it's not like something normal, got buttons where I didn't know buttons could be. A band I'm supposed to wear around my middle? Some snaps, they don't seem to add up, four on one side, three on the other?

"Niiick!" Ok I do need Nick to help me get dressed. She appears instantly, waiting outside the door.

"Hands up!"

I gave up trying, just hand over the bits, raise my arms, let Nick have her way with me. She strips off what I've got on wrong, turns things around, rebuttons and re-straps and snugs things up while I stand in my boxers feeling vulnerable. If it was anybody else but Nick...

"Ok. Walk." I put my arms down and walk, expecting it to feel like a suit of armor or some uncomfortable monkey suit formal thing.

It's not. Feels like it's hardly there, moves with me, flexes in the right places. No binding!

Nick sees my grin, gives me a fist-bump.

"Aunt Khang knows her stuff!"

Boy howdy she does. This is awesome. Look like a million bucks in the dresser mirror, the part I can see anyway. I can See everything, but important today to pay attention to what everybody else is looking at!

I hear cars outside, get nervous. The 'brothers' are arriving.

Nick and I give each other a look; Nick grins, comes in for the hug. No argument here; I need one.

Hands on my shoulders, "You got this! We go out, I give you the sign when everybody is ready, you start walking! You know the way. Take your time; we'll be right behind you."

Sounds easy, but right out the door and already I'm nervous.

Cars line the street, up to the corner in both directions, double-parking now. Young men, old, everything in between! Getting out, hanging out, chatting, some already here, holding gifts, ready. Some brought more gifts! We're gonna need a wheelbarrow.

Mr. Pham! In a wheelchair, not gonna be up to walking a mile with that artificial leg.

No problem: I greet him like Jillian has taught me, first as the eldest, bowing over him in his chair, with the correct honorific.

"Good morning, Mr. Pham! Chào bác!" He's my uncle today, on this trip. I take his hand in mine, place my other hand over, pressing gently. He smiled widely, pleased that I'd tried to get it right, his three gold teeth catching the light.

"Chào cậu!" which sounded like what I was expecting - an elder to a young friend. Anyway, he was clearly very happy to be here.

Tito is here with Trevor, which is a great comfort. Tito claps me on the shoulder, smiles his tight smile but including his eyes this time! Dressed formally, for him, which means new dockers, a shirt with an actual collar, a jacket, a red handkerchief. A gold chain! He carries it off beautifully.

"Gonna make it?" Kidding, but I give him a weak smile.

Other young men are approaching. Big smile, put out a hand! These people are all being nice to me, remember to return the favor.

"Mr. uh, Gregory? You helped my Auntie once, lost her handbag, you came by with it later. She was so relieved! Her rent money in there. I wanted to say thanks."

"No problem! Just being neighborly, like you! Thanks for coming today! I really appreciate that you're here, helping me on my big day."

A big smile, pumps my hand, a grin. Excited, like he's meeting a celebrity, goes back to his friends, still grinning.

More like that. "Years ago, you were just a teenager, I lost my lunch money, crying; you came up to me, holding it, a small thing but important to a little kid! Thanks for being a good neighbor."

"My car keys! Just reappeared in the mailbox, we knew it was you!"

"Bà Nội, always losing her way in the grocery store parking lot, easily confused. You walked her home! We are all so glad you are here."

More like that, I just kept repeating No trouble! Thanks for coming today!

Nick is going around, parceling out gifts. Tito takes a potted plant; they are heavy! Most of the young men choose boxes of fruit or wine, cradled in the crook of an arm.

Mr. Pham insists on carrying something; Nick is at a loss. Trevor figures it out, finds a large bag of weird, dried mushrooms, weighs nothing but a good size to carry in his chair. All sorted.

More gifts than brothers! Some young men step up, carry two boxes. I try to carry something, but Nick slaps my hand. "Your family is giving the gifts! Not you!"

Ok, ok. I'll just stand here and look pretty; that's my whole job today!

We're ready to go, and Nick gets a panic look. "Just a minute"

She's in and out in seconds, with a red flower and a pin.

"Hold still."

I always hold still when somebody comes at me with a pin. She manages it, stabs me once but I don't think she drew any blood. If that's the worst to happen today, I'm getting off easy.

Red flower looks pretty sharp on the white coat, Khang insisted on white, I like blue better but what do I matter? I'm only the groom.

I miss Billie; she's normally the one I look to for comic relief in social situations. She's already over at Phuongs, helping Aunties. A special skill of hers, dealing with ladies in authority. She is already the Aunties' favorite in the crew, by a wide margin, helping out weekends all month leading up.

Nick gives me the nod, two gifts in her arms, and time to go!

I gesture to Mr. Pham, may I? and get his permission. Two hands on his chair we wheel out the drive, hit the street.

A big crowd! Maybe forty? Fifty! And noisy! I hear them back there, laughing and talking, catching up with each other. What these events are all about, neighbors, friends and relatives getting together for a day.

Pretty level so far; the boardwalk is just a half dozen blocks down by street, we get there happily, Nick chatting up Mr. Pham, rattling on in Vietnamese like a native, listening to his stories.

Passing through the arcade, shuttered for the season, it's the weekend so a few locals taking a walk, calling out to folks in the crowd. I hear a little of it.

"The Finder is getting married! Yes! Jillian, of course, you fool! Who else!"

All in good fun, the crowd is all comfortable with this part. About joy, celebration, making a deal out of it, being seen.

"Sure! Come on! Aunties will not mind!" and so we gain a few more, the crowd a mix of neat casually dressed 'brothers' and weekend walkers, everybody related to somebody it seems. Sharing the load, Nick has only one gift to carry now, and then none.

From here it's uphill, and I'm finding the wheelchair job might become a real chore. Fortunately, I have younger brothers; Nick hails one and with a grin he takes over, chatting happily with Mr. Pham who greets him like a nephew. Who knows, might be, it's all good.

Somebody starts singing something, Vietnamese so I don't know it, the crowd sings along, they all do the chorus, apparently something pretty raw because they laugh at the end, I'm getting slapped on the back, kidded.

And we're there - turning down the Nguyen's street, empty, a barrier on the other end so no cars. Aunties have some setup going in front of the shop, tables and a roped place, I guess we go there?

Nick knows, so no stress, she takes the lead, goes to one side, gets me placed at the front, everybody behind, still making a racket.

Some empty tables are set up, for the gifts? But nobody goes to set them down, must be more to it.

The door opens, Aunties file out, Billie too, line up to one side.

Then, Phuong, Khang, looking like a million bucks in embroidered clothing, some traditional style but made somehow modern by Khang. Wearing that astonishing jade, looks like a royal amulet, so green, the silver winking in the morning sun.

She's got a happy face, gives me a look, an eyebrow waggle.

The crowd goes silent, waiting. Oh! This is my bit.

"Ông Ngoại Phuong! I am here to ask for your granddaughter Jillian, to make her my wife! To take her to my house today, and with her, make it our home!"

I was allowed to call him that, really Jillian's grandfather but I didn't have any so.

Pretty simple, everybody knows what's going on, he's already said Yes!

So why am I sweating?

I try to swallow but it isn't going down, I decide to hold my breath instead.

Phuong looks severe, not taking any shit today.

"Will you show that you can support my precious granddaughter? Keep her in comforts as she is accustomed?"

Panic! I only knew my one line, I didn't expect more dialog.

Nick to the rescue! Bowing, hands clasped,

"Yes, ông Phuong! We his brothers offer gifts, to prove our family support for Gregory, for Jillian."

She takes a box from an uncle, bottles of some Vietnamese liquor, carries it to Khang who meets her between. A little bow, hand it over, Khang taking the box to Phuong, presenting it.

He turns his head, looked briefly at the box, nods.

Khang hands it off to the first Auntie, who took it to the table, sat it front and center.

Nick had returned, selected another uncle who carried his gift forward, met Khang, repeated the ritual, handed to the next Auntie.

Mr. Pham, pushed by a 'brother' who's smiling, glad to be selected for the honor; mushrooms handed over, gravely thanked by Khang this time. Presented and accepted.

And so it went, each gift brought, presented, accepted and laid out on display. The heavy ones Billie carries for Auntie, placed where Auntie indicates.

The potted trees went last - Tito carried his forward, met Khang. She refused to take it - the potting soil was unruly, she didn't want to soil her hands, her outfit.

Beckoned imperiously, had him carry it forward, hold it so Khang could present it, get the nod from Phuong.

And Tito took it to the table, put it where it needed to be for Auntie.

And that was it!

Or was it? Aunties were conferring, examining the table, shaking their heads.

Khang looks too interested; Billie leaves the group, over to Khang, whispers in her ear.

Khang is grinning evilly, comes out to the middle, strikes a pose.

"The gifts are not correct! An even number; very unlucky!"

She left that there, hanging in the air. Nick scanned the crowd; not a single gift remaining, everyone holding out their hands, shaking their heads, sorry!

What to do! I stood, confused, mind blank, mouth open, unsure. Should we take one back? Run to the store? I turned in circles, looking for a solution.

Tito put a hand on my shoulder, wait. Takes off his gold chain, his red handkerchief. Folds the chain in it, tied in a bundle, hands it to me.

Oh Tito! I could kiss him. He smiles, a real smile this time, turns me toward Khang, gives me a little shove.

Wobbly, gotta remember not to lock my knees when standing so long, I stumble forward, hand the tiny bundle over. Khang gives me a wicked smile, oh so glad to have made my day a little more terrifying.

Takes the gold to Phuong, unwrapped. Gets a smile, Ông Ngoại really pleased at this one, a nod.

And that was that! Turning to my 'brothers' I bow, smile weakly, get a sympathetic laugh from the crowd.

Aunties confer, are satisfied, send Billie to tell Khang who tells Phuong. Who turns to the door, holds out a hand.

And she steps out.

In retrospect I should have expected something like this, my Jillian decked out in a scarlet dress I've never seen, a Khang Original. Hair done up simply yet elegantly, face gently tinted with blush and mascara, looking young and fresh yet fully serious, deadly serious, entirely in command of herself.

But somehow it's a shock, like a bucket of water dashed over my whole body, making me try to draw breath but I fail somehow, frozen in place.

The brothers don't do much better, their collective indrawn breath like a sudden wind in the trees.

And they only see the half of it.

Khang has done her magic, using her entire store of skill and inspiration to create this dress, it's almost a crime to call it a dress, it's a costume, a second skin, a royal regalia. Jillian looking like a Woman of Substance, here to be seen, here to take command of her life, of me.

And underneath that, where only I can see, Khang has created a layer beneath the dress, a part of it but like a second skin, a lining. Outlining her not-quite-prominent belly, her full breast, the curve of her hip. A Seer-dress, made for my kind, while everyone else admires her beauty I can lust after her body in secret, vividly presented to me as my fertile willing wife, all for me.

Khang has been studying my face, relaxes, smiles that wicked smile, certain her efforts were successful. I'm completely discombobulated, a drooling idiot, stiff in my pants. She even got that right, room for me to expand down the leg and not be completely obvious.

Jillian's turned to Phuong, to say 'goodbye', not forever or even really leaving his house, just moving her center from his house to mine, ours, an important moment.

She bows her head, says something that only they can hear. He is moved, kisses her on the forehead, tears falling freely.

Smiles and nods all around; this is right, this is correct, Phuong is a correct grandfather, Jillian a correct granddaughter, all is right with the world.

Phuong hands her off to Khang, who takes her by one hand to lead her to me. But Jillian is having none of it, stops Khang, turns her around, surprised. Does her whole-body go-to family move, hugs her like she never plans to let go.

Now Khang had intended to stay cool throughout, she had told me, it's all just a ceremony, she'd play her part, perform, no problem.

And she tried; she petted Jillian, returned the hug, smiling, the Big Sister comforting the Little Sister, shh! you have to go!

Until, with a surprised look, it got behind her armor somehow, hit her where she was soft, Jillian was leaving to make her own family and Khang was losing something, something important, things were changing, now, forever.

And without intention her shoulders heaved, her breath burst out with a moan, sobbing, still a surprised look but gasping, bawling so even I could hear, the whole crowd must have heard.

Khang was crying!

Anyone there who had suspicions that this sister-thing was just a show, that they were pretending, just a curious game that Khang and Jillian chose to play, those suspicions melted like snow in spring. These two were truly sisters, meant to be Family, there was no doubt, could be no doubt now.

Khang untangled herself, still heaving, took Jillian's hand, led her to me, bawling like a good Big Sister should, giving herself up to it now, letting her tears fall, stain her fabulous gown.

Stood her before me, put Jillian's hand in mine, turned with an effort and returned to Phuong. Stood by him, leaning on him, both of them smiling and being brave.