All Comments on 'Cultural Exchange Ch. 05'

by Tenou

Sort by:
  • 59 Comments
Tam9876Tam9876almost 9 years ago
great story

this is a great story and I really enjoy it but after waiting so long the fact it is so short makes me hope you come out with the next chapter very soon.

Sid0604Sid0604almost 9 years ago
Another great chapter...

Thank you for another great chapter. This is easily worth 5 stars. It's good to have you back.

SplitAcesSplitAcesalmost 9 years ago
The cast is growing

I would benefit from a synopsis of what has gone before with a list of key players. I'm not griping about the wait for new chapters; I'm grateful you're not dropping it all together as life interferes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great read

Can we expect any kind of consistency in your uploading scheduled any time soon?

RpierzRpierzalmost 9 years ago
Glad you continued

Be careful of having too many characters in your story that it's next to impossible to keep track or to develop them.

Ever hear the parable of the writer & the artist? The writer writes down, "The army of thousands of enemies came over the hill to crush such & such." No problem right? But the artist has to now draw EVERY SINGLE MEMBER in that army.

audovoiceaudovoicealmost 9 years ago
Time time time

Of course we want new chapters yesterday but that is an oxymoron. It can't be a new story and not take time to write. There are some note able exceptions that put out great stories quickly but the majority of stories have fast and slow periods, and it is not unusual for the slow period to be every 6 months or once a year. Feel guilty if you find that a motivation but the truth is I am just happy to see a new chapter when it happens. There is something fun about a story unfinished. There is no telling when it will end and that makes it fun to think about. Besides the problem of putting out chapters people really want to read is a good problem. It is a drag to read a story that starts off good but ends up sucking, but it must be twenty times worse for the person who wrote it.

falcon66falcon66almost 9 years ago
Welcome Back

love the series and the characters and the world building in the story. Can't wait for more Brandon and Ralya's adventures with new villians, rivals, allies. Can't wait to see how epic this story can get in the long run. Hopefully the next chapter won't be to long a wait for the rest us. Later,Tenou

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
great story

love the story so far it seems like it's really picking up now and it's getting pretty interesting. Be careful of how many wives you arrange for him though because some authors add so many that it just gets ridiculous and interferes with the story. but so far i'm loving the story, keep up the great work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Pardon My French But......

Your story is the finest grade coke and I'm a coke whore! More, more more!!!

superfeluously_esuperfeluously_ealmost 9 years ago
Outstanding!

Fantastic imagery, fluid fight scenes, awesome dialogue, and terrific world building. What more could I ask for?!?!

Thanks for posting!!!

Nice to see the sassy dwarf Tierra is to be a second wife. That'll be very interesting. :-)

Hope things work out more smoothly with Rayla, I think having second wives really, really irks her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Nice twist with Tierra and nicely forwarned

It is becoming clear that you are laying the ground work for MANY twists well in advance. I can see them coming just can't tell which is a feint with minor/humorous implications and which are critical to the plot. Can't wait to find which of the following will test the hero's cunning or sanity:

1. Is Administrator, Alerick Aventhal's interlocutor in the closing segment of this chapter?

2. Does the Head of the Blue Tree share his son Elam's position as an extremist supporter of the Elven Racial Superiority?

3. How will the hero react to his hidden bond with Sha'Zella?

4. How will the hero's wives, betrothed and their families react to his hidden bond with Sha'Zella?

5. Was the speaker "I have rid you of the poison. To be true, I have saved your life because I have seen that one day you will be the only one in the right position to save one of my daughters." in the chapter 04 dream/vision referring to Sha'Zella or a character yet to be introduced.

Although I could continue it is clear the stage is set for many more twists. I do disagree with superfeluously_e about Rayla's attitude toward second wives. This is the way of her world and she is more likely irked that the hero hesitates and may appear to others an indecisive head of household. This would open her household to dangerous challenges.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Edit of "Nice twist with Tierra"

Didn't complete Item one in the list of questions. Should have read

1. Is Administrator, Alerick (Aventhal's interlocutor in the closing segment of this chapter) a major player or a pawn and minor irritant in the household?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Fantastic

I love your story work and the build to the story. Just keep writing I can't get enough

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
awesome

WooHoo you're back!!! And better then ever! Excellent story progression and Hot sex scenes, I can hardly wait for the next chapter.

magikman233magikman233almost 9 years ago
not bad good sir,but......

you continue to write this story up as if it were a video game or anime,don't get me wrong for the most part it works...but hearing such clinical terms used for special techniques and magic takes away from the writing,prevents it from feeling as organic as it could,bear in mind that this is just my opinion,as Michael Bay says"don't change your style just cause of outside pressure,only pussies do that"

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
It might be my inexperience with the genre

but I am struggling keeping all the players and their relationships identified.

I will go back and reread to see if I have missed some of the associations. I would benefit from a PlayBill of the cast!

TenouTenoualmost 9 years agoAuthor
About the problem with the cast...

In my humble opinion, I think it's due more to the fact that it has taken me months to complete this chapter, than the real number of characters. I've seen works with far more characters than this one, and I haven't had much trouble following them. Have you read "Life as a new hire" here in Literotica? THAT is a huge cast where you can't keep track of everyone

In any case, there are not many more characters to be introduced.

VlandisVlandisalmost 9 years ago
A Wonderful Suprise....

...when I saw this series was updated. I honestly hope you continue this series. It's one of the few stories I wish to see completed, and check for updates usually once a week

TJSkywindTJSkywindalmost 9 years ago
You're doing fine

As long as YOU are keeping everyone straight, then we should have no problem.

So, two elves (Rayla and Silna), a dwarf (Tierra), and Sha'Zella the Snake Clan assassin; though Rayla, his First, only knows about Silna and Tierra. It was nice to see that he was able to "hammer out" his differences with the Countess in this installment and yet to be arranged in a future installment.

Keep at it. 5*

GoesGruntGoesGruntalmost 9 years ago
Yet Another Grateful Reader

If I can start reading Foster's Phillip Lynx novels in the early eighties and wait till 2009 for him to finish the series, I can wait for the following chapters of this story too...

My selfish request would be for you to take good care of yourself at least until you get the chance to finish Cultural Exchange and share the end with us, the demanding self centered greedy readers.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great story - please continue and finish it

I just stumbled on the story and read all you've written so far - I can't wait for more!

shade_waynEshade_waynEalmost 9 years ago
can't wait for more

when is the next one coming?

it's been months

please post the next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
next one??

have you finished chap 6??

please update :/

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
loved it

One of the best things I have read in a long time

ddealddealover 8 years ago

Update plz story is awesome

TenouTenouover 8 years agoAuthor
A little time out

Lately, I've been receiving some pretty hurtful comments thorugh the feedback system, so I'm taking a little time off to review the general plotline and try to make some improvements.

Right now I have 7 files named Cultural Exchange: one for each chapter and an extra file with notes, description of characters and the general plotline. Along the next month I'll add things to chapter 6 from tiem to time, but my aim right now is to improve that extra file so the next chapters don't bring me such horrible comments.

Thanks to those of you who still believe in me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great job, ignore the hate

I'm sorry you've received negative feedback lately. This truely is a great story. It's one of the few stories I look forward even though there has been little sex. That is a testimate to the unique and interesting character and settings you've developed. I hope the voices of encouragement outweigh the naysayers so we might continue to enjoy this amazing story. (Only critic is I missed the connection between the bad guy trying to kill Brandon in the beginning. Was that the character know as the Demon? And who is the elf he spoke with. This could be that I haven't read chapter 1-4 since they first released). Again, one of the best stories (adult of otherwise) I've read in years.

shade_waynEshade_waynEover 8 years ago
MAN!!

you've got an awesome story going on here

the only problem is the hero went through a great lot of shit to court and marry the elf, but after the marriage he is neglecting and stepping all over her :/

and some more time and action between each new girl for him

nothing else is wrong..

keep writing and be quick about it please :)

shade_waynEshade_waynEover 8 years ago
MAN!!

you've got an awesome story going on here

the only problem is the hero went through a great lot of shit to court and marry the elf, but after the marriage he is neglecting and stepping all over her :/

and some more time and action between each new girl for him

nothing else is wrong..

keep writing and be quick about it please :)

ddealddealover 8 years ago

People suck your stories awesome looking forward to the nxt 1

SexyGeekSexyGeekover 8 years ago
Hiding behind a bush to throw stones

To hell with stupid people who send private critical feedback instead of honestly posting it here where it can be commented on. There are some losers in the world who just like to snipe at others from a spot where they can't be reached. Ignore them. Look at all the positive public comments you get!

anonintexas1999anonintexas1999over 8 years ago
looking forward to the next chapter

Good story. Thanks for sharing.

anonintexas1999anonintexas1999over 8 years ago
looking forward to the next chapter

Good story. Thanks for sharing.

rbond1992rbond1992over 8 years ago
harem lovin

Would be nice if he and his girls are all 'involved' with each other

disableddandisableddanover 8 years ago
I love the way this is developing

Looking forward to your next chapter. You have a real flair for character development and setting the stage, as it were.

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 8 years ago
Great story and one that I sincerely hope will not suddenly end without being completed.

Great story with a well thought out plot. I really do hope that it does not join the vast ranks of abandoned stories here on literotica. I've come to detest finding a story that appeals to me only to find that it stops abruptly without any hope of ever being finished.

TenouTenouover 8 years agoAuthor
I know the feeling

To answer your comment, Kjohns2001, I know that feeling very well (The missing dragon, Endangered, Path of the Necromancer...) Cultural exchange has been roughly outlined from here to the end, it only happens that chapter 6 has been put on hold because, at long last, my personal economy is good enough to afford a new pc.

Finally I'm going to graduate from single-core processors :D

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
this is the best

your ideas are original and the story line is great. it's your story. you tell it how it is meant to be told. I'm eagerly awaiting the next chapters, and I honestly don't want this world to end. It's fantastic! Eagerly awaiting to see how the house evolves, and see how all the different races and characters and conflicts flesh out!

ddealddealover 8 years ago

Update plz when is the nxt chapter coming out

rbond1992rbond1992over 8 years ago
love this series

Yo! When donwe expect chapter 6 to come out? :-D

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

This has been a fun read so far. I hope you have enjoyed writing it and that your editors are supporting your efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Patiently Waiting

Six plus months since Ch. 05 post Two months since last Tenou response. Still hoping the author is working on this and checking here for comments. As I posted earlier in comment "Nice twist with Tierra and nicely forewarned" there are many ways this story may go. Still patiently waiting in hopes there will be more chapters.

shade_waynEshade_waynEover 8 years ago
dissapointed

fucking shame really.. it was a great story so far and had great potential. it's actually better if these writers never start writing these great stories rather than keeping them unfinished.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
:(

Is this the end?

UnkownAuthorUnkownAuthorabout 8 years ago
Hope this hasn't finished

Very enjoyable tale, it is very entertaining to read, both the rich lore and descriptions, as well as the erotic scenes. Part of me doubts his incredible military prowess, given his past life on earth, but I am nobody to question your story, and, in any case, there wouldn't be a story to read if he just died straight away hahaha. Anyhows, keep up the good work, and I sincerely hope you haven't abandoned this project!

TenouTenouabout 8 years agoAuthor
Not over yet

Life isn't easy and I can't devote all the time I'd like to writing, to the point that it can even be weeks between a chance and the next, but don't doubt that I think about you (my dear readers) and get a sense of guilt and shame for having you wait so much.

P.S: I've left my twitter in my bio if you want to contact me (within reasonable limits) though I have to warn you that I mostly tweet in Spanish

G1breelG1breelabout 8 years ago
Tenou lives!

Your story has lots of potential, Tenou! I hope you hang tough and keep writing it.

anonintexas1999anonintexas1999almost 8 years ago
thanks for the update

Best wishes

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
more

is this the end? more!!!

anonintexas1999anonintexas1999almost 8 years ago
Still hoping for more

Please continue

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Can't wait for more

And please don't just suddenly drop your story off in the middle like so many others I've read, at least warn us before hand that your not going to write anymore

Form someone who should get a lit account

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Please continue

JC_The_ContinuerJC_The_Continuerover 7 years ago
The Story Will Live

I got in touch with the author and the two of us together will endeavour to finish the tale

JC

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I have been anxiously waiting more.

Hope It continues soon. been waiting and reading since the 1st chapter was published on here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

This is a story with a lot of potential hope it is continued to its conclusion

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
WTF

This is an amazing story. I put "WTF" because I feel exactly that. What sort of ending was this suppose to be. It's as if George Lucas would have stopped with A New Hope and didn't do Empire Strikes Back.

Please, please continue this. Too many authors do this and it's just a giant fuck you to readers. If you have a deal working to publish this I'd buy it and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Also have wondered if you played FFXI? Monk, White Mage, Black Mage, Beast Master, Warrior, Dark Knight, Samurai, Ninja, and to an extent, Dragoon were present. Was waiting to see a Blue Mage, Red Mage, Thief, and Puppetmaster lol.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

I wish this story continued, just reread it again

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

I just saw your post about patreon. Your patron doesn't show the total dollar amount as far as I could see. Hope you're doing well and get your $10.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTenou@Tenou
405 Followers
Sorry for my long silence. I've been diagnosed with a severe kidney condition. Now I'm feeling better, but my condition is chronical and can only only be fixed in a more definitive way through a transplant. I opened a business account in paypal so those who can't join my Patre...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories