All Comments on 'Kate Gets Her Man Ch. 03'

by RichardGerald

Sort by:
  • 74 Comments
proverbialassholeproverbialassholealmost 9 years ago
Well...

I expected she'll get him, and she would try to arrest him, but not that he would have outsmarted her from the beginning. Good job!

burningloveburninglovealmost 9 years ago
Great Series! Very Enjoyable Read!

I enjoyed reading all three stories in this series! Only one comment. The last story seemed a little rushed. Otherwise, another 5 Stars! Great writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Thank you!

I very much enjoyed reading this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Very Good!

As always-and how much the editing has improved! Thanks.

He can't divorce her but his family have ways round that problem...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Good Read

I liked the story. 4 stars from me in general as I enjoyed all three chapters. I will admit I thought the ending would be different as I did not think a woman with her past and her job and with a young child would choose to knowingly engage with a man like him. A man she knew, and was later proven, to be a calculatingly and brutally violent person whom the entire community would both support in his actions and turn a blind eye to the results should he decide he wanted to do it again. But I thoroughly enjoyed the who is chasing who romance concept. Thomas Crown style I appreciated that very much.

loveoverlustloveoverlustalmost 9 years ago
Burned Hearts , Heal Together.

I liked it. A nice Cop & Criminal romance. Denny was portrayed a bit too large for real life. But that's O.K.

A 5 star effort. For all 3 chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
4*s

Fine conclusion of an excellent story!!

There was never any doubt that he did it. There was never any doubt that she would solve the crime.

You gave us an intriguing solution. Fall in love and marry!! 4*s you earned it.

Your characters stayed true throughout the story. Unlike your Loving Wives ( aren't) stories. Not as much conflict either. Very good read. I look forward to the next story, whatever the category.

AMerryman

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Proof?

Actually, all she can prove is how he COULD have done it, she still can't prove that he actually DID it!

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 8 years ago
Really terrific story...

... I've thought that most of your "Loving Wives" stuff was a little sub-par but it seems to be pretty obvious that your true niche is "Romance". If I were you, this the category that I would predominantly write in. Again, very good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
All she really had was suspicion

Not a single, solitary piece of hard evidence. And give the ex-wife a dime? He was poor and he could prove it. That made no sense. Pretty good ending except for those points. And I don't see the lieutenant fucking her husband in a bar. That was over the top for her character. 3

bobosupremobobosupremoover 8 years ago
street name changed...

The street names changed from Capsulate to Capulet where the bar resides in chapter one and the last page of chapter three. I was pretty sure I understood what you were trying to get at, however. :D

Still a favorite!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
versatile virtuoso

RG, you're plots and character development leave no doubt. You must have been writing for years to weave this finely crafted tale. From a # 1 Loving Wife story to Romance with a capital R, just a suspicion, no proof, so what? She's not going to arrest her man, what would her son say? Did they live happily ever after, or did her X come back to screw with her and get handed his head while heartaches abounded? I guess we'll never know.

DHL

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Dick not good at writing, Dick needs to go back to primary school !

Or even Dick school ! 1* !

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Trust me, I could be a critic

but enough other silly people are ... I enjoyed another of your tales ! What a fun read. Thanks again - Scotty

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17over 8 years ago
Not Every Crime Goes Unpunished

So Denny's greedy, adulterous wife gets millions and ruins the entire community. Denny is broke. And his new wife, and Police Lieutenant, is still trying to punish him for a crime that no one else finds worthy of investigation. In real life people do horrible things to one another, but no crime is committed. But I have also seen a man be sentenced to two years in jail and the only person injured by his actions was himself. Courts are nothing more than houses of prostitution...and the judges are their madams.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Hmmm

Wife should not have gotten anything. She ruined the counties economy also only part I didn't like

kjohns2001kjohns2001about 8 years ago
LOL......GREAT STORY!!!!!!!

One of the very best stories I've read EVER!!!!!! This one has just about everything, romance, mystery, police drama and to top it all off a touch of family loyalty. Something for everyone all rolled up in one of the best written stories I've ever read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Can't be forced

But you sure can testify yourself

ParttimereaderParttimereaderabout 8 years ago
Ok but

Without the rape would have been ok with him getting away with it buy just can't stand violence against woman. No matter what she did.

Otherwise enjoyed the tale.

1wrngrght1wrngrghtabout 8 years ago
...and we got the story

XLNT. Not that there is room for a quibble or two (the rape by foreign object is noted but not described in any detail. Since Kate, a scrupulous LEO and abused woman herself, is supplying the POV we don't have any forensic info to judge by...cagey writing.)

But the simple facts are this; you are an excellent storyteller, characters are given just enough detail (and thankfully not all at once) to keep their part of the tale moving along, and you don't burden the reader with unnecessary narrative. Tom Sr is a good example, just a sentence or three here and there and we understand his sense of privilege, immaturity, gift of charming misdirection, and complete unsuitability as a parent. There was no need to tell us more. Nicely done.

So that's it - well done. Looking forward to more.

telboy17telboy17about 8 years ago

I wondered very early on whether someone wearing his ring was sitting in the booth. Witnesses, especially the Judge, claimed constantly seeing the ring, not saying they saw him and that the booth was dark.

Also, a wife CAN testify against her husband. She doesn't have to and cannot be forced to but she can if she chooses to. That's why spousal abuse cases can go to court.

ForensicFossilForensicFossilalmost 8 years ago
Spousal Immunity Statutes

Spousal immunity statutes are drafted so as not to apply to offenses committed by one spouse against the other, so the immunity does not apply in that setting. But the testimonial privilege is asserted by and protects either spouse. One spouse cannot testify against the other even if they want to if the other spouse asserts the privilege. This avoids the disgruntled ex problem while vindicating the protection of the marriage bond, which is the purpose of interspousal immunity.

Note the privilege bars testimony, not telling what you know about your spouse to law enforcement. If she chooses Kathryn may tell the police how she believes the crime was committed, and they can try to make the case without her testimony. After all, she knows nothing from personal observation. Her theory is all speculation, however accurate it may be.

jezzazjezzazalmost 8 years ago
You sir, are one Hell of a story teller.

There's so much subtlety in this. It's really very very good.

More please.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Thoughts

Ch 1 -

"She did not condone infidelity but saw no reason men should be allowed to play around while women were expected to be saints" - Who says that men should be allowed to play around?

"how he had convinced so many people he was where he was not?" - It's been a long time since I read this, but I believe only his arm was visible unless you were right at the booth, maybe he had someone else where his ring with the arm visible?

Ch 2 -

"It would serve you right if I went after that woman and told her that you used the money you were saving for a new car. That yes it did mean something to you, but her Daycare center meant more." - She says it like it would make him look bad! He's trying to be modest, it would just make people even MORE grateful.

"He was untrustworthy" - He's not untrustworthy. He's trustworthy towards those who deserve and have earned his trust.

Ch 3 -

"And she does this and gives me a kick in the chins." - I think you mean "in the shins!"

All she could prove is how he COULD have done it, that isn't proof that he DID do it.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
@bobosupremo Re: "Street names"

The Capsulate was an obvious typo. Capulet went with Monatague, as in the "Romeo and Juliet family names.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What a show!

*claps enthusiastically*

Loved the conclusion, had me near wincing in anticipation of the dire consequences and then - wham, the attorney has won, and Kate has her man :)

Thanks for the fun!

Jason

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
And now...

I liked Tazz's comment about the subtlety; the hidden asides that creep in. This was most certainly a five. I was 'fond' of all the characters but one. I positively loved Katherine.

One aspect of the story was a little over the top; he was just too good to be true, too kind, too helpful, but so what, it didn't deter a thing.

I'm through most of your other stuff so you should put something up soon. Take it from Katy, "That's an order mister!"

Jedd Clampett

BoomerbillBoomerbillover 7 years ago
Loved it

Great story, just too bad that Desi hadn't become an integral part of one of the mogles at the ski resort. Hate to see evil not punished. A five * for sure.

Horseman68Horseman68over 7 years ago
Superb. 🏆

Really enjoyed reading this story and being absorbed in its characters. Only wished Desi got what was truly deserved, but life is life. Hope the author enjoys his writing as much as his readers enjoy his creations.

Dubby49Dubby49almost 7 years ago

Gallic = French, Gaelic = Scottish

SMLlewellyn7SMLlewellyn7almost 7 years ago
Glad I read it

Good story. Not was I was expecting. I'm glad I went a bit off the reservation and read this. Five out of five.

I thought it would turn out Dennis knee-capped the ski instructor and then the wife raped herself with the bat to frame him.

While it isn't entirely clear, it appears Dennis did something pretty awful, which is a bit unsettling.

But at the same time he was clearly provoked and he was protecting everyone else from a bank failure so that somewhat balances his character.

Of course, with all his friends he could have had someone else carry out the attack while he stayed more clearly in view in the bar, But sometimes man has to handle things personally.

Steve

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 6 years ago
Reread

“Crime and Punishment Prequel” caused me to look at your submissions again, and reread “Kate”. I forgot that I liked it so much. Even better the second time through.

Kate is a wonderfully conflicted and nuanced character for a short story. Powerful, but wounded and vulnerable. She is a compelling and sexy heroine.

The setting brings to mind all those great postindustrial towns like Mohawk and Empire Falls from Richard Russo’s novels.

Thank you again.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 6 years ago
Excellent Series

Intricate plot and excellent character development. My only complaint is that the skank got away with basically extortion.

Interesting that according to RG the NYS Police are corrupt and inept. Most states I have lived in (TX, FL, OK) that was not the case, although maybe we just can't see it so who knows.

Ocker51Ocker51over 6 years ago
Great Read

I loved it, I must be getting old but this romantic story made me smile⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

rick_ohrick_ohover 6 years ago
Never bluff into a stacked deck

To quote a phrase...

YouamiYouamiabout 6 years ago
Excellent tale!

Richard/Gerald

Thank you for this particular contribution. As I have stated earlier you have a way of using unique "out of the box" plot lines and characters and that is exemplified in this tale. Thank you once again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
great story

Only change I would have made would have been to make a better use of his ex. She would have been more useful as a support beam for the lodge.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Lots of ways Desi could have been mollified, or eliminated.

I know, you think you followed the high road of virtue. Blessed are the virtuous, for they shall enter the kingdom of God, as fast as they can be killed.

Sometimes survival requires more, or less, than virtue.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Good one

Fun and entertaining watching it come together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wait! NO!

Let me make sure I'm clear, here: Vaginal rape with a baseball bat... For the greater good of the whole city?

And his newlywed wife, a domestic violence victim by the way, is gonna let this slide because she loves him? Or, alternatively, because he paid his ex millions after he vaginally raped her with a baseball bat? I guess legally that's a settlement, but I can't equate financially bankrupting an entire city with a sentence so vile I can't even type it three times!

I'm guessing... that was Claire who did the thing. Seems more like the kind of evil shit a woman would do to another woman to me, at least.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wonderfull...

I am a sucker for Love so I enjoy this tale a lot.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Amore! Yes

I was wrong but really enjoyed

OvercriticalOvercriticalalmost 4 years ago
A Great Story!

The whole thing held together pretty well except for the key concept. Why would someone as clever and resourceful as Denny with all the people resources at his disposal do anything as crude as what happened to Desi and Tillman? He could have dropped a hint as to what he needed and it would have been done for him without any question. He did have a tendency to take difficult matters into his own hands, but there were too many people who depended on him to jeopardize their lives and livelihood for him to do this himself. And to claim some sort of spousal privilege that would prevent Kate from talking about it was ridiculous. What kind of marriage would they have based on that sort of legal tie? Still a 5* story because the fundamental 3 requirements in a story were well met: plot, character development and dialog.

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Yes

Yes,a very enjoyable story.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 4 years ago
Cracking Story

Not quite sure about the ending as to Kate justice seemed paramount. However a good plot, well written and very enjoyable. 5 stars throughout from me.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionabout 3 years ago

I'm surprised that you ask for comments. In my opinion you don't need to seek our humble comment to improve your craft. There is very little I could say that you don't already know. I do wonder why you have such a low opinion of the state troopers. 5 star story that is entertaining with a lot of factual and fictional locations.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

Figured he had a standin when they kept talking about the ring. Nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Enjoyed the story except for 2 things. I don't believe he would have Raped Desi and Desi got away with all that money for the divorce. Otherwise, excellent!

PatrickThomasPatrickThomasover 2 years ago

Great story. Thanks so much.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 2 years ago

Another entertaining RichardGerald story, but IMO it is not his best (which are 'Obtuse' and the 'Unfaithful'/'Faithful in her Fashion' duo). However, perhaps I am being unfair because the 'Kate Gets Her Man' series are Romances which are not my 'cup of tea'. My preference is for stories built around sleaze, slime balls, criminality, lies, deceit, cuckoldry, whores and sluts, preferably without a happy ending. It helps to cheer me up and sleep at night. Despite this, I enjoyed the KGHM series. 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A very entertaining masterpiece.

5++++stars!

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Why

Why the hassle with Desi ?.She commited adultery,so he divorced her and after a year no matter how she resists,he is free.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A couple fun characters to read about . Thank you.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 2 years ago

Very good story series. Love to read more. Thank-you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A wife can not be "forced" to testify against her husband.... But a wife can testify against her husband all day and twice on sunday if she is so inclined...

-jaye-

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It is true, a wife can make a husband pay for her siience, but she can not testify against him except in very special circumstances. In this case, the scales of justice can tip both ways. Yes, he did it, and went overboard, but where does it say a husband can not punish his wife, and her lover for infidelity and adultery, multiple times? They weren't killed, she got nothing from the divorce, and he ran off to Colorado, to re-establish his ski-bum status. Remember, this is a small community in up-state New York. New Yorkers in the big city have no idea how the rest of the state lives, and don't care. History tells us that NYC tried to annex itself, and become a state. That's what they think of what they call up-staters. I am an up-starter, and proud of it, born and raised in Syracuse, and a graduate of Paul Smith's College, first. This story sounds like it may have actually happened, maybe embellished a little, or a lot, but it was a good read. Well done. Good job. Keep writing.

XYZ

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

10 stars. -this s the second read and both times it is 5*.

Thanks ACS

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

An amazing and very good story, the second time around for me and probably more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great! Especially on this cold morning.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A truly sweet story!!

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 1 year ago

On the second reading, this happy ending is unsurpassed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Kate REALLY should have been much more understanding of what happened to Desdemona and her scumbag lover, THEY SHOULD HAVE JUST BEEN DISSAPEARED! A wood chipper would suffice.😈😇🔥😆😅😄😀😁☠️💀🤣💩👍

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I’ve read several of your stories and this one was the first one that I have really enjoyed.

XluckyleeXluckylee9 months ago

You are definitely one of my favorite writers on this site. Thank you for sharing 5 stars from Xluckylee

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Great story by a terrific author.

BadHusbandMikeBadHusbandMike6 months ago

A fun read and a different take on things. It's very refreshing.

CruachanCruachan5 months ago

Great story, thank you and you are the first author on literotica I have read who can spell Champagne.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

5 Stars on a great Story . I did not see that ending coming nicely done

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Good story. I don't like MCs raping women, so I decided it was actually Dan who did it, and Denny took the fall because he was safe.

ttjbjr54ttjbjr5429 days ago

Excellent story. Easy read. Nice ending. Well thought out. Easy 5 Stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous