All Comments on 'Lucky Man Pt. 01'

by DeYaKen

Sort by:
  • 98 Comments
chytownchytownalmost 9 years ago
Great Piece Of Writing*****

Thanks for sharing. Very entertaining story.

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
HOW MUCH GOOD LUCK!

can a person endure. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
2 stars

Because you keep pulling the same bullshit of "Spare the children." No, fuck that shit. Tell the truth, for once in your God damned life, admit to it, and don't make the husband meek, why fucking let her skate away free from further consequences?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Dont Worry

This is a DeYaKen story, there's going to be a fk'd up reason how they'll end up back together again

Rhsc1Rhsc1almost 9 years ago
Leave it to

The dipshit anonybirds to give low scores and cry because they think they know what is going to happen...idiots! Why don't you wait for the rest of the story before spout'n off?? Either that or go to the other site to read the full story...fukken anonybirds! Oh, good story...good ending too!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Nothing new, no real emotion...

...and there is nothing that really captures me and keeps me eager to continue.

Sorry, mate, but you can still twist it around - provided you can resist the temptation of turning him into a wimp. Let him scortch the earth. His wife is acting far too cool, her behaviour does not fit. Let him help assholes wife to burn him alive. Whatever - please resist the impulse to give her a 2nd chance...

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 9 years ago
Pathos galore and gore within and without !

This author knows how to get the stomach twist and fire up the infighting between his loving couples . Excellent use of hospital setting to further trauma inflicted on narrator. He's deep in the hole dug by skilled writer at the top of his game. DoYaKen a reader who once started this story will not be fidgeting for final outcome ? Me either.

sugnasugnaalmost 9 years ago
Great

A realistic situation, slightly dramatized by the paralysis but believable. One thing I would like them both to realize; he should be proud of taking the teaching job, maintaining a stable home life for his family as the kids grew up. Now it was time to move on with or without his wife. In this case, without his wife. What is a common theme in these stories is the cheating wife who once discovered tries to hold on to her marriage. In reality most women are much more practical and realistic. Women are cowards for the most part. They do not cheat without knowing being prepared for the eventual discovery. They also know that they would never forgive a husband for cheating on them and they know that they will never truly be forgiven by ANYONE. So, in reality they already have the bags packed and a divorce lawyer ready to go. They usually start the spin with something like: "He was abusive, We grew apart, We wanted different things, it was mutual."

arincharinchalmost 9 years ago
Nice Enough Story

But the constant present tense just kills readability. Can all of this be happening as one reads it?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Typical (and pathetic) DeYa"CUCK"Ken dribble!

Cheating, WHORE wife +

Pathetic, "Ball Less", Wimp Husband =

ANOTHER MALE BASHING, WHORE WIFE APOLOGIST, RAAC SUBMISSION FROM THE KING OF THE CUCK AUTHORS!

No need to read Part 2 dear readers .. we been down this Male Emasculation Road BEFORE with this author ....

KarenEKarenEalmost 9 years ago
Wimp?

How can you call him a wimp?

How is it wimpy to refuse to take her back, to cast her off?

IrfonIrfonalmost 9 years ago
Well done DeYaKen...

His wife knew well what she was doing - until she saw his anger,she was continuing her cheating - NO doubts about that.

I never saw an apologies either - 'other than WE can get passed this' - Ha !!

He should Divorce her using adultery - and IF she loved him truly - she would agree with it,even in the face of Deweys deniuals !

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 9 years ago
it will be interesting

To see how you manage to bring the RAAC about. But I have full faith that you will pull it off no matter how illogically.

Concritic123Concritic123almost 9 years ago
KarenE.......

You know better than to respond to Anons. They're like monkeys who do nothing but sit there and throw shit at passersby. I didn't think he was wimpy either. A good response to a bad situation.

TwentysevenTwentysevenalmost 9 years ago
Powerful

In fact, very powerful. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
gave it a 5 to piss off dear annony!!!

and for your effort in writing a story. Hope you make this asshole annony. so mad his heart stops!!

ILienBagbyILienBagbyalmost 9 years ago
This fine story

is told as well as a story can be told. But, please DeYaken, please hurry with the next installment. You have created real people and a real situation and this reader (and I am sure many others) longs to discover what happens (good or bad) to the protagonists.

magmamanmagmamanalmost 9 years ago
The start is good, in fact

very good. Now let's see if the rest works..

Thanks,

MGM

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I don't need anyone's pity

The way this story is written, the statement is true. John has more than enough pity for himself. He was already feeling sorry for himself when the story started, even before he knew about Caroline's infidelity.

He's right. He has to get his own self respect back. Question is: does he know what the reader knows? That's he's a big part of his own problem. Get rid of Caroline. Start over. Sounds good. But if he doesn't figure out where he went wrong, he'll only be back at square 1.

Let's see what Chapter 2 brings.

JounarJounaralmost 9 years ago

Read this already on SOL. Not going to comment until part 2 to avoid spoilers. Saying that, there was no reason to split this up into two parts imho. Is reading 4 pages of solid writing that hard for people?

Tim413413Tim413413almost 9 years ago
I liked this very much,

but I hope it isn't really stand alone. I hope part two is really a continuation. In this part, the wife (Especially the new, more in charge wife) confessed and gave up on her marriage way too easily. Please do not make part 2 RAAC. Much prefer he gets his skills updated, moves on, finds a satisfying job and, perhaps, a satisfying woman.

Tags: I prefer "cheating wife" to "infidelity" (Author's misspelling will put it in a very, very short tags list - making it impossible to search.) "Discovery" is something that would not come to my mind if I am somehow reminded of this story. I'll likely never find this story with a tags search. How about "professor," "awards ceremony," etc.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 9 years ago
do peope really think this way or better yet do men feel this way

I don't get it, they've been married a long time. She cheated, he figured it out and he blames himself....."HUH", I don't see it. Maybe I'm emotionally closed off. I went through this with one of my son's. His wife cheated and had a baby with another man. He found out about 3 months before they told us. I'm friendly toward the child but I don't treat him like his my other grandson. He's 8 months old so I didn't plan on getting to close. The thing that got me, like I told my son, this was your first born. You guys have been married a year and 2 months. So that means she's been cheating the whole marriage and now the father wants visitation. I told him to cut his losses and find another woman. And take your time before you get married again. He gave me that it isn't over dad shit. A month ago he comes home and she has packed up and moved. Notice she left but not before taking everything that wasn't nailed down. Now she want's spousal and child support for a child she knows isn't his. His first lawyer said he may have to pay some type of support. I told my son to fire him and check with MRA and find someone that is there for him. I don't understand why so many men just look at a cheating spouse like it's her right to get some strange. He use to fuck me 2 a day and more, now we do it 4 times a month. The thing that gets me is 50% of these are so call men. So when her ass goes through menopause and her pussy is as dry as the Sahara fucking dessert is it okay for him to get some strange. Hell NO, if I can my husband cheating on me, I'll break his ass. But when is her, you have to some patience and understanding. For those of you still on that "be a man shit". The problem is for all of those over 55, those women don't exist any more. It's a new day and time. Women of the 90's, 2000, and above think like men. If they want to fuck a guy they do. With out and problem, and is your stupid enough to think she's no going to take what you give her then your as dumb as the court system. Judy Clever is fucking dead and gone. And for all those, men cheat more people, if that's true, then why is there a need for shows like Maury, Laura Lakes paternity court and all these other your not the daddy TV shows. Momma's baby, daddy's maybe.

Slowride_Slowride_almost 9 years ago
@Huedogg

The man sacraficed his career happiness for his family, then his wife shit on him. The door is back open for him to reclaim his own identity. He's got a plan for Dewey, and his wife's punishment is that she doesn't get to be with him anymore. Dude is drugged, paralyzed, and obviously traumatized, under those circumstances I think he handled things well. Great job DYK.

patilliepatilliealmost 9 years ago
Very nice setup

I have to say I was delighted to see Deyaken in the queue today. This story is very good, I kinda see what the hubby is at, but it isnt quite clear why he would throw the marriage out at this point. She has offered to support him in whatever he wants to do in this last chapter of life, and good support she would be, but he is steadfast that he must do this on his own, his own way. That implies to me that something else is going on, in his life, his aggregating disgust at having compromised his career on behalf of family stability is (or must) be more of a factor than the infidelity.

Love to see how you finish this Scotsman.

carvohicarvohialmost 9 years ago
Another DeYaken...

One anon got it; there's not much originality in the LW genre. So it's all about how its done. That's what separates the men from the boys. DeYaken is one of the men. (I get jealous.)

My take so far:

He's pumped with medication and that helps him with the self-control.

An anon got it when he said wifey isn't reacting all that strongly. Has she moved on?

The paralysis may or may not be permanent, and that could be meaningful.

Our protagonist's regrets will naturally include some self-recrimination, so what.

Don't count on much from the boys.

It sounds like much of 'her success' came from his 'ground work'. That could be meaningful.

This was a five, and I'll bet part two will be better, just please no exploding scoreboards or big public disclosures. Either make up or walk, or wheel, away. In this case, though I wouldn't want him permanently impaired, wheeling away might even work better.

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheadsalmost 9 years ago
Man, this one screams for a continuation.

yup

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 9 years ago
Slowride, I don't disagree with you

what I don't is the blaming yourself. I gave the story a 4 because I don't get why the husband would blame himself. I'm not a prideful person but I also very confident. I got hit in the face by an aircraft door, I lost 13 teeth, I have dentures and I pull'em out at the drop of a dime. But my wife gets embarrassed. So don't do it while she there. I now it's wrong but hey I a guy. Here this guy is there for he wife and how is he rewarded, total lack of respect. She knew her husband say the boss with his hand on her a she did nothing to prevent it. The husband is a moron and left. But some how DeYaKen turn it into self pity. Most guys get mad and would have rushed the stage and either kicked ass or got their ass kicked. Not automatically blame themselves and go all woe is me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Well Thought Out

Great so far. Looking forward to the remainder of the story. I'm always amazed at the guys who are so caught up in the revenge aspect, particularly against the lover. Hey, unless it's rape, it's her that lets it happen, particularly if it's more than a one off thing. If immediate violence fits the story, so be it. However, I get tired of reading all of these comments by "tough guys" about all they would do to the guy. I'm not really interested in what they'd do, if they would do such in reality if faced with a similar situation. What is important is how do the husband's reactions fit into the story whatever they might be..

impo_61impo_61almost 9 years ago
A good story until now...

A good story until now...Let's see what happens after he gets out of hospital...3* for now...

bruce22bruce22almost 9 years ago
Excellent Story So far

She came up with a good offer but he won't accept initially . Still it is on the table.

I find it difficult to believe she was going to confess when got home from the dinner.

Her boy friend was doing all he could to provoke her husband and really deserves a royal pasting. But somehow losing one's temper never works well for me.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 9 years ago
re:Well Thought Out

I agree to a point with you. The thing I don't agree with is what make a tough guy any different than any other. If a man is pissed, it doesn't matter who it is, he'll want to kick ass.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyalmost 9 years ago
Who says a story is great and only gives is a 3?

Superb story, very well written. The characters are so real, vulnerable, anguished. Such a joy to read.

Chilley

SuddenThunderSuddenThunderalmost 9 years ago
**** So far, but....

If part 2 is RAAC i will be very disappointed. She's sorry she got caught and is in denial. The kids will be better off with an honest statement of the situation and to be able to see how each parent is a role model in the future. Lying for their sake is just sad.

DeYaKen is one of my favorite authors on this site but does he share the pervasive British sensibility that marriage vows are really marriage suggestions? I hope not in this case.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
the story is well

written but who acts like the main male character i know in my heart i would kick her to the curb so i did not enjoy the content.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Very intriguing start. Yes, age old theme of wife fucks boss. Its all in the details.

The paralysis is a nice twist. Lost his wife and his legs the same night; poetic Karma. Guess we can give him a pass for not noticing the wife's change in working hours, mood, attitude, and personal interaction since the predator came into her life. But obviously she changed hugely, and he did not follow his instincts, or had none. But then he immediately read the body language when he saw them together, so it makes sense he should have been perceptive of her personal changes at home. Maybe that's part of why he is taking some of the blame. He did not stay close enough, intellectually and emotionally. Granting someone room to grow is different from maintaining a distance from their thoughts and behavior.

And if she was going to tell him anyway, why did she deny it when he first brought it up? Yeah, for whatever reason, she dumped him and her marriage some time back, but couldn't admit it to herself, nor him. We can accept that his accident forced her to examine what she had become, and also brought out the predator's selfish self-serving attitude toward her. "Oh, your husband will be laid up for a few days or weeks? Great, let's fuck!" So she has some conscience, just no self-respect or personal ethics.

I think if he'd taken more time to think about it, he would have withheld the news of their inevitable divorce until his health is restored as well as it can be. He will need considerable assistance, so why not let her work off her guilt and, finally, be of positive use in his life. He can always dump her after he has reestablished his life, or after he meets someone to replace her. And who knows, maybe during the rehabilitation period they may learn to love and respect each other again. She was once a good mother and wife. She will likely be a good, and much wiser, wife again in the future, for someone. If he's paying the price for her "education" in anguish and grief, why shouldn't he reap the reward of her learning her lessons and becoming a better woman? Not likely, but possible. What has he got to lose? He ain't going anywhere with anyone else anytime soon.

So, despite the well worn theme, you have spun it in an interesting way. Thank You for sharing your time and talent.

njlaurennjlaurenalmost 9 years ago
Great story

The only problem is breaking it up,a 2 page story is no easier to read then a 4 page one.

The husband is not a wimp,he realizes that Going forward that he cannot make decisions without finding his self respect,whatever he does with Caroline.If he took her up on her offer,he would feel like she did it,and that would be bad.To reconcile or split up depends on how he sees himself,and that depends on being his own person

I hope part 2 has more about Caroline,right now she is kind of a cliche. Is she in love with John and proves it by letting him go free,then tries to reconcile when he is strong,or does she attempt to save herself and Roger by lying?I just hope this isn't thw type of story where it just ends,the husband is alone,just living,the wife is a Cypher and you say wtf?? I don't know about Limey law,in the US Roger would be guilty of criminal sexually harassment,the situation was pure quid pro quo,and given that he was working for the government,they would throw the book at him.Not to mention John would have a huge lawsuit,the government would have no defense.

retmstrretmstralmost 9 years ago
****

The story was good and well written, but needs more telling. I have read your work in the past and enjoyed it. Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Wow, loved it!

Can't wait for the next installment.

Cheaters have to know there is a bill to be paid when they are caught. A lack of trust, of being the rock for their mate, is gone.

I left my own wife when I found she was cheating, left a note on the kitchen table along with my ring and after loading up an hours worth of my stuff, tossed it in my car and drove away. I haven't seen or talked to her in almost 2 years, don't know if I'm married or not, although in my mind I'm not the first time she spread her cunt lips.

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyalmost 9 years ago
I Like Your Writing

But I just can't abide present tense dialogue. Sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Wow

Your, creative use of -- punctuation in the first; paragraph, was really : awful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Strong

A strong and powerful story. 5 stars. Looking forward to Pt 02.

FD45FD45almost 9 years ago
I like it

I would like to see more. Hopefully it's longer than two pages.

pilot4pilot4almost 9 years ago
Holy (comma) cow (exclamation point)

What is this? A convention of english teachers? Editors for a major book publisher? So the guy didn't properly use first person plural superlative on line four of the sedcond paragraph. Who cares? You are not going to find many pulitzer prize winners on this site. What you do find is people giving it a shot. I look for content and efffort. I occasionally try to give support. I like this story so far and it gave me a few minutes of entertainment and something to look forward to with the next installment. 5.

artykay63artykay63almost 9 years ago
English Lit classes

I thought it was exceptionally well written and emotive. i think the first person narrative works well in some cases and it certainly fits the drama identified here. Thanks for the read; I'm looking forward to the sequel.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 9 years ago
Excellent

Wow. What a great tale. Funny how it took a tragic accident for the cheating cunt wife to realize what she's done. Like all cheaters now, after the truth is out she wants to move forward and try to continue the marriage. Stupid cunt. We'll see what happens. Kudos for a great tale. Five Big Stars

TornadoTysTornadoTysalmost 9 years ago
Moving. ..

A well thought out emotional story.

greowulfgreowulfalmost 9 years ago
Very well done

Many, many authors have applied the "tragic accident" trope, but this was done better than any I can recall. I look forward to the rest.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I really enjoyed the matter-of-fact style of telling the story in the first person.....

....we can really tell that he is in a very dark place, tightly controlling his emotions, as he lives through his fortunate survival of a tragic accident and in the face of the even more tragic collapse of his marriage. I feel anger rolling off him in waves over the grotesque injustice Caroline and Mr. Dewey have handed him.

I don't suppose he will act out his fondest wishes....to utterly and completely destroy them both...in a very public way.

But...we must keep it civilized, mustn't we?

Good story! I, even as a lowly sub-creature anony, am still anxiously looking forward to the rest of this story.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

a good read as always. Thanks.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 9 years ago

"First I'm checking my emails then I'll look up Michael Faraday; I ought to know more about him.'"

Hard to imagine someone who is an educated scientist not knowing who Faraday is.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I gave it 5 stars ...

... This first part is excellent. I hope the second is as good. Panther fan.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Wow...

If I were depressed and read this, I'd go out and buy a gun and kill myself.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Robotic

No emotion in the characters whatsoever.

ohyessssssohyessssssalmost 9 years ago
liked it

I gave you four stars. I would have given you five if you actually would have told her the thoughts you mentioned to yourself.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Typical "Loving Wives" Cheating Wife

“I was going to tell you last night when we got home. When I found out what happened I decided to wait until you were back on your feet and more able to handle it.”

Just what was she going to tell him? That she was leaving him for Dewey? So why is she trying so hard to get him back now? She didn’t tell Dewey to get his hands off her till she saw her husband get up angry, and she gave Dewey credit when he did NOTHING!

She blames Dewey, and he DOES have some responsibility, and WILL be paying the price, but she is an intelligent, mature woman, she could have said NO!

Freddog6601Freddog6601about 8 years ago
Dang!

This would make a motivational speaker consider suicide!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Bemused!

Read some of the other comments, but the story seemed the only thing to contain any joined up thinking!

Tough thought, but what a grown-up ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Very cold wife...

She pressures him to take a "low-skilled" teaching position, low-skilled for him anyway, so that she can feel comforted having her husband work on a salary. He helps her get started in her job, gives valuable advice on how to play the politics of that job, then lines up all the necessary people to back her up, ensure success, and make her job easier.

So how does she repay him? She has an affair with a pompous, narcissistic, 3rd-rate lounge lizard. She loses respect for her husband because he holds a "low-skilled" teaching position - he's not a very important man - not to her anyway, even though he only took that position to make her happy. Ironic, huh?

What a bitch. She owes him everything, but because she's receiving acclaim for what she's accomplished, suddenly she can look down on him from her lofty position. Total cow.

tazz317tazz317almost 7 years ago
#2 WHY DO CHEATER WHO GET CAUGHT ON THEIR PLAN A

want the wronged person to forgive and forget and forestall legality, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
GOOD STORY.

GOOD STORY. GOOD JOB.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 7 years ago
Speech marks

Is it just me, or do others find it annoying that the author uses single apostrophes to denote speech?

I guess it's a regional thing, though most of the world is sensible enough to use double speech marks.

It makes the story more difficult to read for me, with speech and descriptive texts flowing together, and my internal spell check going crazy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Sorry but this guy is a jackass

And feeling sorry for himself. If he can't walk again, I'd expect him to commit suicide. What a wimp.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A jackass?

Why is he a jackass? He did absolutely nothing wrong. He is under the effect of a strong painkiller so he is probably a little sluggish. But he is still able to think logically. Are you upset because he didn't take her back after breaking her vows, cheating, being disrespectful and manipulative? She had an affair for months by her own choice for goodness sake. He sacrificed so much for her and the family and she repays him this way? Good grief, dump the slut.

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
Lots of subtlety in this story

By telling us this is part one of two alerts us to pay attention to the details.

Many comments mention that he discovered her affair at the dinner, but in hospital he was giving details of other women victims. What set him off was the blatent public display of their intimacy.

I think he has already started the administrative actions against the predator.

We are listening to an engineer. He is methodical, takes no action that is not thought about in advance, while appearing calm and clinical.

Let's see where we are going.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Sad!

Very sad story!

onbothsidesonbothsidesabout 6 years ago
Her tone deafness

He confesses to losing his self respect. She responds with an offer to make him a kept man. Almost like "you don't need that, I make more than enough money."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
3* Wimpy

She betrays him, yet he lets her not get burned too???

I say bullshit.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 6 years ago
@Ib_Says 07/12/17

re:

Speech marks

Is it just me, or do others find it annoying that the author uses single apostrophes to denote speech?

I guess it's a regional thing, though most of the world is sensible enough to use double speech marks.

It makes the story more difficult to read for me, with speech and descriptive texts flowing together, and my internal spell check going crazy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's not just you.

Single marks for both what he says and what he is thinking of saying makes it hard to keep track of which is spoken and which is thought but unsaid.

It may be regional but most writers mark thoughts differently than they do speech out of consideration for readers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Really!

Why do the cheaters invariably state,with great confidence," We can get past this. I know we can"! Excellent dialogue and well written. 5*s.Looking forward to the next part.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Easy

Too easy on her by far. No way you let this kind of betrayal slide. Good story though.

TrollTureTrollTureabout 5 years ago
Good story so far

Very good, I think, but the author has been very stingy with the commas. In many places you have to read the text several times to understand what the author actually means, it just runs on.

@26thNC:

Why whine about lack of consequences when you must have seen that there is a 2nd part, it was written three years before your comment was made? Or have you read all of it and decided to spoil the ending for the rest of us?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Just fucking brilliant.

And you know you've written something special when chytown gives you *****. That's extraordinary!

I have found a new favorite author!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Get a life

Trollture. Wtf. Who gives a shit about commas if the story is good, which this is.

As always with the comma critics Trollture has NEVER submitted anything to this site. Until he dies I suggest he keeps his commas to himself.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 5 years ago
Troll

I understood it perfectly first time through. Maybe it’s you

266xxyz266xxyzover 4 years ago
I liked the story very much

It has what I think is unfortunate sadness. It has never been any kind of amicable parting from 3 of my former wives and possibly my 4th. Two for the same reasons as portrayed here, one for different reason and the 4th and I are coming to a head. I'm pretty old and with in the past year my health is falling like a home sink brick. With her it a power struggle and I tell her she's gonna lose and lose her future which when I go tits up She should be pretty much fixed for quite a while and never truly poor. Power struggles of this nature are not wise. She came in with no material goods to speak of...like her car. I built my own home and am debt free. Pussy always costs so I reckon I will have to give her some sort of severance pay but IDC about that. I have an agenda, I don't have the time as a 76 yr. old former Marine vet on disability and failing health. No sheep skin. She has and B.A. and M.B.A. She's 20 yrs younger than me...she'll do ok. But her mouth and her temper are talking her out of what is a pretty good deal. Not that I won't feel extra sad but I'm sure it's not going to be pleasant. I really didn't want to dislike her cuz she has lots of great qualities there, But I will continue to seek what I'm after and will immediately seek a replacement. And if I find one ...great and if not all my stuff like will etc are in place so she would get it. I mean ya'll know you can't take it with you so she may end up with it anyway. IDC..I'm admittedly very lazy...to much effort to go back thru the "stuff" unless I find another and if not, the only world that that's gonna end will be mine.

Sorry late and stoned and drifted..

I would like to think that every ending of a marriage everything is Kumbya but that's not the way the world works, not mine anyway, so I found your tale (in my land of fantasies anyway) had a very warm human touch that was, so far, bitter-sweet.

Thanks for the read.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 4 years ago
So dark! 5*****

That really is a powerful piece of writing. Some people can compartmentalize their lives. Many cannot. Being able to do it isn't a good thing, especially in cases like this.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

Older comment Re: quotation marks. The author is from England, the convention there is to use single quotes for speech.

As for thoughts, I'm American, so use double for speech. I USED to single to denote thoughts. Now I either rely on context, or will say something like Blah blah blah, I thought.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

"Yes, he's fucking her what further explanation do you need" - Even IF he's not fucking her, there's SOME sort of an inappropriate relationship going on, not to mention her over crediting Dewey and never mentioning her husband.

Definitely confusing punctuating his thoughts as if they're dialog.

"I didn't know you were spying on me." - "Spying" on her? She was right on stage in front of him. Using that phrasing indicates that there was something for him to spy on!

Assuming she DID thank her husband in the second speech, why not the first? Why over-praise Roger? Why was ROGER apparently helping her with the speech instead of her husband?

Roger never vowed fidelity, she did. If she wants to file sexual harassment charges, that's up to her.

"You know that it will reflect on me." - It SHOULD reflect on her! She ALLOWED him to be inappropriate!

DarkerBindingDarkerBindingover 3 years ago

Man, that is one unhappy story... well done though. Looking forward to part 2. Thanks for all the work to give us something FREE to read for entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Yuck. This was just miserable

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

I think I'veread this already, but I enjoyed, if not for the second time. 5*

onbothsidesonbothsidesabout 3 years ago

Why wasn't he impressed that she mentioned him in the second speech, the one where she knew that he'd left - and why he'd left?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

At least he dealt with the situation like a man.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Excellent first chapter. It lays the groundwork for what's coming next. We'll see...

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Again, still think the cheaters got off much too easy, but this author does some really good work and this is part of it.

zeuspmzeuspmalmost 3 years ago

wow. this was so powerful to read.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 3 years ago

"All right he gave me a little pat on the back" - If it was just "a little pat on the back," then she wouldn't have been so shocked and shaken Dewey off.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

at least hes not keeping her.

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

Interesting tale so far. What happens next! AAAA+++

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This story has always been a favorite. The humorous dialog later in the story is great

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

5 stars so far FTDS

Pjam1968Pjam1968over 1 year ago

Good start indeed

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It’s only 18 inches from a pat on the back to a pat on the butt.

HighBrowHighBrowabout 1 year ago

Effing depressing but gripping. Another Femdom agitprop cheater wife gets off easy… so far.

fredbrownfredbrownabout 1 year ago

Sucher was waay more observant than I am, I'd have missed the whole thing. Not sure why the poor bastard had to get into an accident but on to the next part of this tale ........

26thNC26thNC7 months ago

Again, another man destroyed by a foolish cheating bitch.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Very good writing! It's worth remembering that no women, short of coercion, gets laid with out her choosing to do so. No excuse ever over rides that fact and, for that reason, I believe that forgiveness falls under the notion that's a mistake to give a second bullet to someone shot at you and missed.

AnonymousAnonymous2 days ago

How do you cope when your world crashes? Calm before the storm, or stunned and drugged. Plan for the future or resigned to waste away?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDeYaKen@DeYaKen
1625 Followers
Thank you to all those people who said the enjoyed The Driver. I've been away from Lit for a while I have been concentrating on writing books for sale. The latest, The Unsold Child, is available for $2.99 at https://books2read.com/u/38g5ZB Probably more suitable for Literotic...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Lucky Man Series Info