All Comments on 'You Can't Do That! Ch. 03'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 236 Comments (Page 3)
DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

I forgot to say, notedmany comments re menopause. Not important. The menopause excuse was not in place the first time she fucked around and cheated, so is literally not a valid excuse or reason for repetioj of that same behavior later in life. Just shows she was self centered and never learned anything. Big hole in plot by cuck writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I read a few paragraphs and I then quit. Same old same old. Three stars.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

Reconciling with a long time spouse is understandable especially when your talking 20+ years. But personally if my ex-wife moved next door to me especially after the shit she pulled I would be out of there faster than a Pop Tart.

kirei8kirei8over 1 year ago

I love your writing style and most of your plots and endings. Why you wrote twin parts 1 and 2 escapes me but I know I did not like your ending of part 3. Sheila fucked him over at least twice in 32 years. He dumped her cheating ass, made a small fortune, and fucked a lot of women, and made Sheila jealous. Then fucked her best friend and made innuendos about a threesome. AND!!!! Unlike your style, you left it unfinished.

RamazaRamazaover 1 year ago

I really like your writing and gave 4 stars for that, but the story in general leaves me feeling sad for all of them, so much time wasted on therapy and counselling and she still couldn’t move on, more like stalking him for no good reason, it’s just 😞

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

There's lots of nice homes in the mountains on lakes all over the country. Shoot Minnesota's got 10,000 lakes...

If my lying, cheating psycho ex-wife (and I got one of those) built a house right across from mine on a lake I retired to get away from her? And I had millions in the bank?

Well...I certainly wouldn't put my dick anywhere near her skanky holes. And there'd be a for sale sign on my house the next day.

The author did an excellent job in his description of this character...this bitch is certifiable.

Nobody in their right mind is going to let this person back into their life...let alone into their bed or share ANY intimacy.

I like this author's work. But I'm not buying what he's selling in this story. I couldn't give the last two parts of this story more than 2 stars each.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

At last another story with an ending. I can’t think of anything wrong with this ending except, but for some reason I can’t like it.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The role money played in this story is food for thought. He stumbles into a second career as an author, and it proves to be highly profitable. To the good, his wealth allows him to support his grand-daughter and provide for her education. Otherwise, the money serves only to encourage the worst personality traits of both former spouses. He uses the money to essentially bully her into agreeing to a divorce under terms that made it clear he was prospering in life without her. She in turn uses her share of the bounty to stalk and ambush him as a new neighbor. Then they both use their respective resources to play passive-aggressive games with each other, sometimes involving third parties with little concern for the resulting impact on their pawns. They would have been better off poor.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

2nd time reading this. thought part 1 was very good, interesting. parts 2 and 3 were just way too long, could have said all that was needed in just 3 or 4 pages.

Cracker270Cracker270about 1 year ago

Well written story. A reread for me and I likely will be back. I really enjoy this writers work. While there is nothing wrong with the way the story line played out it was a little off for me. Thank you for you work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Really a lame ending, coincides with the rating on this part.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Thanks Q! I doubt I will ever tire of reading your tales!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

4 stars this time.

After reading that she had done the exact same thing early in, I can not conceive him not filing as soon as she went off to ‘find herself ‘ again. He was a true cuck.

Bill S.

RzcanuckRzcanuck11 months ago

I would've preferred another chapter following Roy. The change in the POV was disconcerting since the first two chapters were only one POV.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt11 months ago

Whatever naysayers are saying, it was a great read! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

So we discover that she only cheated twice, he took her back the first time and married him. So really it's on him. He knew what she was like and ignored it. We also, unfortunately didn't get a better view of his character. People might have liked him, he might have seemed selfless at times but he was still a bit of a nob.

We also found out that she may have been more innocent than it first seemed and that other things were in play that attributed to her behaviour. Still his grating attitude and borderline autistic personality can't have helped.

Definitely not your best story.

Medussa55Medussa559 months ago

Still a great story but rather like a bad detective novel too many last minute facts we couldn't have known introduced to make it credible and as for the last gasp introduction of Sabrina? Nah!

I commented after part 1 that I didn't know whose side I was on, I still don't, probably neither

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Fantastic story second time I’ve read this one and absolutely loved it as much as the first time.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Well written story. But, he knows what she's like and her track record. He's got to be a certified idiot to continue to associate with her.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

There's no doubt you can write a good story. But this felt like a lot of excuses for Shiela. I repeat myself from chapter two - why would he want to associate with Shiela at all and constantly be reminded of his failures? I know that the heart wants what it wants, but after you've been burned so blatantly there has to be a limit. Don't get me wrong - I enjoy your writing. But sometimes I feel you like RAAC's too much and that the women in those stories just don't deserve a second, third or fourth chance. Just saying.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief6 months ago

This author is one of my favorites, but I had to skip through this chapter because it just didn't sit right with me. I liked Roy up to the end of the last chapter when he turned back into the doormat he was for putting up with her cheating. Still think chapter one was five stars, the others not so much.

LegacybadLegacybad6 months ago

That was a good peak into Sheila's mind.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Very disappointed in this one.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Actually this was a well written chapter because it explained some things. Clearly isn't a RAAC because she will never get back what she had.

Also softened at least her first betrayal. She wasn't ready to get married but was too afraid to break their relationship of 4-5 years by bringing up her concerns. She went to cry on someone else's shoulder and vent buy was vulnerable to a predator doctor who got her drunk the first time and screwed her. She did it a second time seeing as she saw herself as a slut, and then developed some backbone realizing she wad being used. Doctor predator got pissed and derided her at work but then she threatened him with destruction of his reputation and he backed off. But damage was done. Word had got to the MC and she lost him for two years.

We also learn she never strayed the other 32 years until after she moved out, effectively separating with the MC. However, why she didnthat comes off as hollow. Minor OCD doesn't explain that need to.conyrol or power play in their relationship. I have family with OCD. They can be vexing at times or annoying buy they don't pull that crap. What was described was more of some sort of minor latest BPD or NPD. Except wouldn't surface when she is almost 60. Balderdash. Also again at her age menopause is over. Yeah she might ache, be irritable and have a lower libido but not this convoluted scheme to get a condo in secret and move out, planning six weeks before she disappeared. Wtf?

One important clarification is she did not cheat until well after she moved out. She got into that cycle again where she got upset (this time due to phone calls with her hubby, thiugh he did nothing wrong) and vented again to a player doctor. She apparently screwed him for several weeks, getting caught by the PI. After the filing, she broke it off contemptuously.

She didn't even do it for the sex which she said was poor compared to her hsuband. She did it thinking she was getting back at her hsuband and getting control. Huh? She has mental issues no doubt. But menopause and minor OCD and blood pressure problems don't explain her second betrayal (while bad was not as nefarious as it appeared in first chapter), which was a marriage killer because of her first f$ckup 34 years prior and his stern warning of no more chances. Also the idea that neither she nor the doctor ever worried about PIs is laughable. How stupid! A separation immediately brings possible adultery to the forefront of any husband's mind, regardless of her original motivation and psychobabble. She was dumb. Same pattern. Upset, vent, gets seduced, poor to mediocre sex (this time for weeks vs two times). Her original reasoning was just stupid but again she didn't cheat until after he filed for separation and he wanted her on the phone and they argued. So like a month to six weeks after she vanished. Still dumb.

In the end yeah she is a FWB competing with other elderly cougars, but she lost so much, and deservedly because she broke trust and cheated the second time. And oh Sabrina showing up at the end as a new part of his cougar rotation was silly, but whatever.

In the end it was just sad. Didn't have to happen. They overcame the first breakup. But the second was DOA, and she had mental issues that drove her to leave and then after fighting on the phone, being served, him stonewalling her and telling her his ultimatum, she fell back into old patterns and did exactly opposite of what she should have. Nuking their long marriage. Again just sad.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

My opinion. He should have burnt her to the ground. If you betray me, run. She did TWICE. I fail to understand why she's still breathing.

cruzer1955cruzer19554 months ago

how very sad. He did, in fact take her back. I was amused by all the silly and superfluous rationalizations for agreeing to be a cuckold. Hormones and OCD or some such nonsense. in the end she hung the horns on him, and he allowed it. BTW, I got it on the first installment. The MC is just a pansy. Sorry man, but you write too good for this.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Even at my age I can remember those teenage drinking experiences, downing them so fast you miss the stop signs. Boones Farm, I got queasy just reading about it!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great start to the storyline. Chapter 2 was...less. Chapter 3 was even farther less.

Roy got walked on, from the moment he met Sheila. When they met, Sheila had ocd with controlling issues, even using sex as a control. The red flags were there. However, as evidenced in the storyline, the OCD progressed into a CONTROLLING BEHAVIOR. Far worse. Note that she rented the condo, just to maintain control over him.

Then, after YEARS with her, now you bring in stockholm syndrome, where Roy gets used to it, rebelling in his own ways by the crafting and writing, until he snaps. After years of it, he is used to the controlling from her. Red flags were there, EN MASSE, and the sirens were sounding, LOUDLY. When in fact, ANY therapist would tell him to RUN. RUN FAR FAR AWAY. She was TOXIC. Note, Roy DID go to a therapist....

But, the writer has to progress the storyline.....

Another story that jumped the shark. Disappointing.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Pretty much a repeat of Chapter Two, from a different POV It added very little. Three stars. The overall tale, three chapters, add up to about four stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I just found my comment from 10 months ago & find it to still be spot on.

Bill S.

AmbivalenceAmbivalence3 months ago

When I finally understood he was gone, not just moving, I finally realized what I had lost.

.

Only *then* did she realize what she'd lost? Ok, it said he was *really* smart but it didn't say she was *really* stupid... but, then again...?

Even if he was 'just' moving, he was *still* done with her.

Calico75Calico752 months ago

I loved the firdt chapter, but not the next two. Just not interesting IMO. And I do not like reconcilliations that don't make sense.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

why hate? if ur done be done and move on and enjoy life. and if she still pretty or hot then do her if she wants.

sjmbsrfsjmbsrf21 days ago

Great series with a strong storyline, very entertaining. The first and second chapters were provocative enough to raise the hackles at Sheila and the third was a very good explanation from her perspective, sufficiently persuasive to make their coexistence plausible while not stretching credulity with a full reconciliation. The characters were also very believable and the strong dialogue helped to keep the plot credible while still raising the blood pressure at Sheila's sometimes outrageous behaviour. Many thanks qhml1 :-)

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades19 days ago

Thanks for your writing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES