All Comments on 'A Shepherd Afield Pt. 02'

by BurntRedstone

Sort by:
  • 55 Comments
MoondogAUMoondogAUalmost 8 years ago
Thanks and look forward to more with Ben and the gang.

Great to see the next instalment of bens adventures. Look forward to the future continuation, and particularly if he makes it to visit us here in Australia! Can we stand the drama.....

Thanks again, and inspiration in your writing.

BigDog167BigDog167almost 8 years ago
Great.

Great as always. Loved the story but hate the cliff hanger. You are to good to need such a cheap device. So now I have to wait months until you post the next chapter and all that time I will be hoping your boxers shrink with you on them. :D

Did I mention I hate cliff hangers?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Another great chapter

Thanks for another great story. Was disappointed when Rochelle hooked up with another guy, but it's not my story to tell. Been waiting for news of the ex since the first story so looking forward to that. Hopefully not too long a wait. You sure left a lot of questions hanging in the air on this one, so I hope to see what the deal was with the rest of the crew while Ben was on vacation.

PS: My money is on Gabrielle being the first to take a swing at Wendy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
a great story

Disappointed bout d Rochelle thing and Ben's character of no jealousy...... But yeah like d usual exceptional piece of writing , your fan always.....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
10 pages too long

The story is entertaining, but enough is enough already. The amount of shit this guy goes through is unbelievable, which makes the story unbelievable. Just get on with the plot.

And a rapper named Killah shouldn't sound like a well educated person. Not saying rappers aren't educated, but the way you portrayed the character is not believable.

Now, I'm not saying these things to be a jerk. You can tell a story, but little things like this make a good story better. Good luck.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Good read keep it going hope you have a good ending to the story

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsalmost 8 years ago
Evil

This is even more evil an ending than with Jack's Wage Slavery pt 1. I guess we the readers begged for her introduction back in his life. You evil suspense genius. I can now only hope pt 3 comes out soon. Thanks for the entertainment, I laughed so hard during most of the antics of Trish and Rain, as well as the surfers. Hey ben didn't get injured this time, yay.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

i love the story but i couldnt stand what became of rochelle on this trip. it ruined her as a character and unless she gets her head out of her ass or just moves away to be removed from the story. she just gets head over heels in love with a complete stranger instead of actually attempting to she whats going on with ben especially on his dime was in very poor taste and low class. trish should have ripped her a new one. granted he has plenty of lovers as it is and im not against his occasional bedding of rochelle but id say she needs to be written out quickly by moving away or something. that was my only real qualm. i truly love these characters. i hope his tight knit group of the originals really get to blossom with him together for a long time.

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 8 years ago
Another "can't put down" page turner!

This is entertainment...good entertainment...and thanks for doing so! I like your writing style and the continuing saga is a good read. Keep 'em coming...so says a fan!!!

lightlytoastedlightlytoastedalmost 8 years ago
Mayhem

You really need to tone down the mayhem let the guy enjoy life a little for once

QuestioningLitQuestioningLitalmost 8 years ago
Pure Greatness

Love these Shepherd stories. Such good characters and story telling. Can't wait for more.

nthusiasticnthusiasticalmost 8 years ago
Perfect Length

If anything, I wish it was longer, the longer the better. One or two pages just doesn't allow for much character development.

I'm glad you didn't go for the cheap rapper stereotype sounding like a street thug. I enjoyed the contrast between his rapper persona and off-stage persona. To assume Killah is uneducated merely because of his profession and/or stage name is shallow.

fanfarefanfarealmost 8 years ago
Enjoying the pain, suffering the pleasures.

Sex & Mayhem!

More Sex & Mayhem!

Lots More Sex & Mayhem!

Whats not to love?

Anyone reading BR's epic saga of The Tribulations of Job...excuse me, Ben and not expect a plethora of Sex AND Mayhem? Nay demand that the writer inflict less pain and pleasure upon his most excellent of fictional protagonists...Well Jeeze folks, why do you continue to suffer thru reading this?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Nice

Nice job, good character creation. Keep them conning.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
cliffhanger

So... Spoiler alert

I can't imagine the legal grounds for the cliffhanger at all... Assuming it's a civil suit, any statute of limitations would be long passed. You're typically pretty good with the legal stuff (though you do ignore assult quite a bit :P) so I'm looking forward to seeing how you spin this

BDC77015BDC77015almost 8 years ago
Rochelle and Thomas

Quite a few are complaining about Rochelle's budding romance with Thomas. Ben has always told all of the women in his life he loved them, but to never give up on finding love with someone else. If you've paid attention his relationship with her has been more of a friend one than say his relationship with Cat, Gabby or Tina. So that's why he had no problems with her and Thomas getting together.

LalawmanLalawmanalmost 8 years ago
WOW!

Even more about Ben's childhood and he keeps making partial breakthrough's into his psyche... add in more fights and great storytelling, whoosh! While I truly love the Gabriella, Cat and Tina characters bring on TRISH!

sithonsithonalmost 8 years ago
5 stars again . fine writing.

I'm pretty sure the lawsuit is a divorce suit. Wendy never divorced Ben. She just dropped her rings and left. I think Ben's noteriety has hipped her to how rich Ben really is and now she's coming back for her piece. I bet she never realized he was rich because Ben lived humbly. Suddenly he's in the news being banged by young hotties, hanging with celebrities and ka-ching someones cash register went off.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
ok but

theres a thing called abandonment its like 5-10 years depending on the state so in that case she will get jack shit

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
ok here u go

No state allows you to file for divorce the day after your spouse leaves. In most jurisdictions, you must wait at least a year. Maine requires three years. If he leaves, returns, then leaves you again, the clock starts over. ...BUT in the case of the storie he hasent seen or heard from her in like 8-12 years caus rember he was a drunk and stoped a kidnapping of his nabors little girl that is now IN collage so she wont get shit to sue for divorce

HalBurnsteinHalBurnsteinalmost 8 years ago
Welcome Back

sorry this comment is late but I read using the android app and don't log in much.

I just want to encourage you. The Shepherd series' are a reason I reach for my tablet when I wake in the morning. I'm really enjoying these stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
And so forth

Looking forward to next installment. Would love to see this fella get at least a few days off from one calamity after another. Lol On the other hand he gets more romance than any twelve people I have ever heard of. Technically very easy to read. Some times get lost in the swarm of females. He needs a guy friend. Just for respite.

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsalmost 8 years ago
Divorce

I dont remember the stories ever saying flat out that he was divorced. If he never went thriugh with the paperwork ....

Granted Benis quite smart,but it is possible that sense he waited and waited for her to come back that he never filed.

landmmorlandmmoralmost 8 years ago
More, more, more.

From Ashburn to A Sheperd Afield 2, a most enjoyable read. Looking forward to future installments, don't disappoint us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
More

Love the story and I can't wait to read more

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

I can't wait for the next installment as Ben deals with his ex.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Please don't keep your readers waiting to long.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Awesome series

Have enjoyed every word. Can't wait for more.

Thanks for writing

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsalmost 8 years ago
Just Realized ...

That this is a terrible time for Gabriella to not be at home! What if Wendy wants him back .... she could crush everything that Ben has gained because Ben still loves her to this day and from what I gather would probably take her back quite quickly. .... scary thoughts ... Sorry had to leave another comment as I just finished a read through of all the series again lol

-J

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Awesome story.

I really enjoyed this story, espescially because Ben is just a good guy. Of course he has his issues, but who doesn't? Right?

Hope to read more soon, espesially about his ex, I'm very intrigued how that will end up.

Great job with this story so far. Can't wait to read more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Great story I hope you finish it with a great ending

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
loved it

Can't wait to read more!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Love this story

I don't why I can't stop reading this story or why it's affecting me so strongly. Maybe it's because of the main character's struggle to come to terms with his emotions and his past. Maybe I keep reading because of the love between Ben and his friends. Or maybe it's just because of the oh so hot sex scenes ;)

No matter the reason, i'll keep reading if you'll PLEASE continue writing Ben Shepherd's story!!

TJSkywindTJSkywindover 7 years ago
Tagging along for the ride

And enjoying it.

LaShia and Brooklyn seemed to want film of Ben dancing, but they didn't arrange for that to happen after the return? Though both were embarrassed by Naomi's actions, he did point it out as an option and these media-savvy and -hungry musicians didn't take him up on his offer? Unless I missed it?

Anyway, hooked on the series. Thanks for sharing! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great story

You did some research for France and Costa Rica. However, ,, you did not mention are Arenal or any of the other volcanoes.

I suspect this is not your first story and you probably have had a creative writing course or at least some workshops because your descriptions are fairly good. Read some of the books by Rick Bragg about his family and see how he describes things and colors. You are not there yet but you're getting there

Are you trying to contact a publisher or several? Do not give up and you may have to contact 50 before one says yes but somebody is going to say yes. Debbie Macomber was turned down several times your she got a publisher. You are going to make it and make it big. Just stop writing about Harem romances! They are misogynist.

SorchakSorchakalmost 7 years ago
Well, that answers that question.

I was wondering if/when Wendy was going to put in an appearance. I was also wondering if she was going to try something like getting back with Ben. Now I have to read the next chapter to find out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Tired and formulaic

I agree with the other comment that basically said "enough is enough already". Nobody would ever remotely get into as much shit as Ben does. The story at this point has become tired and formulaic: Introduce a damsel in distress for Ben to rescue, put Ben in a dangerous situation, have Ben get injured defeating the bad guy, repeat ad nauseum.

What really might have changed this section of the story was if when Ben was in the shower and finally got the soap out of his eyes, looked down and saw a stranger giving him a blow job, and got really pissed off at Trish for "pimping him out" to someone she just met, and without his consent. Top that off with him finding out that Trish invited the old lady next door to hide in the room closet to listen in, and Ben went ballistic and refused to even speak to Trish. Being so angry that he took the next flight home. Trish getting all upset about her screwup. Ben's other lovers back home getting pissed at Trish when Ben tells them what she did.... and all sorts of drama ensues with people taking sides. Will this tear the neighborhood apart?

At this point you have already introduced too many of "Ben's women" into the story, so how is the reader supposed to even care about this new girl with a student loan to pay off, and some 70 year old gray haired lady that gets off peeping on others? I couldn't even finish reading the story.

Completely didn't care about the 2nd submissive introduced in a different chapter. One is enough, and Tina had a wonderful character development. Completely didn't care about the two "daughters" he adopted. Certainly there's no need to keep introducing yet more characters. It would be much better to develop ones that you already have. Ah well... you can't please everyone, and judging from the Literotica score of this story, my opinion is in the minority.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Wow

I'm going to say it for everybody it's a story if you don't like it oh well . Of course stuff is going to be crazy and amazingly extreme it is what it is it's not real life get over it. It's one of the best novels ever, Ben Shepherd is a man of moral character, one of the best I've ever read thank you to burntredstone and anybody that doesn't agree thank you for your reading it cuz you had to get somewhere to disagree to it

LucySteeleLucySteelealmost 5 years ago
Are you cheating?

Why is the Erotic Couplings 'Hall of Fame' the BurntRedstone Hall of Fame? I've been told you're cheating, by running a programme to boost all of your scores and trash all the competition, but nobody would be that petty, would they? And surely the Literotica moderators wouldn't allow that? Would they?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
read all your stories

i have read everyone of your stories and i like them for their simplicity and the great dialogue i have seen a couple of comments about cheating on some of your different stories sound like alot of sour grapes, please keep up the great work and thank you for your time and please ignore these people. would like to see another chapter on the satyr story 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Stunning!

The marvelous story continues unabated, with many new twists and turns and characters galore. I particularly enjoyed the entry of Rain into Ben's "family", and her role in finally bringing out the basis of Ben's memory gaps and violent actions. And I was pleased that for this cycle, the damage to Ben's body from his various encounters was far less severe than in the past. and his time spent with police authorities was much reduced. Ben's interactions with the young surfers was very well done and welcomed by this reader at least. But the now long-expected bombshell of Wendy's return on the scene was the most stunning of this chapter's developments. Bravo for another exciting Chapter, and Thanx for another great Read!

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago
More action this time

Good story with lots of side stories and action. Coul shorten up the sex scenes I think they actually detract from your writing which is really good. Keep up the good work

lovedefactolovedefactoover 2 years ago

Great sex scenes Fascinating plot

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 2 years ago

Oooo… first is back for a bit of money. Another great chapter! Thanks

6King6Kingabout 2 years ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

RanDog025RanDog025almost 2 years ago

Again, EXCELLENT! 5 BIG FAT BLAZING STARS! Again a huge thank you to a brilliant Author.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 1 year ago

This instalment begins at home for Ben, then he goes to Costa Rica with Trish and Rochelle, where the meet some rap and r&b artists, ... then upon returning home he is served, he is being sued by his ex-wife, Wendy, ... wow! That will teach Ben for going off on a vacation, ... ;-) TTFN

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Glad to see the 'repressed memories' arc finally moved forward

Was planning to go to bed after finishing pt2 but now that cliffhanger...

tsgtcapttsgtcapt8 months ago

Good action, good drama, good foreshadowing, what .ore could you want? Thank you.

RanDog025RanDog0257 months ago

Best damn Author here at Literotica! Love the story, no matter how many times I've read it. 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great story. Ben’s life is a little hectic.

StewarttrigStewarttrig3 months ago

Again, good story. Just wishing for better editing

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith2 months ago

Costa Rica Spa / hotel, with beach, surf, rainshowers, musicians, dancing, old farts, a dangerous hood, and just to prove that no good deed goes unpunished, now we get Ben's ex-wife (still wife), she's back and suing him, .... what is Wendy up to? This will teach Ben about taking a week's vacation, ... ;-) ttfn

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

When a relaxing vacation is hard work.

GrandEagle53GrandEagle5321 days ago

Just can't keep out of trouble, can he? I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBurntRedstone@BurntRedstone
9830 Followers
Welcome! I've added a Twitter feed (@burntredstone) where I will post updates as well. My stories are being submitted (gradually) to Amazon. As I understand I'm not allowed to include URLs to other sites here, you can find the books if you search for author name B Redstone ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES