All Comments on 'Snowbound'

by peaches07

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
Sid0604Sid0604about 9 years ago
Thank you...

I enjoyed reading your story. Thank you for sharing.

sparktjsparktjabout 9 years ago
Lovely

Thank you, your well-written story held my attention throughout and I enjoyed it. I loved the way you allowed the sexual tension to rise steadily between the two characters and their consummation was a joy to read.

bearsladybearsladyabout 9 years ago
Nicely done

I enjoyed the time you spent building the characters and not having them immediately jump each other. Not that those types of stories are bad, they have their own appeal at times, but this was more real.

The only thing I noticed as a negative was she seemed to be using her broken arm quite a bit. There are several places where you mention her using her hands, i.e...she cupped his face with her hands, woke up with her broken arm on his chest. If you're going for realism, you need to pay attention to those small details.

Overall a nice job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Enjoyable

Very believable. Didn't think Daniel sounded goofy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
An editor would help

A decent story-certainly has potential.

A couple things ruined it for me. The typos didn't help, but the real problem was, as a previous commenter said, the details.

No way she got herself dressed and checked out her wounds with an improvised cast on her broken arm. At least for me, those sort of inconsistencies just cause the "fantasy" part of the story to crash and burn.

In all seriousness, though, it is a great story, and you write well. Just need someone to look over it.

peaches07peaches07about 9 years agoAuthor
thanks

Thank you for your honest feedback, I really do appreciate it. An editor would help, no doubt, but I haven't had luck finding one. Perhaps I'll try again. Now that you've pointed it out the broken arm stuff is obvious. ;)

gordo12gordo12about 9 years ago
A decent story

If you ignore the fact that any ski resort would keep it's roads plowed 24/7.

Otherwise quite readable! 3*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
more please.

This is a start to a great series. Please consider it.

tabbymidnitetabbymidniteabout 9 years ago
There is no way to for Oh my god i love this story!!!

I have to say your characters are wonderful everything was detailed nicely. Your good at romance. I liked the pancake making scene I could read and hear in my mind the Russian accent. You will fix the typos. Would like to know more in a part two what happened to them if they made it to the hospital, stayed together, the other girlfriend became a fly in the ointment?? A very believable read. I am hooked

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Good read

This was an enjoyable read - likable characters, good pace, great dialogue. However, the glaring (and for me, disruptive) error of her broken arm was too much. I have been in the unenviable position of breaking a bone in a snowstorm and having to wait for the bone to be set until the following day when roads were safe to travel. From this sad experience I can promise you that she would probably have been in far too much pain to care about anything else! Maybe downgrade her to a badly sprained something or other so her injury doesn't sidetrack readers from the real story? :-) I really enjoyed your writing but I kept waiting for her to suddenly realize how much her broken arm hurt.

chytownchytownabout 9 years ago
Good Read****

Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to future stories from you.

carbinemastercarbinemasterabout 9 years ago
good!

It's hard to believe that this was your first romance story. I loved the plot and the characters. And by the way, I think Daniel was perfect just the way you wrote him. Also impressive is the fact that you made almost no spelling/grammar mistakes. I know I harp on that, but it's just so distracting to me. I hope you keep writing romance stories in addition to whatever other types you like to write.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Loved it!

It really is hard to believe this is your first story. Keep writing. I'll definitely read this story again. Was so cute and heartwarming. I like the way it ended, so you can just imagine what happened after.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

This is really very sweet. Reminded me of a short but intense affair I had with my trekking guide.. Gone too soon and now a sweet distant memory. Thank you.

mammoetmammoetabout 9 years ago
great

more please, chapter 2 ??

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Finish the story.

Really need to finish this story. On the edge of my seat wanting more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
awesome story!

Excellent ending to an exceptional build up. And hey, i like that daniel is goofy. Hope there's chapter 2 though. =D

bogusguybogusguyabout 9 years ago
great story

Great character!

demure101demure101about 9 years ago
Highly enjoyed it

Looking forward to your next romance

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Sexy

Give Daniel some hair for that sexy chest -- he seems a rugged but kindly and gentle mountaineer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
her arm?

After it gets (apparently) splinted, her broken arm pretty much disappears - she can hang a kettle of water on the fire, she can put on and take off multiple pull-over tops (tank and tee) - and Daniel is a real bum, demanding to be on top of her in spite of her injuries (including rolling her over for their coupling when he had already hurt her that way before!) - I think a thorough edit is called for, getting this stuff straight -

maddictmaddictalmost 9 years ago
A gentlemen.

Daniel is a gentlemen, I wouldn't think a lady expects anything less. Love the ending, Katrina could be making a life decision. I thoight after there brief making out, Daniel didn't get some logs as much as he needed to chop his own log. Good story, I know you can't keep all the stories going.

Thanks, I will read some of your other stories, they are very fun.

GriffyD_BoyGriffyD_Boyover 8 years ago

I liked it overall, but it probably wasn't a good idea to have Katrina receive the level of injury to chose to give her in the crash. Her and Daniel did a number of things that were unrealistic given the injuries you described her having. Despite this, it was still an enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great story, beautifully written

Thank you, I've seen how you build the plot and the characters. I find the story realistic and makes sense. It is room for another chapter in case you feel continuing their relationship to something deeper. 5*

OverJackOverJackabout 7 years ago
Evolution

As a relationship evolves it goes through stages and should build to an erotic climax (pun intended) If the beginning goal is only a belly-rub then the stages don't matter and the characters are hollow shells. I read, not necessarily complete, many of these stories that are nothing more than disguised belly-rubs. That's Okay for many but those of us who look for plot and character development find your kind of storytelling exciting and compelling. Please, please, please continue to develop your craft and share it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Very Nice Story

Especially for a first effort. I would have liked to have seen the story carried on a little further. I mean, it's relatively easy for two people to fall in love, or maybe lust, when they're stuck together in a dire situation. To me it's what happens after the emergency is past that makes or breaks a romance. That's what I mean by, a little more would have been better.

IshuiIshuialmost 6 years ago

I agree with anonymous - I also would have liked a little bit more to this story. Enjoyed what there is very much. Thanks for writing it.

Ishui

Horseman68Horseman68over 5 years ago
A Good Story.

You created two very likable characters in a very enjoyable story. The dialogue as they developed a relationship was very well done. Bravo.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Very sexy

I love reading romance and lust in a story. Well done, very erotic!

MoMiner64MeteMoMiner64Meteabout 4 years ago
Very Much Enjoyed Your Work!

Hey, Peaches, I think you have a great story but, I want to take you up on your word of constructive criticism. I think you made the story unnecessarily complicated at the get go. I believe you did not need to give her a broken arm. A cut head and bruised ribs would have been plenty for the story.

Of course, this is nearly five years after your story was published and I saw your comments about finding a competent and reliable editor. I have had the same problem, a problem I have not yet resolved. Don't know by this time if you have resolved your editor problem or not but, if you haven't maybe there is a way we could be mutually helpful to one another.

I have a whole number of stories yet unpublished because of the lack of a competent and reliable editor. Best Regards, MoMiner64Mete

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous