All Comments on '...Of the Life of D'

by aka_Mike

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
The problem here?

Is that it is such an unlikeable story I don't care to read anymore.

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 8 years ago
Bring it on

I can't wait to read more. A lot of us 'non-military' types have had all the same experiences. Not blood and violence but chaos and disaster just the same. I like your rather 'eccentric' style and don't look here for raw sex. Stay with the formula.

"you were miserable as a child,

and you're even worse as a man......"

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Sequence

When stories are linked together, some indication of their sequence would be helpful.

I suppose I can go by posting date, but why not use a common title with unique sub-titles or something?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Get even done!.

Too much analysis I get it! Good reading so far. Did start at the start so looking forward not back. Will read this chapter again after the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

I read all the stories mentioned. Personally, I thought they vacillated between being vague and ambiguous to chaotic and frenetic. There were a few interesting parts but most of it was lost on me. If it was supposed to be some type of post-war narrative, trust me: James Jones, you ain’t.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
O Kay

You got the Id 10 t down, we all got problems and I cannot write so I'll trust you and try your read and try to understand my problems lol. I hope your style is simplistic .. LIKE; Louis L'Amour and comic books, LOL. Never liked reading but a 125 credits and a Associate Degree in Science and I don't feel any smarter, can't fix anything, got maybe some brain damage. Que Sera, Sera. I've never seen an introduction to all your stories in some kind of a box and so I am intrigue.

your best friend and worst critique bill

drycreeksdrycreeksalmost 2 years ago

AWESOME Story really sad to see it end. Good luck in ur future endeavors.

Darkshooter213Darkshooter2135 months ago

Though I don't am late to the party, (story at the time of its writing) I have enjoyed it so far. The1st parts of a young man entering the military and to suffer such heartbreak as with a cheating spouse is a an unfortunate hallmark of the life as a service member. Your story pulls back the curtain and exposes a very traumatic phase in a young person's life with the backdrop of war and combat that its dark interlude plays as the the backdrop on our darker side of our humanity. It is a not-so-much secret that many our service members depression and PTSD is derived by events such as this. To say that your story hits home would be an understatement. I hope you you keep writing because (fuck what those haters post in the comments) I have enjoyed reading this and I mm excited to see where this journey will lead to.

IrishLaddy59IrishLaddy594 months ago

A magnificent novel you have written. You have such skill. Your character development was impressive. Each section and chapter was brilliant. All I can do is thank you from the bottom of my heart for bringing these people to life. If D was a Klingon he would find himself in Sto'Vo'Kor. He died well. His time was a good day to die and he found his place with the honored dead.

All the best,

Dave

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous