All Comments on 'Dawn over Sun Valley Ch. 07'

by small_town_girl

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Kill me if there would be no HEA on the following chapter

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

I can't wait to see what the Dr visit reveals and how that plays out. I loved this chapter and can't wait for the next one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
ACK!!!!

I just found this story and haven't read the prior chapters. This was... MEAN!!! I loved it, but feel bad for the couple, this sucks!!!!!!! I'm pulling for them.

Thanks for sharing your time and thoughts with all of us.

Christi

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
hurry

Hurry! I want to know how it ends!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Love the story

But I swear if she's pregnant I will throw a fit, I hope for a better ending than that.

apollo90apollo90over 8 years ago
Love the story (and the calibre of your writing)

As I read most of these stories on my phone (great app, Literotica people, BTW!), I cannot insert comments as the capability doesn't exist yet. However, I felt that for this story (so far), I had to open the Windows version and write to you.

Your development of the characters has been spot-on, though I still feel there is some back story to Leanne that we will still be discovering in the next few chapters.

I am also (and I have not read any other comments, so you have seen this already) not sure why Joe felt so crushed (and even that is not the word I want...) by the fact that Leanne hid who her father is. Realize he lost his mother to a despicable accident (20 years ago!), but I felt his reaction was over the top. But the way you have handled it ensured this story would continue for more chapters, so well done! Looking forward to the rest of the chapters, and I hope (considering today is the 29th as I write this) that you were successful in your project.

Keep up the good work and looking forward to reading more of your material.

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorover 8 years ago
Some serious feels

The impact of Leanne overhearing Joe was pretty great - nice move. I'm struggling with how forgiving she is, perhaps that's just my lack of experience in that particular dept.

You are churning out a lot of chapters in a short time, and yet the quality has been fantastic, I'm very much looking forward to the conclusion. Hopefully the Lit gods will allow you to get it out on time and meet your deadline.

Jason

PeperePepereover 8 years ago
It's getting too drawn out.

I am saddened that the conversation hasn't reached the point where she is quizzed as to why she came there yet. With the word count you're aiming for (tomorrow is the 30th) there won't be much room for an epilogue of sorts if it ever gets resolved, which I hope it does.

I love the story line and would give you five stars instead of four if only you didn't write 'around' things instead of 'about' them.

SirReal55SirReal55over 8 years ago
More, please,...

So far the story is great....

Keep it up and I hope it'll end on a good note

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Strong Work!

I do like this story, and the emotions and such that you have woven through it, especially since it has been written in such a short time. And I know that you probably have an idea of where you want to it go, however, I am with several others who don't want her to be pregnant. I think in such a well written, well-developed story, it's kind of cliche - girl finds boy, has first time, falls in love, gets 'mysteriously' sick and discovers she is pregnant, overjoyed, decides to raise child regardless of how involved boy is, boy is overcome with joy also. I will be mildly annoyed if that is where you take it, but I realize it is your story. Overall, I have enjoyed reading it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
God I love this

It's great, these two leads are such well thought out characters, and so perfectly flawed. Life ain't fair.

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlover 8 years agoAuthor
almost there, y'all!

@Anon 'kill me now' - Ch. 08 is subtitled 'true love' and tagged HEA. i think you're safe! :)

@Anon 'can't wait' - ah yes. we all know what the good doctor would reveal, i think ;-) the question is, what then?? hehe ~rubs hands evilly~

@Anon 'ACK!!' - wow, that's brave, jumping in like this. hope you go back to read the story from the start. at least for the juicy parts! #justsaying

@Anon 'hurry' - i did! i did hurry, and i have, in fact, just submitted ch. 08 (last one) to Lit! should post a couple of days from now, i guess. soon!

@Anon 'love the story, but' - please save your fit until after 'the end'. then, if you still feel this is fit-worthy, by all means, go for it! (and let me know. i live for this shit)

@Apollo90 - first, i am honored that you actually bothered going to the web version just to leave a comment. thank you so much for that! also, thanks for the kind words :) now, as for Joe's over-reaction, (1) you are probably right, and (2) there's a bit more context in the next chapter that explains why he took it quite so bad. still an overreaction (he realizes it, too) but, i hope, not completely implausible.

@JasonRTaylor - i agree Leanne is super forgiving. but, in a way, i think her 'acceptance' may be a bit of a cop-out, too. now that i've finished the story (see my second point) i'm thinking maybe i'll have her 'grow' a little more in that respect, in my edits. as for churning out the chapters - man, this has been a wild ride! i have officially 'won' the #NaNo challenge, in that i have written a full-length novel, to 'the end', in 30 days. i even managed to post that last chapter on time (submitted 23:54 on Nov. 30, my local time), but it'll take another couple of days to show up. oh well. hope y'all would be forgiving ;-)

@Pepere - thank you for that comment. as the next chapter is the last one, all i can say in my defense is, it's not gonna drag on for much longer... glad to hear you've enjoyed the story as a whole. thank you for taking the time to give your feedback!

@SirReal55 - yes, sir! ;-) (sorry. couldn't help it). yes, i have continued and posted the next and final chapter, and yes, it will end in a good note. hope you enjoy it!

@Anon 'Strong Work!' - thank you! i am curious to know how you'll feel about the last chapter. please be sure to comment, and somehow let me know you're 'that Anon' (seriously, people, can't you create a member ID? this is getting confusing... ~scratches head~)

@Alys - thank you! stay tuned. i hope you're gonna love the grand finale! :)

thank y'all for commenting, voting and favoriting. you guys with the little red hearts - i heart you, too!

phew. i cannot believe i've actually won the #NaNo challenge. going to crash now. starting my new job tomorrow morning; wish me luck, y'all!

xoxo,

Annie

(small_town_girl / Anne A. Lois)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
how many more chapters?

Love the series you've written so far :) Just wondering how many more chapters are left?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I LOVE this story!

I have been following this. I found the story after you posted Chapter 4 and read it from the beginning. I keep checking the site for updates!

I look forward to the next chapter which you said is the last. This is my kind of romance - they meet, fall in love, a secret comes out, pushes them apart, one or both realize they have been crazy after something happens ...

I hope you will continue to write more novels in the Romance genre. I really enjoy your writing in case you haven't gotten that point already!

DahliaWitchDahliaWitchover 8 years ago
STG=heartbreaker

Ok. So I had a long, tiring day at work & was cheered to know I had this chapter waiting for me tonight. F**k. You're a true heartbreaker. You have such an uncanny ability to open the window to both of their hearts & let us peer in......only to then devastate us!!! You little sadist, you! 😊 Seriously though, the tragic but honest encounter in Joe's bed was beautiful. Thank you for your emotional integrity. Can't wait for what's next.

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimover 8 years ago
Repeat

As I keep on saying, STG has this fantastic way of drawing out her characters personalities and flaws and putting it down in writing in such a way as to make them totally believable. Not only that but suck you in to the tale too.

Another great chapter.

senilissenilisover 8 years ago
BRAVO!!!!!

The only major negative thing I can say is that this lovely story will be coming to an end. No story has riveted me more than this one. I could only wish that another similar story will be written as a novel. Thank you so very much for making an "Old Man Feel Good".

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
How's a girl to cope?

No. I actually refuse. You're not allowed to do this. You're not allowed to stop and you really shouldn't be allowed to make me cry this much! I only just found this and I promise you reading it all in one go does terrible things to a girls emotions. No. I actually forbid you to stop this story. I'm not entirely sure I could cope. So please don't, have pity on your incredibly emotionally invested readers and don't stop, please!

wickedangeleyeswickedangeleyesover 8 years ago
You got me...

I read a lot. I am a bit obsessed when I get involved with a great story and I tore through your works like a bat out of hell. They are just perfect, the characters are great, I love the storyline... I just can't wait for more!

billybardbillybardover 8 years ago
Yeah!

Hi ya S_T_G:

SO glad to see that you "made it."

When I didn't see the next chapter pop up on Nov 30th, I thought that you had somehow missed your goal (didn't realize the two-day delay at LIT for submissions).

Glad that you made it. I was a bit concerned, since Chapter 7 seemed to be a bit abbreviated (as compared to your other chapters)--I assumed that you were struggling to get the story finished on time, and were cutting some corners.

Oh well, you have done such an outstanding job with this story that you are to be commended on your effort. I surely hope that you continue to write more romance stories--since you seem to have a special knack for bringing out the innermost struggles and battles of your characters--something not too many authors do well on LIT.

I've gotta admit that the hardest part of following this journey (both yours and the two main characters) was impatiently waiting for the next chapter to be published!

Yes, the story may be only fiction, but you managed to mask that in your delivery, and a lot of us were forgetting that this really didn't happen--which is a real pat on the back for your skill in writing.

PLEASE "agitate your mental marbles" some more and please many of us on LIT with your next romantic adventure!.

Thanks, again, for a wonderful effort.

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 7 years ago
This story still great!

As in the movie "The Princess Bride", true love does not die, it can be hidden, it can be lost for a while, but it always survives the whims of fate.

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet, and forever), is not my native language.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Love this!

This story just keeps getting better! I’m reluctant to read the last chapter, I don’t want the saga to end! Thanks for your great writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Feelings??

I cannot believe I just cried!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous