All Comments on 'The First SaR Mission Ch. 01'

by PerryNormal

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

so far unless you are a pilot this is pretty boring. i realy hope we actualy get a story in the next chapter. and not more jargen.

Masterskitten26Masterskitten26over 7 years ago
Long winded intro with way to much of what this or that is...

The long winded intro; Not needed.

You've over explained.

I've been a reader of Literotica for more years then I care to mention. What you've done is basically gone and taken what should have been a smooth read and made it more like work.

Nobody wants to continue to stop and figure things out as their reading.

Write the story and let it flow.

This whole chapter is Aaron doing, feeling, seeing...etc.

When you type, "Aaron looks...." or "He flinched...," you don't need brackets nor parenthesis. You've made a simple story complicated for the readers eyes.

Being one that is legally blind in one eye I can confirm this.

Stop trying so hard. Just put your story out there.

Yes, it is a bit boring, but I see you are trying to set the story up.

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 7 years ago
Great start!

Why care if it's a bit technical when it was only meant to introduce characters and the situation they find themselves in? I personally found it both informative and compelling. I look forward to reading the rest of the story.

baikalisanbaikalisanover 7 years ago
Potential

Lots of info that really isn't needed. The technical jargon killed the story. The [ ]. Omg please please omit them next time.

There could be a good story here, just need to ease up and let it flow instead of trying to compartmentalize everything you don't like about other posts you've read in the past. I'll keep reading if you keep trying!

BigDog167BigDog167over 7 years ago
Hard to read

It does not flow like a good story and reads more like a tech manual. I suggest you follow the story writing formula that has worked for hundreds of years.

grunt82abngrunt82abnover 7 years ago
FAA transcripts

I didn't mid all the jargon because I'm a student pilot. It did, however, cut heavily into the story and I can see why non-pilots wouldn't like it. Kind of like reading a investigation with audio transcripts attached to it

txcrackertxcrackerover 7 years ago
Interesting !

Not being a pilot it was interesting lots of "teckno stuff" but I agree with kjohns2001 this could be very interesting . 4*'s but could be more . I am very hard to give 5 as it has to be exceptional but I am enjoying it .

Thanks for the read .

tx cracker

biercebierceover 7 years ago
Outstanding

Thanks for all of the detail of the flight. Used to work at an airport and was on the airfield talking with the tower. Nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Breaks vs brakes

Spelled correctly, wrong word

nthusiasticnthusiasticover 7 years ago
Ditch the Brackets!

Really annoying to reader. I'll give it one more chance since I wanted to like this but it was waaay too much work to read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Torn

Really want to give up on this story after reading the first chapter, but I see it has such high ratings for the last few chapters. I'm not one that can start in the middle of a story, I have to start from the beginning. Since it's under the Non-Human genre, I'm assuming that will come later and hopefully, will pique my interest. I agree with the others, the brackets are SO not helpful and the technical jargon really alienated me from this story. I am going to give a couple more chapters a go before I give up.

SnowPawzSnowPawzover 3 years ago

i am really split down the middle with the technical terminology that is scattered thoughout.

on one hand, i am lapping it up because aircraft and flying are a big interest to me.

on the other hand, it is losing me as i find it jarring to keep up with every abbreviation and detail that is tossed in. unfortunately, it seems just for the sake of detail.

will keep reading to see how it pans out. but I'm, not 100%

Gumby603Gumby603over 2 years ago
Enjoying it.

My nephew has his license and I'm his right seat alot. We like to fly from March in Riverside to somewhere for lunch and back. Good technical info.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous