All Comments on 'Out of a Clear Blue Sky'

by jfremont

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Nice story

Hard to find an interesting and accurate aviation story here. Being that the website is Literotica, it would have been nice if the story was spiced up a bit. BTW, the correct terminology now is "Line up and wait" when cleared onto the runway. Nice job though!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
"Hangar," please - not "hanger"

...and a couple of other little bloopers, but they didn't spoil a lovely, gentle romance. Although not a pilot, I love flying, and spent quite a bit of time in gliders when I was young. The rush of the wind over the skin of the craft is just magic, and you've captured that so well.

Five stars, definitely!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
You've got a good handle on flying ...

... and flying terminology but 'acrobatics' in an aircraft are more usually called 'aerobatics'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Very Nice!

Enjoyed the story, many thanks. I particularly liked her independent personality. I'm looking forward to your next contribution already.

A few things would have made it a '5' for me:

Was Tom flawless? The (delightful) essence of true love is for each to appreciate the other's inevitable strengths and weaknesses. Did he even recognize the Masefield quotation? They didn't seem to laugh together much.

There were too many little mistakes-and making one in the first line of the poem was just sloppy.

I know it's a counsel of perfection but after words such as 'different', 'compared' etc. there is a correct preposition which should be used. It's worth finding out what it is in each case and using it.

Finally, as a long time aerobatic (and I'm by no means 'acrobatic' ) pilot, I disliked the term 'stunt plane' quite a lot!

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 8 years ago
Great story from a n excellent writer.

A great story from one of my favorite authors. I hope that soon I will be able to read a full length book by this author. I really do think that full length books in this genre by this author would have no trouble finding both buyers and fans.

asjahstrinaasjahstrinaover 8 years ago
Interesting

Learnt a fair amount of aircrafts and the works .

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 8 years ago
Another fine story

This one is definitely different than jfremont's earlier stories. It is not dependent on the location / setting of the story being a significant part of the story unless you count airplanes and airports.

aposiopesisaposiopesisover 8 years ago
For a story on the subject of aircraft, I'm stunned that you continually

wrote hanger, not hangar. Each time I became engaged in the your writing, the repeated error was very jarring. Better editing would greatly improve your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Aerobatics

A plane made for stunts is an aerobatic. Keep writing, thoroughly enjoyed it

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good Story, but not erotic

Well written, but should probably have been catogorized as 'non erotic'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
From a pilot

Great story, enjoyed the romance and the flying.

Started flying in 1965, private, instrument, multi-land but haven't flown in years and my recollection of the FAR's is not perfect. However, why would a commercial pilot not be allowed in the right seat with passengers aboard? Moreover, the Queen-Air B-80 is certificated as a single pilot aircraft.

arrowglassarrowglassover 8 years ago
Great story!

Enjoyed this...the pace...the details...and you got the sheer joy of flying to surround it all!!! Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Needs a bit more

This is an excellent story, but it can use the eye of an editor - e.g. you used "for" instead of "from" in at least a couple of places. Also, an erotic narrative of their time in the park and the night at the motel in San Antonio would have made the story perfect.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Story

It was a great story, with a great plot and a happy ending. All you folks that had to nit pick and criticize...do your feet get damp when you walk on water?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
As a glider

Myself, it's pretty clear you did that. Most details are correct and the story shows quite well what flying entails. Only for that loved it already

SampkyangSampkyangabout 8 years ago
Very Nice

Pulled pork in Texas???!!! NOOOOOOOOO! My one question is who the hell is Tom? Almost NOTHING was written about him so we are to assume he was simply perfect? NOT BLOODY LIKELY!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Up, up, and away!

So surprised & pleased to see a lovely airborne romance.

As a frustrated pilot (for the past 50 years or so), you rekindled fond memories of long ago & the freedom of being airborne with a stick between your legs.

Another good story.

Can't wait to see your next effort.

ScotrickScotrickabout 8 years ago
Wonderful but...

A very enjoyable story, well written and keeping the reader engaged. Well worth five stars. Somewhat abrupt finish, though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
SUPERB !!!!!!

Wonderful story--Can't tell you how how much I enjoy'd it

WELL DONE !!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

@Sampkyang

Tom is the guy from myspace

OvercriticalOvercriticalalmost 8 years ago
A Great Story with one Minor Glitch

I know very little about flying, but a little about language. Enough to tell you that the fancy maneuvering of planes through the air is called aerobatics, not acrobatics. Look it up! Acrobatics is what people do in flying through the air at circuses. Still worth a 5* rating.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
nice love story

sorry it came to an end so quickly.

others have pointed out the technical glitches, flight terminology, and even the anomaly of beef BBQ vs pork in Texas. My question is where was Centre as they flew cross country? Ground, Tower, Centre, Tower, Ground. With all that restricted air space they would never not be on someone's screen.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
second read

still rate it very "highly"

great story, content character

thankyou

DeKreDeKreover 5 years ago
Not quite quiet

Gliders are not very noisy, but that is relative. If you are in a trainer, just enjoying yourself, its fine. However, if you are in a high performance glider trying to go somewhere fast, it is different. At 150 kn the slipstream becomes very loud.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 5 years ago
Mile High Club

Hard to do in a light plane, or even a light twin like a QueenAir. But where there's a will, there's a way. Still, it's better when you're both on the ground.

Enjoyable story about a woman whose head is in the sky and her feet are firmly rooted to earth.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Radio language

Great story and I'm just being pedantic. But aviation radio is pedantic.

You have the tower telling the pilot to inform them when he is ready to 'Take off' in reality they would say when ready 'for departure'

The only time the phrase 'take off' is used is when the Tower gives the clearance "N75 You are cleared to take off"

In all other cases departure is used prevents any confusion about who has a clearance.

As I said picky but if you write another aviation story it may help.

Enjoyed this story

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
NXZ

(My old call letters). As a multi engine pilot, and as an author, I really enjoyed your story. Yes little details, as already noted by others, but I could feel myself back up in the air and the well paced romance was fun to envison! Steak Dianne was a good choice too!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story, but in Texas, pulled pork is mostly only on the menu for those from elsewhere. Beef brisket is the meat of choice. If you want pork, mostly it’s ribs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sweet and simple. Wouldn't have minded a little adversity to spice things up a bit though. Dealing with turbulence comes with the territory.

rbloch66rbloch666 months ago

Well written, despite what the nitpickers may say. For the category of romance, definitely hit the mark. The only criticism I have to make is that the story read more closely to an autobiography than a story format. It was even all the way through, which is to say that it didn’t evoke any strong emotion, although I imagine it did for you, as the author. There was no discernible conflict, and conflict is what makes a story memorable. While reading, I kept waiting for something to happen, but it never did. That said, I did enjoy it…. I’m a sucker for a happy ending.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

story TAGS

SIMILAR Stories