All Comments on 'First Loser'

by ThisLittleChatte

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
McMahonSMcMahonSover 8 years ago
Keep writing

Very promising first effort, well written and sufficiently convincingly told that it had me sincerely hoping that you were not writing from personal experience. Initially I thought there was an over use of commas but quickly realised that, either deliberately or sub consciously, you were writing in broadcast journalism style: using the comma to indicate where it was necessary to pause for listeners' better understanding if reading aloud. And let's be honest, most individuals have not been taught to speed read and do subconsciously silently enunciate every word they read. So it works. Best wishes for your future writing.

McMahonSMcMahonSover 8 years ago
Keep Writing

A most promising first story; well written and convincingly told. It had me genuinely hoping that this young authoress was not writing from personal experience.

twistedsickmindtwistedsickmindover 8 years ago
Very readable. Well done.

I hope that this is not autobiographical. I am so sorry for the pain I see many people experience in relationships. I just celebrated the best 25 years of my life with a woman who loves me, the mess that I am. I cannot conceive of being with anyone else. When its the right one its heaven. When its the wrong one its hell.

trigudistrigudisover 8 years ago
Fact of Fiction?

Inquiring minds want to know if any or all of this happened to you. Don't be shy, let's hear it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Sound like fact

The man is a narcissist. They cannot love, only use. Leaving destruction in their wake. Poor wife, hoovered back into the evil. Dear girl...RUN and don't look back.

ThisLittleChatteThisLittleChatteover 8 years agoAuthor
Hi Everybody!

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback! I was regretting posting this at all until I read that people were enjoying it.

For the curious minds out there, yes, this story is written from personal experience. The process of writing it out helped me work through what I felt, and I'm glad to say that I've moved past a lot of my sadness related to it. Seeing people's sympathy and how much they enjoyed reading about it helped a lot.

Thank you, everybody who offered support. You've encouraged me to keep writing.

THIRDCOASTTHIRDCOASTover 8 years ago
He was not meant for you.

We all have personal experiences that mold us and make us who we are. While this ended bad for you and maybe him too in the end, it is part of your path to self discovery. If we all found our first love and it ended there, how could we possibly be all we were meant to be?

You sound like somebody that is caring and wanting to be the perfect match for your mate. That person is still out there, probably looking for you. We all have our faults as do you, but the fact that you did things to make his day better, easier, shows that you have what it takes to be someone's mate.

I've read your update that you've been able to move on and that pleases me to no end. I hope that you take this experience and us it to grow into the well rounded woman you're supposed to become. We all have our first loves, people that we've shared "firsts" with but I'm telling you that they are just "firsts" not "lasts." It's just the first of many expereiences that you will have in your life that is ahead of you.

I wish you peace and happiness in your journey.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous