All Comments on 'The Hacker'

by DreamCloud

Sort by:
  • 138 Comments
Sid0604Sid0604almost 9 years ago
Thoroughly enjoyable...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your story. Easily worth 5 stars. Thank you for sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Pure Gold

Every time, every story, always wonderful. I think I'm sorry you managed to keep the length down. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Really good story

Well done & keep up the good work

bearsladybearsladyalmost 9 years ago

This was perfect. Two nice twists towards the end. And I'm kicking myself for not catching the first one. However, in my defense, you already had me pulled into the story and I was busy letting it take me along. For me, the sign of a great story is how fast it pulls me in. This had me shortly after it began. Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
great story, thank you.

One of the best story I have read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Really Very Good!

Couldn't expect any less from my favorite author!

Some really clever writing makes even the uncomfortable bits seem necessary. Unique POV, accomplished very well. Decent character development, without telling the whole story before its proper time. Just really good talent exploding from the screen. Thank you so much!

Only one note: I would have liked a "bargaining" scene, a ceremonial personal exchange with herself, and Tom's memory, when she finally removed the wedding ring. You brought it to our attention that she had never taken it off, but never told us exactly when she did. It just might have been a deeply emotional moment that provided alot of insight into her original marriage, as well as her hopes, dreams, and fears for the future.

But with or without that, this story seemed to accomplish all of your goals that you set out for it.

Bravo! 5 Stars, as always!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Skirting the issue

Come on now

Briliant writing AND groaningly wonderful puns ?

Sure made my day brighter

Thank you

Wang4Wang4almost 9 years ago
Thank you

What can I say? One word.......excellent. A syrupy romantic story on Saturday morning! Keep writing and thanks for sharing.

Ed

DoctimeDoctimealmost 9 years ago
I love puns

" I wasn't going to tell her everything, so I skillfully skirted the issue. "

This caught my editors eye immediately. Nice to read another of your stories. Congratulations!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Just brilliant

Perfect story, didn't want it to end.

wrecktechwrecktechalmost 9 years ago
One of THE BEST stories here!

I was loving every minute of reading this until it seemed to derail with the plot twist. You managed to save it in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Yes, it's a suburban fairy tale

But it is extremely well done. Romantic, but with enough of a bite (and humor) to make it non-saccharine. I see your name attached to a story, and I know it's going to be good and very satisfying.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Abundant praise due

Thank you for this wonderful story.

Five stars not enough!

Only nit to pick: please change "dearth of unpaid bills" to

abundance, surfeit or even better plethora.

Thanks again

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
you did it again dreamcloud another great story

is a wonderful story

it would have been funny if Linda would have ended up

pregnant at the end

LVGirlLVGirlalmost 9 years ago
IT WAS

Her skirt was too short. Just perfect.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Wonderful structure and turns of phrase

Great characters, too.

If I may suggest one edit, though, please replace the word "dearth" in the sentence, "That's when he ran across the dearth of unpaid bills."

And thank you for writing.

Ladd_RussoLadd_Russoalmost 9 years ago

Love the characters. They just seem so alive.

DoctimeDoctimealmost 9 years ago
Exceeding your Personal Best

I think it a wonderful reflection on your "story telling" that so many of your readers feel guilty if they DO NOT write a comment! 17 comments in two days. Wow.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 9 years ago
Twists and Turns and a Great Ending

Very well written and interesting romance. Appreciate DC writing again. Well done!

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
lot's of warm fuzzies

All meant to make us feel good.

But I am still wondering how it went from being unable to form a complete sentence, maintain eye contact, and have a conversation, to holding hands, lovely legs, and we need to slow this down again soon in 24 hours.

fefe428fefe428almost 9 years ago
Well done

It was an interesting premise for a story. I enjoyed it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
One star

The twists ruined the story for me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great!

Your writing style is very nice. I loved the twists and turns. Keep it up.

Bd4554Bd4554almost 9 years ago

Outstanding! Very imaginative story; a total delight to read.

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 9 years ago
Great Story

the plot twists were the best part. great ending. Thanks for sharing.....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Move.............

...to a country with a state health service.

bruce22bruce22almost 9 years ago
Lots of fun and delight

DreamCloud turns out another fine story full of humorous moments and well woven.

A strange thought was that this is the equivalent of a RAAC story in the LW category...

markranemarkranealmost 9 years ago
What a Great Story!

Thank you again DC! A wonderful read with plot twists and really cool characters. Five Stars for sure...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
You have a wonderful gift!!

You have a wonderful understanding of Human Nature and so your writing reflects that.....

Please PLEASE don't stop sharing your GIFT!!!!

RPGerRPGeralmost 9 years ago
A Wonderful Story

I spent much of it with a goofy grin on my face. I especially liked the 'Can we slow down again soon' line. I also laughed at her skirting the issue with her dress, though I don't know if that pun was intended.

So far you are the only author I have found that actually manages to tell an immersive, complete, and delightful story while still keeping it that short... not that I don't really like your longer stories too!

DauntiDauntialmost 9 years ago

I know how much talent it takes to write this well. You even made 1st person narrative work. Great job and looking forward to more.

DarthMelkorDarthMelkoralmost 9 years ago
Another hit out of the park

I don't know how DreamCloud keeps doing it again and again. Romance isn't even my preferred genre but I don't miss any romantic story by DreamCloud. Easily one of my favorite authors on this website.

Just a suggestion, there too many stories about a lady in distress who is saved by a knight. I hope to see a different style next time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
you did it again

I don't miss anything by dreamcloud

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Another amazingly enchanting story.

fanfarefanfarealmost 9 years ago
Ditto propagating!

DC, I have to agree with all the well-deserved compliments you have received from your readers.

subrodude46subrodude46almost 9 years ago
How do you do it?

I am working my way through your stories. I marvel at how you can write the Hacker and then the Marriage. Your mind goes all over the place....Very well done..do not stop.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
DC Strikes Again

Another magnificent tale with an intriguing plot and wonderful characters. Your skill as a wordsmith continues to blow me away. Excellent craftsmanship!! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Damn you are good! Awesome!

You have a gift and I'm so thankful you are willing to share it.

DreamCloudDreamCloudalmost 9 years agoAuthor
Thank you for all your kind comments

I posted The Festival on Sunday 5/31. It should be live by Tuesday, if all goes well on the Lit end. I am working on a lot of other stories. I really want to finish The Cotillion, but it just isn't right. It needs a better motivation at the start - without it, it will be as cheesy as the tale it is based on. I started The Runner and am about 10k in. It is very different than my other stories. Not sure if anyone here will like it, but that won't stop me from posting it. Crazy premise.

I read every one of the comments I receive. Every time I lose confidence in my writing, someone posts something that helps me find it again. You have my never ending appreciation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Thank you DCloud

You have a gift of storytelling and a deft hand with conflict. Well done, in all your stories.

SELSTIMSELSTIMalmost 9 years ago
Nice

I love your writing. You have a style that allows the reader to become completely immersed in your stories. As I look at your collective works your scores tell me that I'm not the only one that feels this way. "Thank you for the entertainment" seems inadequate. Maybe, thank you for the experience would be more accurate. You are a truly gifted writer.

snathsnathalmost 9 years ago
A different perspective

There are some stories which once you start, you have to see the end of it. This is one of such stories and, I am yet to read your other stories. I am a reader from India and our perspective differs from yours. The reason I say this is because of undue unfavorable comments Indian writers tend to get from the readers at large. While admitting many drawbacks in their efforts, the change of perspective could also be a reason. High quality stories generally overcome this weakness and yours is one of them.

redbaron172redbaron172almost 9 years ago
Wonderful Story!!!

This was the second time I read The Hacker, and have read and re-read several others. You are a great writer and can put words into action, realism to into fiction. Especially in this story. Keep up the good (great) work!!

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
I too like a good pun

so, rather than hem around, I will just say it,

"I skillfully skirted the issue."

together with the final paragraph,

made for a fitting ending

SouthernJadeSouthernJadealmost 9 years ago
Loved It

I completely love how your stories twist and turn. Keeps one on there toes!

arrowglassarrowglassover 8 years ago
Sooooooooooooooooo fine!!!!!!!!

Just love the way you weave these webs of pleasing prose...the way you twist and turn the entertainment...have enjoyed every one of your stories!!!!!!!!

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
thanks for a great story

again.

Mordant96Mordant96over 8 years ago
The Hacker is a joy to read

I do like to read the Cheating Wife gets her punishment stories, most likely because I had a cheating wife myself and identify with the husband. However, The Hacker is not a cheating wife story but a wonderful "feel good," happy ending, well written read.

Keep it up DreamCloud. I'm looking forward to your next submission.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
not formulaic

this was a struggle to write something

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

That was very good...

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 8 years ago
Loved the twists and turns...

in this well-developed plot. It didn't turn out as I expected--in fact, it turned out far better. DreamCloud, you have wonderful writing skills--I wish mine were just half as good.

Great story!

xtchrxtchrover 8 years ago
What A Romance Writer!

You are one gifted writer. You write some of the best romance stories on this site. The twists and turns in this one had me going. This story had me rooting for the lady and her daughter from the get-go. If I want to read a romance story I now know where to go...DreamCloud. Thank you for your writing and your stories.

SeaChangerSeaChangerover 8 years ago
You are a gifted writer.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Beautiful!

Wonderfully human and imaginative - Heartwarming and beautiful!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Don't read this story if you have important work to do

Because if you do, all of that work will get pushed to the side as you enjoy every twist and turn until you come to the very nice ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
What a wonderful romance!

I'm making my way through your stories. This one was incredible. Thank you for your work!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
The Hacker

You have done it again. This is the best yet.

Ed Grocott

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 8 years ago
Huh... you know, when I STARTED to read your stories, I thought...

"OK, so you can build a decent plot and I'm interested in your characters and when I read plot twists, while they ARE twists, they don't feel like they're coming from so far out of left field that they're from a whole other stadium (which can make me a hate a writer with a passion) and you've written sex scenes that are more appealing and more of a turn-on than some other writer's graphic sex scenes..."

And, "Oh yeah, do I really even need to mention the romance and how sometimes you break our hearts in a way that makes us willing to not only read more of your stories knowing we're risking more of the same but even willing to reread the SAME story knowing that '... this way heartache lies'...?"

So, what's my point...? Oh, I got no point... Just thought I'd mention all of that...

'cuz, you know, "I love your stories..."

tentaclesforalltentaclesforallabout 8 years ago
Sappy Romance

All right, now don't get me wrong... I'm a guy... I don't go in for sappy romance...

So... Why can't I let single one of your stories pass?? I've read the all, some of them twice...

I'm not a romance type of guy! What the hell are you doing to me!!!

RB1947RB1947about 8 years ago
Damn!

You really jerked me around with this one.

I'm a 69 year old man. I've been reading fiction since I was 5 or 6. Why can't I stop reading your stories? Huh? Why?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
You already know you are amazing

You should bind them, sell them and be rich!

cynarezcynarezabout 8 years ago
gah

love it! one of your best works

Absinth3Absinth3about 8 years ago
I won't skirt the issue

I'm a freak of nature: I'm female and I hate to shop, chic flicks, and romance stories. But I loved this one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Just binge read 3 of your stories...

...I blubbered like a baby at the end of all three of them!

Love romance stories!

Now I'm going to go be with my real life romantic hubby!

I can tell ya, sex will be great tonight (big grin)!

Thanks! Cheers!

I'll be back to read more next Sunday : )

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Good Read

Really enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
What a twist!

Didn't see that donor saga coming at all. I thought the guy was faking being a billionaire and hacked for a living

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Lets see....

Interesting plot, unsuspected ending, great characters, nice length for the plot, what can I not like.

Great work.

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 7 years ago
Wow!

Stunning story, absolutely different than others from this author.

I can`t wait to read the next chapter.

5* for you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
How do you do it?

I have read several of your stories and I am baffled. How is it possible for you to write such consistently great stories? Please don't stop!

Keep on keeping on...

kansasjack01@gmail.com

Kookaburra8Kookaburra8about 7 years ago
Your a freak of nature

Truly, how do you do it ???. Constantly delivering ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ stories one after another after another, truly amazing..Romance category, for me, you hold that title there's NO one better..

Horseman68Horseman68about 7 years ago
Superb. 🏆

Please excuse the use of the same old superlative in describing this totally unique and absorbing little story as have applied it to all your stories so far read. Can only repeat again the hope that you enjoy your writing as much as your readers enjoy your works -- and plea for you to keep them flowing to us.

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 7 years ago
!!!!!

It's hard to add anything to all the other comments on this story. 5* hardly says it. I guess I'll just leave it at that and get back to your list to find another. I find it difficult when I can't live up to my handle, but I'll suffer with that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Well written

Dont know how many times i have read it.. Lost count

JJMemaw0623JJMemaw0623about 7 years ago
Loved this!!!

I absolutely loved this story. Please keep writing, I love your stories!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Brilliant!

Once again you have produced a wonderful tale. Now to go back through your submissions to find another gem!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
wonderful

You are really good at this. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Awesome

Your stories are great and made me curious. Your profile brings up questions. How much time have you spent talking to women to so accurately convey their feelings and thoughts?

PhilDub2PhilDub2almost 7 years ago
Textures and Plots

So often the only textures in stories on this site are purely physical: smooth,silky, firm, moist; and the only depth is that of penetration. Yours feature textures of personality and setting and depth of plot and character. As a fan of Jeff Deaver I can appreciate how the occasional sharp left turn or zigzag can suddenly make the story make sense. As I have commented before, good fiction is good fiction, regardless of genre. Keep 'em comin' (double entendre fully intentional)!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
a brilliant story

loved how it unfolded and the interaction between the three of them....loved it...a tale of romance...protedting his own and true love....just magical

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
"swoon" means faint

"Swoon" means faint, and she wasn't lying on the floor unconscious.

Archangel_MArchangel_Mover 6 years ago
@anon

The colloquial usage of "swoon" has expanded to include the feeling of disorientation caused by acute infatuation. The usage is metaphorical rather than literal. I don't know if it's in Webster (too lazy to check), but it is in common use in my experience. <3

oldpoet451oldpoet451over 6 years ago
swoon

From Merriam-Webster (online)

Definition of swoon

intransitive verb

1 a : faint

b : to become enraptured, swooning with joy

2 : droop, fade

noun

swooner

adverb

swooningly

I_of_HorusI_of_Horusover 6 years ago
Great story

but... If you don't mind me saying so, there's a glaring error on the first page.

"Right of passage" should of course be "rite of passage"

In case you write more stories, "baited breath" should be "bated breath", from breath abated.

In the English House of Commons the members don't shout "here, here!", but "hear, hear!" as in "listen up, yo!".

Thank you very much for your stories. I am enjoying them immensely.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wonderful

You come up with the most amazing - and loving - plots.

Please keep writing for us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Loved it

How is it that you can talk to my heart,and pull the strings,I've let no else even come close to,.. much more i'd like to say but it's time for bed , so says the wife. Thank you again R.W.

Sandman_truckSandman_truckabout 6 years ago
Great writing

It wasn't a tear jerker like " Rehab " or " The Promise " but was an excellent read all the way through .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Love the shorter ones

Please keep writing them. My concentration span is not that long any more. Besides which your longer ones are also fantastic. I have learned to ignore the to,

two, too, mistakes that everyone makes, since they don't really teach English in the schools like they did when I went (I'm 85). But I enjoy your ( not you're or yore) stories tremendously. Thank you again. / Just J.

Jada59Jada59almost 6 years ago
Wow!

Somebody was looking for this story and someone else posted the link to it. So glad they did! Really good story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Billiant.

A seriously talented author, I'd love to know what other names you use and if your work is published.

Very annoying that some thief ensured that you have stopped posting here!

tazz317tazz317almost 6 years ago
SOME HACKS ARE TOTALLY NECESSARY

even though legality may differ/ TK U MLJ LV NV

LwcbyLwcbyabout 5 years ago
I actually wasn't late for work.

I love your stories, please write more, I finished this one, and actually wasn't late for work. Bless you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
DreamCloud, is it true a thief has prevented you from posting stories on this site ??

I would desire to bring all my training TO THAT SORRY BASTARDS FACE, RAPIDLY AND WITH MALACE !! At least I hope you continue with your great stories, if not here, somewhere. You have a great skill for capturing the readers.

Thank you.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
MORE

I have been reading sing mid 60s, this writer has some of the best writing skills around. Amazon has self publishing on ebooks, you should go for it.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
You wrote it and I enjoyed reading it

Enough said

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Time to get paid for your talent!

You have me hooked. You should get a publisher !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Overcritical didn’t bitch about anything!

I guess I’ll just have to read the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
You have a gift

All of your stories are so well written.....they hook me in and I am always amazed.

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago
second time

still good and more tears, never, never jump to conclusions! very good writing

Ravey19Ravey19about 3 years ago
Just Great

Those couple of twists at the end were genius. Superb writing. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Subahaanallah

Great stuff!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous