All Comments on 'Tea-Shop Twinkle'

by Spencerfiction

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
A small vignette of a lonely mans life.

It was well written. But the question that arises is simply "Why"? You give no indication that this is the start of a longer story. Based on that assumption (which of course leads us to making an ass out of you and I) I will simply ask why you wrote and posted this particular story on this particular website? It seems out of place. Just a thought. Perhaps next time something salacious in the LW section?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Please continue this story when

Sylvia gives birth to her second child. I hope Valerie would come back to the tea shop, at the usual time, and catch up with Harry. It would be nice to have them continue their friendship and share part of their lives. Actually, I think male-female relationships that are not sexual are also interesting and rewarding, as a non-romantic couple share different, but still meaningful dynamics, than a romantic couple.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
nuther twinkie fairie

spin fiction tell

1 star

chytownchytownabout 9 years ago
Great Read*****

Thanks for sharing this very thoughtful read I really enjoyed it .

Bd4554Bd4554about 9 years ago
Beautiful story

Very poignant and reflective of our times. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Just empty drivel ! 1* !!

!

loveoverlustloveoverlustover 8 years ago
An oasis of sweet memories .....

..... is all he has, to fall back upon.

Although a bit sad & gloomy , I really enjoyed it. The mystery & the dynamics of relationships is always fascinating. Especially so, in our modern world.

Blood relations that are more distant than strangers & strangers who in a few moments bind us for eternity.

However, I agree, a sequel with a happy ending would be worth the read. In fact, being a family friend of Valerie 's would be a perfect ending to his lonely existence.

After all it's a fantasy, Spencerfiction. :-)

A family of 5 stars, to give you company.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Excellent story

You had me in tears. I related myself to Harry's position in life and his loss of a friend. This Anonymous commenter who keeps running down your stories is just an asshole American Redneck who usually reads comic books. He has no real iterary skill so he just runs down good authors like you.

texquilltexquillover 6 years ago
Poignant

The author did a great job of describing a small bit of the human condition. Yes, there's no point to the story, other than to share how it's possible to adapt to a situation that appears hopeless.

extemporeextemporeover 6 years ago
Charming and touching in the extreme . . .

A story that earns fives from those with a soul and ones from those without.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wonderful

Thanks for your story!

Boyd Percy

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSpencerfiction@Spencerfiction
979 Followers
An old printer, typesetter, proofreader, local politician and activist. I write for pleasure only, an untrained writer too set in his ways to change or learn. I have courted and been wedded to the same impossible angel for over four decades, so I am an unremitted romantic. If ...