All Comments on 'Soul Mates'

by Iread2relax

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
Comentarista82Comentarista82over 8 years ago
Page 3

That's how far I made it. Somehow, the story had a really rough and choppy feel, on the cadence of the sentences and with in between transitions. It feels rushed, like details are missing--yet they are hard to point out specifically. In general, there is sufficient detail in Kate's background, why the killer must be stopped and why she needs a psychic. However, there's a weird blurring at times between characters, where it's not always possible to distinguish where one stops and another starts. Probably most emblematic about the stop/start feeling is the sex scene with Colin and Kate. That really needs to be drawn out so much more, detailing her body's reactions and his, from the foreplay to the sex. It happened too fast.

Needs some improvement, although I'm saying 3 by giving the general detail and story more weight.

redlion75redlion75over 8 years ago

3 paragraphs or so in she says she is from the fbi and she is a detective,when did the fbi stop using agents and start using cops?did not go any further.

ariesgirlariesgirlover 8 years ago

Some parts rushed but I enjoyed it.

cassandracharmedcassandracharmedover 8 years ago
it was good

This was a good read. Hopefully you will do willows and the other brothers stories next

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
You had something good

Slow down next time. Your ideas were good but the execution rushed.

MySecretSideMySecretSideover 8 years ago
Great story

There were a few mistakes but not too many. Great job, I read. Looking forward to the next story in this saga.

katgoddess1katgoddess1over 8 years ago
Short and sweet

This was a lovely story and I did not feel that it was rushed. Some parts moved quickly which only gave it a sense of urgency.

mitchawamitchawaover 6 years ago
One plus one equals four.

A great premise and plot. The hook was set for a long introduction and search for the right soul. The interior and exterior dialogue were excellent. Colin's delay added to the suspense, and their union which, was expected, confirmed that they were soul mates.

A lot of people died before the killer was caught, with a backstory to explain his motives. I thought his capture was to easy and neat. It wasn't clear what Colin saw to get him to the right place at the right time. The conclusion was long but in keeping with the introduction. The writing was superb and the story well told. Soul mate tends to multiply so one plus one equals four.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIread2relax@Iread2relax
1296 Followers
3/19/2020 Life is what happens to you while you are living. COVID19---- Thus times are making me realize that we won't be here long. Today, many people have been dealt horrible blows, but life goes on and the world keeps turning. 200 stories, I have written 200 stories. ...