Sean McGhee Mysteries

A 27-part Story Series.

Series Info
Series cover
A big city cop becomes the police chief of a small North Carolina town
0
67.6k
217
242
80


Started: 10/26/2023

Updated: 04/09/2024

The author has completed this series.

Share this Series
Series Introduction

DEADLY WATERS

.

Boyd Thacker wasn’t the most popular man in Brunswick, North Carolina, but no one had a reason to kill him. Or so everyone thought. That was before his badly decomposed body was discovered floating in the city’s wastewater treatment plant.

.

Maggie Neese, the treatment plant manager, is at the top of everyone’s suspect list. Boyd had accused the city of polluting the waters of the Siouan River with the discharge from the plant, and he laid the blame squarely at Maggie’s feet.

.

Sean McGhee, divorced and looking for a change, left his position in the Boston Police Department to become Brunswick’s new chief of police. Only two weeks on the job, he was looking forward to dealing with nothing more serious than barking dogs, parking tickets, and the occasional drunken fight. Now the city was looking to him to solve the town’s first murder in years.

.

With too many suspects and not enough clues, Sean must navigate his way through small town politics as he struggles to uncover the secret of Boyd’s death. As the pieces of the puzzle slowly reveal themselves, he realizes there is more to Boyd Thacker’s death than a simple crime of passion.

.

With the aid of Maggie, Sean begins to piece together the events leading to Boyd’s death, and along the way discovers a long-held secret… a secret big enough to kill to protect.

.

.

.

.

.

FLASHOVER

.

After solving Brunswick, North Carolina’s, first murder in years, Police Chief Sean McGhee thought the worst was behind him. He’d proven himself and had been accepted into the town with open arms. Best of all, he’d cleared Maggie Neese, not only of murder, but of polluting the Siouan River as well. Now he was looking forward to nothing more complicated than dragging Brunswick’s police department out of the dark ages and into the computer age.

.

Mayor Rudy Klinger and property developer Wallace Barns have big plans for the long abandoned North State Textiles mill. With major new investment in Brunswick looming, Rudy’s plan to revive Brunswick and bring prosperity back to his town finally appears to be paying off. So much so Tilley, a nearby town hit hard when the manufacturing jobs left, wants to tie their fortunes to Brunswick’s in the hopes they can revive their town in the same way Brunswick did.

.

But someone has other ideas. Only weeks before construction is scheduled to begin, the buildings are heavily damaged by fire. With the much-needed investment hanging in the balance, and Sean’s department stretched thin trying to provide police protection for two towns, he struggles to determine who wants to stop the development, and why.

.

With no evidence, and unreliable testimony, Sean must use all his experience to see past the easy answer and discover the truth… or risk having not one, but two, towns futures destroyed.

.

.

.

.

.

BOOSTED

.

For Brunswick Police Chief Sean McGhee, life couldn’t be better. His department was slowly winning the war on crime in Tilley, his new pub, the Loch and Castle, was almost ready to open, and his relationship with Maggie Neese was becoming more meaningful by the day.

.

As the Loch and Castle prepares to open its doors for the first time, a new business moves into Tilley, a garage specializing in the repair of old British, Italian, German, and Swedish automobiles. With Loch and Castle, and now B.I.G.S. Automotive Repair, opening in Tilley, it appears the town is poised to put its bad reputation behind it and prosper.

.

While Sean at first welcomes B.I.G.S., delighted to have another business in Tilley, he soon notices odd behaviors with his business neighbor. Though B.I.G.S. initially appears above suspicion, the coincidences continued to mount, suggesting there’s more to B.I.G.S. than meets the eye.

.

Distracted by a theft at the Loch and Castle, and with nothing but his instincts telling him B.I.G.S. is more than an auto repair shop, Sean struggles to fit the seemingly random pieces of the puzzle together to stop a criminal activity that may have been going on for years.

.

With the clock ticking, Sean and his department race to recover his stolen property before it’s too late, while also attempting to uncover the mystery of B.I.G.S., and find the evidence needed to prove his suspicions correct… even if means jeopardizing Tilley’s future.

TABLE OF CONTENTS