Yuletide Hearths Pt. 01

Story Info
Rubina learns of a prophesy. Pryanna tangles with a goddess.
6.8k words
4.5
2.9k
2
0

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 12/13/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Kbjade
Kbjade
11 Followers

Welcome back to Holinite Village! Our story began back in October with All Hallows' Eve Masquerade , so if you haven't read that, go back and check it out first! This is part one of three of Yuletide Hearths.

**

There was a mouth nibbling at her neck as Rubina shook the bones again and scattered them on the table. The fire in the hearth was dying, and the chill was seeping in. Most nights, the company of the three men she loved was enough to keep her warm, especially when their bodies were pressed up against hers. The past few weeks had been the happiest of her life, but now the bones were warning her that it might all be taken away again.

The only problem was that the bones weren't being specific enough. All she knew was that Slyvern and Pryanna were at the center.

And Slyvern was not cooperating.

"Come to bed, little witch," Dashiel whispered huskily as he moved his hands down her body. As always, her skin warmed under his touch and her pussy ached.

"Not yet," she murmured despite the sweet temptation that he offered her. "I want to try one more thing tonight."

As she reached to collect the bones, her chair moved suddenly, and she found herself facing him. The slave demon was on his knees in front of her, but it wasn't desire in his eyes.

It was concern.

"Day after day, night after night. you stare at those bones and hunch over ancient texts. Ever since Cecily and Althena's last visit. My brothers and I have been quiet, my love, but you are hiding something from us, and we wish to know what it is."

Frustrated, Rubina tucked a strand of her silver-blonde hair behind her ear and looked up. Dagon and Damien were filling doorway of her bed chamber with somber expressions on their face.

These three men held her heart. First, the brothers had been her guards when she was the chosen maiden in the bed of the dragon god. They kept her company when he was gone, cheered her up, stole her heart, and when she'd come into her magic, they risked their lives for one passionate night together.

Furious, Slyvern had enslaved them, separating the brothers into a pocket realm so she could never touch them again. Now that the dragon had a new potential mate, he'd freed them until spring.

They would want more, but they might not even have that. She could no longer hide her fears.

"The last time Cecily was here, she made a strange comment about the man Pryanna let spend the night in the past. She and Althena both believe her to be too pragmatic to bed the stranger, but they thought the occurrence was unusual." She gave the brothers a meaningful look. "The only other thin unusual Pryanna seems to have done other than allow herself to be kidnapped by a god.

Dagon smirked. He'd been the one who sensed that Pryanna wasn't a maiden. It only bothered her because Slyvern only took virgins. She feared what would happen when the dragon god found out, and when Cecily and Athena had come one night to demand to know where their friend had gone, Rubina had told them everything.

Since then, Cecily and Althena had returned weekly to see if she'd heard anything, and Rubina had grown fond of the women.

She'd learned all kinds of things about Pryanna and hoped she would not lose herself to the dragon. It was obvious that she had people who still cared for her.

"Does it matter?" Dashiel asked.

"No. What's done is done. I wasn't even going to ask the other women about it. Slyvern might accept it, or he might not, but he wouldn't hurt her because of it, but he would discard her." Like he did all the others when he was done. "But when Cecily mentioned a stranger Pryanna took in one night, she had some rather salient details. A handsome and mysterious stranger they never saw again. A tattooed stranger."

Instantly, the men straightened, and Damien looked at the mark on his chest.

"I had the feeling that Cecily recognized the mark when she saw it on me. You think Slyvern has another slave?"

"Althena also remembered the mark. It was gold."

Everyone in the room knew what that meant. Slyvern had a gold mark, but it wouldn't be him. He never took women out of turn like that, but he wasn't the only one who wore the gold tattoo.

It was the mark of a god.

"You think another god seduced Pryanna that night. Why? What is so special about her?" Damien asked.

Rubina looked at Dagon. "Did you sense anything when you were with her?" Her voice didn't shake which pleased her. She was still jealous that part of the brother's punishment was to sleep with other women. At least their spirits. The first time Cecily and Althea had been here, with their men, it had been awkward, but the brothers didn't look at them in that way, and her jealousy soon abated.

"I sensed that she wasn't mine to have," Dagon said simply, "and I knew it was useless to try. She wouldn't have me, but if the others could sense that she was meant for another god, it might attract their curiosity."

"More than curiosity, it would seem," Rubina pointed out. "If another god took her knowing she belonged to Slyvern..."

"It's a declaration of war," Damien finished grimly. "You've been looking into the future. What does it tell you?"

"The bones tell me that Pryanna must connect with him by Yuletide, or he won't be able to stop what happens."

"What will happen?"

Turning. Rubina stared at her bones. "The complete destruction of all the villages that belong to the mountains, including Holinite."

***

There was a basket of fruits and vegetables outside the mouth of the cave.

Despite her current mood, Pryanna smiled a little as she picked up the basket and brought it inside. Every morning, for five weeks, a present appeared outside. All gifts from Slyvern to try and make her happy. Some of the items were of mind-boggling value, gold and jewels meant to impress the wealthy.

There were beautiful silk dresses that fit her perfectly and luxury items of comfort. The cave, primitive and ominous on the outside was actually lavishly furnished on the inside with beautifully carved wood furniture and plump cushions. Large enough to fit a whole family of dragons, Pryanna often felt small and lost inside.

Strangely enough, although the place was clearly Slyvern's dwelling, he hadn't slept there once. Oh, he spent many hours of the day there, napping and cautiously watching her, but where he went at night, she had no idea.

It was a relief, though. It was disconcerting enough to have a god watching her during the day. At least with him gone at night, she could sleep without fearing what he would do to her body.

He confounded her. Yesterday, he'd brought her a gold necklace so bejeweled it would have pulled her down had she dared to wear it, and she lost her temper. She could not be bought. If he really wanted to please her, he'd bring her some fresh fruits and vegetables for he only fed her meat and bread and cheese.

He'd looked mildly surprised but hadn't been angry that she'd rejected his gift. Instead, he'd just stretched his wings and flown away in the night.

It was a guilty pleasure to watch him shift. His beautiful winged form reflected the moon and shimmered in incredible purples, blues, and greens. He never openly showed her his dragon form, and she never asked even though she would have loved to examine him.

In fact, if she could help it, she tried to ask very little of him. She didn't want to be beholden to him. Without any ties, she could leave with less complications.

She missed her friends. Cecily. Althena. What she wouldn't give for just a glimpse of their lives. Had they found their loves? Were they happy?

A strange sound drew her attention from her sorrow, and she turned to the entrance. Slyvern's wings often gave him away, but this was a different sound.

Who was foolish enough to visit the cave of a god?

"Don't be afraid, little puss," a sweet voice called out before a lovely raven-haired beauty walked in. Her dark skin was flawless and her shimmering violet eyes other-worldly. Tall and slender, she moved with a smooth grace as if she was gliding through water.

She was no human.

"You're not the prettiest." the creature said as she openly appraised Pryanna with contempt. "I really don't know what he sees in you human females."

Pryanna curled her lip. So another had come to judge her. If there was one strange creature like Slyvern in the mountains, then she should have suspected there were others and they might come calling. "I cannot speak for the others, but at least I don't march uninvited into someone else's dwelling and openly insult their guests."

Violet eyes flashed gold for just a moment. "Most of them don't even speak, but you have a little fire in you. You should be careful in the company of a goddess. I could unleash a a storm in here and kill you with a single gust of wind. Or perhaps l'll drown you instead. I wonder if he'll mourn you when the last time he sees you, you'll be water-logged and grotesquely bloated."

Pryanna ignored the fear that sparked inside her. The goddess might want her dead, but she wanted to satisfy her curiosity first. Slyvern would return any minute.

Although he might not lift a claw to help her.

"I doubt he'll miss me no matter what," she told her honestly.

The goddess chuckled. "So you're not entertaining delusions that he might love you and keep you. That's good. Most of them quiver in fear until he tucks them away, and they equate love with lust. The local villages are far more pragmatic when it comes to sex, but other places try to control pleasure by shaming casual sex. It lures people to equate good sex with love, and Slyvern is very good. The only other one who didn't lose her head was the one who allowed another in her bed. Three others." Her eyes flashed. "I wonder what happened to her. She had promise."

Pryanna stiffened. She would not give the goddess the satisfaction of asking questions, but the woman could see her curiosity and leaned into it with eyes glittering maliciously. "I have no doubt he killed her. Slyvern wouldn't dare touched one who'd been taken by another."

Horror bloomed inside of her. Did she know that Pryanna was no maiden?

"Actually," Slyvern interrupted coldly as he walked into the cave, his wings folding against his body and the last of his scales disappearing, "Rubina happens to still be alive, after all these years, and is no doubt enjoying her three men as we speak."

Squelching the urge to run to him, Pryanna instead enjoyed watching the goddess press her lips together in annoyance.

"Slyvern, "she greeted, her voice suddenly husky and seductive. "I had no idea you were nearby."

"Clearly, or you wouldn't be in my dwelling, Lucinda," he said as he stepped in front of Pryanna. Was he protecting her?

Lucinda shrugged. "I heard a scream. I know how you feel about the humans. I wouldn't want one to get hurt in your territory. I had no idea she was your female. I'm happy to report that she is not harmed."

Outraged, Pryanna opened her mouth to call the goddess out on her lie when she suddenly felt pressure at her throat.

It wasn't choking her but a request for her silence.

Slyvern? How could he be touching her when he was clearly out of reach?

"What are you doing in my territory?"

"Checking on you, of course! No one has heard from you in ages, and l've missed you," Lucinda pouted. "Baron thinks we should have a summit soon, but I wanted to check on you before then."

"Baron is awake?"

"For the last couple of years." She glided forward, placed her hands on his chest, and angled her head up for a kiss.

It was show for her benefit, and Pryanna was annoyed at the tightening of her gut when Slyvern complied with a brief kiss. "I, of course, will be there for the summit. In the meantime, there is no need to check on me. I am fine."

"Are you dismissing me?" Lucinda demanded.

"Yes. As it happens, I have something planned for the human." Pryanna flinched, but neither were paying any attention to her.

Instead, Lucinda squealed. "Oh, are you going to play with her? You must let me join. You know how I love to play!"

Slyvern set her firmly aside. "The next time you want to check on me, send a message."

The goddess pouted but blew Pryanna a kiss before she disappeared in a gust of wind that knocked Pryanna into the stone behind her. Pain bloomed through her shoulders, and she fell into a heap on the floor.

If this was just a dusting of the goddess's powers, it was a good thing he'd arrived when he did.

Instantly, he was there, helping her to her feet. "Are you injured?" he asked quietly.

"Oh, now I'm allowed to speak."

"Gods live by a separate set of rules. Had you called her a liar, she would have reduced you to dust."

Annoyed, Pryanna pushed him away. "How was I supposed to know that?"

"This was my mistake," he allowed as he backed away." The neighboring gods have not bothered me for nearly a century now. I am not as social as they are. I do not know why Lucinda was here now."

"The sexy pouty lips and the kiss wasn't enough of an indication?" she asked dryly before she realized that it made her sound jealous and flushed, but it was too late. He was already smirking. "How many gods are nearby?"

No one had seen a god for centuries, and even then, it was only a myth that they had once mingled with humans. It was still difficult to believe that these beings existed even though she'd been living with one for weeks.

"It depends on what you mean," he said as he walked to the entrance. "There are a dozen that meet every so often, but we stay hundreds of miles away. When gods live too close together, chaos ensues. I will get the witch to ward the entrance so Lucinda cannot enter again."

Rubina. A past lover. It made her previous warning all that more dire. "You enslaved her lovers."

When he turned, there was fire in his eyes. "They broke their vows to me. I spared them when I could have killed them. As it is, I have given them a reprieve from service to happily fuck the winter away." His gaze fell to the basket. "You liked my gift."

"How do you know that?"

"I felt your smile before your panic."

Felt her smile? "What does that mean," she whispered.

"Regrettably, I leave you for long periods of time. I need to know when you're in danger. There is magic in the dwelling that lets me know if you're safe. I can sense your emotions. You're irritation and sadness." He smiled wickedly. "Your desire."

"That is not for you! "she said instantly.

The grin vanished. "Then for whom do you burn, Princess," he growled.

The air heated dangerously as it always did when he couldn't control his emotions.

"I have asked you not to call me that, and a woman doesn't always need another to feel desire," she snapped before she decided it was best to change the subject. "I was pleased with your gift this morning, thank you."

The air cooled, and he relaxed. "If there is anything else you require, all you need to do is ask."

What Pryanna wanted was her friends. It was close to Yule, and the idea of spending it isolated on this mountain alone filled her with despair, but she didn't dare ask. If he knew how much her friends meant to her, he might use them against her.

"Are you ready to sleep?" she asked abruptly.

Slyvern seemed to be a nocturnal creature although he only slept for a few hours.

"Wards first." With that, he disappeared in a puff of smoke and left Pryanna wondering just what he was thinking.

***

The witch was less than thrilled when Slyvern plucked her from her bed and flew her naked to his lair. Pryanna took one look at her, offered her a frock, and glared at him. "You couldn't even let her get dressed first?"

"This is important," he growled. How could she not see that? She was nothing more than a fragile human. Lucinda could have broken her in half with a snap of her fingers.

The wards needed to be in place immediately.

"Unless you expect another god to visit in the next five minutes, you could have let her dress."

"He could have let me finish, too," Rubina muttered. "Never mind. The sooner I do this, the sooner I return. Which god are you worried about?"

"All of them."

Rubina's eyes widened slightly. "Slyvern, I can't ward your lair against all gods. You don't share blood or powers. I can ward it against bodies that change shape, like you, and Pryanna, just say the word and l'll be happy to do that. Or I can ward it against gods connected to the water elements, but there are no wards against gods in general."

"Figure it out," he hissed, feeling the fire rise up inside him. "Lucinda was in here alone with Pryanna."

At first, it looked like the witch wasn't paying any attention to him. She stared at Pryanna and then whipped her head around. "You mated with her, " she whispered, stricken. "You mated with a human. How is that even possible? "

Slyvern didn't know, and he certainly didn't want to tell her that. The mating bond had snapped into place as soon as he saw Pryanna for the first time, and it had nearly chilled the fire in him. The very idea that she didn't seem to feel it filled him with dream, and he moved cautiously around her.

She was his dragon's mate. A human. Mated to a god.

He'd been spending his days traveling as fast as he could to see the old oracles and soothsayers and library keepers for an answer. Gods didn't mate with humans, and then certainly didn't mate instantly. The bonds lasted even beyond death, and they sometimes took centuries to build.

His mate wouldn't even live to see the next century.

"Set up wards for the local gods, starting with Lucinda. I want a ward against humans too so they can't use their pets to get in.'"

Rubina bristled, but it was the jerk of his mating bond that caught his attention. Clearly Pryanna didn't like that." You know what I mean," he sighed.

"You haven't marked her." the witch reminded him. "She wont be able to go anywhere alone."

And that was just fine with him, but he knew it wouldn't make Pryanna very happy. Ignoring the amused look on Rubina's face, the witch was far too entertained by this, he crossed the lair toward Pryanna. She stood her ground, but there was fear in her eyes. Normally, he marked all the maidens he brought here immediately. It kept the other predators in the mountains away, but most of them had moved from his territory, and he hadn't wanted to cause her any pain. Not when she still looked at him with such distrust.

"This will hurt," he told her. "But it will not last long. It is necessary. Once marked, I will be able to find you anywhere if you are lost or in trouble. "

"What?" Her eyes widened. "How long will it last? What about when I leave?"

Leave. The thought of it stole his breath. "I can remove it," he muttered darkly. "Just breathe through it."

Normally, he marked the women on their shoulder, but Pryanna would hate for the mark to be seen even if he wanted the world to know that she belonged to him. Instead, he knelt by her feet and lifted her skirts.

Placing his hand on her thigh, he focused.

The mark was different for every god but instantly felt. Any god who looked at the three brothers would know they were his slaves. Because his power came from the crust of the earth, the mark came from his fire.

As the flame began to sear her flesh, she gasped and shuddered, but it was not from pain. Jerking his head up, he hissed as their bond warmed.

Pleasure. His mate was finding nothing but pleasure from his mark.

Gritting his teeth, Slyvern tried to force his own desire down as he moved his hand away. The purple mark pulsed and brightened for a moment before it calmed.

"I...I don't know what I expected," she whispered. "I thought a mark meant...but you...did you just brand me?"

"Yes." Rising, he turned to the witch. "I am going to scout my territory to check for signs that other gods have reared. I will be back at noon to return you. Be done by then. You'll find everything you need here."

Kbjade
Kbjade
11 Followers
12