Yes Does Not Mean Permission

Story Info
When a wife chooses wrong.
5.3k words
3.84
46.2k
55
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Toby_dog
Toby_dog
366 Followers

Yes does not mean permission!

All characters in this story are fictitious.

Any similarity to persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

No one under the age of 21 engaged in any sexual activity. Whether implicitly or explicitly.

No animals were harmed in the writing of this story.

I do, though, try to incorporate real life and current events. After all, aren't these stories suppose to portray real life?

Edited by Grammarly

**************

My name is Dan Baker. I am the proud owner of an electrical contracting business for the past 12 years. Our usual work day is from 6 am to 2 pm during the summer due to the extreme heat. Such as it is today, I had my crew stay over to 5 pm to finish this one house. It is the last of the 4 model homes.

After my crew has left for the day, I am taking a final walk through. After noting that everything is finished, I am finally able to leave for the day and the end of a very exhausting week. Now the house can go through a final inspection.

As I exit the house, the full blast of the afternoon heat hits me square in the face. As I start the more than 100-yard walk to the General Contractor's trailer, my shirt becomes soaked with sweat. I feel like a steak being cooked on a grill.

In an attempt to take my mind off the heat, I begin to think of the weekend ahead with my wife and being able to enjoy a cold beer this evening.

As I sit at the sub-contractor's desk in the General Contractor's office, I finish the usual never ending paperwork on this last house. The air conditioning leaves little relief from the oppressive heat outside.

After baking in this office, I finally sign the last of the forms for completing the electrical work, then put the whole stack in a folder and put it on his desk. I release a sigh of relief.

For when this house passes, I will be able to receive the final payment for this house. Additionally, my crew and I can now enjoy a weekend off, and I can put this truck in the shop to fix the AC.

On Monday, we will start on the first three houses of the first phase for this subdivision of over 1200 homes to do the rough-in wiring. Then the other crews, such as drywall and painting, can do their jobs. Afterwards, we will return to install all fixtures and lights when their jobs are finished.

In the meantime, we, in turn, will begin to start on any homes that have the framing complete and the roof is on. Thanks to my crew's work ethic, we are currently a week ahead of schedule. I have four employees. My foreman John and Bob are my licensed electricians, and Mike and Luis are my helpers.

Luis is a master when it comes to the Ditch Witch. He can have the ditch dug, pipe glued and in the ground to the outside panel and meter box and ready for wire; along with the trench covered by lunchtime.

Mike will have the home runs started for each circuit to the inside panels during that time. Then Luis will assist Mike with any remaining circuits. They will have all circuits completed by the end of the second day.

Bob will have the inside panels wired and labeled by the end of the second day. John and I will do the interior wiring. Together, we will have a house done in less than five days.

Then at the rate that we are getting our work done, we will be even further ahead of schedule. Providing the framing crews are doing their job. That makes the general contractor very happy, so he will likely choose me first for any new jobs, making my bank account very happy.

As I step out of the office, the full force of this body melting heat hits me again. The only thing on my mind now is to get home, take a nice cool shower, and have my first-weekend beer.

I burn my hand when I grab the door handle of my truck--a few words you are not to say in the presence of a lady spew from my mouth. The oven quality heat hits me in the face after opening the door. I open all of the windows. After sitting behind the wheel, the very bright sun caused me to shield my eyes.

I start the truck, and the radio begins to play. "The time is 6 pm. The temperature is 102 on this hot and sweaty Friday afternoon." The DJ announces.

"You got that right," I grumbled back at the radio while I began my drive home after a long, hot, sweaty day.

As I deal with the evening traffic, the hot air blows through the open windows. That's thanks to the fact that the AC died last week. I have not had the time to take the truck in to be fixed since I have been working six days a week, for the past two months.

At 6:55 pm, after a very sweaty nearly-an-hour drive, I pull into my driveway. Walking through the garage, I take a seat in the mud room and remove my work boots before entering the house. As I put my briefcase in the office, I hear my wife upstairs.

************

It all started some six and a half years ago.

The sky was dark and gloomy on this Christmas day morning. Light snow continued to fall--leftover from the snowstorm during the day yesterday. At least it is a white Christmas.

Since I only live a couple of streets over I am walking to my brother's house for our usual family Christmas festivities. A total of 16" has already accumulated overnight. Plenty to build a snowman or two.

I am carrying a bag that contains presents for my niece and nephew. My sister-in-law, Megan, hinted that she had a surprise for me. Most likely it is with another girlfriend of hers. Just what I need for her to try to set me up with another friend who can't get a boyfriend of her own.

I arrived a little after 8 am. When I get to my brother's house, I saw that nobody has yet bothered to shovel the walkway. The snow was so deep, that I had to push it away with my feet in order to fully open the storm door.

Walking through the door, I am mobbed by the children and then greeted by the rest of the family. I gave the children their presents and they ran into the livingroom room to open them.

Our parents only live next door. Even though their trek was easy, I admonished my brother for not clearing the sidewalk for our parents.

Mom was in the kitchen, so I went there to say hello and to get a cup of coffee. "Merry Christmas, mom." I kiss her on her cheek. "Merry Christmas, son. Could you please take that small pot of coffee and put it in the urn?"

I pour myself a cup, then as the good son that I am, I do as she requested. Then I start another pot without being told. There will be plenty of coffee needed today.

"Did you do all of the cooking?" I asked a little disturbed at the thought that my sister-in-law would not have helped out.

"No. The girls did all of the heavy cooking yesterday." Mom said. "Then they helped this morning with the rest."

We will first all sit down to have breakfast with the whole family. Then the adults will open their presents. The children had already opened theirs first thing this morning. The first mess from their wrapping paper has been cleared away, so the children could go off and play with their new toys.

Then the adults can open theirs and receive the usual sweaters, socks, and underwear presents. Plus, there is the regular gag gift of some sex item given to some unsuspecting person.

After returning to the living room, coffee in hand, I see that Megan and another woman are talking by the tree. I watched as they both walked up to me. As I had figured, Megan had a friend from college there. "Dan, this is my girlfriend, Mary. Mary, this is my brother-in-law Dan."

Mary and I shook hands. I grunted a greeting. Then I turned away, sipping my coffee ignoring her. My brother gives me a dirty look. I just give him the finger. Mom just shook her head. I heard Megan sigh in frustration. She knew of my dislike of being set up.

Just then, Mom said that breakfast was ready. Megan made sure that I sat next to Mary. She was not giving up.

The table has pancakes, bacon, sausage, fried chicken, biscuits, and assorted side dishes. Apparently mom had cooked up a storm between yesterday and today. All done with the assistance of the other women.

The standard 30-cup urn of coffee was on the sideboard. I poured the fresh pot into it, but not before refreshing my cup. Then started another pot.

All during the meal, Megan kept prodding me with questions about myself. All in an effort so that I would engage Mary in conversation. I had a hard time keeping my temper. I kept my answers short, usually one or two words.

Mom would look at us and shake her head. She knows I don't particularly appreciate it when someone tries to think for me.

After eating, we went back into the livingroom to open presents. Megan made sure that she had Mary sit next to me again. The same scenario occurred during that time as when we were eating. I would have told her to shut up if this were not a family affair. Only not very nicely.

While the women cleaned up the dishes and the livingroom, my brother came over, grabbed my arm, and steered me into a bedroom. "Listen, bro, Megan has been on my ass about how you treat her girlfriend. I need to ask you to be a lot nicer to her." His grip on my arm told me that he was also not happy.

"I know you do not like it when someone sets you up with a girl. Just this once, please be a lot nicer to her." I saw the pleading in his eyes. I knew that Megan tried to run their house.

"Alright. I will swallow my pride and take Mary outside for a walk." I looked at him sincerely. "I need to get some air anyway." Either that or my head would explode.

We left the room, and I went over to Mary and asked her if she wanted to take a walk. Her face lit up, and she said that she would love to. After bundling up, we started down towards the park.

"I have to apology for my behavior," I said as soon as we started to walk. "You see, I hate someone thinking for me, and Megan knows that."

"I'm sorry as well," Mary said apologetically. "I was not initially fully aware of what Megan was trying to do." She said sincerely. "You see, I just recently broke up with my boyfriend. Also, my parents have passed away and I am an only child. So I didn't have any place to go for Christmas."

We walked silently for a bit, then she touched my arm and stopped. "How about we start over." I agreed.

"My name is Mary Jones." She stuck her hand out. I shook it while I said my name. "So Dan, tell me more about yourself," I had told her very little so far. I figured, what the hell? I might as well talk to her.

"I started working for a family friend as his electrical helper when I was 16." I figured to start sort of at the beginning. "This was during the summer between my sophomore and junior years in high school. I worked during the following summer as well. That was between my junior and senior year.

"When I graduated, he hired me full-time." I had to stop to help her get around a snowdrift. Holding her hand felt good. We stood there for a moment, looking into each other eyes.

"He put me through an apprentice program to become an electrician. Thanks to working for him over the summers, I completed it in about a year." Between dodging snow drifts and stopping from time to time to view, and talk about the Christmas lights, it was more than an hour before we had reached the park.

After reaching our destination, we just stood there admiring the wintry scenes. At times Mary pointed out various things to look at. It all looked like a winter wonderland. Since there was a foot of snow on everything, we eventually turned around and headed back to the house.

As we started to walk back to the house, I finished my story. "As soon as I graduated from that, I started to study for the Master Electrician exam. With his help, I passed that exam just after I turned 20." The sense of pride I felt by accomplishing that returned.

"I worked for him until I turned 23. He started talking about possibly then retiring, so I figured I would just start my own company. It took about a year to gain any real traction. I took any job that I could get." I remembered the difficulties I had faced.

"Then fate stepped in. My mentor needed help doing electrical contract work on a small subdivision. Then the rest, as they say, is history."

"That sounds like you were very fortunate," Mary said excitedly. "What will you be doing when the weather gets better?"

"My company has a contract to start doing the electrical work on a new subdivision." I stopped talking--no need to tell her more than I had to.

"That is wonderful." She said happily. "I wish you much success." She then started to talk about herself. Her degree is in business finance. She is currently working as a personal assistant to the CEO of a bank. Hoping to move into business loan origination.

Mary had told me all about herself by the time we reached the house again. She was by far the most attractive girl that I had met. Maybe my sister-in-law had something here. But I decided to keep it to myself. Let's see where things go naturally.

***************

Six months later:

Friday was the family 4th of July BBQ. I had my crew and their families there as well. All total we had close to 40 adults and children there. The usual food and fireworks were on the menu. The party lasted until close to midnight. Mom, Dad, Mary and myself stayed at the cabin that night.

I had come up to the cabin the day before and, using our lawn tractor, had mowed about an acre of grass to allow for the volleyball, badminton and horse shoe pits to be set-up. As well as, giving the children plenty of room to run around in.

The following Saturday evening, the day just after our 4th of July BBQ, We were back at the cabin again. Dad and I were sitting on the back deck of the cabin having a beer and enjoying a father/son bonding moment. When I became quiet for a few minutes, he asked what was troubling me.

Mary and I had been exclusive and dating for the last five months. It was time that I told my dad what was on my mind. I took a deep breath and just put it out there. "Dad, I am going to ask Mary to marry me," I said more confidently than I was.

"Son, I am very proud of you." I noticed that his eyes were misty. "You are entering into a crucial stage in your life. But you are entering a hazardous time as well."

"What do you mean hazardous?" I was a little confused.

"From the time you were a teenager, you worked hard to get to where you are today. You did that by yourself." He paused to give me time to reflect.

"You are getting ready to bring another person into that life." Again a pause. "Hopefully, for life. Your mother and I both love her as if she is our daughter. But if it is not, you must protect yourself with a prenup."

"You mean in case Mary cheats on me? I don't think that she will, Dad. She loves me." I protested.

"I know that, son, but everything is a 50/50 split in this State in a divorce." He stated emphatically. "Do you want her to get half of everything you worked so hard to obtain.?" That hit me. "You, in all likelihood, would need to sell the business."

"So, what do we do?" I asked.

"Monday, we will go to Mr. Anderson's office and have him draw up the prenup. Also, at the same time, I will sign over the deed to the cabin to you alone." I was shocked. "I need to do this so that it is part of what you bring into the marriage. Thus covered by the prenup."

"What about Bob." I asked. "Doesn't he want it?"

"Your brother has already told me that he does not want it." Dad explained.

Just then, mom and Mary came back outside. "What are you two talking about?" Mom asked.

"Just having a father/son bonding moment," Dad said. We toasted each other by tapping our beer bottles together.

When I returned to my house that evening, I called my foreman John and told him to run the crew Monday. I told him that I had an appointment with the family attorney that morning and would most likely not be on-site.

As I sat in front of the TV eating my dinner, the thought suddenly occurred to me that Megan had finally succeeded in setting me up. Now only time will tell if she was 100% correct that is if this relationship will last forever.

Monday at 9 am, I sat next to my dad in front of Mr. Anderson. His was typical of any law office. He already had a prenup drawn up and ready for signature. He handled all of my company business, so obtaining the information was easy.

Dad had the deed to the cabin, so we both signed the transfer over to me. I signed the prenup, and the signatures were notarized. Mr. Anderson took all the documents to have them recorded with the County Clerk. Dad and I thanked Mr. Anderson and left.

At 10 am, after meeting with the attorney, found Dad and I driving up to the cabin. Signed copies of the prenup and deed in my hands. We walked through the cabin with a critical eye for what needed repairing and what renovations I would want to do.

By five pm, we were returning home. My notepad had over ten pages of notes and measurements of things that I thought needed renovating.

The next day I called my supplier and ordered the initial supplies to rewire the cabin. Then went to the GC and arranged to have my crew take a week off when those supplies arrived. Since we were ahead of schedule, there would not be a problem.

The supplies arrived the following week. I took everything up to the cabin that weekend, then had my crew up there at the end of the day Friday. We started Saturday morning and went through all I had ordered that week.

During a break, Mike an Luis came up with the idea of getting a trailer to hold our supplies in when we get further away from the GC's area. "That is a very good idea. I will look into it next week." I told them. They all went home the following Sunday morning. I would finish the remaining work myself.

After that, I had my crew work five days a week for the rest of the year while I worked at the cabin every chance I could during the week and on weekends. I had also hired another helper to pick-up any slack.

The following Monday I found a 24' cargo trailer. I renovated the front of the trailer to form a V so that it would be more aerodynamic. Then I installed heavy white wire shelving to hold all of our fixtures on, as well as, a rack to hold the PVC pipes.

I also used the trailer to haul the cabinets and new appliances in when I started on the kitchen. I did a complete remodel of the kitchen, working there every weekend. I began on Friday afternoon then left for work on Monday morning.

When the job site shut down due to the winter-weather, I would move up here during that time.

The plan was to have the remodeling completed in time for the wedding. Then use it for our honeymoon. That plan fell through.

*************

My great-grandfather originally built a small 2 room cabin in the early 1910s. The cabin was used during hunting season. He had purchased 160 acres of a 960 acre farm. The farmer sold the land to prevent from going bankrupt.

The property could not be farmed due to the fact that it was too hilly. The economy at that time was so bad that the nation was getting ready to go into a depression.

During prohibition, my great-grandfather used the property to further increase his wealth through the making of liquid assets. He purchased the corn from the farmer. So when the stock market crash occurred in 1929, he was still OK.

After World War 2, Great-grandfather, Grandfather and my dad, built the current cabin. The log cabin is not some tiny one-room affair. It is two-story, with some 2000 square feet per floor. It was built into the side of a hill, with the top floor even with the top of the hill.

Many of the returning GI's were out of work, so getting workers was not an issue.

It was designed and built by an architect who built skyscrapers in New York. The walls for the bottom floor are a foot thick, with 36" diameter by 50 foot long log beams for the roof support.

Toby_dog
Toby_dog
366 Followers
12