All Comments on 'American Gothic'

by TamLin01

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
TamLin1 is a master of storytelling

Your stories are always the very best on this site. Thanks so much.

Blind_JusticeBlind_Justiceover 8 years ago

That was a quirky little tale. I loved the tone and I'm a sucker for a nice gothic tale.

As a blind, I need to nitpick though. Despite what you see on TV, no blind walks with a cane in his own house. Also, The Bible in Braille isn't a small book. There are no font sizes in Braille and you're dealing with a multi-volume epic, not a small book you can park on the table besides the plate. Also, there's a reason why you read Braille with two hands - your right hand guides the left one, so you won't slip from the line you're on. Reading Braille one-handed isn't a casual thing to do, even for someone with enough practice.

I know, a rather insignificant detail for 99% of the readership, but I couldn't help but notice because it's a part of my life that you got wrong.

In the end, yours was a nice scary tale with a wicked sense of humor. Good stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
More of a Halloween Story Than A Summer Tale

Mentioning the summer solstice twice didn't make me feel like it was an actual summer story. I would have loved it as a Halloween story.

I did enjoy the story and the writing style was very nice. For me, the ending seem abrupt and unfinished, but that is probably just personal preference. I will be reading some of your other stories so clearly, you weave a nice tale.

bearsladybearsladyover 8 years ago

What a wonderfully eerie tale. Well written, as always, with the impossible made possible. I totally enjoyed this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
nice, but Halloween, not summer.

I suspect the man's cane has more to do with affectation (and possibly a hidden sword blade) than blindness.

John

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great story

I really liked this story and appreciate that you took the time to write it and share it with us.

It was absolutely excellent and interesting.

I really liked the whole premise of the story.

My only complaint is that I want more.

Your story ended and I feel like it could have continued.

Anyway, thank you for writing it.

Kronos.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
5 stars

Spooky and funny

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 6 years ago
Terrific

Just left me wanting more. *****

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous