Domestic Violence and Me

Story Info
Thoughts on my life and relationship.
797 words
9.7k
0
16
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is my confession. A confession of something that I would not tell anyone in my life about. My partner is abusive. I often doubt myself and wonder if perhaps he's not. Perhaps I am misinterpreting things. I think individuals discredit things when they actually happen to THEMSELF. I have caught myself thinking "Well it doesn't count if it's happening to me".

I shall give you some examples and you can decide for yourself:

- I was going to the shop without the kids so he hit me around the head and bent up my earrings, making my ear bleed.

- When I was 9 months pregnant he slowed the car down, pushed me out, and drove away.

- He pulled me into the house from the garden by my hair and then kicked me while I was crouched on the floor.

- He shouts at me. If I am trying to discuss something or bring something up for discussion that he does not want to, he shouts. Not just shouts, but REALLY shouts- so loud that it scares me.

-If I am in his way when he walks around the house, he pushes me aside roughly, or just carries on walking despite my presence.

- After a row, he will tell people all about it as if I'm not there. He tells people only his side of things, and rubbishes me as a fool.

- One day when I was eating my dinner he asked me to pass him something. I said no because I was eating and he wasn't, so he came over, lifted my dinner up and threw it on me.

- Yesterday he said something, to which I flippantly replied, "Don't be silly". He flew at me and was going to punch me but luckily I managed to move in time.

I am scared of him. I am scared of what he will do to me. I am scared of the physical pain he is able to cause me and I am scared of his temper when flips out and shouts so loud and smashes the house. I am scared when I go out, from small trips to the shop, to longer outings. I am scared because I know that if I am a little later than I said I would be, I have to listen to hours of him shouting at me, accusing me of anything and everything.

I am scared that my children will grow up to hate me because I am not brave enough to leave.

I should have read the signs earlier in the relationship. I should have known when he kept me up all night arguing about the exact words I'd used when I was on the phone to my friend. I was 18 when we got together and I suppose I didn't know any better. I just wanted to be with this big muscular hunk. He told me he had been violent to his previous wife and had been to prison. But I was young and he was sweet, so I believed he must have changed.

I long to have a relationship where I am not second best, but equal. He tells me that no-one would love me like he does. He tells me that things will never be any better because it's my fault and I'll never change. I have changed though. But he is always ahead of me. I'll use the analogy of 'black and white':

Earlier in our relationship he used to tell me black was white. I would disagree, so he would keep me up all night 'discussing' the finer points of why black was white.

In the end, I learnt to just agree. If he told me black was white, I would just nod along and agree.

BUT THEN he started changing the rules. He would tell me black was white and I would agree, but he'd reply that black was black- why would I say it wasn't, was I thick or something?!

So now I don't even know. I don't even remember what I think, what my opinion is. I just look at him for cues, trying to read in his expression or his voice, what is best to say.

I am 25. I do not believe I will ever be able to be with anyone else. Firstly because I don't think I will be brave enough to ever leave. Secondly because I wouldn't want to be- I would never get so close to anyone that they could hurt me so much again.

I am not the person I used to be. I don't know where she went, but now I am trapped in the life of someone I never thought I would be. But at least I am numb.

  • COMMENTS
16 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
There is somewhere better

I hated it.

I hated that I had to read this and know that someone out there, and I am sure you are not the only one going through this, is going through this pain everyday. And they feel they are powerless to stop it.

That makes me angry.

There is somewhere out there that is better, there is light over the rainbow.

If you don't leave for yourself, then you have to leave for your children.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Dig Deep - Save yourself Save Your Children

I have just recently narrowly escaped a man just as you described. Luckily my children and I have been able to get far, far away from him, alive. He always said "Noone would love me like he does" - He's right I will never allow anyone to ever love me like he did again. There is no changing no matter how good the sorry sounds.

You are not responsible for him - only for you and for your children. Run - to your nearest shelter, call on all the family, friends (I know you think they have all abandoned you - they haven't) pull out all your resources, make a safe plan and RUN.

I left my home, my friends, my job, my money, my country and left with two suitcases and my kids. All I need, everything else is immaterial. All you need is time to step away and see reality without the haze of pain, sleep deprivation, fear and stress.

It hurts - hurts like hell - lonely - lonely as hell. When I am overwhelmed or feel like it will never feel better I watch my kids sleeping - in peace - without fear that I will be hurt through the night or defending me and endangering themselves.

To survive such a life surely describes a strong woman - be strong, yourself, save your children and then one day you will believe in - will feel your own strength. Promise.

SecretFantasy69SecretFantasy69almost 15 years ago
HONESTLY...he's not changing sweetheart...

So if not for yourself, get out for your kids. He will beat you, he will beat them, he will make them think it is okay to be beaten. Get out while you're still young and can make it on your own. Please, get out.

lass714lass714almost 15 years ago
Mom's lesson to her children

Do you realize that you are teaching and reinforcing in your children that physical and verbal abuse is acceptable. You are the adult you have a choice whether to stay or leave they don't. They count on you to make that decision correctly. Have you considered the fact it is only a matter of time before he abuses your children in the same manner as he abuses you. If you don't leave for yourself than leave for the kids. They love you and are counting on you to protect them. Please do so now, it's only a matter of time before he carries the physical abuse to far. What will happen to your children then? Even if he doesn't kill you he could kill your child, then what would you do. You state you worry that they will grow to hate you. Statisically you should worry as they probalbly will. Remember he feeds off of your control and fear. The more victims the more power. You need to break your co-dependancy of him now, before its to late.

lisasmurflisasmurfalmost 15 years ago
a dog get more love then you

My God women get out, you can find a better life, If not for your self for the love of your kids, run and run fast Sure there place in the UK you can get help from..

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

You CAN Teach Old Dogs New Tricks How to keep (or increase) spice in a long-term relationship.in How To
The "Secret" of Attraction How to re-ignite the spark of passion in your relationship.in How To
Addicted to Love When it's painful, not pleasurable.in Reviews & Essays
How to Appreciate a Man What's the secret to appreciating the man in your life?in How To
How to Find Mr. Right Now It's a virtual world: come swing from a cyber star.in How To
More Stories