All Comments on 'An Unforgettable Melody Ch. 13'

by auguy86

Sort by:
  • 34 Comments
biphilmassbiphilmassabout 8 years ago
Unforgettable series.

Thank you for your writing and this is an awesome conclusion to the entire series.A wonderful glimpse into what heaven could possibly be like. loved the tap dancing Jesus and the descriptions of all the people that will be there.

5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Thank you!

I'm Happy & sad at the same time. I really enjoyed your story. Thanks for writing it!

ender2k2kender2k2kabout 8 years ago

Great series of stories. I hope you are inspired for a new one soon.

curiousvisitorcuriousvisitorabout 8 years ago
Thank you

I loved the entire series. You tried to step into quite big shoes of your predecessors and succeeded in creating something worthy of comparing to those two fantastic but sadly unfinished stories of Joe Brolly and 800Ibgorilla.

It is of course not without its own problems, there are less things happening in yours, you have (way) more spelling errors, but still your story provides us readers with new aspects to think about and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thank you for gifting us with your story and, please, tell us some more tales.

I just wish those two stories would also be completed by their authors. Any genies around who would like to grant that wish?

Many_MemoriesMany_Memoriesabout 8 years ago
Absolutely GREAT story!

I am looking forward to reading your next addition to our entertainment and enjoyment! I REALLY enjoyed reading this one!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Absolutely fantastic.

Truly a great story. This is one I will read again and again for as long as it is on this website.

FormerReaderFormerReaderabout 8 years ago
Well...

I was hoping for a more standard ending. The last chapter wasn't my "cup of tea".

However, you completed the series and that is more than the other "genie" writers ever did, so kudos to you. I enjoyed your writing and I hope you continue with whatever new ideas you may come up with.

auguy86auguy86about 8 years agoAuthor
Thanks to all!

Your kindness and support has been incredible, and I greatly appreciate it. This has been such a fun journey, and a very rewarding one at that. To answer several of you who have asked, YES! I do have another project I'm beginning to work on. It'll probably take me a week or so to get the first couple of entries up and running, and they'll be posted right here in Sci-Fi & Fantasy when they're ready. Again, I appreciate all of the support, comments, and fan feedback. Please spread the word to any readers who might enjoy my stories. Thanks again!

-auguy86

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

What a load of crap.

auguy86auguy86about 8 years agoAuthor
Care to elaborate further?

Or are you going to just spew and flame anonymously like a troll? If you have an issue or disagreement with my work, I'm totally fine with that, and am more than happy to discuss with you, either in the comments or in a private message. However, just spouting out that it's crap without any reason or fact to back it up only portrays yourself as immature. Please message me if you wish to discuss in actual detail. Otherwise, please move on quietly.

RasmatRasmatabout 8 years ago
Really?

It took Anonymouth all of thirteen chapters to arrive at his brilliant conclusion? Mensa, he's due for a review. A very moving story. Recommended or forwarded to many. Five stars and favorited. Waiting for more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

I have to say, I share the other Anon's sentiments, if not to such a polarizing degree.

My biggest concern with your story is that you are selling matters of faith as fact. Sure, as the story's author and, for all intents and purposes, the characters' Lord and Creator, this is your prerogative. However, your story is explicitly set in our reality, and thus it becomes a mirror of it. Whatever you present as truth or fact in the story now becomes a claim on the reader's reality; the story turns into a fable at best, into missionary propaganda at worst. And even if I happened to share your faith and agree with your premises, this still means that you've broken the story's fourth wall in a major way.

While I do not mind being preached at, this is not what I expected from this story, or rather from any story published on a website dedicated to erotic literature. Other than that, I have a whole list of minor complaints that I won't go into detail here (lack of a tension arch, deus ex machina, overly descriptive writing and orchestrated dialog).

auguy86auguy86about 8 years agoAuthor
Thank you for your comments sir

I totally understood going into this story that the faith elements were, at best, extremely unorthodox and, at worst, would not be well received. However, I dispute your assertion of selling these matters of faith as fact. I do happen to believe that these things, particularly as I described in this chapter, could be exactly what happens to us all when our time comes, but the fact of the matter is, none of us knows for sure. Additionally, if I did want to sell these matters as fact, I would not have placed the stories in Sci-Fi and Fantasy to begin with. While I personally don't see the religious elements as fantasy elements, many other readers do, and I respect that.

I do not agree that my work becomes missionary propaganda, though if you wish to believe this, you are entitled to. However, I would ask that you consider it as more of a "What if..." story. That very question is what inspired me to begin these stories at all, reading similar Genie stories that have done well on this website. "What if a person with such characteristics encountered a situation that completely altered his perception of reality and everything he has always believed?" That's ultimately the question I wanted to tackle. It's a cool story concept, interwoven with many of my personality traits, resulting in an account of how I would react to such a fantastic situation. Ultimately, however, my stories are just that: stories. It's not propaganda, and I have never once told anyone what to believe or not to believe. It's simply my take on this type of story, and it's simply meant to be thought-provoking and entertaining.

As to your other minor points, I realize that this is not what people expect from an erotica website, but isn't that one of the major points of storytelling? Unexpected elements that you never expected to be put together the way that they were is integral to writing something new and exciting. As for your other points, lack of tension, a level of description in my writing not to your taste, I'm certainly guilty as charged. Remember, I'm the very definition of an amateur writer; I write these on my lunch breaks at work and on the weekends. I am no professional, and I never pretend to be. This is just something fun I've been inspired to delve into, and I try to do a little better with each chapter. Anyhow, I thank you for your thoughts. Despite our philosophical disagreements, I do hope you enjoyed the stories and that you found them thought-provoking, even if in a different way than other readers may have found them. Thanks!

-auguy86

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
ridiculous

1. He didn't enslave, so what was the almighty on about?

2. An old man with a beard? Cartoonish.

3. Reagan in heaven??? Preposterous! A red tie for sure.

auguy86auguy86about 8 years agoAuthor
In response to Mr. Ridiculous...

1. It seems you have missed the whole point of the story. Mike's situation was a catch-22, where there was no way out where he didn't get his hands dirty in some way. The point is that, in choosing the lesser of the two evils, he still participated in the process of enslavement, and it was his humility to realize this and admit to it that ultimately saved him. Conversely, it was Henry's stubbornness and unwillingness to admit his mistakes that doomed him. Despite their mistakes in life, both men held their fates in their own hands.

2. Well, I considered describing God as a creature resembling a cross between a hippo, cat, and orangutan, but that's been done previously on South Park. And considering that South Park is a cartoon in and of itself, THAT would be incredibly cartoonish!

3. Why? Because you disagree politically? I worked extremely hard in this scene to include individuals from all ends of the political spectrum. The reason for this is simple: it illustrates a core belief of mine, that just because I may disagree with a person politically, that doesn't make them a bad person.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

I have to say...the genie genre often devolves into gangbangs and over the top sex scenes. Yours was truly a pleasure to read..and this final chapter...Bravo. I actually welled up a bit because of the emotion you had put into the whole thing. I look forward to your next story and hope to see another beautiful adventure soon!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
THANK U AUGUY86

First of all two minutes of silence n bullshit for those who criticised this awesomly fantastico story at any point n i just wanna thank u auguy for such a creative , interesting , erotic n time stories . Thank u so so much. Love ur work n waiting for more . No complaints or suggestions for u just a demand for more lovely stories n not to forget intimate ones :) .

- KV

mick4429mick4429almost 8 years ago
thacher

my god u put thacher in heaven she was a bigot and even helped people die in northern ireland and lets not forget the falklands your story was very good but your last chapter shite

Dont_miss_meDont_miss_mealmost 8 years ago
This is...

Truly one of the most awesome stories are river rat on here. I like how you worked Christianity in freedom of choice and free will. Don't let the haters get you down, great choice of characters dad at the end. Great job I'm looking forward to starting your next series.

Griffin_ScoutGriffin_Scoutalmost 8 years ago
By far

This has to be one of the best stories that I have read on the site. Keep up the good work.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
Sorry, this ending did not fit

Far too many religions and the adherents to those tenets are an accident of birth.

It would be interesting to read this tale written by a person born into the belief system of China, Japan, India, or even the Celts. Taking the round hole lore of the Jinn and then writing a conclusion using the square peg of the Shinto, Buddhists, et al.

"My favorite definition of mythology: other people's religion. My favorite definition of religion: misunderstanding of mythology. The misunderstanding consists in the reading of the spiritual mythological symbols as though they were primarily references to historical events. Localized provincial readings separate the various religious communities. Remythologization––recapturing the mythological meaning––reveals a common spirituality of mankind."

Joseph Campbell, "Thou Art That: Transforming Religious Metaphor" (Copyright © 2001 Joseph Campbell Foundation)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
To Riverrat:

While you say that, need I remind you that one of the central characters in this ending was Ghandi? He was most certainly not a Christian! There are some of us the feel that heaven is a place where the saved end up of all faiths. There are different portals and all that fit the understandings of their faith life. The central characters were United Methodists and so the ending is in the Christian paradigm.

LBLR15LBLR15about 7 years ago
Fantastic Story

I loved the ending of this story. I found myself connected to Mike and Melody as characters. I would have guessed before hand Melody standing judgement because she was a genie and not 100% human, so it was a nice twist to put Mike on trial. Good job and keep writing

doofus67doofus67over 6 years ago
Unusual

An unusual but not unlikable ending.

Enjoyed this story very much. Now, for that yellow tie of mine....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Good story, I can easily believe in the existence of Genies but Thatcher in heaven, that I just can't get my head around!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Wrong category!!

"..... while the other nations of the world began to squabble in the absence of America's leadership ........" - should have been in Humour & Satire.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Dogs

I notice with disappointment the lack of dogs in heaven. The pope himself has recently affirmed that they have a place there. And I don't even like dogs that much! I am sure there are many worthy non-human individuals, though they probably would have little interest in mixing with humans in the afterlife, but dogs certainly would.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Really! Churchill in heaven?

He was responsible for the great Bengal genocide which killed nearly 3 million people.

Are you illiterate?.

Budson1962Budson1962over 4 years ago
Incredible

Incredible! The best story I’ve read on this website to date.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You should have ended after chapter 12. The story was mostly consistent with biblical Christianity until the last chapter, but the depiction of the hearing seemed very unfaithful to what the Bible says about the basis of redemption. Nobody deserves heaven; everyone needs forgiveness; Jesus made forgiveness possible; those who trust Jesus for forgiveness in life would not need to face the uncertainty of a hearing after death.

redhammer142redhammer142over 2 years ago

What surprised me most was that they were not immediately interested in where their own children were

TealguyTealguyabout 2 years ago

A very enjoyable story, although the ending seems a bit rushed. That is not the only reason that I gave it four out of five stars: there were a few spelling and or grammar errors throughout which detracted a very very small amount from my overall enjoyment of the story. Please do keep writing; I will likely enjoy your future work.

NovemberComingFireNovemberComingFirealmost 2 years ago

All in all the series gets 3.5 stars from me. I just have a deep loathing for organized religion so it took me out of the enjoyment of the story a lot. It was, however, really well done. I’ve been obsessed with stories about genies since I was a little kid

GreywolfrisingGreywolfrising10 months ago

A genie story with an ending wow! great story

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userauguy86@auguy86
1173 Followers
Welcome, readers! My name is M.H. Barton, also known as auguy86. I am an author of erotic literature, dabbling mostly in romance and sci-fi/fantasy. I have lived for my entire life in the southern United States, aka "The South." I live here with my fantastic and loving wife, ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES